Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Love pain-ecstatic, cruel-sweet: gold-flecked honey amber pulsating with red musk, patchouli coeur, bourbon vanilla, inky vetiver, pomegranate rind, myrrh, blackened violet leaf, and blood red rose petals.

white witch is bright and sweet and FUCHSIA.

normally pom scents are not on my radar (I'm drawn to scents featuring rich resins and musks and tobaccos) but this scent has won me over. it's vibrant and fruity with out being cloying. a little musky and a little gritty to keep it interesting and wearable to someone of my tastes (see previous parenthesis) i really like this, even though it might not make it into a full bottle purchase. it's a very happy and pretty scent.

Edited by annemathematics

Initially it was mostly amber, musk, and roses. There was a touch of darkness - probably the vetver - and a dribble of fruitiness.

It warmed to sweet vanilla and heady amber with roses, but the musk, patchouli, and vetiver kept the roses from going haywire on my skin (which usually happens). The pomegranate rind and violet leaf were there in the background, but faintly. My skin tends to amp amber in the best way, so it took precedence. The other notes gave it a sweetness, richness, and spiciness though which was gorgeous. Finally something with a floral that I actually like!

This is a nice red musk, playing well with everything else, not just stomping around and taking over.

Edit : I don't get it. Clearly it was fine when I got it, but after resting a couple weeks, it's turned into pure evil. All I smell is that top note of molasses from Black Taffetta, and herbal who knows what, like the same thing as Witch's Garden, frimps of which have gone straight into the oil burner. Blergh. This is so sad...I had to dig up my sales thread for this one.

Edited by stellamaris

Oh White Witch, how I love you! This has to be the very best scent from the entire 'Weenie release.

In the bottle I get resins with red musk and a kiss of vetiver. When I apply it to my skin, the wet stage is a gentle red musk sweetened by pomegranate and smoky resins. As it dries, the rose blossoms on my skin (I amp rose). In final dry down, it's an almost edible rose petal with a well-behaved red musk and balanced resins. White Witch can be summed up as sugared rose petal incense! :lovestruck:

Even though I amp rose, the floral component never dominates in this perfume. If you're afraid of rose, don't let that scare you away. This is mostly a resin blend to my nose.

Red musk is the star of this scent, and everything that surrounds it makes it more delicious and huffable. It's like Smut and Queen of Clubs had a sexy royal baby. I love it!

I can totally see this comparison too! (minus the dirt note from QoC)

A few years ago, I'd never have even given The White Witch a chance, so sure was I that vetiver was bottled doom. And I would have missed out on something really great--I love The White Witch, and I don't even smell a smidge of vetiver anyway. I'm so glad I got a bottle of this.

The dominant notes on me are the red musk, rose, and pomegranate. The throw is incensey, while close to the skin I get the juicy pomegranate on top of some red musk and a really lovely rose cloud. The amber, I think, is doing the same thing on me that it does in Spellbound; it doesn't really make itself known, but adds a warm roundness to everything and also sort of acts as a fixative, getting the lighter notes to stick around longer than they ordinarily would.

Comparing oils to a fave like Spellbound is kind of a double-edged sword; if it smells like that, I like it, but if it smells too much like it, it's redundant. White Witch really hits the sweet spot. It's enough like Spellbound to be in the same scent family, but it's distinct and makes its own name for itself--plus I think this is a different rose note, a lighter one. I think it's the pom that does it. I think I'll be wearing this a lot. And it's not heavily seasonal at all--you can wear this year-round. It's also not dark or gloomy. If I were to associate it with a color, it would be pink.

this one starts off with pure red musk and then the honey amber comes through pretty quickly, with some violet leaf seconds later. after a few minutes i get something a little woody as well as rose. soon it gets sweeter- like a very thick red musk with roses and vanilla and probably some pomegranate. i think i am getting a hint of something dark in the background which is probably patchouli but possibly vetiver. however, overall ,it's a thick honeyed red musk with florals and a bit of fruit. after awhile it gets very sweet and fruity on me (I think i amp pomegranate sometimes?) and it's just too sweet for me, so i will be swapping this one.

Edited by theseagrows

The White Witch reminds me of Crypt Queen (pomegranate, patchouli and rose) only much more light and wearable. .The black pepper and blood accord in Crypt Queen didn't

work too well for me so I'm glad that White Witch is a lovely resinous pomegranate I will be happy to wear.

Edit....on aging the red musk and amber take over with the pomegranate adding sweetness. A lovely, spicy blend.

Edited by Bulletslc

In the imp: A very pulsating and red smell, reminds me a tiny bit about Mme. Moriarty, but this is even dirtier!

On: Red musk, myrrh and patchouli first of all, closely followed by vetiver and the pom. From far away I can smell the rose. A dark red rose, velvety and sinister. Up close though all I can smell is violets.

The White Witch is a deep and heady scent, perfect for dark rainy autumn nights.

Wet, this is very strong musk. In the background there is a bit of pomegranate fizz. On the drydown, it's quite lovely, as the notes begin to mingle together and the vanilla rose and patchouli make an appearance. This actually kind of reminds me a bit of Blood popsicle once dry, with that fizzy pomegranate fruit.

Wet this is SO POMEGRANATE. Fruity mcfruit fruit.

After a while it's a powdery rose, with barely a hint of that ruby red fruit (you have to hunt). Rolls down again hours later into that almost grape Smut musk.

