Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Northernminx

White Rabbit

Strong black tea and milk with white pepper, ginger, honey and vanilla, spilled over the crisp scent of clean linen.

Test site:
Left elbow.

Wet:
There's more floral to this than I expected. I assume it's the clean linen. It smells like dryer sheets.

Early Dry Down:
Sweet, sweet florals. I'm getting something like a cross between magnolia and honeysuckle. The tea is there at the base, but I get no vanilla or ginger.

Late Dry Down:
After an hour, it's still mainly dryer sheets on me. The ginger has come out just a bit, but it doesn't make the dryer sheets any more desirable to me. This one is just not for me.

I'm am absolutely in love with this scent. It's almost as if it takes two other tea party scents I loves and creates the best of both worlds.

It's not overly sweet like Alice and the fruit is a bit more mellow than with March Hare. This may become my everyday scent since I just find it oddly comforting in all it's levels, and have yet to smell the pepper. It just makes me feel like I'm sitting down for tea in a cafe on a early fall afternoon.

I don't really know what I think of this scent.

For a little while when it was wet it smelled fruity, almost like skittles.

I smell the milk and honey really strongly and also the white pepper.

I cannot describe it, really.

In the bottle: Hello pepper! Rather strong pepper. Something light behind it, not sure what. Some sort of light floral?

Wet: The pepper has faded somewhat. So unique an I can't describe it...I think the vanilla is starting to come out in the background and there's still some sort of white floral.

Dry: Soft & sweet. Every now and then it smells like vanilla cake. Doesn't really seem like me but I still like it so...I'll be keeping the imp for sure. I have a feeling this scent will grow on me.

in the bottle: woo, pepper! and some nice celan florals too. I get a little tea, but not much.

wet: ohh, this is nice. The pepper and milk come out, and I get some tea too. Of course, the florals (what? there are florals in here?) are getting stronger, which always seems to happen on me. Very clean smelling... almost bordering on deoderant. I hope it doesn't go there on me.

dry: ohh, thankfully, still nice... even better :D It didn't go the deoderant route, and whatever was making me think of that has thankfully gone away. The tea is gone, and so is a lot of the pepper, and what I'm left with is a milky clean, honey scent, sprinkled with florals, which borders on odd and powdery, but remains subtle and creamy.

overall impression: did you ever eat those milk and honey candies with the little bumblebees on the package? White rabbit makes me think of eating one of these while smelling a really pretty flower. It's fairly subtle without much throw, so I'm probably the only one who can smell it, but overall, I'd have to say it's pretty delightful :P

edit: oh, I found them! These are the candies: http://www.candydirect.com/mints/Honey-Fil...Drops-Milk.html

I loved them when I was little... in fact, this scent really makes me want some now

Edited by Natch

At first, I get a peppery blast. Then, the linen scent. As others have said, it resembles dryer sheet aroma, but thankfully, this does not last. It dries down to a pleasant tea scent, slightly sweet, with a hint of ginger. It is a close-to-the skin, comforting scent that I would wear often!

Edit: I've tried it a few more times now, and there is something a bit plasticky to this scent on my skin. It's a bit too sweet, also. Oh well, lots of people seem to like it, so it will find a good home.

Edited by maijasu

A clean-smelling white tea scent, and the ginger is pleasant. It smells polite. It's kind of like Dorian plus fabric softener. It has more of a crispness to it and less creaminess than Dorian. And the honey in this doesn't smell like play-doh like it does in other blends. I like it.

Mmm yes, Hiya White Rabbit, I'll follow you anywhere...

In the vial WR reminds me of licorice or anise. I was hoping that it wouldn't smell like this on me, and it didn't. Like most of the BPAL oils I've tried, it morphs into something completely different on my skin. After about 2 minutes it smelled like pepper, tea, and honey.

After a while it got sweeter and the pepper note faded some, but left behind a clean linen. Lucking it wasn't too prominent because I hate clean scents. I still got enough tea & honey to make me love this scent!

