Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Northernminx

White Rabbit

Strong black tea and milk with white pepper, ginger, honey and vanilla, spilled over the crisp scent of clean linen.

In the bottle:

Pepper, honey, vanilla, linen... not really the greatest combination, particularly with the linen.

Wet:

The pepper is still a little bit strange, and I don't think I like the linen (it's making this very acrid and plastic somehow), but it's better than in the bottle. The ginger is coming out a bit.

Dry down:

The linen and pepper have toned down and this is MUCH more wearable. Linen, pepper, ginger, honey and vanilla... but no tea :P

Final thoughts:

I'm a ginger fan, so this is definitely okay, and I like it a lot more than I did originally. Having said this, though, I must admit that I would like it a MILLION times better if the black tea came out even a little bit. Oh well. Damn chemistry.

ETA description.

Edited by outofrhyme

In the vial: White flowers, salt, tears, pepper.

Wet: roses, cream, pepper, salt.

This becomes amorphous on me. I thought it would be amazing but GAH, a trouble I've been having with many scents lately; this goes to bland clay within half an hour.

Got a sniffie of this from artofsuicide, managed to weasel enough out of it to try. :P

In the imp: nice, but what IS it? I don't know. I like it.

Wet/early drydown: Lovely clean sweetness, all linen and vanilla and tea. (I think.) Whatever it is, it's gorgeous and I want want want it. Instant bottle buy at this point.

Late drydown: O HAY POWDER. It's a weird sort of sterile, artificial, powdery... thing. And I mourn for White Rabbit :D WOE.

This scent is one of my top three favorites so far. In the imp, I get mostly milk and tea. Reminiscent of good Indian masala chai, the real stuff.

On my skin, the linen comes out, and a touch of sweetness, maybe the honey?

This is probably the only scent I could wear on my clinical rotations. Light, clean, and soothing. I can't wait for my 5mL to arrive!

Honey almost never works on me but I thought the tea and vanilla would just end up being gorgeous and the dreaded honey would take back seat.

In the bottle, I smell something really sweet. Too sweet. But I give it a try anyway.

Ick! Fresh baby vomit is all I get and it's on my arm and it won't come off! This is definitely not me. *shudders*

I tried this a year ago, disliked it, and then looked at the description again and thought, "how did I not love this"... so I gave it another try.

Initial: Honeycomb. Not just honey, somehow- my brain automatically goes to honeycomb, like those chunks of comb that come in a jar at the farmer's market. And that's it- just honeycomb, nothing else.

Then: Honey honey honey and a slight hint of... anise? That can't be right. Must be the pepper and ginger playing tricks on me.

A few minutes: Oh thank god, the honey is chilling out to let the milk and clean linen in a bit. I think I may have overreacted to the HONEY intro the first time and given up too fast.

Basically, this is a more gentile Sudha Segara, without the astringent ginger note and with a 'clean' undertone. Still no tea that I can smell, but eh. I like this enough to hang onto the imp this time around, but it's definately a cool-weather scent; strong honey plus summer heat makes me feel sticky and unshowered...

I think this would layer excellently with Dorian, btw.

Very Earl Grey black tea with lemon—strongly so. With some ginger hints in there as well.

And then on dry down it ends up smelling baby-diaperish mixed with that tea scent. I believe it’s the milk doing this to me. am i the only person this seems to not work on? :P so many people seem to have had good experiences with the White Rabbit and yet he just doesn't like me on drydown. and I had such high hopes for him....

Rating: 2/5

Throw: light

Edited by Lunaratu

In the bottle:

Initially, it smells like black tea and then the ginger hits. This smells like a particular type of ginger biscuit I adored as a teenager- yum!

On skin wet:

It smells like honey tea, with a hint of something that I'm guessing is the linen.

Dried down:

It's honey... But with a large dose of soap. Honey soap. Oh dear.

The surprise hit of my last order, considering it was a last minute addition. Soft, sweet and smooth vanilla and honey tea with just a little ginger. I don't get the linen which for me is a good thing. Actually it reminds me a bit of Dorian, just with honey and spice instead of lemon. It has quite good throw and has average last, and I think it would be a perfect spring scent. There's something about it that suggests sunshine and the slightest of cool breezes to me.

