Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Lilithlefay

Milk Moon 2005

... Milk Moon is Flower Moon's warmer, gentler cousin; it is a scent that emulates the closeness of child and mother. In it, cream and warm honey soften our traditional blend of lunar oils.

In bottle: Very rich and creamy - almost like a cheesecake, but without the graham cracker crust. It's jam-packed with butter and milk and sweet honey.
On me: The mint other people mention appears on the skin. It doesn't really remind me of Spooky, though - Spooky's got a delicious mint macaroon flavor, while this is more of a light cream fragrance. The scent is very subtle, and is a good scent for 'naked skin.' Exciting it isn't; comforting it is.

~Milk Moon~

In the bottle

Heaven. Lightly milky, like some cookie bar or cereal bar treat I've bought at the store for the twins but can't remember what the product is.

On

Creamy, almost butterscotch-y. When you're baking and you have to use condensed milk or if you are caramelizing milk and sugar for a custard... that's what this smells like. There's a bright little note in there trying to get my attention,he smells citrussy maybe lemon but only a peep.

30 minutes

Coconut comes out as it dries which I could do without but it doesn't sully this blend as much as I would think.

Throw:

Not much.

Scent category:

Foody

Summary

Initially milky and lightly sweet like cooking custard.

Coconut comes in much more and a very light whiff of lemon.

People are right, Milk Moon goes really well with Flower moon when worn together.

If it didn't have coconut I'd give it a "4.5" instead of a "4".

Purchase again?

Yes! Why didn't I buy more than one bottle!?

1-5 rating (5 being best)

i got nervous reading the reviews for this when it said mint, i am not big on mint. then i opened the bottle....wow this is sweet caramel, milky goodness, soft, sweet, innocent.

wet ugh mint yes there it is, not as bad as some mints but why oh why couldn't it be the yumminess in the bottle.

dry....ahhhhh deep relaxing sigh. this is gorgeous, perfect. the mint faded very fast within minutes. i am left w/ innocence. it almost brings tears to my eyes. i nursed all my children, this is that closeness, that sweet smell a newborn has at 3 am when u are sitting there w/ moonlight flowing in and they have just drifted off to sleep after nursing, that sweet, brand new, milky breath. it kills me that i am done having babies, not because i want more kids so much as i miss those nightitme feedings when it was just me and the baby, a time when i would sit there and just be in awe of this little person who is looking at me as i provide the one thing they want and need. that bond, closness, love is encapsulated so well in this scent, and i literally want to be able to remeber every minute of them being so small, because they are growing so fast. beth thanks so much for this beautiful gift.

Milk Moon in the bottle smells like custard -- buttermilk custard with a touch of honey. :P

On me, I swear to goodness, there's coconut in the cream -- it's like coconut cream over a soft cucumbery-floral base (lunar oils, YAY!), with just a touch of something very perfumey on top.

Loooooovely, but so strong.

In the bottle: Cheese danish?????

Wet: Still cheese danish, where is the mint people are talking about?

Dry: OH NO! Cheese danish and Play Doh... :P

Sadly not for me :D

20 mins. later...AAAAACK!!!! HIVES!!!!!!!! :D

Edited by Nox Eterna

Wet: lightly buttery & lightly floral. :P I was sooooo hoping it'd be something like dragon's milk.

Dry: well, at least it's less buttery. And it does all blend well. But man do I not like the butteryness in anything I've sniffed yet.. SO dissappointed.

Milk Moon is the scent I expected Dana O'Shee to be. I once knew someone who had a standard offering to the fairies that consisted of cream and Irish whiskey -- this smells just like that, with honey added. I'm madly in love with Milk Moon and can't stop sniffing my wrists where I put it on.

I put on quite a bit, and admittedly I've only had it on, but it's not fading so far like I expected it to. The throw is also pretty good.

Mmmmmm.

Milk moon smells almost identical to Lait Sucre. I like it, but I dont LOVE it. I will test it a couple more times to see if I fall in love. :P

First Impression: Creamy, melt-in-your-mouth buttermint candies. :P

Second Impression: Sweetened condensed milk drizzled over peppermint candies. If there is honey in this bottle, then my skin doesn't know it. I *LOVE* this scent. I never thought I would. Spooky, Snow White, Alice and anything with honey just hates my skin. But Milk Moon just loves me! It has little throw and not the best staying power, but it's worth reapplying.