After multiple tries, I am giving up on White Rabbit... at least on skin. I love it at first... on me, it is very understated and not too sweet... just cream and tea and linen and pepper. Then, within five minutes, there's nothing left except a bit of peppery residue on my skin. This may be a scent locket blend for me... I will have to test that out.

woowoo, my first review...

in the bottle: sweet, peppered dryer sheets... huh?? honestly a little dissapointed, this is my first bpal scent & in the bottle it doesn't smell like i want to wear it, but...

reluctantly swiped on a wrist: woo... there's the ginger & honey... the tea is still mostly hiding.

after 20 minutes: ahhhhhh. much better! sweet milky tea comes up & the peppery linen scent fades into the background without dissappearing completely. comforting & subtle... not too sweet... i may keep this afterall!

*later* okay okay. white rabbit wins. i want to drink tea & take a nap with this... it may not be good for days i really need to move, but it is like a big fuzzy scent blanket once it dries down. mmmmm.

Edited by pixievixen

In the vial: Sweetness - sugar, tea, milk, and a hint of white pepper.

On me: I'm getting pretty much the same as in the vial, except the pepper note is much stronger. It doesn't detract from the creaminess of the blend - it adds uniqueness. This scent has pretty good staying power on me.

Verdict: Love this! So glad I bought a bottle.

Rating: 5/5

I've never tried a tea scent, but this just sounds yum to me. Let's see what my skin does with it.

In the vial - Oh, this is lovely! The sweetness of the honey mixes with the ginger and makes it just creamy. I can barely smell the tea, but the linen is great.

Wet - Lots of ginger and not nearly as sweet as I originally thought. There's almost a lemony feel to this.

Drying - It's got to be the linen that's giving me the lemon scent. I'm not sure if I smell the tea (since I'm not sure what tea smells like, exactly, seeing as I mostly just drink it) and the pepper is just barely there, but this is lovely so far.

Dry (15 minutes) - This is fantastic! A gentle smell, yet it has that slight kick of the ginger and the pepper. The throw is even decent, which amazes the heck out of me.

Overall - I think I've found another big-bottle scent! :P It doesn't have a whole heck of a lot of staying power, but it smells so great on me that I forgive that. 'Specially seeing as nothing has staying power on my skin...

In the Imp: Clean linens and a cup of tea. This strikes me as so typically Victorian British; the scent of taking tea in the solarium on newly washed linen tableclothes.

Wet: Ahhhhhhh...relaxing. Just sweet enough, but not foodie or candyish. The tea, linen and vanilla are most prominent, the honey is more a sweet hint of a note than a full embodiment of honey.

Dry: It goes through phases of being more of a clean linen scent, and then wams up to be mostly ginger, vanilla and honey. Very lovely, and still relaxing. The best i can do to explain it is this: comfortable yet sexy.

Throw: Surprisingly good, a lot of the milky/clean/tea smells from bpal don't seem to have much throw to them, at least when on me. This one does.

Overall: This is hands-down one of the best "clean scent" perfumes i've ever tried. Too many clean scents tend to be too much like laundry detergent for my tastes, but this has the hints of spicy ginger, and the warmth of vanilla and tea to make it something sooo much better smelling than just mere laundry detergent. (in fact i don't even use scented detergent any longer, most of them are too perfumey and just a little too too much to me.)

hmm, maybe i'm totally insane, but i don't smell any of the things most people have listed here. in the bottle, and on my skin, it mainly smells of clover. it's light and pleasant smelling, but definately not what i expected. it does conjure up "rabbit" though- like if the white rabbit lived in a clovery meadow. :P

i don't get any tea from this at all- which i was really hoping for. it's a strange one, but not entirely disappointing.

in the imp:

Oh that's crazy! I can clearly smell the pepper, and that's a first with any perfume I've ever smelled. It's a strange combo - definitely bright florals but also the bite of white pepper.

wet:

Still strange but very fun to smell - my nose is trying to separate and categorize all the things I'm smelling. I can smell the linen scent, which is a lot like Dirty, but I'm also smelling a lot of the pepper, which makes me think...of food. I love fresh ground black pepper and put it on everything I eat that's not sweets. Which is weird because this is distinctly sweet and creamy...but also...peppery.

dry:

This is sort of going weird and plasticky and powdery on me, but at times it's staying on the milky floral side with the spiciness of ginger and pepper still there. The tea is staying in the background, but I can smell it more and more as time goes on.

season: any

office-friendly? yes!

overall:

Well, I think I like this....maybe? I'll have to give it a couple more tries, because it's so very odd, but I like odd. In a random note, my boy (who, when I ask him to smell any BPAL, labels it as one of two categories - "flowers" or "huh") said this smells like tobacco! His nose is crazy.

