Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Northernminx

White Rabbit

Strong black tea and milk with white pepper, ginger, honey and vanilla, spilled over the crisp scent of clean linen.

An imp my sister rejected and I happily adopted :D

In the imp this smells like sharp tea. On my skin while wet, still smelled like sharp tea, but could pick out subtle ginger and a pinch of pepper. As this dried, it got creamy and could smell honey. Completely dry this got very creamy with a more pronounced honey note. The black tea was still there just kind of hanging back. This blend is very true to its description. I love it!

I can see a bottle of White Rabbit coming to me in the near future :P

Bottle: Green and fresh. I get a sweet smell with a tinge of citrus and a bit of cut grass.

On, wet: same as in bottle, but much fainter than I expected.

Drying: Earl Grey? And something floral, or maybe that's what clean linen smells like. I think I'm getting some ginger, too, that sorta lemony citrus smell that ginger has. It's getting to smell a lot like tea, actually. As it dries, I get more pepper (but its nice, not overpowering). Tea with a kick (but no, its not chai, like I hoped). Floral clean tea with a ginger pepper kick. No milk, honey or vanilla yet.

After 1 hour: Oh, THERE'S the honey,a nd just a hint of vanilla. Sweet and syrupy. These are overtop the clean linen and tea. Sweet and Pretty. But it's not something I'd need to live.

2 hours: sweet honey, tinge of pepper/spice and a little vanilla. The linen is far in the back, and I don't smell tea anymore. Pretty. Similar in feel to tzadikim nistarim, but, but with honey as the sweetness, instead of fruity.

Lasts a while 6ish hours? It settles into a vaguely sweet nice smell.

Overall: I like this, but it reminds me of O, golden priapus and tzadikim--all of which I like a bit better, so I don't think I need this one. Last night, a friend and I had a meeting wherein massive amounts of tea/lush were swapped, and I gave her White Rabbit as well, I hope she enjoys it!

I get almost nothing but pure honey out of this one. There is a leeeetle bit of tea at the very begining, and possibly some ginger which my nose interprets as a citrusy note.

And then the honey. A pure honey that gets stronger as the tea and ginger fades out completely. At one point, the honey is so strong that it develops this almost gardenia-like note that reminds me of Honey Moon, and with significant throw. This is perhaps my least favorite part of the dry-down, but I can't say that it was unpleasant, just unexpected. I guess my skin just amps the heck out of honey!

A few hours later, the scent is softer and closer to the skin, the honey picking up a little vanilla.

I don't think I would get a bottle of this, but I will enjoy my imp. :P

This scent's interesting - at first I smelled grass & powder out of the bottle. As I wore it the grass/powder mix turned into a soft suggestion of what my husband would call Kleenex & spun sugar. Some brands of Kleenex have a bit of fragrance that resembles linen sheets - White Rabbit is close to that.

Then I thought: Kleenex, paper, clean paper with spun sugar - where did I smell that? Wait, that's cotton candy - Real Cotton Candy! When your right next to cotton candy you barely smell a thing until you take a big whiff while it's being made. White Rabbit had that impression on me. The dryout is nice - powdery soft & fades into nothing after the party's over. It's pleasant, it's a keeper. :P

This was one of the first six BPALS I tried, and I love it. Probably my favorite out of the group, which was comprised of mostly foody/sweet scents.

Wet, it smelled almost entirely of milky black tea to me, which was very very nice.

During drydown, I began picking up wafts of the linen and ginger, and a most pleasing little touch of lemony goodness here and there. I never really smelled any pepper, but maybe it's contributing to the very mild spice note in this scent.

Completely dry, it's milky soft tea with a little touch of lemon and spice every now and again.

On my ever growing big bottle list! I'm glad BPAL is relatively inexpensive, or I'd be in the poorhouse already. I'm used to paying the big bucks for chemical-y perfume that doesn't smell as nice or go as far as BPAL; I'm in heaven since I discovered it. White Rabbit is da shizznit, and I need more. :P

Edited to add: Something very odd. I wore this to bed two night in a row, and had terrible nightmares both nights. Might be coincidence, but weird. I rarely have bad dreams.

