Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Like the Very Gods

Shuddering, sweat-warmed skin gleaming with sheer musk, honeyed olive blossoms, vanilla cedar, white sandalwood, and orris butter.

Edited by zankoku_zen

This one is a shifter. Smells different every time I sniff it. In the bottle there is that lovely incense note, white sandalwood, mixing so well with the orris butter. I also smell the honeyed olive blossoms. The vanilla cedar is so gentle, it's almost ghostly. Not picking up much musk at first, but as it fades it starts to come out. Overall, the smell is gentle, but maybe my nose has been sniffing too long. Haha

Edited by Rane.
*typo

Like the Very Gods is unique for my collection. It's woody, like an ancient dry tree in the sun. There is absolutely a warmth to the scent and I think of it as a summertime bottle. It stays close to the skin. I don't catch any honey, but the olive blossoms are there. 

Beautiful.  Fruity, golden, floral honey was my first impression.  The fruitiness made me think of warm, glowing peaches, but that wasn't quite right.  Looking at the notes, I realize what I'm smelling is olive blossom, the same note found in Defutata.  I'm also getting a touch of the skin musk, which, for once, is playing nice with me.  I don't get sandalwood or vanilla cedar, but perhaps those notes will strengthen once the blend settles in and ages some.  If you're worried about powdery orris, don't be.  Golden, sultry, sexy, and slinky close to the skin.

I've never quite understood the appeal of musks, but this one may have changed my mind. Very much a "my skin but better" blend, as if I've only been eating healthy fruits for ages and had an epic love sesh that worked me into a languid sweat. I suspect this will bloom beautifully in warmer weather under silky garments, appropriate for the office and date nights alike.

Gorgeous blend. From the first application, the sheer musk stands out, soothed and sweetened with honey and orris butter, warmed with cedar and vanilla. The olive flowers are also prominent, and I can find sandalwood if I go looking — a bit of pale, serene, grainy-wood presence at the bottom.

This has a Mediterranean vibe that is at once sexy and calming. It could be the scent of a Grecian beach populated with beautiful people wearing softly blowing white linen.

This doesn't change on me after drydown, except to soften considerably and... develop some fig? I'm not sure if it's how the other notes are combining on my skin, but sometime after this dries, I keep picking up fig.

Pleased to have gotten to try this one.

Edited by Casablanca

Olive blossoms over musk, cedar, and a whiff of sandalwood. Very Mediterranean in vibe, sexy and effortlessly cool. The equivalent of wearing white linen on against the adriatric blue of the sea. Medium throw and wear length.

In the decant: Orris butter and musk. Maybe a touch of sweetness.

On my skin:

I must be getting something of olive blossom, honey, and sandalwood because this is exactly the same vibe I love about Defututa though the particulars of the scent are a bit different. As it dries, I also get some of the skin musk love I get from La Petite Mort. What I'm actually feeling is what I experience sometimes the morning after I've worn Defututa the evening before (back when, you know, people went places in the evening). It's damn sexy.

Like, I love Defututa. I looooooovveee this. 

OH my this is STUNNING! A literal summer masterpiece. I'm a little confused by the notes, but perhaps my palette isn't as sophisticated as it could be. I don't have anything like this and am running to the lab because I need this in my life forever. I'm getting something like the smell of muscat grapes, plump and shiny on the vine. It must be the olive blossoms, which I don't have much experience with, but am in bespotted love. I've only got a bottle sniffy right now, and can't wait to slather. 

I called Fragment 38 from last year's Lupers Defututa 2.0. This is Defututa 3.0. It's a really lovely warm, sweetened skin musk with a distinct olive blossom note -- rich and floral, but not cloying or in-your-face. I can't specifically point out the sandalwood, cedar, or orris, but there's a depth to this scent that takes it beyond floral + skin musk territory; meanwhile, there's no powdery orris to be found here. Despite the light musk, olive blossom, and woods, I wouldn't call this a heavy scent -- I agree with the above reviewers that there's a summery, Mediterranean vibe to this scent. It's like they took the best parts of Defututa and Like A Girl and merged them. This'll definitely be a bottle purchase for me.