Overall, too much feminine punch in the first and second stages, and too much soft kid grape at the end.

Edited by unxolve

2015 version.

In the bottle: Almost boozy pomegranate-musk.

Wet on my skin: Musk, musk, musk. Bit o' patchouli.

Dry: This is definitely red musk dominant on my skin. At this stage, I'm a little disappointed in it, but I'm hoping it will improve with age. Beneath the musk, I can smell some patchouli and amber, and just a tiny hint of pomegranate and fuzzy violet, which is thankfully not enough to turn the whole thing into shampoo. I'm not getting any rose, vetiver, honey, myrrh, or vanilla, which is why I am disappointed. HOWEVER, I'm willing to keep it around a while to see if those notes come out with some age, because I don't give up that easily. And it is rather nice, still, if I'm looking for a good red musk dominant blend. I'd normally prefer The Ifrit for that, but this is softer and more feminine, which could be good for some occasions where I can't wear something as spicy-sexy.

v2015

In the bottle, I get mostly violet, patchouli, and red musk, but it changes significantly when on my skin. Actually, I tend to get different notes each time I wear it.

Wet, the pomegrante comes to the forefront with red musk adding sexiness in the background. I think I smell the rose too, but it blends with the pom to bring down the overall fruitiniess. I wouldn't call this a rose scent.

This lasts a good while with different notes swirling in at different stages, the last being a very sexy amber and vanilla. Overall, I'd say this is a medium weight incense blend, but the tart pomegranate really takes it up a notch. I bet it will age well too. Probably gonna need a bottle, darn it.

Edited by VetchVesper

Wet, this is very pomegranate dominant on me.

Dry - still pomegranate. A dark, tangy pomegranate. I'm not getting hardly any of the other notes. A bit of musk if I huff really hard, nose to skin.

This fades really quickly and is almost gone within the hour on me. Quite pleasant, but doesn't really do much for me. Unfortunately I think this one is destines for the swap pile.

2015 version:

It starts out sweet, but not like fruit to my nose, at all. More like something woodsy -- like amber -- in fact the scent smells deep red-gold to me, if that makes any sense. An hour later and if I huff deeply, I get smoky, resinous notes that are very pleasant -- my kind of incense notes. Indeed it really just does remind me of warm, golden incense, and for some reason I keep wanting to come back to dragon's blood. It is not as strong now, but is still pretty detectable, so probably has decent longevity. It has a small amount of throw, but nothing too strident, to my nose.

I said it once, and I'll say it again. This is Hellion. Side by side comparison, wet to dry, berries, musk and lovely spice. This years version same as last years, surprisingly. WIN.

This is very fruity on me, and I love it. It was a frimp from a lovely forumite and I tested blindly, without even looking up the notes first, and I'm glad I did. I typically don't enjoy red musk OR roses, so I probably would have skipped this one, and that would have been a shame, because I honestly don't get either of those notes. It's all patch and pomm on me, and I'm HUGE fan of patch mixed with fruits (A shadow in the Elevator, for example, or Hellion, as other reviewers mentioned, are in the same scent family as this one, to my nose anyway, and those are two of my favorite scents evarrrrr).

(5 minutes later, the rose starts to peek its head out, but it takes a backseat to the fruit, so it's not overwhelming. I hate roses, but can still wear and love this perfume, so if you've been avoiding it due to the rose, give it a shot! You might be surprised.)

Think it's time to upgrade to a bottle for this one!

Red musk dominates as usual, with the pomegranate adding its weird, powdery sweet tarts candy thing to the overall red and fruity feel of the red musk. As it dries down, the patchouli and vetiver are noticeable, adding a dark, earthy, smoky edge to the musk. For some reason, this smells sort of flat and ashy to me. Pomegranate rarely works on me, though.

I unearthed an imp of this from the miscellaneous box - forgot I ever had it, even after noting that I was interested in the scent after the last few Lab releases! Not sure the year, but it's probably 2015 at the latest so it's certainly well-aged. :laugh:

I like, or think I like, all of the notes in this blend so I was super excited to try it. Well, it was a super letdown. The scent is indeed very well-blended, and I'm not enough of a connoisseur to know what each individual note smells like, but for the life of me I could not pick out a single solitary note from the blend. From wet to dry, the scent was some level of dark, incense-y fruit. As it dried, it got jammier, so the end result was like a dark, stone fruit jam with resiny incense. Not a bad scent objectively, but much sweeter than I prefer, and not at all what I was expecting.

white witch definitely exceeds expectations. from the notes i expected a sweet fruity floral, which this definitely is, but in such a lovely way. in the bottle it’s just like a vague sweetish blend. i think it must be the red musk/pomegranate coming to light first because i honestly thought red wine was a note and red musk can sometimes come thru that way for me.

on at first it’s very similar to the bottle scent, and then as it dries it just settles and unfolds itself beautifully as a very elegant, perfumey, well blended scent. it starts to amp pretty strongly as well so i keep getting wafts of it as i’m walking around. it reminds me of a classic perfume in the sense that i can envision this on a 1950’s femme fatale going out on the town or lounging around after dark. 

this is so well blended that i can’t pick out any single note to identify. not even rose, which i love but sadly my skin can turn almost any blend with a drop  of it into a rose single note. not so here, just a dark floral touched with a hint of tartness without being fruity. there is also a sense of green stemminess that isn’t grasslike but verges on it. it sits right under the floral/fruit and imo keeps it from becoming too cloyingly sweet