Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Teggy

Marshmallow Poof

A gooey mound of white fluffiness! And yes, it is vegan!

I got a lovely free sniffy of this from the generous Wench457

In the Imp: It doesn't smell exactly like a true roasted marshmallow to me ( I consider myself a bit of a connoisseur ^_^ ) BUT at the same time, that's exactly what you think of when you smell it. It's got that burnt sugar quality, and yes.. it does smell pretty tasty.

Wet: I get a little bit of a floral edge to it.

Dry: it's nice.. but it's straight up foody which isn't always my thing. I do think it would be great layered with some other blends, just to add a sugary note to them. I dont think it's super interesting.. it actually reminds me of the smell/taste a lot of lip glosses and such have haha. Glad to get a free sniffy of this rarity though! Edited by MCS4096

In bottle: It smells like marshmallow and meringue both. Also bubble gum a little. Wet: juicy fruit and marshmallows, at first, but is soon all marshmallows. Dry: Fast fading but retains marshmallow affect to the end.

Thank God for Wear Your Rare Day...I hate this!!!

I can't believe I've been swooning over the smell in the imp.

I can't believe I paid a bit for it.

I can't believe I've had this for almost a year and didn't even know I hate it!

This smells like red playdoh...ugh!

Marshmallow Poof

This is a scent best sniffed at a 5-6 inch distance. Up close, it has a... cherry? scent, but from a few inches, it's marshmallow! I know I shouldn't be, but I'm sort of surprised that it's *so* marshmallowy. Very cool.

In the bottle: Clear color. Scent - SUGAR HIGH!!!!!

Wet on skin: SUGAR! With creamyness to it - like vanilla sugar. Or, you know, marshmallows.

On the drydown: Oh no! It's gone play-dough-y! There's a hint of sugar still, but.. The play-dough scent dominates. Sadness!

Mom comment: "It smells soft.. Kind of sweet." When I told her the name of the perfume and that I thought it smelled like play-dough on me, she agreed there was a note of that in there, but that it "still smells marshmallowy".

Alas, I don't think this works with my skin chemistry.

Edited by sweetpessimism

Sniffed: Extremely pale yellow oil. Light vanilla and super-powdery powdered sugar. Powdery, not fluffy, to my nose - and surprisingly not that foody, sweet, or creamy.

Wet: More powdery, and sort of plastic, too - I'm reminded of powdered latex gloves. The vanilla has a fake edge, and this is even less sweet on my skin. It's not creamy, but there is a rancid waxiness that reminds me of shea butter.

Dry: Ok, now I'm totally reminded of suntan lotion, mixed with rancid wazy shea, a little fake vanilla, and loads of talcum powder from old latex gloves. It's not as horrendous as it sounds, but it's really not working for my skin chemistry.

Summary: Oh wait - it's PLAY DOH! That is what people mean by that! Yes, exactly play doh with a little sweet powder on top. No further morphing. Low throw, thankfully.

:(

I got a sniffie of this recently from a generous forumite :) Not somehting I would usually try since I haven't looked into the foodie bpal scents, but this is a pleasant, sugary scent. Decent throw. A bit of vanilla underneath the sugar buzz. Nice!

In the bottle, this is vanilla sugar.

Once I put it on, though, it smells EXACTLY like a marshmallow. :thud: Like I'm holding a big fat marshmallow up to my nose. Sweet, sugary, light, and I swear I can even smell the powdered sugar dust on the outside. This is utterly amazing. It stays the same on me from wet to dry, too.

Honest-to-God marshmallow. :yum: I just can't get over it. I need more!

Fruity marshmallow cherries! Smells more straight marshmallow in the imp, but dry I get a fruity smell. The closest fruit I can tag to this is cherries.

Definite vanilla. It is threatening to go plastic on me, but it doesn't completely. It definitely reminds me of Midway, but Midway never does this slight plastic on my skin. Huh, not for me.

Jeez, I hadn't realized I never reviewed this one.

My bottle is aged a few years but I dabbed some on right before I left for work. I went to embrace my soon-to-be-hubby and he said he smelled marshmallows. :lol:

It's pretty much all marshmallow with a touch of vanilla. Nice!

~

Sugary, melty vanilla marshmallows. :thud:

Marshmallow is one of my favorite foodie scents, and this doesn't disappoint. There's something pink about this, and I imagine this is what a pink Peep would taste like. Sometimes I smell coconut. This is delightful. It never got plasticky, it just stayed true from the decant to my skin and dry. :wub2:

This is the same vanilla/sugar note used in the original midway... the one that with age just goes plastic on me. It's a beautiful scent in the bottle and when wet, it's sugary pinky fluffy mallow goodness, but after the dry down period all I get is a french vanilla candle. Now I remember why I swapped my original bottle of midway... I was pondering and regreting that the other day, but no longer! I think I shall send this little mallow back out into the world of BPAL foodies!

Absolutely effing gorgeous. I've been looking for this for over two years and now it's here I can honestly say it truly lives up to its reputation. Floofy, powdery, gooey, sweet marshmallowy goodness. I totally get that 'pink' edge that people keep mentioning, but I'm not getting any of the fruit. I want to be embalmed in this. My new #1 favourite BPAL of all time.

In the imp, this is amazing. Gorgeous buttery vanilla fluffy marshmallows indeed. On my skin - plastic. Then it gets worse - burnt plastic. *sigh*.