Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Simply cool, the essence of Lounge: the scent of a crisp pomegranate martini.

In Bottle: Boozy pomegranate
Wet: mmm pomegranate.
Dry: It’s slightly artificial from the booze note, but overall a really nice strong pomegranate.
Notes: I really like pomegranate so I approve!

Pomegranate booze for sure in the imp. However, on my skin? Dryer sheets. oO I take that back, the pomegranate comes out, but I think the juniper or the gin in the martini is making this reminiscent of dryer sheets on my skin, for whatever reason. Not quite for me.

Edited by Venneh

This is a very happy, bright scent that reminds me of some perfumes for kids. No booze for me, just sweet, sweet pomegranate juice. And it's pretty strong once it hits the skin, after a couple of hours it was cloyingly sweet, not for my skin chemistry. So I think I'll find a good home for it, since I don't think I'm going to wear it any time soon.

Edited by milica

The first thing I thought of when I sniffed Swank was that it smelled a little like Lampades- the pomegranate smells an awful lot like the cranberry in Lampades. At first, it's an artificial, potpourri-like scent. The alcohol is backing it up, and I can't decide if I like it or not. It reminds me a little of the sparkly champagne note in Bon Vivant, but at the same time, it certainly isn't making the pomegranate more realistic. As the oil dries, the potpourri vibe fades, but it always seems sort of artificial, like a berry flavored fruit snack. It makes me think of a little girl's perfume until I remember that it's a pomegranate martini. Too bad.

My first impression is BUBBLY! Yes, it smells like a bubbly pomegranate. I can just picture it in my head, a nice red, bubbly, but not necessarily boozy, pomegranate drink. As it dries a bit more on my skin, I'm starting to smell more of the "boozy" note, but it's very interesting to me. There was a spray at Bath and Body Works a few years ago that I loved that was "pomegranate martini" but it smelled more like "fruit punch" than actual pomegranate. Swank is much truer to the image of "pomegranate martini". I like it a lot. The imp will definitely get used up, I might even buy a bottle!

Edited by Ryokumuji

Weirdly, I couldn't smell the pomegranate at all. Something about this smelled like soap to me. I'm going to have to try it again later - I think my nose is broken today.

Edit: Yep, my nose was broken two days ago. I'm having completely opposite reactions to everything I smelled two days ago. I can definitely smell the pomegranate. It doesn't quite go into the soap range for me today, but it does smell vaguely artificial.

Edited by calivianya

In the imp, this smells bubbly and boozy. Can hardly detect the pomegranate for the boozy smell, but I'm pretty sensitive to the taste and smell of alcohol (I dislike both) so that's possibly why.

On my skin, it hits it and goes CLEANING FLUID. Just some harsh industrial cleaning fluid. Strong and very very offputting. It stays that way, then a slight hint of pomegranate comes through so it turns into KITCHENMATE STRONG OVEN CLEANER NOW WITH POMEGRANATE...or something.

Immediately went to the swap box!

Wet: Pretty fizzy, reminds me a bit of Bon Vivant! The pomegranate is strong!

Drying: I don't really like the initial dry-down stage. It goes a bit like cleaning fluid on me. But as it starts to dry more, it blossoms again.

Dry: Fruity, almost like lip balm, but not a bad thing. Also smells like clean sheets on me - again, not a bad thing.

I like it, but not sure if I'd wear it all the time.

In bottle: Pomegranate dominant. It is pretty much as described. It’s strong pomegranate over the lab’s gin note. I’m not good with juniper, so I’m not skin testing, but if you like pomegranate, this is likely your best bet for a good GC blend.

Slight whiff of pomegranate, no booze - it doesn't excite me at all; but DH loves it - go figure.

In the bottle: the alcohol scents from the Atomic Luau Lounge and I have not been friends...hoping this one's different! and it is - kind of. it's definitely pomegranate, but a powdered candy-like one. there's also something that reminds me of cigarette smoke, which only adds to the lounge vibe. this is not fresh split-open pomegranates that stain your lips, but artificial cold ones that are plainly tart.

