Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Northernminx

White Rabbit

Strong black tea and milk with white pepper, ginger, honey and vanilla, spilled over the crisp scent of clean linen.

I mainly get linen and and milk from this with a sharp tea and lemony ginger bite and a drizzle of sweet honey. As nice as this sounds this just doesn't smell like how I'd like to smell even though I thought from the notes it could become one of my favorite light scents. It's one of those scents that seems to just sit on top of my skin instead of blend with it and it's just 'not me' although I can imagine it smelling lovely and comforting on someone else. Edited by Shollin

In the Imp (wet): The crispness of the white pepper tames the sweetness of vanilla, but it's a really nice soft scent.

On facial cotton (dry): There's only the slightest hint of ginger, which keeps this scent interesting. Very crisp and fresh, which I definitely like.

On me: I amp the pepper, which is not a bad thing. The honey and vanilla keep any sharpness in check. The vanilla is not as strong as the Mouse's Long Sad Tale, but still very much there. And the fresh towels, still warm from the press is comforting.

I have been curious (er and curiouser) about this one for a while but the number of times it's popped up in the Least Favorite Scents thread, etc. had me a little scared.

Well. This smells exactly like Milk Moon '07 on me (as it has on others, I see, with some relief!). And I'm one of those weirdos who likes that one. It's all tart, sour candy with a bit of honey and milk to sweeten things up. And, like MM '07, it's got quite the throw. I don't think I'll need more of this but I'm glad to know that I don't need to fear it anymore.

From all the great reivews I thought I'd love White Rabbit. Wrong! It smells SOUR. I don't think it's the milk either, milk notes are usually fine on me. Powdery, weird, nose wrinkling, nails on a blackboard WRONG.

Edited by AmandaKay

In the Vial:

Hmm, interesting this one. Sweet, that's for sure. Couldn't really pick anything out though.

Wet:

A bit sweeter. I still wasn't sure what the sweet smell was. After reading the description I realized it was most likely the tea and something I can't pick out. Very "baby powder" & fresh diapers (if that makes sense). I guess that's the clean linen.

Dry: All I get now is vanilla and clean linen. Maybe a bit of tea but then, I may just be hopeful. :P

Later: Now it's almost all vanilla. I get a bit of tea and bitterness but nothing powerful enough to balance out the all-powerful vanilla.

So my 'final verdict' isn't a great one. This was a sample so I didn't lose out really and I won't be buying a full bottle. It's nice if you want something this sweet but I don't heh.

I have owned my bottle of White Rabbit since I first got into BPAL, I think it was perhaps my third bottle purchase or something like that... anyway, in my quest to review everything I've tried, I've got to say that this is one of my favorite tea blends ever. It starts out with milk, linen and pepper in the forefront- a very creamy white with a hint of spice. As it dries the tea comes out and is followed by the vanilla, honey and ginger which really enhance the pepperiness of the blend. I don't get a lot of vanilla in this one, and it's definitely not a hevay foody blend, even though it is reminiscent of a beverage. It does not have a lot of throw- it's more of a comforting skin scent that lasts on me for a pretty long time.

As a quick note- I have found that this blend takes on some very 'chai' like qualities as it ages. My over two year old bottle smells a bit more like lightly sweetened chai than the more crisp, light peppery tea with milk it was when I first got it. Both are lovely, and this blend is definitely a BPAL classic to be adored.

:P

Edited by euterpe414

This is a really strong black tea with a touch of honey when I first put it on (I thought I smelled something milky, and that note may be there, but it is very light on me). It definitely reminds me of the tea shop down the street. Unfortunately, the honey and milk do come out later, and those notes don't work very well on me. This now reminds me of the spicy tea nuggets that they sell and the sweetness is something that I don't find that appealing. There might be a bit of vanilla cream here as well. In fact, this smells exactly like the spicy tea nuggets! Are we sure there's no anise here?? :P (perhaps it's the ginger or pepper?)

This scent is spot-on evocative and very well done. I wish I liked the particular smell just a little bit more. :D

Another recommendation for my first order.

Imp: Perfume? Maybe that's the clean linen. Something a touch sweet.

Wet: Floral? What on earth? There's no jasmine in this.

Dry: I think I still smell the clean linen mostly, with a hint of the spices there.

When I sniffed it at Will Call, the (presumably) aged bottle smelled different - more spicy I think - so maybe I just need to let this one age a bit.

