Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

She Who Furnishes Pregnancy
Peru balsam, vanilla bean, Rainier cherry, bitter almond, golden honey, rose water, lemon peel, sugar cane, and benzoin.

While Kypris is wet I can smell cherry, almond, and a bit of lemon. It dries down to a pleasant, soft skin scent. It's nice.

In the bottle, I get a mesh of the listed notes, with the cherry and lemon peel standing out.

Wet I find that I get lots of the Peru balsam... reminiscent of U, but with some vanilla and sugared lemon peel in there. Oh Yumm!

Drying the vanilla bean backs out a bit and lets the sugar cane shine a bit. Bitter almond is making this a little funny on my skin. This hangs very close to the skin.

Overall, I think that I am going to have to let this sit for a few days before I make any decisions about this. I really like the wet stage though!

Oh, this is really nice. I mean, niiiice. I sat down next to one of my students in English class a few days ago and she inhaled and said, "Someone smells SOOOOO good!"

It's definitely a gourmand scent, but I wouldn't call it foodie. The balsam and benzoin are very present, which I think keeps it from going in the direction of candy-like. The cherry note really is Rainier cherry-- it has that distinctness and is nothing like the cherry in other blends I have sampled. The high notes of sugar and lemon burn off quickly on me. The almond, vanilla, and honey notes are well-balanced and the rosewater is not distinctly rose, for those of you who aren't rose fans, it just adds a bit of freshness and supports the general blush-y feeling the cherry note gives me. In fact, I think that "blush-y" is a good word to describe the character of the scent overall. The description of "She Who Furnishes Pregnancy" fits this well, the scent has that blushing glow to it.

Kypris is beautiful! I was so excited to have a perfume with Rainier Cherry in it - and it doesn't disappoint!

Wet, this is ALL Cherry, Sugar Cane and Almond...I can't tell which kind of Cherry or Almond, but they are both there and strong!

After about an hour, the Cherry defines itself as a Rainier and the Almond softens and takes a backseat to the Benzoin and Vanilla Bean which are stunning...spicy and creamy without being too sweet. The sugar cane calms down as well...

A bit later this perfume morphs into something amazing - there's still a hint of Cherry here, the Almond is indeed bitter (and balanced by the Benzoin and Vanilla bean) but now the tart bitterness of lemon peel and softness of the Rose water shows up with just a touch of honey...just a bit.

After about 4 hours I think I smell the Balsam...I thought he would show up in the very beginning loud and proud, but it just didn't happen. :)

I never get much of the Honey, Balsam, Rose Water or Lemon Peel, but they are there - working together behind the scenes.

This would be a perfect perfume to wear to the Portland Japanese Garden in the Springtime! Medium throw, long wear, subtle beauty.

Definitely a 5/5 and I think this would be wearable year-round here in the Pacific Northwest. :)

In the bottle, I'm getting a lovely, almost glowing cherry-vanilla-almond scent. Mmm. Now here's hoping the rest of it doesn't kill the blend for me. On my skin, cherry almond, and just absolutely beautiful. Please, don't turn on me... Ack, the lemon's starting to peek through. Don't do that! Sadly, for me, the lemon amps, which is just not my thing.

Edited by Venneh

Ok I don't know what this is supposed to accomplish..but this scent is my own personal form of olfactory crack. I just got this in the mail and tested, with fear that it wouldn't work well on my skin. Nonsense! This is great!

Wet: 1st though: "Mmmm.. cherry tarts...wait..cherry tarts? Very funny, Beth..."(then laughed to myself) I literally got the smell of fresh cherry tarts with marzipan and vanilla bean liquor. If the way to a man's heart is through his stomach, no wonder this would supposedly furnish pregnancy...he'd eat you alive.

Drydown: this scent does a bizarre thing of simulating the complexity of a good deep musk, without any, and hitting that golden ratio of sweet, floral, and earthy. True, peru balsam, vanilla bean and benzoin are some of my favorites and are really prominent here.. But I'm not really zoning in on only the elements that bring me guaranteed joy in life. The rose water and lemon peel are perfect balancers and keep me going back to smell it deeply again. Reason is, I noticed I was able to equate how it plays out on my sense of smell as being similar to how someone would seductively describe a perfect glass of wine. That is all together too creepy of an association for me so, I'll stop now and run away, huffing my arm.

