Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Teggy

Marshmallow Poof

Marshmallow Poof -- A gooey mound of white fluffiness! And yes, it is vegan!

Um...*sniffs*

Er....*sniffs*

Well it's not what I expected. Then again, who am I to judge? I hate marshmellows. I think I expected something creamier, but this is VERY sweet. Almost fruity, it's that sweet. Well that's what Marshmellows are, right? Pure sugar? *sniff*

I'm baffled. Not really sure what to make of this. I'll let it sit another 30 minutes and come back to it.

First Edit: After a few minutes, the "fruity" quality is fading and I'm liking it more. It's still very SUGARY without having that "maple syrup" quality of Sugar Skull....come to think of it, this is kinda what I expected of Sugar Skull originally.....*big grin dawns on face*

Second Edit: UltraViolet is right. It DOES have that Midway-sugar quality to it! I thought it smelled familiar. But be warned, with the wrong body chemistry, I think this could go very play-doughy. However, if you liked Midway and can't get any, this may make a good alternative. Edited by Shollin

Oh wow! This smells just like marshmallows (duh, right?!). It reminds me of when we were kids, and we'd pull apart our marshallows over and over until they were the consistency of taffy, then eat them off our sticky fingers.

It's sweet, creamy, and absolutly delicious! It's a white sugar, not a brown for sure. This is really awesome. I'm loving it! I'd honestly buy a gallon of this if I could!

Edited by Megara

Wow this is really yummy and great smelling in the bottle. It reminds me of Midway.

And it smells the same on my skin so far.

It smells like cherry with another fruit.

God this is good.

My nose like this one most of the two Pumpkin Patch blends i've opened so far.

God this is good.

Now at 2 minutes it smells sort of like Lush's Creamy Candy bubble bar with some fruity and smokey undertones.

In general I smell a broad subtley sweet pinkness. A yummy pink scent, not sickeningly sweet or anything like that. It's a foody scent but not as much as the Pumpkin Patch blends for instance.

It's like a big cloud of pink with a slight fruitiness and a light to medium waft of toasted marshmellow. It does in fact smell like a pink marshmellow that has been toasted in a woodfire like when one is camping.

It doesn't stay as strong as I'd like on the dry down. But it's a great scent.

I'd wear it all season. I give this a 4.

BPTPTreat2007MarshmellowPoof.jpg

Wow! Vanilla cake frosting? There is something else though I can't put my finger on, something sort of ozoney like in Antique Lace? As it fades it becomes vanilla sugar like in Sugar Skull. Yummy!

Oh yes! This is delicious sugar in its most perfect form. There's definite marshmallow and slight fruitiness, a hint of tart hiding behind all this sweetness to offset it. It is definitely not bland. Aaand... familiar Midway notes are there as well, although it smells less like fried dough and more like cotton candy. Very yes. This will take its rightful place along Midway and Beaver Moon 2006 in delicious rotations.

Mmm, this DOES smell like a marshmallow! I agree with the above posters - there is a somewhat fruity tinge to it, but at the same time, it's very sugary and "pink" smelling. It's sweet but not too sweet, fading into a soft, beautiful vanilla sugar, reminding me of why I'd rather smell like a marshmallow than eat one (unless it's burnt). :P I am very pleased with Puddin's selection for me. I will definitely be keeping this one around!

Wet, there's an odd note to this... sort of scorched plasticy? It fades rapidly as it dries, leaving a very true marshmallow smell with impressive staying power. It's a shame I don't adore marshmallows... gonna try to swap it to someone who does!

I can't wear sugar scents no matter what and this one not only gives me a headache but smells like sugared play-dough on me. I'm not even sure why I tested it. Sugared scents have never worked on me. EVER. :P

Marshmallow Poof (LE) (BPTP)-

In Bottle: SUGARED PLAY-DOH. I am not making this up. That oily clayey Play-Doh smell. This is not, by the way, distressing me.

Wet: Lightly lemon sugar. The Play-Doh scent is only hinted at.

Dry: Sugar softness with the Play-Doh hint persistent. Novel. I ain't giving this one up, it's too interesting!

Overall: Interesting in a really good way.

in the bottle:swweeeet, creamy, hint of something almost cherry

wet: very strong almost powdered sugar slightly powdery, slightly floral, no cherries

as it dries it is a soft sweet cloud of yumminess, vanilla, sugar, sticky yet strong. maybe the stay puff marshmallow man in ghostbusters is a good comparison. big, white, poof of stickiness.

Closest comparison I've got in the BPAL constellations to compare this to is Mitzvah.

But this is less cake and more sugar confection.

Taffy?

This is very lovely & I thank previous BPAL'ers who called this a pink scent. Cause that works for me.

BTW, I personally couldn't wear Midway AT ALL as some note in it went funky on me (which is unusual for BPAL's sweet foody scents). So this doesn't compare to Midway for me.

Definately a variation on Mitzvah for those who missed that.

Edited by Heavenlyrabbit

Hmm. No Playdoh for me. Pink, sticky taffy with a layer of fluffy softness. Yum!

Edited by GypsyRoseRed

YAY! I've always hoped for BPAL to do a marshmallow scent because I thought it would be so fun and playful and not to mention right up my foody-loving alley.This is pink, strawberry-laced spun sugar. It's girly, it's decadent and it'll instantly give you a cavity. Yum.

