Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Simply cool, the essence of Lounge: the scent of a crisp pomegranate martini.

i really liked this one in the imp and was excited to try it.

it's super strong when wet and i couldn't wait for dry down to see how it morphed. i had to wash it off. it reminded me of when i walk into bath & body works - the overwhelming fruity scent. i know it supposed to smell like pomegrante, but it was just berries all over my wrist and gave me a headache.

ADDED Nov. 22:

this was too strong and reminded me of something from bath & body works - instant headache

Bottle: Pom

Wet: Pom and booze

Drydown: There's a grape bubblegum-y note to this that I'm not thrilled with, but I like this all the same. Not bottle worthy, but a nice imp to have for summer!

3.0 outta 5

Imp: A crisp pomegranate scent. True pomegranate rather than a Rose's genadine scent.

Wet: This goes cranberry-esque on me. Weird, but... okay.

Dry: This goes kind of dusty on me. The pomegranate goes back to a pomegranate scent, but it's kind of earthy and half there half not there. I kind of like it because it seems like the most literal interpretation of the Persephone legend ever, but it's also just not a generally nice scent on my skin.

Throw: Average.

Overall: Eh. I bet it would be nice in the bath with some jojoba oil and a good book. I have other fruit scents that like my skin more.

Hm. I really like the pomegranate note in this one, which is super fresh and juicy, but I'm less enamored of the martini element - the alcoholic note seems very thin, watery, and astringent to me. I guess I just don't like gin!

I really like this one! It is very refreshing and to me not to strong. I used it in my bath. Lovely! I smelt strawberries. :P Will put this one on my list.

In the bottle: Pomegranate, spice, citrus, and light alcohol (vermouth/vodka).

Wet: A little boozier; more citrus.

Dry: A sugary note has emerged, but it's not cloying.

Summary: Vermouth, vodka, and citrus over masculine musk. Herbal notes and a hint of pomegranate. Great lasting power.

Need to retest to see if I want a bottle...I do love how refreshing and yet fruity and sexy it is.

Wet: powdered fruit punch Kool-Aid

Dry down: going even fruitier, there's some booze in there at the back.

Wearing: it took a couple of hours but the pomegranate is now fully formed.

This scent reminds me of children more than drinking at a swank club. It's not child-like, but it's something children would love the smell of.

At first it smells like a lime eraser I had when I was little. Then the lime fades away a bit, and what's left is this crisp tangy sparkling booziness. Very soft, very crisp, and just sweet enough to be very pretty.

In the imp: yup, that's pomegranate.

On me, wet: whoooooa, hello big bouncy pomegranate booze. It reminds me of this really sweet pomegranate wine my spouse bought once when I wasn't at the store and couldn't say no.

On me, dry: about the same as wet.

Throw and duration: very strong throw, and good duration (about 6 hours).

Overall: this is a big bucket of bouncy fruity fun. It doesn't smell dry at all on me, and is actually pretty sweet for just plain pomegranate. Doesn't remind me of a martini at all. (Admittedly, I've never had a pomegranate martini.) I like it and think it's a pretty fun scent, but it's the sort of smell that'll annoy me if I'm not in the mood to feel big and bouncy and fruity. Hanging on to the imp for now, in any case.

I smell like gin and candy!

The pomegranate is sweet and juicy-crisp but without being cloying AND it keeps the gin from getting too 'dirty' or boozy.. I love it. It doesn't morph much on me (it's a pretty simple scent so I didn't expect it to) and it's got a decent throw. Best of all? For a light scent my skin doesn't just eat through this scent. It actually lasts a good handful of hours (for a light scent on me, that is).

I feel very swanky.

This is the freshest, most delicious pomegranate scent I can imagine. There's a little tart snap during the first hour, but it sweetens up pretty quickly. It stays strong for hours, and a little bit goes a long way. I don't get a martini scent per se, but there's something in there that's making it smell...well, swanky. Lime, perhaps? Yum. It may be too strong for people who aren't crazy about fruity scents.

But on me this is 100% 5ml worthy!

Swank is all Pomegranate with maybe a small touch of vodka hidden deep down to add just a bit of pazzaz but what I love about Swank are the ideas it put in my head.