On my skin: it stays firmly in sweet-tart territory, even when it's on my skin, which is disappointing. I <3 pomegranates, but fresh ones not the artificial kind. that said, the tartness and sweetness of this are pretty well balanced. it smells almost minty as it wears on, which is probably the alcohol, and continues to grow more tart. almost like cranberries by the end.

Last thoughts: artificial pomegranates and a splash of alcohol. sharpness in it is reminiscent of the dry burnt grass and alcohol with cigarettes found in Roadhouse, though this is less sweet than that blend by far.

Mmmmmm...I like this one very much: crisp and fruity with a slight bite. It's quite similar to Golden Wave, though, so I'll get my "fruity alcoholic beverage" scent fix from that, instead. (At least while my imps last!)

In Imp: A martini surrounded by piercing, juicy red fruit. (i.e., pomegranate!) It really smells just as its description indicates in the imp.

Wet: POMEGRANATE! It's lightly dry, but juicy and mouth watering. It has a huge throw at this stage too! The booze has mostly gone away but give the pomegranate a little extra jab.

Drydown: The pomegranate sweetness is subsiding a little, mellowing and leaving tart, lovely pom. Really the notes don't seem to morph or fluctuate much, which is nice.

Verdict: Delicious, identifiable, and not like anything else I have. I'm keeping this to see how I like it in day to day wear. 4/5

In the imp, this was sort of a fruity smell, not quite identifiable to me.

On my skin, alas, it's pure unadulterated YUCK. It doesn't smell like pomegranate to me -- just sort of a soapy, fruity, slightly juniper scent. Mostly soapy. Off to swaps, I'm afraid.

Edited by holborne

This is a juicy, boozy pomegranate. I kind of expected this to morph and soften on me, the way a lot of fruit scents do, but this stayed pretty much the same for the duration. Nice, if not terribly complex.

High hopes dashed. Juniper stomped all over everything (boozy gin note?) for the first 5 minutes, then an artificial fruitiness in the drydown. "Soap" says my DH, and I don't disagree. Glad this seems to work for so many other people.

In the imp...bright tart pomegranate

On wet...lovely red pom juice, bright and tart, with slight whiffs of juniper heightening the juiciness of the pom

Dry down...the tartness of Tue pomegranate remains in the forefront with good throw and little morphing. There is a hint of hooziness but mainly its just a bright true pom. Luckily I don't get the soapy cleaning fluid that so many do, maybe cuz I love pomegranate, so this is just a wonderful scent on me!!

I'm a bit "meh" on Swank. I don't love it, I don't hate it. It smells believably like a fruity cocktail, and I like it well enough to keep my imp.

This is really nicely balanced between the gin and the pomegranate - it's not too boozy, but not too tart, either. I can kind of see where the dryer sheet/soap comparisons come from, but I think it's more pleasant than that. I'll hang onto this and save it for warmer months, or for nights out when I'm feeling a bit girly. :)

Edited by vthesiren

got this as a frimp. it's bright and bubbly and fizzy with fruitiness. aka, the exact opposite of my kind of scent. and the pomegranate turns weird and plasticky on me as usual. it smells like someone soaked a strawberry shortcake doll in gin and club soda ;)

In the imp and wet, it was something generically fruity with a crisp, almost cucumber-like background (is this a gin martini?). Once it dried, it devolved into this horrific "berry medley" cheap air freshener sort of scent that held to the truism that if you hate it, it has inccredible sillage and longevity.

Pomegranate soap.

It was almost a bit powdery when first applied and that almost had me liking it! But after about 15 minutes or so it's all pomegranate all the time, with just a bit of a soap-y feel, although that could be due entirely to this reminding mw of soap at a friends house she always had she we were younger.

YMMV on the soap front but if you love pomegranate stick it out for the not quite powdery scent on application. This is allllll pomegranate. Personally I need to go wash it off. ;( but I will pass my imp on!

I guess I forgot to review this, when I had it.

I had purchased it thinking I loved pomegranate, and maybe I did 10 years ago when I started collection. These days though, it turns straight to dust on my skin - really powdering, not fresh and tart at all. Makes me sad. Either way, this was a cool scent until my skin ruined it, and I was happy to pass it on to someone who will love it better!