Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Northernminx

White Rabbit

Strong black tea and milk with white pepper, ginger, honey and vanilla, spilled over the crisp scent of clean linen.

Unfortunately, all I get from this is really strong dark tea.

Edited by PrettyPenny

When I ordered this, I said to my husband: "I will either love this or hate it."

Hot damn, it's the former!

In the bottle, I smell something milky and sweet.

Wet, I smell the sharpness of tea, and perhaps just a bit of the pepper?

Dry: Oh, my god, this is beautiful. Crisp, clean, soothing. I've worn it to bed twice, because I just find it such a comforting smell. I think this is going to be my first 10 ml order, yes indeedy. :P

White Rabbit

In the imp: gingery milk and tart tea.

Wet on skin: here comes the honey! It still smells like milky tea and ginger as well.

Dry on skin: what a lovely scent! I can see the Milk Moon comparisons, but to me, the milk note here isn't as rich or sour as MM's was. The honey note is strong in this, as is the tea and the spices…it's almost like a variation of chai tea. Very pleasant and warm.

After a while: the milky honey gets sharper and stronger, it's a rich, creamy scent…thank goodness it not too nauseating. The ginger and pepper prevent this from becoming too sickly sweet, it smells like a comforting milky spicy tea drink.

It does go a bit sour on me after a while though.

Verdict: this is quite a nice scent of spiced milk and honey. It's cosy and warm, with a creamy milk and a strong honey note, with some ginger and pepper adding a lovely spicy touch. I do like it, but after a while the scent goes a bit odd on me. Personally, I prefer Sudha Segara as my ginger-milk scent, and Bengal as my honeyed chai scent.

This was ginger, black tea, and pepper poured on clean linen.

I sold this when I needed money and now I wish I hadn't. It really is a clean crisp scent. Its almost lemony, but thats mostly the ginger. Its creamy and bitter at the same time.

In the imp, I adored this scent. It's clean linen with honey and tea. Once I applied it, the linen scent amped to take over everything else. :P So very bummed out about that! I gave it to a friend who loves linen scents (I have Dirty on order for her) and she amped the black tea to such an extent that she smelled like a walking Lipton's tea bag. Our body chemistries are strange, strange things, aren't they?

But I love the smell of this so much when it's not altered by my wonky body chemistry that I'll probably use it as a room fragrance.

valentina

This one seems really sensitive to skin chemistry, more so than some of the other oils. I got pepper and linen out of this, when I really wanted the honey and tea. Oh well, still have the Dormouse on order, in any case.

My skin chemistry just LOVES to toy with me. I smell anise in this. Is it listed? No. Is it in there? Doubtful. Nevertheless my nose keeps smelling it. Odd. In the vial it smells almost of unscented lotion. Just something a bit milky with a hint of florals. When it first touches my skin White Rabbit nearly yells anise. As it dries I no longer smell the "anise" but instead it smells milky and slightly spicy. Very nice! Not quite me, but I'm so glad I got to try it!

ITB: Zingy! I can definitely pick out the ginger and white pepper, but the sweetness of the honey is also apparent.

On: Most BPAL oils sharpen when I first apply them. This one actually smooths out, and I can smell the milk and honey much more strongly than in the imp. There's almost a fruityness to it as well, like the merest hint of watermelon. Thank goodness Polydactyl got the same note, or I'd think I was crazy!

Dry: This is really interesting. The longer it is on my skin, the more it smells like watermelon. Eventually, the honey reappears, and the final drydown is lovely vanilla and honey. This one definitely needs another go round, 'cause I couldn't keep up this time!

I don't know about the notes, the only thing I can safely add to these really good reviews: I love Dorian and this smells like it is in the same family. It is slightly less sweet but has the same feel to me. Maybe the sharper edge comes from pepper, I don't know. Just think that if you like Dorian, this would be a safe order. :P

Tea frangrances are tricky for me. I think I'd really enjoy something that honestly smelled tea-like on me, but nothing I've found yet seems to. Still, White Rabbit is a keeper. Here's the breakdown:

Overall impression: Well-rounded, sweet, warm peppery, strongest note is linen

Wearing it dry: I just can't smell tea once it gets out of the bottle. It is unique, though, due in large part to the enjoyable peppery spice. I suppose that pepper smells more like tea for others.

The boy: Gave my wrist to my boyfriend for review after I'd worn it for a few minutes. He says it's floral, which isn't thrilling but he does like it. I suppose "linen" to me does incorporate floral element (the linen waters my grandmother uses), so I can understand his assessment.

Yay, first review...

In the bottle: Ooh, this is new. A strong, sweet, and lemony scent? I'm assuming this is the linen...

Wet on skin: Much the same, although I can smell a bit of the milkiness in it. And oh, I can smell the tea, too.

On drydown: The lemon's toned down a tad (or maybe it's honey? Not sure, am bad with notes and all), but it's still pretty invigorating. Not getting as much tea as I would have liked, and the sweetness is finally amping up a bit. Great for staying awake during class :P

Few hours later: Initial kick's all but gone, leaving a light, sweet milk smell, and the slightest bit of what might be tea? It's really light, though - I have to look for it. Around the four-hour mark, it's all but gone, which is a pity. I'm worried about bowing people over with the first lemony burst, so I may just have to reapply rather than slather, which is a pity.