Its very much a summertime scent, and reminds me of hot days, cool clubs, slinky black dresses, and night time BBQs. Its refreshing and sexy.

I put this one several hours ago and its still going strong! Hands down a wonderful simple scent that I am going to e getting 5ml bottle of!

Hm...

In the imp, tangy pom and a spike of booze.

On: a little too sweet for me to wear on my skin, but this would be lovely in my diffuser. I love the shot of booze and the sharp pom. However as it dries, it becomes a more powdery fruity scent than sweet...and I like it. Oh, this is quite nice.

7/10. Needs further investigating.

i confess…i’ve never had a martini! that said, Swank smells to me like a fizzy and slightly lemony soda pop -- a Sprite or 7-Up perhaps. crisp, refreshing, tart, sweet. the subtle fruitiness of the pomegranate is a nice addition. light, cheery, bubbly.

:P I love pomegranate but Swank was so strong and plastickly sweet that I had to wash it off! My skin ampled the martini and I smelled like a AAA!!!

Oh, YUM.

This is fruity and sweet and WONDERFUL!!! I want to bathe in Swank.

(thank you to the marvelous strangemodegirl for allowing me to try this one!!)

I got this as a surprise scent, wasn't even on my wishlist and I've fallen in love.My favorite of all the imps I've tried so far. I cannot express just how much I love this scent! I'm definitely going to have to get a bottle of this.

One whiff and I can't help but feel more awake and happier. I don't smell anything "boozy" just crisp, wonderful pomegranate :P Plus, it lasts for hours :D I put it on 10 hours ago and its still there, faint but there. It definitely lasts!

Swank is pretty much precisely as advertised. It's light, sophisticated and faintly... pink. This reminds me of high fashion and the first flirty feelings of being drunk-- it's not outright boozy smelling, just reminiscent of a pleasant bar environment. It has only a subtle suggestion of alcohol and your imagination fills in the rest. I don't come in contact with pomegranates enough to remember whether this smells like them, but it's a decidedly attractive fruit note, and strikes me as quite natural. There's also a hint of apple, which I think provides the "crispness." This is definitely a social scent, one made for helping you feel confident and sexily serene. :P I'm so glad I ordered Swank; it's an excellent oil.

In the bottle- Berry fruitness and a tartness that could only be pomegrante.

On me- Boozy goodness. Lots of the citrus element, with the tart pomegrante taking a backseat. It sparkles like Twenty-one does. A hint of juniper is also in there, a little surprising given that I associate vodka with pom martinis. Super yummy and totally wearable. As it dries down the berry pomegrante comes back into play, which is still lovely, but not my favorite. I like this a lot better than most of the fruity scents that I've tried

I've decided that most berry scents remind me of junior high. They can be the most beautiful scents evers, and I still have an innate bias against them. While Swank is very nice and a fun summer scent, I think I'd rather be wearing Twenty-one. Keeping the imp though, one never knows when I decide to love berry/fruit scents again.

In The Bottle

Pomegranate with the coolness of evaporating alcohol.

On Application

As above

Dry Down

Starts really crisp and cool and then gets sweeter and sweeter as it dries down. Lovely.

Rating (0-5)

I can only wear this in my locket right now so I have no idea how it might morph on the skin. In my locket though it is super super juicy. Sweet and tangy at the same time. Not getting much of the booze, if at all. Just straight up juiciness.

Not sure if I would get a bottle (at least not until next summer), but I will certainly enjoy my imp. :P And since a litle seems to go a long way, I have a feeling this will last a while!

Edited by Femme_Fatale

Smells like Sweet Tarts. It was Sweet Tarty when I first applied it. Then it turned to Sweet Tarts and booze for about 20 mins. Then it was all Sweet Tarts again. The scent stuck around forever. Overall it was pretty good. Not something I'd wear all the time though.

This is pomegranate & lemon...with some fizz added in!! It's like a spritzer.

It's very very nice, and something that I adore...but..it's kind of verging on candle/air freshener. And some poeple may not like it (Screw them though hehe) It's got alot of throw but not much lasting power. It's one you need to keep applying all the time.

I think it's great...yum!!!

Fizzy fresh and something to wear when you feel a bit groggy!! Bottle has been bought.

Edited by ouch!