Possible bottle.

Initial Impression: Tea, milk, and ginger. Yummy!

On Wet: The ginger really comes out now, but I still smell the tea. I also smell a creamy sweetness and a hint of clean sheets.

On Dry: The tea fades and the ginger amps. I love ginger, so this is good. There's still that wonderful creamy sweetness and the scent of clean sheets.

Final Impression: This, to me, is a very comforting scent. The tea, the sweet milk, the clean sheets, and the ginger are all very home-y and soothing scents. I really love this!

Rating (on a scale of 1 to 5): I gave this a 4.5. I really love this scent and will definitely purchase a 5ml.

Well, after 14 pages, what can you say? Just wanted to chime in my great love for this stellar scent. The strong black tea and fresh linen burst like Christmas Day from my skin, and the ginger, pepper and honey all combine to bring me this wonderful biscuit-y flavor, so when I wear this, it's totally high tea all day :P I'll cuddle this rabbit as long as he lets me.

white rabbit almost seems to have a licorice scent to it. a bit spicy with all the sweet.

what immediately conjures up in my mind is Andre's, this Swiss tea room and bakery. they have lunches and pastries and cakes, but specialize in marzipan and gingerbread during Christmas. it's foody yet proper.

i get white flowers, maybe a wisp of ginger, I think honey making everything sweet, and the linen must be the soapy (in a good way) smell that keeps it from being cloying..i don't get any tea at all, unless maybe it is honey chamomile tea....I was hoping for something that smelled a little, erm, tea-ier, if you know what I mean, but it certainly is pretty. I might keep or might give to the niece-y, who is pining for the Mad Tea Party fragrances...

ADDED June 14:

in the imp and my locket: nestea ice tea, lemon flavored--sweet, zingy, mellow + some kind of flowery tinge

On my skin: the same, but a bit soapy and it goes away instantly.

It's pretty, but I don't know that it will get much use from me...it seems a bit too...innocent on me, maybe--I think i like warmer, muskier, earthier smells. Also, this (and Alice and Aglaea) have this weird quality where I can almost taste them in the back of my mouth...not in a good way, like an inky paper way....

Edited by Shollin
Merged followup review

In the imp: Peppered honey-vanilla. Hey, is somebody making chai?

Wet: This is crazy. CRAZY. Where is my nose getting clover?

Drydown: What a funny morpher this bunny is! I get a "clover" stage for the first bit (I'm suspecting this is the combined influence of the honey and vanilla) that makes me think of lawns and grass; then the clean linen really settles in and stays there, close to my skin and cozy. For me, this is a fantastic comfort scent -- ironic, considering how neurotic the titular Rabbit was!

Wet: lemon. Must be the ginger, as BPAL ginger normally smells just sour to me.

After a few minutes: I don't have enough imagination to visualise the linen, but yes, there is vanilla/cream, something very fresh, and ginger. No tea. It is a very original scent, something fresh and good for the summer, and complex at the same time.

I'm having some trouble picking individual notes out here, so I'll go for impressions instead.

In the vial, this smells "perfumey" and very penetrating. On skin, it thankfully loses that penetrative quality and goes to a light, fresh scent with very little throw. I can't smell the vanilla at all - if anything, this is like a less fruity version of Xanthe. That must be the white pepper. I can smell the linen too.

The overall impression is of a guest room: clean and fresh, but with little personality and no frills.

As a scent goes, it's not really me, but it would be nice as a fresh room scent.

I've had this on my want list for ages, and scored a frimp of it from a lovely seller. All excited, all those notes sound so gorgeous on paper. Alas...

Wet: Lemon. Obnoxious lemon. No lemon IN the blend, but my skin doesn't seem to care.

Drydown: I can just detect that tea note fighting for air, but the all-powerful lemon is just killing it.

After a little while, White Rabbit finally recovers enough to tease me with something else, but it's fading from my wrist so fast I'm not sure that I'm not simply willing myself to smell those milk/honey/linen notes I was so keen for. It's the ghost of other notes, but the lemon keeps on waving at me.

So sadly, my skin does this blend no favours.