Sugary cherry-almond tarts. I am SO pleased the almond works on me and doesn't morph to something icky - this is just so sweet and gourmand and beautiful. Makes me feel feminine and completely delicious.

I took a risk on this mainly because of the "she who furnishes pregnancy," rather than the scent description.

Wet, this has potential -- I get the sweetness of the cherry, honey, vanilla without much of the balsam or the rose.

On my skin, what lasts is that "vinegary" sharp perfume note that smells like old lady's houses to me. The rose water maybe?

Over all, it's fine, but nothing particularly special.

I'm having one of those rare days when every scent I try seems to be pretty awesome. I got Kypris today, even though I was thinking it would be really similar to Libra 07, which I have three bottles of. OMG. It's like my beloved Libra on big beautiful steroids. :lol: It has that same honeyd cherry opening, then just blooms into a complex gourmand with vanilla and benzoin floating over the top like a fluffy sugar cloud. The rose is there, but more subdued being rosewater. Beth is positively KILLING it with these Lupers and the BPTP Courtesans. I'm going to break the bank buying them up. But I smell really amazing! :lol: And I will definitely be needing at least one back-up of this bottle.

This is a bit too sickly-sweet for me.

Very much almond, vanilla.

I was hoping for more cherry.

Normally I would swap this away, but I'm keeping it for other, TAL, reasons. ;)

My interpretation of Kypris:

Crushed SweetTarts powder sprinkled on an Easter lily.

That is what Kypris smells like to me. A little more than that, obviously, it has this sweetness, slight tartness, and a lightly musky feel, like silky.

I waffled on this all morning, and finally landed on the love it side!

Definitely a pretty spring scent!

When I was little, I loved Valentine's Day because of the gummy hearts my father would buy me. They weren't gummy like worms, more like gumdrops but without the sugar coating. They were smooth and thick and I used to love to bite them in half and examine my teeth marks in the candy.

My point? Kypris smells like those candies. Cherry is sweet but with an ever-so-slight spice to it, less cinnamon-smelling than the warmth you get from cinnamon. It turns powdery and fades quickly.

In the bottle, the almond note is pretty strong. In the wet stages, it's predominantly cherry and almond. However, as this dries, it really comes together. It turns into a sweet vanillic scent. The honey comes out a bit more, and the almond fades slightly. The cherry seems to disappear on my skin. There does seem to be an incensey edge to this that I wasn't expecting. The sugar cane gives it a lightness, and for once it doesn't go to maple syrup on my skin. I can't detect any rose water, and the lemon peel is very faint on me. All in all, I quite love this.

Agreed that in the bottle it's very cherry/almond, which I do like.

Upon application, though, this goes too sweet cherry vanilla on me initially, then a bit plasticky and then it's too powdery.

Drydown is a soft cherry/honey/powder that is not really for me - a bit too cloying.

Kypris - I don't at all get the gourmand type scent that other reviewers noted. On me, the honey is the dominant note, with a hint of benzoin, and a solid amount of rose. I think I smell the tiniest hint of cherry, but I'd have never picked it out on my own without referencing the note listing. I thought there was orange blossom in this, too, but I don't see it on the ingredient list. I'd classify this as a honey scent, with a bit of powderiness, and I don't know if that's from the honey, the benzoin, the almond, or something else. After drydown, there's something slightly woody and almost spicy about the scent, which must be the Peru balsam -- something that amazes me since I don't typically like balsam at all. This is such a pretty scent, absolutely perfect for spring. It's not something I'd typically wear, so I don't know whether to keep it or not, because it really is beautiful, but I don't know if I'd actually ever reach for it. But I might.

This is soo much just a powdery honey on me and like, nothing else. No cherry, no almond or rose. Its pretty, but I am not sure I would reach for it.

Update-after more than a year I decided to retest. Its still powdery honey death on me but now i can smell rose predominantly and some cherry too. There is a wierd vanillic note in the background as well, but it cannot save this blend on my skin. So sad.

