Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Sweet brandy, dark rum, heavy cream, sugar, and a dash of nutmeg.

eggnog.jpg

Bottle: Very boozy (mmm, rum and brandy), with a sweet creaminess underneath. This doesn't strike me as the lab's typical rum note, which often seems butterscotchy to me (and also often goes to plastic with my chemistry).

Wet: A very creamy sweet vanilla, with booze and a wallop of nutmeg that hits you at the end (mmm, I LOVE nutmeg). I have to say, it lacks that “egginess” of egg nog, even though its delish.. For a little bit, while its drying, I get a hint of that plastic-ness that some creamy/rummy/vanilla scents do on me, but it doesn't stick around (yay!).

Dry: Why is the rum gone? Why is the rum always gone? j/k. But yes, the booze goes away, and I'm left with a buttercream icing, cake batter and nutmeg scent. :yum: About 5-6 hrs later its hanging around as an almost marshmallow-y creamy sweet scent, no more spice.

Overall: This is delicious. Unfortunately, its very light, and has almost zero throw on me. As delicious as it is, I don't see myself wearing it often. It'd be a nice comfort scent, except that I can’t smell it unless I have my nose pressed to my wrist. I was so excited about this one when it was re-released, especially with my nutmeg love, but its just too subtle. And since I'm trying to stop my hoarding, I think I'll pass this bottle on to a less-neglectful home.

Yummy, yummy! It really is egg nog!

Wet, this is the epitome of the most decadent, rich alcoholic egg nog! I never get a true boozy note from BPAL "booze", but this time it sure is the hard stuff! Rum and brandy with thick, sweet, eggy cream and nutmeg!

The only problem is that within 15 minutes, this fades to very faint plastic vanilla :P . I will have to try it in a scent locket, since it rocks while wet!

Edited by birdiefu

oh my gosh this was amazing on my skin for like five seconds and then it disappeared :P it was so yummy and i wish it lasted a lot longer on me.

Eggnog 2007

All I can say is that I like to smell eggnog, I like to smell like eggnog, but I actually hate drinking it.

This is definitely boozy eggnog, heavy on the rum, sweetened with cream and sugar and has a touch of spice.

Absolutely yummy on my skin, but as most foody blends go, this lasts for about an hour and then my skin eats it up.

2007 version:

In the bottle, this is astoundingly like real egg nog. It is incredibly rich and boozy with a bite, like someone added just a little too much rum! This one doesn't last very long on me at all. Husband and I decided to decorate the house for Christmas tonight so I put some on to get into the holiday spirit and by the time we were done decorating--about two hours--the scent was almost totally gone. Usually BPAL scents will linger on my skin for hours but there is no trace of this one now. Either way, while it lasts, it's very yummy and definitely appropriate for the holidays!

In the bottle: brandy, rum and sweet cream - like Christmas pudding! I've never tasted egg nog (it's not common in Europe), so I don't know what this is supposed to smell like! But it reminds me of Bailey's Irish Cream.

Wet on skin: brandy and rum and cream - with a dash of nutmeg. Yummy! I can't smell any egg, but this is just as described. There's some vanilla here too - which combined with the cream, makes me think of Love's Philosophy. There's also a suggestion of Beaver'versary here.

Dry on skin: a sweeter version of the thick, heavy cream note from Love's Philosophy, with vanilla and just a little nutmeg. The booze is fading into the background, but still detectable as a dark richness behind the cream. Fairly short wear length.

Verdict: yummy!

Bottle: creamy sugar goodness! A hint of booze; in the bottle it reminds me of Underpants.

Wet: It smells like eggnog. Rich and creamy and eggy and delicious. I can smell the nutmeg, too.

Dry: Weird, sort of a nutty note as it's drying down. But it's still om nom nom.

Wet: Just like egg nog.

First on: Spiked egg nog, heavy on the nutmeg.

Dry: Very sweet and perfect egg nog. ♥

Hmm.. not getting much from the imp.. rum, maybe?

After applying it almost immediately turns into play-doh. It doesn't change after that. Sad, because I loooove me some egg nog. :(

It smells exactly like eggnog. At first you get a good whiff of the rum but it soften very quickly. It's not really boozy and I can smell the nutmeg and an egg creaminess with a faint sweet alcohol in the background ... and playdoh. It's not a strong scent, it has a light throw.

Alright, I have to say that at the beginning, this was like a vanilla creamy plastic. Little booze.

Now that I've had it on for an hour, it DOES smell like Egg Nog - although very very faint, and almost no throw. Which is sad, since it smells pretty delicious.

You know what?? I've never had Egg Nog before haha! I know..shock horror. But after this I think I'm gonna have to try it.

This is so lovely. It's somewhat light. but still yum!

The wet stage is a burst of vanillary spice, and a tiny bit of booze. It kind of reminded me of burnt sugar but much lighter.

This lasts for about 10 mins and then all the spize and booze dissapears and I now smell like vanilla custard. It's a bit plasticy...but I really really like it. It's such a shame the throw is not so good. This i a close to the skin scent. I deffo feel like I wanna slather this it big quantities on myself. I don't have a bottle though and my imp is now gone for the day because I had to re-apply so much.

