Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Northernminx

White Rabbit

Strong black tea and milk with white pepper, ginger, honey and vanilla, spilled over the crisp scent of clean linen.

My first imp spill :D and it's a shame too because this one smells really nice. Now it's everywhere and I can't get the smell out of my nose :P

Anyhow, it's not what I expected. This one smells "foody" to me, which I love. I smell vanilla and tea. I don't smell pepper at all, which for me is good. If you like the food smells, this ones for you :D

I received White Rabbit as a frimp with a previous order. I ignored it for a couple of days, because the description just didn't interest me at all. Then I did smell it, and nearly swooned! The combination of the lemon, honey, and tea is just sublime. I thought it was going to smell.... sticky, I guess. Or foody. Or something. But it's a clean clear bright smell. Wet, it reminds of being outside, somehow, drinking tea on a brisk spring morning when everything is sharper and clearer.

After a few hours this becomes more subtle and sexy - I think that's the honey. It really warms up on my skin - the honey and lemon smells very natural, like a skin smell, and the linen and tea come up more - keeping this bright and sparkly.

I ordered a 5ml of this and have worn it all summer.

Lemon, honey, and tea -- mostly tea on me with a bit of sweetness from the honey but the lemon is there. Not all all my usual thing -- incense blends are what I'm usually drawn to --but I'm on my second imp already. I'm loving this as a summer bedtime scent, it's a bit too perky for daytime wear for me but is perfect for relaxing/sleeping.

If the somnium imps in my next order don't suit, white rabbit will be a big bottle purchase. I don't smell it on me when I wake up, but it is still lightly present on my pillows. So I'm guessing moderate wear time, combined with a nice but not at all overwhelming throw.

I was so sure I was going to love this.......but I don't :P There's a distinct anise smell to it....I guess it's the pepper, but it smells like some kind of licorice to my nose....

After a while it fades somewhat, but it still lingers in the background......then the tea and milk come out......unsweetened tea with milk....no vanilla, no honey, no ginger......

Did I mention I do *not* like the smell of anise? I try to avoid it with a mad determination.

Was hoping for more sweetness......even the dryer sheets would've been nice....but my skin apparantly amps pepper and morphs it into anise....

Ah well.....I'll just send this rabbit hopping to someone who'll love it more than I can.

Edited by gaai

To me, White Rabbit's mostly vanilla, though coming out of the bottle there was also tea bags and milk (they smelt separate, as opposed to being milky tea). I got a random whiff of linens about an hour through wearing it, but then that kind of vanished...

It settled down to a very nice vanilla smell, kept from being too sweet by the other notes and also possibly my skin (which, in most of my testing so far, seems to have enjoyed making sweet notes go into stealth mode :P). It's definitely foody, but not so much that you smell like a cake, or as if you had an accident with a bottle of vanilla essence - which is good.

I think it lasted properly for about three or four hours, but it's still detectable now, much later.

On the whole, the Rabbit's not a scent that makes me want to sing my adoration from the mountaintops, but I definitely like it. :D

White Rabbit-

In Bottle: A lovely foodie smell. Milky?

Wet: Lime jumps out at me. Then it's gone, and there's a sweet powdery scent left.

Dry: Oh! It fades so quickly! It hasn't been five minutes and I'm sniffing and sniffing my wrists to see what's left. It's like it's acclimatizing right into my chemistry.--Later, it's still there, but very soft and light and powdery. I think I like how subtle this one is; good one to wear when I just want a hint of scent for myself.

Overall: I love it, but it fades so fast, drat!

If you read what is in White Rabbit - and sniff the imp - all of those notes come bouncing out - one by one.

I get spicey milk mostly - but I can get the rest of the notes pretty clearly.

I'm curious to see how this goes on my skin.

On the skin it's very creamy..milky...but not sour smelling like Milk Moon went on me.

As it starts to settle the white pepper and ginger come out a little more..

I don't really get the black tea, honey, vanilla or clean linen though...at least not right now.

After time, the black tea starts to make itself known in the background a little..but still no honey or vanilla or clean linen...

Either way - I really like this scent.

I must have it in a bottle!

Oh dear, it breaks my heart a bit to write this one. White Rabbit was the first imp I ordered when placing my very first BPAL order. I'm a huge fan of Alice in Wonderland, and when I wasn't keen on the currant scent behind the Cheshire Cat, I went with the scent representing my second-favorite character. However...

In the bottle: don't know what to make of it. I'm not getting the immediate tea scent I got with Dorian. It's just sort of a sweet, slightly gingery scent. Not what I was expecting.