Final Analysis: Keeping it and am starting the search to find a body cream to layer perfectly with this.

Oooooooo I'm in love! Warm and buttery without being...well buttery. This is soothing and calming and very milky - much more so than Dana O'Shee which is another favorite. This is like Dana's laid back cousin. Reminiscent of warm, spiced milk there's a touch of sweetness to this that I'm adoring. This was almost minty underneath when I first applied, kind of like those butter mint candies, the lunar oils coming through I expect. Those have since faded and left me with a warm, strong but not overpowering, milky goodness. yum!

I got this one last week. And wen I opened it and sinffed it I was like something sweet and creamy, but totally different from Chaste Moon (which I love). I kept sniffing the bottle to see if I liked it and I really couldn't make up my mind. But I put it on that nigt because I was going out with friends. As it was wet I still wasn't sure if I liked it, but as it dryed it grew on me.

It wasn't all the way dry as I got into my friends car and the first thing she said to me was "Wow you smell goo what are you wearing?" And through out dinner she kept sniffing and nuzzling me. And she told our other friend to sniff me. So that night I was being stiffed by beautiful women. That's a plus.

But after it dried on me it was so nice and relaxing and as I was at work that night I cought wiffs of it on my and it would make me smile. I love this one.

First Sniff:

Have any of you ever been to a dairy? I mean an old school "re-enactment" not the dairies with big machines. It smells of full butter and milk and the lunar oil smell. Mm.

Wet:

...this just turned into sour milk on me. OMG.

Drydown:

No clue, have to wash it off.

Aftermath

Something in this just doesn't jive with my body chemistry and I'm SO SO SAD as the scent is beautiful in the bottle!

Rating (on skin): 5/5

Summarised in a word or two: Milk!

In the imp: Oh, this is love! Warm cream and sweet honey. :P

On skin, wet: Pure cream, with an undertone of honey and a slight, warm minty note. This is absolutely gorgeous.

On skin, dry: This dries down into a silky, minty, milky honey that lasts for hours.

Conclusion: I am officially in love. When I first tried this, I wasn't a mint fan at all, and was thankful I didn't notice any mint. Now, however, I adore mints, and oddly, I get a light minty-ness from MM now! Strange, but wonderful. And yes, Obatala is similar, but but exactly, and not close enough that I could ever give up either in favour of the other. (Both are mostly mily, but Obatala also has a coconut note that I don't get from MM, and MM has a mint that Obatala doesn't have.)

Edited by Aredhel

Wow... this smells amazing in the bottle. Rich, creamy and warm :P I couldn't help it - this is one to slather on... Oh hell yeah this is divine. Its just like it is in the bottle but better... I was afraid it was going to be like Chaste Moon (which hated me) but its not. I'm not getting any mint from it like others have mentioned, maybe a touch of caramel? Its so rich and warm and just yum, but at the same time there is something soft and comforting about it too. I'm in love... this is so beautiful. I need to hunt down another bottle!

I finally got this today, and slapped it one as soon as I got it out of the box.

It is decidedly smooth & creamy (and minty), and very much like Chaste Moon. I have to add that it reminds me here and there of The Star / Spooky as well, though it does have a decidedly different personality.

All in all- a nice, soft, scent, not too bold or heavy-perfect for this time of year.

Ooooooh, I am so in love!!! A wonderful, decadent, creamy, foody scent. It's super buttery at first sniff. After awhile, it smells like coconut, pineapple, lime, vanilla, with a milky/honey undertone. Oh joy, it's even better than I thought it would be! So glad I ordered 2 bottles!!

This is definitely my favorite moon!! :P :D :D

In the vial: rich, sweetened, condensed milk with a bit of honey and lemon zest

Wet, on my skin: Milk Moon definitely captures a comforting "closeness between mother and child" vibe. TMI alert: When I was breastfeeding my children I would frequently catch whiffs of something warm, creamy, sweet and milky--very similar to this. And then I realized it was ME! Scent of a mother and baby. :P I think those members who have breastfed will know EXACTLY the scent I'm talking about.