The dry stage is a soft, sweet, eggy custard sort of vanilla that smells almost edible. I want more of this so I can bathe in it. YUM!

This is a perfect blend of nutmeg and cream and sweetness. There's also a kick, which I suspect is the rum... for me, this is a slightly less sharp version of Bah!, and I did love Bah quite a bit, so this pleases me. I've never actually tried Egg Nog, but if it tastes anything like this smells, sign me up.

I recieved this as a swap and I was pretty psyched to slather it all over myself. It's about 90 degrees here in ol' VT today so I want to walk around smelling like egg nogg!

In the bottle: rich, potent brandy cream and nutmeg. This definately smells like real egg nogg!

Wet on skin: sugary, creamy nutmeg. Warm and enveloping...

Dry on skin: some of the spice, not really much of the cream left. My skin seems to eat this up, much like it does with Lait De Chevre. I can't wait to put this in an oil diffuser!!!!!! Insta xmas.

Wet: Butterscotch! Which fades in a moment into a sweet, creamy vanilla custard smell. Yummy.

Dry: The spices come out to play, and it's a sweet spicy vanilla on me. I don't get a hint of rum (unless it was that initial butterscotch smell), but I still smell like spicy Christmas deliciousness, which is exactly what I wanted. :joy:

Note: This scent doesn't have a lot of throw on me, but it lingers all day.

Well i have Egg Nog 2007, wich is creamy sweet custard it is Egg Nog!!! perfect scent i love to wear this a lot!

So when i saw the 2010 version i did not hesitate to buy that 1 aswell.

Just got it fresh from the mailbox:

From bottle: smells sweet creamy vanilla custard, Egg Nog!!!!!!!

Wet: for me it smells almost the same as the 2007 version lovely sweet creamy yummy ness !!!!!! :wub2:

Dry: Still stays sweet and creamy lovelyness, but i did smell a hint of burned plastic??? :cry2:

10 min's later: Atm i only smell a very faint and light Egg Nog wich is not that bad because this ages perfect!

Not detecting the burned plastic anymore, i will ignore it for now.

(i love this scent to much to write it off)

Overal: i do think ageing this baby will make it divine !! :wub2:

Edited by Icekitten

This is making my mouth water. I absolutely adore egg-nog and though I was worried about smelling too eggy or boozy, I really don't. The vanilla carries everything so well, sweetens it and quietens the rum down. I can't stop huffing my wrists!

2010: This is so yummy in the vial. It sure does smell like egg nog but without an overly dairy smell. Wet, it's more sugary. There's a touch of rum but it isn't overpowering or strong at all, like there is just enough rum to taste. I haven't had it on my skin for even a minute and it's already fading away. It's only been a few minutes and I really need to smell up close in order to smell anything at all. Smells awesome but I just wish it were stronger!

2010:

Egg Nog was, once, one of my FAVORITE blends. However, I think my skin chemistry is changing as I age! On me, this is dairy dairy dairy heavy heavy cream and just a bare hint of rum. It's very heavy and almost cloying on me.

It's yummy, definitely, but it's almost TOO close to perfect in terms of matching the scent of real egg nog! I ended up rehoming my bottle, but I want to reiterate that it really does smell yummy...just....TOO yummy!

Edited by AnArtfuldodger

Wet, the rum and brandy were noticeable. Several minutes in, though, the alcohol seems to have vanished and I am left with a sweet creamy spicy scent. It doesn't list vanilla, but, given how my skin behaves I'm not surprised that it smells like there may be some there.

Subtle, creamy and sweet. 2010 version.

Want.. to.. nom.. arm.. wait don't!

Wet: heavy cream and brandy with a dash of nutmeg and a sweet eggy note. Smells exactly like egg nog!

Drydown: same! I'm salivating. Need to get off the computer and forage for nog now. bye.

In the Bottle: Very boozy and slightly sweet

Wet on Skin: Brandy with underlying sweetness

While Drying: Something reminds me of Bocal de Sang for a bit - must be the booze and spices.

After a Little While: The Boy says it smells like baked goods. To my nose, it smells foody, but a little odd, and not really like egg nog.

Later: Lovely lingering subtle nutmeg; Much later, there is a skin-close but incredibly delicious, sweet, creamy scent. I wish it smelled like this from the start!

Final Thoughts: I have never been a huge fan of drinking egg nog, in spite of our Famous Family Recipee, but the scent in the bottle smells like real, home made egg nog, not the crummy stuff from the grocery store. Unfortunately, my skin does something odd to this scent, and I'm not patient enough to wait around for the final delicious scent.

Egg Nog earns a 2/5 during the early phases, and a 4/5 for the final scent.

(2010 version)

Smells exactly like egg nog, and is WAY too sweet for me. Foody scents this sweet go cloying and sickening on me. In that way it reminds me of much of Mother Shub's bakery items from last year. Ironically, her egg nog type scent (Spiced Lait de Chèvre) was the one from last year that wasn't too sweet for me.

If you like egg nog and you like very sweet foody scents, you should like this. It's just too much for me.

Definitely true to its scent name, but a little on the Christmas candle side for me :/