Initial application: ew, what's that? Is that sour milk? WTF? I'm not getting vanilla, or linen, and even the slight ginger scent is gone.

Drydown: v. strange. Occasionally I do get a vanilla tea scent, lighter and less sweet than Dorian. Then the sour milk smell comes back, much to my dismay and disappointment.

I want to like this. I really, really want to like this, but it's not coming off well with me. Maybe my chemistry is off today, though I can't imagine why.

EDIT 2PM: a few hours later I reapplied, just to see if I get anything different. On one wrist I still get the sour milk smell, yet on the other I get a vague clean linen scent. Can't figure this one out at all.

Edited by porcelain72

sugared milky tears in my black tea. Interesting and complex but after wearing it three times, I can't really describe it well, it doesn't speak to me or ask me to wear it again. I tried layering it with other scents, to no avail. It seems like there should be something for me there, but no.

Something about these Tea Party scents, the ones I have tried all have an element of childhood, which makes sense. with the exception of the Caterpillar, which makes sense.

In the vial: Tea with Milk and Pepper.

Wet on the skin: Oh my god. This is amazing. The ginger pops forward immediately and blends with the milky black tea and pepper. The tea scent is very prominent on the skin. It is a warm and beautiful scent.

On drydown: I can smell the linen now and something almost lemony, how odd. The peppery spice is almost gone but the tea and milk is still there with a faint gingery background. This is a really complex scent and I am glad that I got this now.

In the bottle it's all milk and pepper. Lots of pepper. And it stays pretty true to that when I put it on as well. Milk and pepper with just a hint of the tea peeking through.

Now though I've had it on for about an hour. The pepper is still the strongest note but I can sniff out the tea, honey, and vanilla. The milk stays just under the surface and takes some of the edge off of the pepper.

It's nice but I don't know that it will be a favorite or a bottle that I'll reach for often. I was really hoping for more tea, milk, and honey. But the pepper just overpowers it all.

In the imp - Milk and honey with just a breath of citrus.

Wet on skin - Darker and softer than in the imp. Rich and warm with gentle spices.

Dry on skin - Much the same. This is a good thing.

Later - The tea is really coming through and and adding depth to this but it's still warm and gently spicy. Another definite keeper. Possibly even a find a bottle of ...

This scent is so funny! I went from not much caring for it to ordering a bottle. I just kept reaching for my imp until I realized how much I love it. The reason it took a while? I don't remember it very well. It's like a book that's amazing when you're reading it but when you put it down you can barely remember what it's about. I've worn it many times and it's one of my favorites, but it's hard for me to describe without wearing it. Ah, well, here goes:

In the imp, and wet, it's an odd little scent. There's a very strong tang that I think is the linen mixing with the other notes, and it smells like almost-sour spicy vanilla. (Okay, I cheated and sniffed my bottle.) It's almost off-putting to my nose, which is probably why I didn't like it much at first.

When I'm wearing it, though, it mellows quickly and sweetens, and no matter how often I wear it I can't keep my nose off my wrist. As best I recall, it's a gently sweet, subtly rich vanilla with maybe the pepper or the ginger grounding it.

Toward the end, it becomes a mild, nondescript vanilla, softly pleasant and unremarkable.

I love, love this scent. I am very, very picky about what ultimately becomes a bottle, and this bottle was a BPAL must-have for me.

Oh white Rabbit, why did you do this to me?

First imp I chose, First imp out of my first imp pack so many bpal packages ago. It smelled so good in the imp. Fresh linen, TEA and vanilla.

When I eagerly brushed it up against my skin? Plastic. Pure and Simple.

Bleh...

Over the many blends I've tried it's slowly coming down to perhaps that Linen note.

On a side note, the blend is very good as a room scent. Quite clean and fresh with a bit of spice.

Eek.....it's not often that a Bpal scent rubs me the wrong way...but when they do, they don't mess around!

I think the linen note in White Rabbit might also be in Dirty. Both go just wrong on me. White Rabbit starts out smelling okay, but...I could smell the 'Dirty' linen right away. Long story short, White Rabbit turns into latex on me. More specifically....open a fresh condom (not the flavored kind...just a plain one :P ). That's the smell I'm getting. I can pick out the tea, ginger, and maybe honey. But it's all combining to make an unpleasant latex smell on me. Obviously I'm not meant to wear Beth's linen blends....this one will be swapped or given away!

White Rabbit sounded divine. I've been searching for a fabulous tea scent for quite some time, one that I didn't need to spray myself down with my Philosophy single layering note to accomplish, plus the lemon, honey, and the crispness of linen just added to it all.