Wet: Lemons. Crap, citrus doesn't work with me. Hope this doesn't stick.

Dry: Phew, it didn't. There's a bit of peppery lemon (I guess that's the black tea) but it's not dominating. I get a little bit of vanilla but the rest of it smells waxy, not linen-ish. It's complex but really not that great on my skin.

I'd like it as a room scent or candle but that's it.

Once applied on skin it's like the notes take turns at first, introducing themselves; lemony ginger, and yes, there's the tea - crispy clean linen, milk, honey. I don't really get the pepper. The clean linen note is really strong for a while but soon fades a bit to blend with the milk. The honey sweetens the whole thing up after a while and the ginger fades.

White Rabbit is clean and milky but still quite warm. To me, the perfect day to wear this scent would be a rainy summer day with the sun peaking through every now and then. Clean and cozy at the same time. I think I love this.

:P

Edited by Maia

In the imp:

Tea and linens, a completely heavenly smell! I absolutely adore it.

On:

Oh dear. The pepper has really overcome everything else. But after about fifteen minutes it calms down into a slightly powdery smell. My mother says it smells like baby powder, but I can still smell a bit of the tea.

After a while:

It doesn't change at all for a few hours. It's still slightly powdery and peppery with a slight undertone of tea. It's nice, but I'll probably end up swapping it.

Slightly stronger and a little bit spicer/heavier than the scents I have tried so far, but it really suits my mood for the day -- racing around, doing a hundred things at once. I probably wouldn't wear it to work or on a day when I am just sitting in the one place for ages (eg when I'm studying), but it is perfect for a hectic day, in my opinion. The slightly heavy/musky undertones make me think of ginger or pepper in a hot milky tea.

This is one of the first of the Mad Tea Party scents I've tried. Being a great lover of tea and honey notes I thought I'd start with the rabbit. :P

In the vial - Sharp, fresh and clean. There's an almost lemony note which I wasn't expecting. Bergamot, perhaps, to go with the earl grey tea?

Wet on the skin - BPAL's milk notes often have a faintly metallic note on my skin, but it's not overwhelming. The faint spice of ginger and pepper lends a roundness to the scent that keeps it from being harsh.

Dry down - A few minutes into wear the pepper note becomes apaprent, but it's almost elusive, just clinging very faintly to the edges of the scent . It've very, very English - the scent of an old-fashioned gentleman from a sleepy village where cricket is still played on the village green and everything stops for afternoon tea at four pm.

I love this scent. It's summery and gentle, and perfect for a warm afternoon. My only criticism is that it's throw is incredibly light and fades quickly. I may try wearig it in a locket to see if I can increase its staying power.

White Rabbit

pale yellow oil

Imp: Sweet like O, but with a more airy feel.

Skin: The honey comes forward the most, with the black tea in the back. I can also smell a trace of pepper in it, but not the ginger.

This is very sweet on me, it reminds me of O a lot. The honey is so similar.

I hoped it would smell like chai but it didnt....The clean linen scent comes out and sits with the tea in the background after 15minutes or so, than slowly creeps forward to join the honey, un-gourmanding the scent so its half-yummy and half-clean.

As it dries down the scent becomes fainter, and I am left with a very soft sweet honey floral which I can't smell unless I poke my nose at it.

White rabbit doesn't stay long, he runs away quickly!

In the imp:

Citrus and florals. Huh?

Wet:

Still smells like citrus and florals. Very light florals, with something sharp and lemony. That's odd... the notes in this aren't supposed to be lemony OR floral, are they? Okay, it's faded down to something sweet and fresh. I can definitely smell a hint of cream and a hint of fresh linens.

Dry:

Hmmm, today must be a weird body chemistry day, or else my skin totally eats up anything even remotely creamlike. I'll have to try this one another time, because all I am smelling right now is florals.

I get the tea and honey mostly with this one, sometimes pepper. I reallly like it. My guy said I smelled really good and I had not alerted him that I was going to be getting any perfume (so I wasnt fishing for compliments! :P ) Its a nice warm scent but I'm perfectly happy with it in the summer. Its light enough for warm weather, I prefer fuller bodied scents for the fall and winter.

I ordered a whole bottle yesterday : )