Edited by tasty

I don't have much original to add... sugary, slightly creamy, very slightly 'pink', like Midway minus the donuts. I get just the tiniest whiff of plastic on applying, but thankfully that's gone in a second or two. I love this... it wavers between a true marshmallow and a cotton candy. Not the longest staying power, but I don't mind reapplying!

Oh, and the label art is darling. :P

at first: a sweet, marshmallow-like scent.

on: this is fabulous. it's sweet, but not overpowering: just like marshmallows.

3 hours later: play-doh.

9 hours later: strong play-doh.

overall: needless to say, i'm sooooo sad this doesn't work on me. it's lovely in the bottle.

straight sniff from imp is sweet and slightly boozy fluffernutter...

once applied this gets buttery; a bit salty :D ...almost "play-dough"

but not quite...after giving this 30 minutes plus this turns

out to be the toasted marshmallow goodness that i was hoping for :P

This is CRAZY good.

Bottle: light, faint, sweet... where are you, scent?

Skin: Zomg, there you are! It's a fruity circus peanut. I LOVE the smell of those things. I think normal marshmallows don't have much of a smell, but those things smell/taste vanilla-y and great. This is a circus peanut. And it dried down to... PLAY DOUGH circus peanut. In a GOOD way! I think it's funny the way people say "oh no, it smells like play dough, how sad!" whereas I'm like "YES it smells like play dough, TERRIFIC!" This is what happens when a "plasticky" scent goes GOOD instead of bad. There is no past or current BPAL I can compare this to. I love it forever. I don't think I could ever have too much of this one.

Mmm, this is creamy white sugary play doh on me! I don't smell any fruitiness AT ALL, and nothing in this seems pink either. This was definitely play doh-y on me for a white, but as it dried down, it turned more sugary-sweet. It's fairly faint, so you may need a heavy hand in applying it if you want it to waft. I'm still unsure about it on me, so I might wear it again and see if it's worth the play doh stage for the drydown.

MARSHMALLOW POOF

Wet: In the bottle I smell sweet, fluffy sugar with an almost syrupy quality to it. It reminds me of the deliciously gooey marshmallow topping that can be dolloped on top of an ice cream sundae.

Dry on Skin: Marshmallow poof is right!! This smells exactly like pastel-colored, fluffy, soft marshmallows. I get a strong layer of sweet vanilla over the faintest hint of lemon extract. There's just a drop of something cherry-like as this dries, but then it disappears. Marshmallow poof remains a decadent, sweet, bright marshmallow scent with qualities that remind me of both Midway and Sugar Skull. This one is a winner, everyone! I love this!!

At first? SUGAR. Also, more sugar. Like I stuck my nose in a jar of the stuff. SU. GAR.

But it's also fluffy and pink - a quality that Marshmallow Fluff obviously ought to have. I had my doubts, honestly. My boyfriend loves marshmallows, but I hadn't had good luck with super-sugar scents so far.

AND THEN.

Then, Marshmallow Poof turned into Marshmallow Hawaiian Punch. Yes, the bright red drink mix. For a few brilliant moments - and I mean brilliant in the rather olfactorily blinding way - it was RED. FRUIT. the same way it had been SU. GAR. before. I thought my arm would be sticky when it dried!

But now, it's dry, and it's splitting the different between the two moments. And I smell like a Peep. It doesn't have much throw on me, and I didn't know I'd like to smell like a Peep, but it's cripsy tasty sweet, and I like it. The goblins know what they're doing, it seems. When the end of the stressful work-time I mentioned in my plea comes about, I will slather myself in this and go out dancing, and love every minute of it.

(Another thought: To those who get lavender marshmallows from TKO? Take out the lavender, add a cup of sugar (to each ounce of oil, I mean, mentally) and you have something like this.)

sugary plastic. Pretty much both in the bottle and on me, it's turning just way that Sugar Cookie did into something not foody at all and just sort of ... plastic. pink sugary plastic. Sorry, my least favorite of the bunch.

At first this reminded me of Sugar Cookie, and I got really excited. But as it dries, like bookandbroom, I’m getting Hawaiian Punch. And yes, this is RED and sugary. Wow, this is getting fruitier and fruitier, redder and redder. This is crazy. Now cherries peek through all the sugar and fruit. If I didn’t know better I would have thought this was Spiked Punch. It smells like red gummi worms – it’s so sweet, and fruity. And it stays that way for the life of the scent.

Marshmallow Poof is definitely marshmallow on me. And a little bit of those orange candy circus peanuts, too. But mostly marshmallow, kind of a marshmallow peep, in fact.

It's fascinating, though I'm not sure it's scent love, if you know what I mean. But I can't stop snorting my arm. Heh.

Addendum: Later, it dries down to an absolutely perfect classic marshmallow. It's so not what I thought I'd love to wear, but I really, really like it. I'm very glad I got a decant of this.

Edited by delicate_fangs

For me, this is all light, puffy, and sweet. I like it, it's very much a marshmallow poof, but it just isn't me. I guess I prefer my marshmallow toasted. It reminds me very much of Midway, and I traded that one away as well. Off to the swaps.

I :P Marshy Poop!

It's just like the smell of the melting marshmellows atop your hot cocoa! (Of course, sans cocoa!) :D

Vanilla and white sugar.

YUM! :D

Thank you, Beth and Puddin!