Edited by LyndaM

In the bottle:

My nose is getting better. I can pick out the milky tea, the pepper, the honey, the ginger, and even the linen, after Dirty. Glad I waited a while to get this one.

Wet:

The ginger is making it a bit sour to my nose -- or maybe that's the milk. In Alice, the milk went horribly sour on me, so I'm crossing my fingers that's not it.

Drydown:

The pepper fades quickly, which is too bad; I liked that note in Mi-Go. The vanilla-honey comes up next, which is not suprising given my sweet skin chemistry. The ginger hangs around, then disappears, which is all right by me; Sudha Segara and I did not get along.

There's definitely still an almost lemon-like sourness to this for a while, but eventually that fades too. An hour later it's mostly vanilla, honey, and a bit of milky tea, but it's quite rich and pretty, a lot like O or Brisingamen.

I could do with more pepper to perk it up, but otherwise this is a keeper imp. Will have to try it a few more times to decide on a bottle, given its shaky start.

Oy. Linen, linen, linen-- and a sharp, biting honey. Whatever tea, vanilla or spices might have existed here have been eaten by a linen tablecloth and washed down with a jar of honey. This is very, very sharp and "clean" on me-- and I don't think I like it. I wanted it for the tea, but I can't smell anything past the linen!

I have steered clear of this imp for so incredibly long... Geez. One bad experience with pepper seems to be enough for me.

Tonight, however, my nose is loving it. :P

Tea, sharp honey, a nice pepper that is actually behaving for once, a bit of lemon, a bit of something earthy... and a rabbit's foot.

No linen, thankfully.

If I could associate this fragrance with a visual representation, I'd say a bunny cage. It's a little funny, like something's not quite right about it - because it's a touch furry around the edges with my chemistry - but that little offset lends to its uniqueness and for that, I think I really do like the damnable thing.

It reminds me of summer as a child.

(It took a little while to make that association - the sandbox and clean sheets in the summer. And chamomile tea though there's no discernable chamomile in this blend.)

It's surprisingly innocent.

In the bottle: Sweet, kinda crisp, but without being sharp.

On, wet: Smells a lot like Dorian, actually. Sweet tea. This is not a bad thing, though I hoped for more pepper and ginger.

Later: Just a faint hint of pepper in the background, which is nice -- now it's slightly spicy, sweet tea. Still similar to Dorian, but as I only have an imp of that and I have this bottle of White Rabbit, this is a keeper. All in all, very happy I grabbed the bottle. First catalogue scent in bottle size!

Hee.

White Rabbit, after I put it on, immediately turned to sharp coconut on me! Woah. Did this happen to anyone else?

After a while, it softened to peppery linen, but there's still coconut in the background.

I'm intrigued and I quite like it, but my nose is confused!

This was very sweet in the imp. For some reason, I get no pepper at all out of this, or tea. It really worked it's way pretty quickly into a light, powdery floral. If I sniff really hard, I can get the linen, but on my skin it's really drowned out by the powder. Oh well, there are other tea scents for me out there, I am sure!

In the imp: A sweet citrus scent. It reminds me of sniffing unmixed Country Time Lemonade - sugar and citric acid. It reminds me just a little bit of my Fresh Sugarbath lychee lotion, which I loooooove. I can very vaguely smell the tea in the background, but it's a perfumey tea scent more like an Earl Grey than a black tea.

Wet: The citrus is definitely the dominant note on me, but there is an undercurrent of something slightly floral which might be tea. In one whiff it reminds me of Tazo Lotus Blossom tea and in the next I smell honeysuckle. The ginger is undetectable at this stage.

Dry down: Hmm. Not what I was expecting. This is surprisingly floral on me given that no floral notes are listed in the description. It must be the way the sweetness of the vanilla and honey are mixing with the citrusy tea and my body chemistry. It's a thinner sweet scent than I was expecting given how ginger and vanilla usually combine on me to make thick, rich, cookie smells. I still get whiffs of honeysuckle, and my overall impression is of dryer sheets in a fragrance I would not pick.