Unfortunetely, all it became on me was rancid, sour, powder linen-milk in an epic battle to the death with pepper.

Needless to say, I scrubbed this from my skin and admitted defeat from my broken imp.

This came with my first order from BPAL. I'm completely new to BPAL and wearing perfume/oil. I don't think I have the experience to pick out notes and write a nice review, but I'll give it a shot. I picked White Rabbit because I was interested in the combination of of individual notes and that it seemed to be a 'clean' scent.

In the imp, it smelled like milk and vanilla. Creamy and sweet. My SO said it smelled like 'Condom Candy'...a combination of cotton candy and a condom right out of the package. He's weird. :P

Immediately putting it on my skin, I could pick up some of the pepper scent mixing in with the milk and vanilla. It's not as sweet, but I don't mind. Over time, the clean linen smells comes the forefront and is all that is left before I can't detect it anymore.

Initially I was thinking about swapping it, but it is growing on me.

Edited by TrueStar

I was really hoping to like White Rabbit (and not just because I love Alice's Adventures in Wonderland).

But alas, I didn't. I smelled nothing but pepper. In the imp and on my skin. Nothing else - just pepper.

Thinking that maybe it was an off day, I decided to put it away and try it later. After three more tries, I concluded that White Rabbit and I just were not meant to be. I didn't smell any linen, honey, vanilla, ginger; no tea, no milk. Just pure white pepper.

So sad! :P

The pepper and linen are definitely the strong notes on my skin here. At first sniff on my skin, I thought I was sniffing hot sauce, it was literally the same type of sensation. My eyes even got a little watery.

After it dried, the scent was much more pleasing, sorta musky.

Generally I like it.

Bottle: honey, vanilla, and milk

Wet: I can really catch the citrus-y linen, now, dominating. no other notes are playing, yet.

Dry: a hint of the tea, but mostly vanilla and linen on me.

Later: The vanilla didn't get all morphed and amped this time, which was nice, but (as I've noticed with many of the other Mad Tea Party scents I've tried) it's short-lived. This is the kids', I'm just reviewing it - and actually it's now Emma's imp, as she (grumpy and off her meds) grudgingly admitted she likes it, and Colin had a definite NO reaction to it.

White Rabbit:

In the vial:milk, honey, ginger and vanilla

On me... plastic milk and honey

Heh, dunno which note is screwy but somethin's off. :P

Edited by Shollin

It's an odd smell, that's for sure, even in the bottle! I can catch the acrid, tangy draft of tea leaves, the dusty slap of pepper, and the woozy throb of honey, plus a slick, clean scent that must be the linen.

On, it's so masculine! Yet so polite! I like it, it's rich and creamy-dreamy with the milk and tea, the honey gives it a gluey sweetness that is being firmly sat on by the pepper and the astringent tea. I'm not getting much ginger, sadly. It's the linen note in this I don't quite like, I think. It's interesting, and I can see it really, really working on a refined sort of fellow, but on me it just seems . . . off.

And then there's the fact that while I like the scent, the combination of honey with something else in the blend is really starting to smell like latex gloves. I'm a perv, so I think that's kind of sexy, but there's definitely a rubbery scent here. Honey does that on me sometimes, depends on what it's mixed with. It did it in O, and it did it in Spanked.

It ages to nothing special on me – mostly dusty linen. Unfortunate, given that it had real promise at first. I'm positive that on the right person this one would be great – it's incredibly well-constructed, it's just not for me.

On wet, it's overwhelming cream and pepper to me. Like a warm washcloth soaked in peppery milk. Lol.

A half hour in and it smells clean and dry and still the sharp pepper. I love this stage.

A few hours in and it's soft and a little powdery -- kind of plush -- and the peppery smelll is diminishing.

5 hours and all I smell is sweet powder.

OK, this is my first review and I had to post because today I made my friend smell my wrist. My 5 mL of this stuff is running out and I was sad and wanted her to get a good whiff of it. :P She said, "Wow. I've never smelled a perfume like that before. It smells like, like nature. Like you went on a walk and came back smelling like Outside." I thought that was a delightful way to think about it and wanted to share it here.

Edited by zhanna

Upon immediate application, my wrist does smell like tea. Honeyed, spiced tea. I feel like I ought to be curled up under a blanket while my friend the tea gourmet presses a fresh cup into my hands.

Unfortunately, the lovely honey scent seems to be going a bit sour soon after it arrives -- or perhaps it’s just that the tea scent has faded, leaving the scent a bit unbalanced toward the honey side, and the honey is taking over.

This scent lasted for a long time, but it seemed more and more unpleasant as it progressed. It doesn’t do it for me at all.