Sweet black tea with a bit of cream and pepper. Oh yeah, it is there! There's a paper-thin slice of lemon in there floating in the tea. This combination makes an intriguing scent! So happy I got an imp of this to try!

I'd had my eye on this one from the start, and finally I got the chance to try it...

Imp: Black tea, most definitely, but also spices and honey. Very strong.

Wet: The tea recedes, the honey gets stronger, with something almost biting underneath (the pepper?).

Dry: Still a mix of strong scents, but they merge together into a kind of creamy honey as it dries. The tea has pretty much disappeared.

Overall: I'd expected something like Chai tea (something I love), but the tea just seemed to disappear on me, which has never happened with a tea scent before. It reminds me of an English kitchen, warm and spicy. Can't quite decide whether I truly like it.

White Rabbit - pure honey-sweet black tea with perhaps a touch of lemon. While I love drinking tea, I'm not a big fan of wearing it, so needless to say, The White Rabbit isn't exactly my "cup of tea." It faded on me fairly quickly, and had a moderate amount of throw, but I couldn't stand walking around smelling like tea. I have already passed it on to a friend who enjoys tea scents.

I love White Rabbit.

In the imp: Slightly spicy and sweet, I am intrigued.

On the wrist: Oh this is gorgeous, I can smell honey, vanilla and pepper primarily. It's definitely a creamy white smell, but it has enough of a bite to it to prevent it from being too soft for me.

The staying power and throw for this has been wonderful on me as well. One thing I have to beware of is that too much is not a good thing on me, so I can't slather. But that just means it lasts longer. :P This is definitely a 5 mL. I love this.

LOVE it. It really does smell like tea with sugar and cream - it's the barest breath of a scent, and a little too innocent for me, but it has this refreshing quality about it that nudges you into wakefulness as its softness provokes an almost meditative state. It's so light that the sweetness is not cloying at all - I guess that's also because of the white pepper, which, with the ginger, is a perfectly brilliant pairing with the vanilla. This probably deserves a full bottle, even though it's not my usual sort of scent - or maybe because it isn't!

Mmmm, I love this. At first the pepper really stung my nose when it was in the imp, but afterwards, it's dried down to a nice honey/milk/vanilla scent with some grains in the background.

It's like a more innocent O. I love it.

I received this as a frimp from the lab (thankyouthankyou!)

After reading the reviews I was all excited to try this scent, foody and I get along well... Surprisingly, this one just didn't work with my chemistry. Something is going afoul - it's either the tea, pepper or linen, but I smell like a rubber band (and that's after the morph, the initial scent on me was new tires). Methinks the pepper might be the cuplrit.

I even tried to cover it up with O's sweetness - no luck. Oh well... This is the first BPAL that blatantly didn't work for me. Might have to go wash this off, hopefully I have an imp in my bag!

Thank you anyway! :P

In the imp: Mostly tea, I think. I'm not overly impressed, but I'll try it out anyway.

This morphs into something terrible on my skin. I'm not sure what it is, but it's seriously gross. I had to wash this off almost right away.

This is a very unique fragrance. It starts out very strong of tea and the linen, then settles down into strong pepper. No, I think, I don't want to smell of pepper. Then it morphs again into comforting milky sweetness, like Bengal without the spice. I love the concept of it - will need to try it a few more times to see if it really woks well with my skin. It's an insanely clever and funny mix, though.

Seems that White Rabbit is a love-you or hate-you kind of scent. I don't know if he has me pegged as a cousin to Elmer Fudd or what, but this is one rabbit who definitely does not like me. Maybe I'd gotten too cocky: after all, there were so many great tea scents I'd found on BPAL. (Hey, Severin has made my buy-a-bottle list!) I can do tea; I figured I could wear White Rabbit. Apparently I can't do milk, however, and I think that must be key to enjoying this blend.