Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

It’s All I Have to Bring Today

In the bottle: a sweet, fresh bouquet of flowers.

Wet: That Honey Note! (I picked this up because I adore the Lab’s honey note, and I’ve been on the lookout for something similar to the discontinued “Tiger Lily”.) Wet, this is very much what I expected: that honey note with a strong, difficult to identify floral. Maybe baby’s breath-esque?

Dry: Amber comes out more on the dry down, but I’m not sure it plays well with the floral or my skin. The perfume turns into That Honey Note+some nondescript floral incense soap. When I sniff it, I feel like I’m cleaning out my mouth and nose with soap.

Edited by Arbitrary

This was much heavier than I expected it to be. Nothing breezy, and the wildflowers seem to have gone out. It's what I would call very strong honeyed amber dryer sheets on my skin. The description sounded so pretty, but this is definitely why I go for decants vs. bottles most of the time. 

Fresh, airy spring wildflowers scattered over a light, golden honey. This blend opens in a potent, glorious burst of Spring-whoa. Spring breezes, flowers, honey, all present and accounted for.

The drydown drifts into the realm of powdery, spring-breeze dryer sheets on my skin. Flowery, spring dryer sheets over a light, golden honey.

The amber comes out more after drying.

My first impression was definite bottle (!), but I may second-guess that later because of the powder. It brings white musk powder to mind.

This is beautiful.

I believe it is the same golden honey and wildflowers from Venus Verticordia, accompanied by a breeze note instead of dandelion. The amber breeze isn't as strong as the honeyed wildflowers on me, so while it threatens to go dryer sheet, it never manages to achieve it.

If I didn't already have two bottles of Venus Verticordia, I would be all over this one. I'll deathmatch the two just to be sure, but I think they may be too similar to warrant owning both. But if you wish you could get your hands on Venus Verticordia, grab this one, stat.

ETA: Deathmatched It's All I Have to Bring Today vs. Venus Verticordia today.

It's All I Have to Bring Today starts off with honeyed wildflowers accompanied by a gentle, clean breeze note, while Venus Verticordia starts off with a burst of dandelion. The honey in It's All I Have to Bring Today is sweeter and reminds me of the honey in The White Bees Swarming Hair Gloss, which I feel may have a bit of Snow White's sweet snow note in it. Once dry, they smell very, very similar because the wildflower note is the same and ends up being the dominant note after several hours.

Edited by doomsday_disco

I need to be careful with words like "breeze" and "wind" in scent descriptions. They almost always translate to ozone notes, which are headache triggers for me. I'm bummed that this one did not work for me, because it's got so much going for it with its realistic green spring flowers, and warm, floral honey. That's some of the nicest honey I've ever smelled in a perfume. I hope to encounter this honey in a non-breeze scent.

A green sweet floral with a definite ozone note. It feels almost fuzzy to me, conjuring up how some wildflowers feel.

Into the drydown, the amber comes into play. Non-powdery for me; this is a sunny amber evoking sunshine and warmth.

This ends up being a sweet and almost herbal amber that feels playful and close.

Fresh flowers, and a whiff of spring honey. Medium throw and wear length.