Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Travelers Under a Tree Observed by Foxes

Really refreshing and light combination of bright, white-feeling scents, that coconut giving it a beachy feel to me, and I think this will be great for summer.

Travelers Under a Tree is an utterly delicate and lovely white tea with a delicate and lovely rice milk. It's lightly sweet – kind of like a coconut milk sweetness — and also turns a little astringent on my skin after a bit.

In drydown, the white tea becomes softer and the rice milk comes out more.

Light, simple, delicate, and probably suitable for office wear.

Delicate coconut rice milk. It's very subtle, very coconutty, very milky. Strangely demure but highly sophisticated.  Medium throw and wear length.

A yummy Thai milk boba tea shop experience. I absolutely LOVE the beginning stages, the coconut is sweet, mixed with a crystalline tea. The rice milk is delectable and makes it creamy and divine. Interestingly enough,  after some drydown time, it all turns to playdoh. A sweeter kind of doh, but yah, that's what it reminds me of, which I could see some people really enjoying. This would be interesting to test out to see other people's reactions. I bet they wouldn't be able to place it, yet it could give them happy, bubble tea youthful feelings. 

Edited by Jenjin

This is a very pretty and delicate milky coconut scent. The white tea adds some extra non-gourmand complexity and slight astringency, but it never goes loud. It reminds me a little bit of Lush's Furze perfume, but with more of a "white" aspect from the rice milk and tea. It has a summery feel to it, but I could also see this working in situations where you might want a more low-key scent. The only real drawback is the relatively short wear time (I needed to reapply around midday).

this is so pretty. this starts with mostly white tea with hints of the rice milk and coconut, then the rice milk gets stronger. the tea is light and sparkling and the rice milk is soft and grounding-it's kind of a mingling of opposites. after the drydown it's mostly a milky coconut scent. nice, soft, comforting. i think this would be a nice relaxing bedtime perfume.

This reminds me of an south east asian rice desert. On my skin, it has wonderfully slightly toasted vibe of milky rice coconut goodness. 

Very well put-together. Perfectly smooth blend right on application and doesn't morph. Doesn't scream coconut, if you were on the fence. Just a light, elegant smell. I wear it to work and my scent-sensitive coworker loves it. 

I threw a decant of Travelers in with my order on a whim, and then it became the one I was most excited to try over the wait time....

Starts out delightfully fresh from the white tea, yet also sweet and creamy. The tea disappeared quickly on me :cry: and the remaining coconut and rice milk was a too subtle sheen, almost watered-down for me to fully appreciate.
If the white tea had lasted, I feel like it would have been a perfect summertime scent! The notes are really lovely together, so I’m sure plenty of people will enjoy this blend. Maybe I’ll age the decant and revisit. 

This one starts off strong on the white tea and creamy rice milk. The bright white tea note doesn't disappear on me, but it is softened by the rice milk over time, and the bit of coconut husk with the rice milk makes it seem more lotion-like to me. It isn't too coconut-y, but it does stay close to the skin.

I'm glad I got to try this one, but it is a little too soft for me.

Edited by doomsday_disco