Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sarah

Drink Me

... However, this bottle was not marked `poison,' so Alice ventured to taste it, and finding it very nice, (it had, in fact, a sort of mixed flavour of cherry-tart, custard, pine-apple, roast turkey, toffee, and hot buttered toast,) she very soon finished it off.

this is awesome! at first its like tart sweet cherries and then a buttery note comes in that stays for hours. its great. I love this scent.

I nearly fainted in happiness when I smelled this. It smells so much like a mix of buttered toast and my mom's coffee cake, with a perfect spike of cherry. Officially my current favorite BPAL scent.

In the imp: Woahh strong smell of lots of food. I love foody scents & the initial smell in the imp was definately too much for me.

Wet on my skin: It seems like a bunch of different food is trying to fight to come to the forefront. I smell pineapple, then toast, then cherry, then cake, then custard all screaming at me in different times. :P It all feels quite overwhelming at the stage but I persevered.

Dry on my skin: This eventually dries down to a yummy toffee custard smell with a hint of cherry tart which is loveely. So glad I let it dry on my skin. This is a very comforting smell I find. I will definately use my imp & then may get a bottle. :D

In the imp: pineapple and butter

On my skin: the pineapple hangs around for a little while but soon goes away. Then I'm left with a very buttery, sweet cake. Or custard, perhaps?

This is kind of fun! :P

There's so much going on in the bottle, but on me, wet or dry, it's Sucrets cough drops. Medicinal cherry yuck. If I'd been Alice, I'd have never gotten small, because I would never have put this in my mouth.

This smelled like food!!!! Like some kind of food you eat at Thanksgiving or Christmas! It smells good but not really for a perfume. Too foody...and it's weird cuz I usually like foody scents. But this is the definition of food scents!!! Warm buttery smell that lasted a LONG time on my skin!

One I ordered fresh from the Lab.

In the imp: butter, like buttered popcorn Jelly Bellies (oh man, I HATE those) and cherry just behind that.

Wet on me: Still those damn popcorn jellybeans. A bit of fruit but it's totally butter-soaked, which is kind of gross. This is actually starting to turn my stomach.

After five minutes: Butter and cherry chapstick. Where's the cake, dammit?!

Now the throw from this is starting to get nicer, rather sweet and custard-y; however I still can hardly bear to put my nose to my wrist because of that damn butterball-scent. (Sidenote: holy mackerel, I swear I can smell turkey now! :P )

Drydown: More sweetness comes out, definitely, and I can see the comparisons to cake now. Unfortunately the butter is still there, and it's ruining my Drink Me experience up to this point... I'll wait a bit longer.

The fruit notes (I suppose they must be cherry and pineapple, but to be honest it's just generalised 'fruitiness' to my nose) have now come out more strongly and are transforming the evil buttery grossness into a rich fruit-tart fragrance. This, perhaps, I can live with!

If you like this one, try The Knave of Hearts.

ETA: You know what? It's still buttery as all hell. Forget it.

Edited by Baitu

This is probably the foodiest BPAL blend I have tried so far, in that it smells 100% edible. No perfumy undertone, no unexpected notes to remind you that it is perfume and not cake you are smelling. I can see why this comes with a disclaimer in the Lab description :D

At first Drink Me was sweet, very sweet. In fact, its sweetness was almost overwhelming and I was not sure if I wanted to keep it on. Thankfully, some of the sweetness and most of the intensity dissipated after an hour or so and it mellowed into a sugary vanilla blend with the tinest hint of fruit. Which could have been a great scent, had there not been something rather artificial-smelling about it, lurking into the background.

After drydown, Drink Me faded surprisingly quickly, leaving on my skin a faint scent that was fairly different from the earlier stages: buttery, caramelly, with a fruity undertone, it was reminiscent of Eat Me and much more enjoyable than it was previously. Curiouser and curiouser, this blend seems to play tricks on my skin!

As much as I love gourmand scents, the cloying sweetness of the first stage is a little much for me, all the more so that the drydown is very nice but extremely faint on my skin. I may try and age Drink Me for a while to see if becomes better-rounded, if not, I will pass it on to the next aficionado :P

imp: sweet, fruity vanilla. this smells exactly like a super-sweet cupcake. i could be happy sniffing this imp for a long, long while.

wet: whoa, this is sweet. it's a sort of almond, vanilla, fruity flowery smell. strong and yummy smelling.

dry: i'm getting an almost toasted almond and sweet floral scent. like marzipan? i can't place what this smells like (besides yum). like i need anymore bottles... :P

very very sweet, sadly it turns horribly sweetly burnt on me and once that burnt sweetness comes out i can't smell anything else (the same note is in Crumpet and Sugar skull), but before it goes nuts on me, in the bottle, it smells a bit like Crumpet Rebellion - so take not if you love that blend.

I know it might seem strange, but this one is lovely on me--pie with butter crust, that strange hint of something that makes me think of the turkey in the desription, and this faint hint of deliciously fruity freshness that wraps this up into a comfortingly foody scent for me. It's like steamed milk with vanilla and sugar, and coffee, and sugar cookies and all the other things all at once.