Edited by Fetish911

It's much fruitier than I expected but so bright and pretty! I get the black cherry and almond (but not the cheap drugstore blend of these two notes - instead a sophisticated blend) - a little bite of lemon and the vanilla and benzoin warm up the scent and ground it. Delightful :) The cherry note in this blend is the most authentic that I've ever smelled in a perfume - it's so unique!

Unfortunately, it fades super fast - so it would have to be a slather scent for me - hehe.

Edited by GirlinDenial

D: is my reaction to kypris. not because it smells bad… but because it smells GOOD.

i ordered a decant of this, against the will of my superstitious nature. kypris- furnisher of pregnancy?! NO THANK YOU. but oh god, it sounded so good- like sugary vanilla cherry goodness. my worst fears came true: it really is that good.

at first sniff, when wet, it's all bright, sugary cherry, like a super red cherry lollipop. s it dries, the cherry is softened by the vanilla, honey and benzoin. the honey lends a sexy note à la O. when it is completely dry, the sugary rosewater comes out and i swear to god, it starts to smell a little like gulab jamun. this is so good, i am just going to have to suck it up, buy a bottle and maybe re-label it to "furnisher of bunnies" or something else way better than fetuses.

In the bottle: Lovely mix of all the notes, except perhaps not the almond or lemon peel.

Wet: And here come the lemon peel! Ack!

The dry-down: Ah, that's more like it. The lemon peel goes back into hiding, well, somewhat, as now it's just adding a bit of spark. This is almost as good as it was just sniffing of the bottle. The bitter almond doesn't seem to have made it to the party, just as well. :) And I adore all the other notes (except the lemon peel), so I was hoping for some honey sweetness, made lighter by the rose water, the sugar cane, the peru balsam, and the benzoin. And that's pretty much what I got. :) If you like the idea of a honey scent, but think that one may be too rich and too dark, try Kypris--the golden honey note is lovely and light.

In the decant & first applied to my skin this is a nice, tart, sugary cherry scent.

However, once it dries down this is a lot more floral than I would have thought.. not sure what mysterious note is doing that. (HAHAHA stupid me, READ all the notes next time - it's rose water!) Ok, so the rose water, bitter almond, and lemon peel are the most dominant notes on my skin in the dry down phase. I wish it stayed sugary cherry tarts!! Locket perhaps.

Imp: Cherry, bitter almond and lemon peel

Wet: Cherry and rosewater, and the lemon peel is moist, fresh and sugary.

Dry: Great. The rosewater is doing that thing that it did in Lilith's Tea Party where it overpowers everything and confuses my nose.

This is a very strange scent to me. The notes all stand out on their own, especially the rosewater which makes me confused at what I'm smelling. Off to swaps...

Edited by mxtine

I don't normally like cherry notes (they usually either smell like tart kool-aid powder or sickly sweet maraschino cherry on me), but the cherry here is pretty and clean smelling, sweetened with vanilla bean and golden honey. It's a soft, girly, pretty, simple scent. It smells sort of pink and dewy <3. I can smell a perfumey, sour rose at first, but it's barely noticeable in the drydown.

The honey, sugar, and vanilla seem a bit cloying at times, but I can see myself wearing this every once in a while, when I'm in the mood for a sweet, pink, girly blend.

I am recovering from a cold so my nose may not be up to scratch. I have yet to find a cherry that doesn't turn to spice on me, I'm hoping the vanilla in this scent will cure that. Sniffing the imp I smell bakewell tart with cream, delicious. It doesn't smell hideously foodie, more tart. On and wet it smells much the same except I can pick out pretty much all the notes. I can smell a slight spice hint which is worrying me because it will probably amp and make it smell like sweet incense. The smell has quite a good throw actually, if this doesn't morph then I may be onto a winner. As it's drying I don't really get cherry bakewell anymore which is such a shame. As normal the notes are morphing into one unknown mess. The rosewate is making an appearance now as is the lemonpeel, they have cut through the foody smell which I am not too happy about. I can't tell if I like this or not. I'll keep it purely to sniff from the imp but am not sure if I'll wear it.

Kypris is honey, vanilla, rose and cherry sugar. In some ways, this is a sweeter, more feminine than Sleeping Nymphs. As it dries, I seem to amp up the cherry and sugar notes, and it reminds me more at this stage to Sugar Plum Fairy, but with cherry instead.

Too sweet for me.