On drydown: The milky note has faded away and Milk Moon has morphed into a combination of Snow White and Spooky! The mint and lunar oils have taken over, and I'm catching a hint of the plastic-y smell of Snow White. Darn it! I guess I'll have to keep it for my oil burner, as it truly is a lovely, comforting scent.

In the bottle this smells like creamy buttery goodness, like sugar cookies almost. Mmm...

On my skin it goes from waffle cones (yay!) to plastic (boo!). Sadly, this one won't work with my skin chemistry. It's already on its way to a happy new home.

Will take offers.

:P The first thing I smell is sour milk.

On me: Sourish, when I can smell it at all.

Verdict: :D I wanted to like it so bad. I get no mint, no coconut, no love.

Oh wait! This means I got my very first order!!! :D

In the vial: rich, sweetened, condensed milk with a bit of honey and lemon zest

Wet, on my skin:  Milk Moon definitely captures a comforting "closeness between mother and child" vibe.  TMI alert: When I was breastfeeding my children I would frequently catch whiffs of something warm, creamy, sweet and milky--very similar to this.  And then I realized it was ME!  Scent of a mother and baby. :P  I think those members who have breastfed will know EXACTLY the scent I'm talking about.

I practically don't have to write a review, as Scylla said almost EXACTLY what I was thinking. Condensed milk mixed with my grandmother's secret ingredients for homemade ice cream, that warm and comforting lactation scent that can't be described but is instantly recognizable if you've ever smelled it, and coconut milk. Very good throw and staying power on me, which is an added perk.

My skin doesn't pull out the mint or usual lunar components at all, much like Chaste Moon. I like this even better than Chaste, though, and wish I'd bought more than one bottle so I'd have enough to make lotion for layering the scent. I'm not usually a foody-scent kind of girl, but as always, Beth's so brilliant and talented that her blends are an exception to the rule!

I love this so much and I am unsure how to describe it.

In the bottle, I smell mint and milk/vanilla. It's not foody and very light.

On my skin, the mint is rather faint and does little more than tone down the sweetness. A light floral note (kinda like lotus or orchid??) comes out. I really love this.

After an hour or so, it smells more milky and maybe a bit like coconut. It makes me think of the beach. Still a light floral underneath. The layers are complex.

Good thing I got two bottles. This will be soooooooo good as a lotion, shower gel, and/or shampoo.

In the bottle, this smelled buttery and creamy, with just a touch of vanilla and mint.

When I put it on, the throw is mostly butter, and quite strong at that. When I get close to my wrist where it was applied, I smell the mint more.

This reminds me of Spooky, in that it was all butter and mint before it (Spooky) turned into tanning lotion on me. So I'm a bit hesitant to give a thumbs up on Milk Moon. The jury's still out on this one. :P

This is so nice. I can really see the mention of mother and child, as this is a very comforting scent...Very similar to mexican style rice pudding, or warm milk. I smell coconut, vanilla, and cream. Its nice, but a bit too feminine for me. Im glad I got this for my sweetie though, and I hope it smells as good on her as it does me. If so, I might just get addicted to sniffing her. :P

In the bottle this smells just like Flan. I can smell the mint, and believe it or not I am not running to the bathroom to wipe it off. I am hoping it fades. This also reminds me of that Bath and Body lotion my mother in law wears. The name escapes me but this is very strong of vanilla to me. I may hold on to this bottle depending if the mint goes away soon. I can see where there might be a confusion with coconut...it does smell like a alcholic drink that has a splash of coconut rum.

I got my bottle last week and was thrilled when I sniffed it in the bottle. Milky and creamy, and vaguely reminded me of Dia de los Muertos (I love that for the "creamy" scent). So I was greatly looking forward to wearing something like this.

On application though, things got dicey. I quickly picked up a scent I could only describe as musky, but that didn't quite cover it.

Within ten minutes, I could only describe the smell on me as milk going bad, very quickly. I scrubbed it off as much as possible and left for work. Such a shame too, that I have to put the lovely into my trade/sell pile.