The boyfriend's comment: "It smells like Glade. Like something you spray in a bathroom to cover up a poop smell."

Conclusion: It started out pleasant, but didn't evolve well on me. I'm wondering how it would have smelled without the citrus in it since I think that was what turned floral on me.

First sniff from the imp:

HONEY. Massive amounts of sweet, golden honey... there is another undertone that comes to my nose ~ but I am having trouble placing it. My first thought upon smelling White Rabbit (my first scent-ual BPAL experience) was:

"They have found a way to put Heaven in a bottle"

I am, officially, in LOVE with this fragrance AND the Lab!!

:D

Wet on skin:

I still pick up predominate honey tones... but begin to smell the milk and the vanilla, too. White Rabbit begins to take on more of a mixed scent... each of the fragrance qualities that I mentioned do stand out distinctly on their own, quite pleasantly... They intermingle, beautifully. The scent is calming and soothing ~ like savoring a calorie free pastry in a European tea shoppe.

Dry down:

Now I can smell the tea! A bit like a cup of Earl Grey mid-brew. I still don't pick up the pepper tones... though I think that I do detect a small bit of ginger... there is a small whiff of a spicy fragrance ~ but it isn't peppery... so I would attribute the scent to ginger.

White Rabbit sweetens and mellows on me and is just GORGEOUS. Perfect for my skin chemistry. The scent makes me quite happy and very relaxed. I just love it!

In Closing:

I will purchase this in HUGE bottle forms from the lab and also aquire any trades that I can for this lovely and perfect-for-me fragrance. This will be my daily perfume ~ I am so glad that this fragrance was my very first BPAL experience!!

Heaven.

In a bottle.

I'm hooked.

Thanks BPAL! This is a keeper, for SURE!!!

:P

I don't know what else to say about this except that it is not my cup of tea (even though I thought that I would love it). To me it smells exactly like the iced tea scent that Skindazzles.com puts out. Oh well, will be putting the imp up for swap.

This very strange - I put some White Rabbit on my chest and wrists before I went to bed, and in the morning I had bites on those very spots! Spiders, maybe?

Anyway, it's obvious I'm not the only one who thinks this is a delicious blend. I want to soak in it (just not before bed!).

On me it all blends into subtle yumminess, with the tea note popping up now and then.

On my skin, this was a funny sweet and crisp scent. It would have been lovely, except there was a bad note in there.. It smelled like bad milk or rotting vegetables or something. I think maybe it was the ginger.. If it weren't for that note, I'd love it.

In the imp:

Honey and tea and milk! Slightly fruity (ginger?).

Wet on skin:

Strong honey scent.

Drydown:

THe milk comes out to calm the hyper-honey scent. It's warm and sweet. I was hoping for more of a gingery-peppery bite to it, but it's quite pleasant. I don't get tea at all in this, but my skin is dry and may have soaked it all in.

Fades quickly, not much throw.

Best scent tried so far, but not me.

Wet this smells sweet and creamy- similar to Chaste Moon! When first applied I smell lemon, cream and a hint of ginger. This is very similar to Chaste Moon at this point but is sharper. The ginger really comes out after about an hour and reminds me of Honey Moon at this stage. This softens into a soft, warm and creamy honey and vanilla blend. The only downside is that it fades after only a couple of hours. Since it fades so quickly I ended up swapping it.

I reaallllly wanted this to be the scent of english breakfast tea with milk and honey.

I get pepper, pepper, pepper and something sour. I gave this a few tries and sadly it just doesn't work on me.

in the bottle, this smells amazing. black tea with milk and honey mixed in, linens and vanilla.. really, really lovely.

unfortunately, immediately as it goes on my skin, all that lovely sweet creaminess turns into pepper. i just smell like PEPPER. which is a shame as it's so lovely in the bottle. after a few hours of wearing this i just end up with a pepper headache :/

it works well on my boyfriend, josh, though, nice and honey tea on him, so i handed it over :P a beautiful scent, and i wish it worked better on me, because i adore it in the bottle. might be a nice scent to wash in with clothes or bedsheets or something.