It makes me hungry thinking about it, so I'm going to go slather more on. It's a wonderfully "homey" kind of smell--like dozing on the couch after a family dinner.

Drink Me

Buttered popcorn that evolves into caramel which then evolves into pineapple cherry candy, all the while remaining buttered. Now it's mostly cherry, a sharp artificial cough drop cherry with butter notes in the background. The cherry quiets, the butter rises, it's drippy and almost makes me feel greasy. As it wears, the notes blend together more thoroughly.

[ 3 - Like ] To me, this is all fruit and butter; it has a dessert like quality. Although, I don't really care for smelling like butter.

I am a foody, I really enjoy smelling like things you can ingest, be them desserts or drinks or fruits or.. you get the idea.. :P

This one however.. it smells like.. a pineapple upside down cake (cherries, pineapple, a touch of cake mix and butter) that was made incorrectly. Think like.. if your little sister tried her first time baking ever and maybe.. added too much butter and not enough something else. I really can't see myself wearing this one.. at all..

I suppose I should ammend my foody statement above to say that I really enjoy smelling like things you can ingest that have been made properly.

Bottle: Pineapple and turkey

Wet: Pineapple, vanilla and turkey with some sweetness. It's kind of wrong. And right. Like opposite of what you think you want. Pineapple and turkey go great with eachother, who knew?

Drydown: Still a lot of pineapple and a little bit of turkey with a tiny hint of vanilla.

3.5 outta 5

In the bottle: Mmm, buttery goodness.

Wet: Buttery, sweet and fruity (the husband said he could definitely pick out the cherries and toffee)

Dry: Smokiness...Here comes the turkey! (That's the part I was hoping for)

Within 3 hours: The smokiness has become potpourri/incensey/candley on me. Still nice though.

Great while it lasted...made me feel almost like Violet Beauregard with the Wonka gum :P Such an interesting scent experience!

Hm. Butter-spice-Playdoh-patchouli. The patchouli comes out in very odd little blasts.

Fun but weird. Maybe it's the knowledge that there's supposed to be turkey in here.

Yummy buttery boosy goodness. Patchouli underneath it all. VERY fun and VERY yummy and definitely a great pick-me-up. This is one of the few scents that I ALWAYS get asked about when I am wearing it out and about....

Buttered Popcorn Jelly-belly. Crazy throw, lasts and lasts. I get a hint of cherry at the beginning and a bit of smokiness near the dry-down.

Not a scent I will wear, but I do enjoy the scent on my neice, who is 18. She smells like jellybeans when she wears it.

Could it be I have not reviewed this yet? Unthinkable, but true. It's pastry crust, which is fabulous for a ridiculous bread addict from a family of ridiculous bread addicts. Yummy and sweet, yet not cloying, heavy or allergy-inducing. It reminds me of the delicious, freshly-baked cherry streusel pie sitting in my fridge right now.

Excuse me for a moment. :P

On me, when it is wet Drink Me is a delicious blend of boozy caramel and vanilla. When it dries it is a soft delectible vanilla scent. The caramel is still there but isn't as pronounced. Yummmm, this is one of the best I've smelled from BPAL. Oooo, now the scent has transformed on my skin with the boozy caramel coming back to the forefront. Lighter, but still there. Full bottle worthy!

Incredibly strong foody smell. Tart, tart cranberry sauce with orange peel, sweet potatoes, and...yes, there really is turkey in there.

I'm impressed with how amazingly accurate this scent is, but having my skin smell like a Thanksgiving smorgasboard is actually a bit nauseating. :P

In imp: Butter, pineapple, and a bit of cherry jolly rancher.

Wet on skin: I 100% second anyone who mentioned Jelly Belly buttered popcorn beans! It's a dead ringer. Plus a hint of fruitiness. And seriously, there's something smoky and meaty hiding in the background. (Is that my mind playing tricks because I read the word, or is that turkey??)

After a bit: Fruity scents all but gone, all that's left is butter and sweet (maybe a hint of vanilla?) I find that *amazing* owing to the fact my skin amps red/fruit/candy like nobody's business. But, yes, the cherry is gone, I think.

Later: Still butter and sweet. Fairly long lasting.

Eh. I don't find this scent sexy, or refreshing, or empowering, or even appetizing; i.e. any of the things I'd hope for in a perfume. So, I think Pika's skin chemistry strikes out again. :P

This is my mom's super delicious, super rich, super easy dump cake. I'm not kidding.

Recipe:

* 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling

* 1 (15 ounce) can crushed pineapple

* 1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix

* 1 cup butter

1. Pour pie filling into bottom of a lightly greased pan, and on top of that pour the pineapple.

2. Sprinkle dry cake mix on top of pineapple.

3. Slice butter or margarine over cake mix.

4. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes.

Serve warm with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream on top.

Or just wear Drink Me.

Edited by Spacekitty