Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Golden amber and lotus blossom, cherry blossom and white teak, mallow root and wildflower honey.

Marshmallow, honey, touches of cherry blossom and amber. This one is a grown up sexy marshmallow smell. It's sweet, seductive, and naughty. Medium throw and wear length.

Pretty!!! Wildflower honey and amber is what I’m getting.  I don’t specifically smell the blossoms or the marshmallow, but I think they’re rounding the scent out with some creaminess.  This would pair nicely with the honey bath oils!

This is a wonderful example of why I love the Lupercalia releases; it's creamy and sweet, but not foodie, floral, but not harsh, and just really, really, balanced. One of my favorite Vulvas thus far!

I'm not sure I can get enough wildflower honey.

Sweet wildflower honey, creamy vanilla marshmallow, amber, pink-scented cherry flowers, and a touch of lotus. Pink lotus? That's about the order of strength for the notes on my skin at first.

The blend is creamy, honey-sweetened, and pink. The creamy vanilla and lotus part of it reminds me of the gentle blend Poor Monkey.

As this dries, the mallow calms down and blends in more. I really like it then.

When this is dry, I get an artful teak hint when I look for it. It does somehow smell like a pale teak and adds a little complexity. I like the way it works with the lotus.

This smells like kindness. 🙂 It keeps putting me in mind of Poor Monkey and its theme of compassion.

I'll need more of this one.

This is how I wish Litha smelled on me: golden, sweet but not cloying, pulsing with life, vaguely ethereal. It smells like the world waking up on a golden morning. 

It's beautifully blended, so everything is present but nothing particularly leads the show. I think a blind sniffer would always pin this as a honey scent, but may not be able to ID everything else.

This is a scent I could (and probably will) keep in my purse as an all-purpose option for when I'm running late and don't have time to choose a perfume at home. 

Oh, that's very pretty.  It has a similar feel to Enthusiastic Afternoon Liaison.  The lotus blossom is right up front, backed by a little hint of the cherry blossom.  Then everything is made husky and softly incensed by that amber and teak.  The mallow and honey add a thread of light sweetness, but the florals are the main players on my skin.  

Starts out very creamy with a salty note. (I tried it three times, and yep, there is a salty note in the beginning which quickly disappears.) The flowers soon come out.  They are neither lotus not cherry to me, but something nondescript, yet still very pretty.  (I know what  real lotus smell like and that is not this; also, I have been around many flowering cherry trees and I do not get a scent from the.  Maybe the American variety?  But I accept-happily- any note interpretation.) Dry down is a creamy and gently floral, with a gorgeous honey note. I am not picking up the teak.  Late dry down, I get almost a waxy quality, which pushes the scent up a few notches for me.  It is indeed rightly named, as it is an elegant scent. Beautiful!

Wet: Straight up wildflower honey, with a sprinkling of salt.

Dry: The salt has left the building! The wildflower honey is still the dominant scent, but I can smell some other floral note in there. (It's not reading as cherry or lotus blossom to me, though, that could just be because of the combination of notes.) Sweeter than the wet stage, as well.

A sweet, honeyed floral blend. I like it and it's quite pretty, but I think my decant will be enough.

Elegant Vulvas features a strong wildflower honey note. It's a floral honey scent (mainly the wildflower aspect of the honey -- I get a touch of cherry blossom, though) for three hours before the golden amber, teak, mallow, and lotus show up, making it a resinous lotus honey scent with a touch of creamy marshmallow. I vastly prefer this phase of the scent, when it is not all about the honey.

I do not need a bottle of this, because I would have liked the scent to become more complex sooner than it did, but I'll hang on to my decant for now and see if I like it more after it has had more time to settle. :)

I didn't think I would like this - both cherry and lotus blossoms are not my friends. But..Vulva! So I at least got a decant. As soon as I opened it though, I felt like I may regret not getting a bottle...

Wet: Lots of honey (and it's a gorgeous honey note) and marshmallow, bit of lotus, but not too strong. This is really nice. It's not utterly amazing on me, I don't need to rush off and buy many bottles, but I do think I may see if I can scoop another decant...I love honey so much, and this honey note is different than most. It's not floral like I expected, it's just....different. Hazing a hard time pinpointing it.