Hmm, I've tried this twice already, but I end up getting something completely different than what most people get. Still, it's quickly become one of my favorites (even after I accidently spilled most of it during the second test - good to know I can endure large quantities of the scent without getting dizzy like I usually do!), so I think I'll definitely keep it - and look into getting a bottle!

I was actually surprised at just how strong and sweet it was when I first applied. it. White Rabbit basically smells the description, but perhaps with less white pepper. This is a pretty consistent scent, although it seems as though the ginger gets weaker over time. I feel like this is a similar scent in feel to Alice, but more impish. I think this is what a baby might smell like, as it's not a complicated, tricky scent.

Wet on, this smells like warm milk with peppery spice -- a little like a hot chai (oh, I guess that's the tea too!). I can detect the clean linen scent poking through the chai smell -- that aspect is not pleasant to my nose at this point.

Dry, about 30 min later, no more pepper or milk. Now it's a faint sweetness - the vanilla mixed with a bit of the linen scent. Nice, but I miss the milk and pepper. Perhaps I'll try applying more next time!

And since I'm looking back at this review a month or so later (I'm adding reviews that I've been storing in Excel :P ), I can say that this is a scent I like to carry around for re-application so I can enjoy the milk and pepper early stage!

At first, this smelt exactly like lemon-scented detergent on me. I imagine it was the linen. After about an hour and a half, the black tea and honey started to come out, but I never got any milk or vanilla out of this, which is very unusual as my skin tends to amp vanilla up like woah. The second stage was nicer than the first, because it became more of a tea scent, but the linen (which usually works on me) stayed detergenty, which was pretty disappointing.

In the bottle: It's very soft, nothing very prominent...maybe licorice?

Wet: I really can't place a single note in this (not that I'm very good at that to begin with), but it's very pretty. Soft...maybe something citrus-ish? Or floral? That could be it. It's not a very strong scent, but it is very pretty. It's making my nose feel kind of tingly. I'm probably over-sniffing, but I can't help it. Preeeeetty.

I just checked the description to see if I could place the notes better if I could see what it was actually supposed to smell like. Tea? Ginger? Pepper? What the? I'm not getting *any* of that.

Drydown: Okay, the "prettiness" is mellowing a bit. There might be a vague hint of spices, but mostly it's still lemony-floral. Some vague potpourri-ish-ness is coming out. It's a very fresh, clean, spring garden kind of scent.

The scent's starting to spread more, though. I keep getting whiffs of it as I type.

In the bottle, White Rabbit smells exactly like hot sweet black tea. Uncanny!

On me, it stays more or less constantly tea-ish. The honey is fairly prominent early on, and I was initially afraid it was going to be too sweet, but I shouldn't have worried; the honey settles down after an hour or so, leaving a nice milky tea fragrance with a little spice to it.

It's very comforting -- you can practically hear someone saying "There, there. Don't fret. Here, have a cup of tea." I don't wear tea scents all that often, but I'll definitely hang onto this imp for whenever I'm having a stressful day.

[update: White Rabbit has really grown on me. So wonderfully cozy. It's made my Larger Bottle list, maybe for next winter. And today I'm getting a previously undetected ginger undertone from it, which is an added bonus.]

Edited by Hypatia

This is another one from my big imp order that went on and got washed off in a hurry. I was hoping to like it (I like teas, I like spices, I like vanilla) but the Rabbit skipped everything else in the description and went straight to damp, used black tea leaves. Definitely a disappointment.

i smell tee leaf from hawaii and milk and whadda ya know? tea leaves..

its strangely sort of fermented--like sake??-- to me this smells strongly of green tea--which i crave sometimes..

In the container, this smells like very lemony tea - very crisp and maybe a little spicy. For the first half hour on, I get the same scent. After that point, I am getting still the lemony scent but more toned down and honeyed than crisp and sharp. This is a very comforting scent.

I got a lot of tea and linen from this. It's a nice, clean smell. Unfortuantely, I bought it as a gift for a friend and was unable to try it on myself, but it's absolutely delicious in the bottle. I want more for myself. :P

I was really excited to try this one! In the bottle, this barely smelled like tea at all to me - it instead had a very potent floral (rosy) detergent smell. On me, the detergent smell faded quickly as it dried and the tea and pepper started to come through.

So nice! It mellows out into a very creamy, clean scent, with just a touch of sweetness. Unfortunately, it faded quite a bit after a few hours of wear, but I will really enjoy wearing this as an everyday, subtle scent.

Edited by Shollin

Vanilla, honeyed and creamy, with a bit of spice. It would have been perfect had the "crisp scent of clean linen" not been there.

Off to my sweetie it goes.

I soo wanted to love this! It faded so fast on me i can't remember what i smelled like! kinda of spicy tea w/a wierd scent that i think might be the linen after having smelt herr dross. I'll probably try it again just to be sure, but i think it's a swaper.

Sadly, this is all playdoh on me. Strangely, it doesn't just smell like playdoh on my skin, but in the imp, too. I think it's the linen, because Herr Drosselmeyer did the same thing, only not as strongly.

This smells like lemon dryer sheets and vanilla on me! I like it. Very clean and fresh.

There is also a subtle spiceyness to it, possibly the ginger. :P