In the bottle: all I can smell is the ginger and linen; really hope the tea comes out when I put it on.

Wet: A very creamy sort of linen, with ginger hovering in the background and another, sharper note that's almost lemony.

Dry: Mostly linen, milk, and pepper now, still a very creamy scent, but not at all sweet. I guess my skin just gobbles up the honey and vanilla notes in this.

After 1 hour: Unfortunately, this has turned completely sour on me. Never got any tea notes out of it. :P

I'll probably test this one again, on another day and hope for a better result.

As of now It smells like curdled peach milk on my skin. A bit like baby puke, from a nursing baby. I'm disappointed because I loved the sound of this, and adore tea fragrances. At first sniff the pepper appealed to me too and I was anticipating the various changes on my skin. After ten minutes I had to wash it off.

in bottle: at first sniff all I could smell was licorice. on further sniffing, smells like sweet lemon bars

wet on skin: still smelling lemon, but I can pick out the tea, the cream, wow! the linen (maybe it is the ginger that's making me think of lemon? it kind of reminds me of lemon verbena, but its not EXACTLY lemon. heh) and there's the honey. its probably the honey and ginger that make me smell lemon.

dry on skin: now it is smelling more like ginger, tea and honey and less like lemon. I don't know if I like it or not. it sort of reminds me of licorice (which I hate) and lemon theraflu. I'm sure my mother would love it though.

edited: to say that I wore it again today and decided I really didn't like it. Too much straight ginger kind of makes me feel nauseous for some reason. My mother loves it though.

Edited by ancilla

Got an imp of this for free with my very first order, and decided to give it a whirl today.

Even though I knew what notes it was comprised of before I put it on,I couldn't pick out any one note or scent.... it just smelled..."Warm"... warm, and smooth and a bit spicey. Somethign I liked overall, but I'm not sure why.

Put it on and I can't quite pick out the tea, but the creamyness of the milk comes through and I can sense the honey and ginger trying to come out.

I didn't get a chance to really pay attention to this during the day (usually when I try a new scent I make a point to sniff it avarious points in the day and make mental notes. Good lord, I'm such a junkie)...

but it never let me forget it...at various spots in the day while typing or just moving about, I would get wafts of the scent coming from me and it was just so heavenly!

At some point when I did ask how the boys I work with liked it, they picked out a "powdery" scent that I hadn't consciously picked up but once mentioned I did note. (the guys thought I was wearing "Jezebel" which makes me smell like a baby nursery).

I suspect it's the honey which imparts the "powdery" smell on my skin(the only note this has in common w/ Jezebel)

...although it was more subtle in White Rabbit and didn't bother me at all the way Jezebel did.

Later in the day, the powdery smell is nearly gone and just a warm vanill-y scent pervades....and again I'm not a huge fan of vanilla, but this is driving me wild. I suspect the tea is what tempers it all out.

But especially important to me... is the fact that this scent has STAYED on me! I'm so excited because every other oil from BPAL I have tried so far only lasts about 4-5 hours on me...and this has lasted for 10 so far!

I don't know what it is about this scent, but its the only one that has lasted this long AND the smell drives me nuts. Makes me feel sexy and confident and just mmmmmmmm.

So happy this was included! Am definetly getting a larger vial of this later...

The funny thing about this oil is that it doesn't seem to resemble its description. The most prominent note isn't foody, it's the linen note you'd find in Dirty. I guess the tablecloth takes precedent over the tea party. :D That's why I keep smelling milky peaches and apricots when I first apply. It even sort of smells like a watermelon when it's all ripe and grainy. It's pleasant, but unexpected. My bpal-trained senses detect a bit of honey at the start, too. There is also a tiny bit of lemon which makes me think is the ginger. The scent is not very spicy or creamy, but clean and fresh and watery. Like most linen scents, it's very strong and long-lasting. Only towards the end, does more creaminess come out and I finally get a splash of milk tea on my clean linens. :P