Dry: Still nice, but quite faint on me - honey dominant. If it were stronger, I would likely really want more, as I don't have a honey scent quite like this. Maybe it will strengthen with age.

hmm, what? at first i get something super nutty smelling...not sure what that could be at all. anyway, whatever it is, it's mixed with honey, amber and a bit of lotus. after awhile i get cherry blossom and mallow root and it's so pretty. for the most part the nuttiness has died down but i smell it subtly in the background a bit. this is mostly a honeyed cherry blossom, so pretty and springlike. 

Another beauty.

First words when I popped the decant "SEX." Isn't that funny? Golden glowing blossoms and amber colored honey. A little musky but I like it more than skin musk. Feels more real? Huh.

Bottle for sure. Excellent addition to the vulva collection.

ETA: There appears to be batch variations. I ordered a bottle from the lab after decant testing...its got more amber and mallow and cherry blossom and not predominantly honey this time.  This bottle is way awesomer than the decant.  Sweeter and richer! The oil is a reddish orange too...so more amber I guess?  Bottom of the hooch bottle win!! 

Edited by SophieCedar

Elegant indeed.  Slightly fruity amber with a touch of coconut.  I'm also getting some heavy duty lotus here. I am going to have to retest this tomorrow, as I have a patchouli blend on my wrist (Elegant flowers of the Prosperous 12 Seasons),and it is meshing very well with this one. I really didn't want to get another luper, though this *was* almost a blind bottle.  I should have listened to my gut.

Intensely floral honey! Just so much honey. Honey for daaaays. And that's even before I put it on my honey-amping skin! The amber comes out a bit once dry and I get that nutty note some others have smelled, but the wildflower honey dominates the entire time. This is very much like O on me but way more interesting.

In the decant: Um. Sexy marshmallow. Seriously. Marshmallow, amber, teak, lotus, and honey. Sexy. Damn. Marshmallow. 

On my skin:

Wet, the marshmallow note is at the forefront, though the amber is a strong supporter. I can also detect the honey. As it dries, the honey surpasses marshmallow as the starring scent, though marshmallow only dips down a notch. Amber and teak are content to provide a base to this fabulous showcase going on. Given time to develop, the amber and teak do begin to assert themselves just a bit, providing a little sturdier base to what is now an amazing honey blend. 

It reminds me most of the Snakes Basking... blend released this spring. Must be the wildflower honey note, which is apparently eyeroll-swoonworthy on me. 

Not gonna lie. I just bought a bottle of this in another tab while I was testing and reviewing. Currently searching the site for all other blends containing wildflower honey. 

But, as final thoughts -- This is a very nicely structured honey scent. The amber and teak ground it. The marshmallow root and lotus blossom (I never do get cherry blossom, but that is a Thing with my skin chemistry) add greater complexity at the higher end of the note spectrum. Both of these actions allow the honey to shine on me but keep it from becoming too sweet or cloying. 

A+++. Would vulva again. 

In the bottle: Slightly herbal marshmallow and honey.

Wet on my skin: Sweet, honeyed marshmallows and a wisp of lotus. 

Dry: Wildflower honey and marshmallow, primarily, with the amber and teak providing a gentle but solid base so the lighter notes aren't overly light and fleeting, and also not excessively sweet. The lotus and cherry blossoms contribute more to the floral aspect of the honey than they do as individual notes, but I can pick them out if I take a deep, analytic sniff. There's also something a little bit...musky/salty, barely there, but I definitely get something like a salty skin musk (sweat?) underneath the sweet marshmallow and floral honey. It's not unpleasant, though--exactly the opposite, in fact. I really like this perfume. It's quite beautiful, and my ONLY complaint is that it isn't very strong on my skin. Some aging should fix that, so I'm not too worried. 

Wow! Syrupy, golden honey, with gorgeous florals: bubblegum-sweet lotus, girly pink cherry blossom. Plus a sugary, powdery marshmallow. This is a floral that I ADORE. It's love and happiness in a bottle.

In the bottle, I definitely pick up the lotus blossom. It's pretty, but it unfortunately reminds me too much of my mother-in-law, so off to sales it goes.

There are probably too many "blossoms" in the description for Elegant Vulvas to work on me, but it's a vulva, so I gave it a try.  This is one of those sweet creamy florals that star in the lupers, and the lotus makes it a little too bubblegum sweet for me (teak is also the sweetest wood note on my skin), but I appreciate what a beautiful scent it is.  On me it's mainly lotus and marshmallow honey with cherry blossom; the amber and teak take some time to develop.  This scent evokes the temptation of girlish innocence.