I really wanted to love "White Rabbit", but alas, it does not work on me at all. When I opened the imp, I loved the fragrance in th bottle. It was quite complex, so creamy and clean, and I loved the edge of the pepper. But on my skin, all I got was a creamy perfume that I didnt like. None of the pepper or tea came out as I had hoped. :P I personally wont be getting anymore, but if it can smell on some as it smells in the bottle, then it would be an amazing wear.

The White Rabbit smells of tea and linen and some pepper to me. It's very pleasant. I'm going to have to hold onto this until spring and see how I like it then--it's too out-of-season for me to wear this right now. But i'll certainly come back to it.

Hmm, first whiff registers as licorice. Doesn't smell like any one kind of black tea, but maybe the general aroma of a well-stocked tea cabinet. Okay, it's a bit creamier now--I'm not sure the dairy notes agree with me, based on my few encounters. Impressive, though, I think I'm getting a hint of butter--warm buttered scones, perhaps. Mmmm. :P The final drydown is linen, I think, another note I haven't tried much.

It's a nice scent, but not really thrilling me. I'll see if it grows on me with further wear or aging.

Meanwhile I totally want a pot of tea and some scones and jam and clotted cream. Where's that scone mix?...

Lab frimp, fom my wishlist!

This is interesting but different than I imagined. After previous bad experiences with milk or cream and honey notes I was suspicious of this. However, the milk note behaves and this is a lot better than Milk Moon, at least there are no fruit.

I dabbed some on my skin and on a bit of cotton wool to see what difference my chemistry makes.

On the cotton wool I get a lot of the "clean linen" part and the blend is more subtle, less sweet and a bit more peppery.

My skin amps the sweet honey note and the milk is a bit more creamy but thankfully no rotten milk. The sweetness drowns out the clean linen thing. On the whole I was hoping for more tea, pepper and ginger and less sweetness. Considering that I normally hate sweet scents this is a pleasant exception.

I first tried White Rabbit a few months ago, at which time the linen stood out way more than I expected and the whole scent seemed to be very faint and watery. With that said, I don't know if it's aging, a change in skin chemistry, a more trained nose, or a mix of all of those, but I'm wearing White Rabbit again now and it seems to have really blossomed. In the imp I still get that crisp bite of freshly washed cloth, but once on my skin it's as if the volume has been turned up on all of the notes. There's a base of freshly brewed black tea with smooth milk and honey swirling in it, and a dash of pepper that sneaks in and tickles your nose. I can sort of 'feel' the ginger, even if I can't smell it directly, and I know the vanilla is there as well, adding a tiny drop of sweetness.

White Rabbit is so much lighter than other creamy scents I've tried, there's a very airy and carefree quality to it that's quite delightful. It's also one of those blends that makes the scent-to-image connection so easily, tea spilled over linen indeed! I can just imagine wearing this in the spring while going on a picnic or doing some other cozy outdoors activity, I sure better have a bottle by then. :P

Mmmmm, I smell edible.. and it is nice! I get tea.. but not overpoweringly so. The ginger and pepper hang around strongly enough to keep things interesting while the honey, vanilla and linen make this really pretty. It has a perfumeyness to it, which I usually don't care for in my BPAL, but in this blend it is just such a unique combination to my nose. This is comforting and uplifting.. this would be lovely in the spring or summer.. Occasionally blends kind of.. run together to my nose.. they sometimes have very familiar feels or notes and kinda get blurry to me.. White Rabbit is so.. stand alone.. It could be a cousin to say maybe.. Dana O Shee.. but even then they would be like.. second cousins once removed. This is foody without being sickening, clean without being dull.. I would chase a white rabbit to if it smelled like this. :P

Tea and honey over linen. White Rabbit is a comforting, beautiful scent with incredible throw that lasts and lasts. It puts me in the mood for Spring. It's also one of those scents that make you wonder what smells so good, only to realize that it's you. Rabbit is a "classy" scent that can be worn anywhere. I like to wear it when I feel studious; for some reason, it helps me concentrate. It's definitely one of my faves.

5/5

In the bottle: Black tea with honey.

On: I get honey and lemon up front, with a nice tea undernote. And it stays like that until I wash it off.

Verdict: This is a beautiful, comforting scent. Lemon tends to go all industrial strength cleaner on me, but this one is absolute love.

ETA: I just saw that there are no lemon notes in this...hmmm

Edited by DogNPonyShow

In the bottle: honey and pepper. I've never tried anything with pepper before.

Wet: Wow, this smells exactly like tea. I shouldn't be surprised, because it's SUPPOSED to smell like tea.

Dry: Still tea, the pepper is barely there, and I can pick up a little bit of the ginger now.

I like this quite a bit, but I'll have to wear it a few times before I decide if I want a bottle or not. I'll certainly enjoy my imp.

Wet: Peppery. I've never tried anything with pepper, but that is definitely it. huh.

Dry: Tea! I get a creamy, honey-sweet tea scent. It reminds me a bit of Dorian, but less musky.

After a while, the milk and honey goes away and I'm left with a nice clean tea scent.

I didn't think it was anything special at first, but this is definitely growing on me.

My first review! (Like this one needs any more reviews, but hey.)

It's a very light, pleasant smell; in the imp it smells a lot of the tea, ginger, pepper, and honey, but immediately on my skin it turns really sweet. Fades a bit quickly... I have to practically press my face against my wrist to smell it. Before it faded I caught a lot of the pepper and tea, but the tea went quick. Turned into a baby-powdery smell after a while. Very nice, I like it despite the baby-powder (I assume this is the "fresh linen" smell). After a few hours it has become a vanilla/peppery baby-powder smell, it's still sweet (probably the honey) and it reminds me of a little girl with blond locks and a pink dress. No tea or milk, though. I was really looking forward to the tea note, but its nowhere to be found on me. Still, a very pleasant smell. I can see me wearing this when I'm down in the dumps, or feeling girly, but not every day.

Imp: Red Rose tea with lemon and honey. I'm cautious, but scents often come around from the imp on my skin, so here's hoping!

Wet: Wrong. The cream scent comes out full force and then is curdled heavily by the lemon. It's an unfortunate drydown.

Dry: I'm disappointed because this was one of the scents I was most excited about in my order. I think there's something about the lab's tea scents that doesn't agree with my skin because this has what I imagine civet smells like on people whose chemistry doesn't agree with it. There is a definite cat urine scent to this on drydown, tempered by lemon air freshener.

Throw: Very strong for the first thirty minutes and then it disappears. I can't say I'm upset about it.

Conclusion: My body strongly thinks that tea is for drinking, not wearing. It's too bad but I'm glad that I exercised restraint in my order and didn't order 5 ml of this unsniffed.

As usual, I amp the vanilla. From the description you'd think it'd be chai-like, but it's not. It reminds me of the way my cats smell when they've managed to sneak outside--that clean fur smell, somehow. It's delicious. I love the black tea with milk BPAL note, I'm finding. I already knew I loved the honey note. And the clean linen smell, which usually makes everything smell "perfumy," here is what turns the whole thing into delicious clean cat drinking sweet milky tea. Weird description, I know, but I love it. I think I'm one of those foodie people...

Wet: Wow...I'm definitely getting the black tea and pepper.

Dry down: Oh wow. the ginger is making a cameo now. This is a major morpher on me.

Dry: Hmmm...this one is now all tea and sweet ginger. It's pretty darn yummy!

7 out of 10

Yay! This is my very first BPAL test and my very first scent review. I do hope I do a good job. I picked this one first to try because I adore Alice in wonderland and just couldn't resist. I also own a white rabbit :P

In the imp: Sharp! A good strong tea with the zing of pepper, interesting but not something I am sure I want to smell like. I am sure during the actual application it will be better.

Initial application: Strong tea, pepper and a little ginger. As it dries down I am getting the honey undertones. It went through a very brief chemical cleaner smell but it went away quickly.

After a few hours: Sweet, but not overpoweringly so. Like a soft honey cream with tea. At this point the pepper is something I can't detect. I get the vanilla and linen on occasion.

Overall I like this the longer I wear it and the more I smell it. Its different but soft without being uber girly. The throw is minimal so you don't smell me coming from a mile away which makes me happy. Usually when I am at a show or gallery people have to lean in because of the noise and I don't want to choke them to death. I may have to put this on the bottles to pick up when I have money list.

I pictured White Rabbit entirely different from how it actually smells. Primarily warm honey with light touches of milk and loose tea, I also get notes of tart fruit and soft florals. This reminds me very much of Elegant Gothic Lolita from Fyrinnae's sadly discontinued fragrance line. It doesn't have the same initial notes, and the dry-down is different, but the honey-rich hearts could be twins if not for White Rabbit's soft tea note. I highly recommend this scent to anyone who wants something similar to EGL. As WR winds down and begins to fade away, the honey and sweetness fades, leaving only warm milk, tea, and linen... the scents of a tea party. I wish it lasted a bit longer, as I only get 6 hours of wear from it.