Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

LOVE
Marker on craft paper, 2012
This is a card for my daddy. I spelled it by myself.
Marshmallows and rose sugar with whipped vanilla cream and a hint of strawberry.

Love

Amazing. I get a healthy dose of marshmallow and strawberry for a moment, and then these notes quickly fade into the background. The rose then comes out to play for good. End result is sugared vanilla cream with "rose essence". It's soft and sweet; the rose is there but not sharp at all. I love this! Edited by cupide430

Amaaaaaaaazing. I receive 0% strawberry, but all sweet marshmallow, whipped cream, and rose. It's like, I think my nose is falling off from this being precisely what I hoped it would be. I love rose, I love sugar, but I wasn't totally in love with Hope -- this is like Hope to the 3rd degree. Hope3. Sticky sticky sticky candied candy candy rose rose rose covered in marshmallow mallow mallow goo. Throw is moderate and inoffensive (except possibly to those sensitive to sugar and/or rose), dries to mostly dusty rose petals with an echo of cream.

Love3.

Amaaaaaaaazing. I receive 0% strawberry, but all sweet marshmallow, whipped cream, and rose. It's like, I think my nose is falling off from this being precisely what I hoped it would be. I love rose, I love sugar, but I wasn't totally in love with Hope -- this is like Hope to the 3rd degree. Hope3. Sticky sticky sticky candied candy candy rose rose rose covered in marshmallow mallow mallow goo. Throw is moderate and inoffensive (except possibly to those sensitive to sugar and/or rose), dries to mostly dusty rose petals with an echo of cream.

Love3.

Upon initial application: Captain Crunch Crunchberry Cereal. With a hint of rose. Love it!!!!!

In the bottle: The perfect blend of exactly what it says on the tin (so to speak). Strawberry sugar and rose, with a hint of marshmallow.

Wet on wrist: Rose powder.

On the drydown: Rose powder, leaning towards baby powder.

I think this is just a skin thing -- in the bottle it smells DIVINE so I'm willing to bet it's me that's turning it to powder!

This is so fluffy and pink! On my skin it is mostly soft fuzzy rose petals and marshmallow. It is not an overpowering, soapy rose at all. The strawberry is there in the background tying it together, but I wouldn't call this a strawberry scent. I feel like this scent should be an ice cream flavor that I would buy gallons of.

eta: After about 15 minutes on this does develop a bit of a plastic smell to it. Like a scented doll I had as a child. I'll likely keep the decant, but I don't foresee this becoming a bottle purchase.

eta 2: Surprisingly, I did buy a bottle of this. It's a little plasticy but I just keep wearing it anyway. It's like a hotline to the happier times in my childhood. I know I had a toy that smelled like this, I just can't remember what it was.

Edited by SadariEvenstar

Totally my favorite of all the Lilith Exhibition scents!!!! creamy, sweet, soft with just a hint of rose and light strawberry! Perfect. If this ever became a Hair Gloss I would buy bottles of it.

I agree with the comparison to Hope. That's exactly what sprung to mind when I 1st applied. The rose sugar can be reallllyyy strong, dominating the blend, if over-applied on my skin...so I dabbed here & there lightly to allow the marshmallow, vanilla, and strawberry to appear. Color impression is sheer luminescent light-pink & off-white

Overall, this is a wonderful scent. sweet, creamy, rosy, lighthearted, comforting, joyful. Glad I bought 2 bottles unsniffed. :wub2:

This is quite beautiful and probably my favourite of the April Fool's update. There's a lot of sugared rose from beginning to end, and it is similar to Hope. There's some strawberry in the wet stage too, with the vanilla and marshmallow in the background. Love is love! :wub2:

A lot like Hope with strawberries upon first application. I amp rose, so that takes over and then maybe it breaks my nose because everything else seems to disappear into an olfactory blind spot or something.

But it sure was sweet and pretty before my skin chemistry went haywire with the rose.

I'm positive this is delicious on the right person!

I love Love! It's sweet and pretty and very girly! Marshmallows and sweet roses and strawberries, whats not to love? :wub2:

Initially, this smells quite sweet - mostly marshmallow, but then Love blooms into something truly divine. After a few minutes, the vanilla starts to come thru, along with a beautiful fluffy strawberry scent.

Oh, this scent is gorgeous. And Pink. At least thats my impression of this lovely liquid.

Sniff from decant: Sweet, pale, lovely marshmallow and strawberry. The strawberry is very nice, not overpowering like some fruit scents are for me.

On Skin: foodies fade instantly and left with a creamy rose scent. Must be the vanilla playing with the rose.

Dry down: Stays true, but think it is not for me. Seems most florals got "granny" on me. Was hoping this would be different, but that is ok...

Sniffing from the imp, I get a perfect embodiment of an "I love you Daddy" picture drawn by a little girl: innocent and sweet, fluffy-pink vanilla marshmallow, strawberry, and soft rose. It's quite divine, actually.

My skin, however, is not nice to sugary scents and strawberry is often problematic, too. Here it develops a distinct plasticky edge that taints the innocent perfection of the smell from the imp. I still get that prettiness underneath, but I dislike the overtone when I'm wearing it.

Phooey to you, skin chemistry.

I'd bet my life this is fantastic on lots of people...just not me, sadly.

Love is complicated!

I really liked the way it started off! I thought it was love at first sniff. It was warm and cuddly - the kind of vanilla that makes me think of the holidays and buttered (unsalted) popcorn. Then, out of nowhere, the rose and strawberry attacked! I was all confused! I was just about to settle into this comfy, sweet scent, and BAM! Nose confusion! It became mostly rose with random hints of vanilla.

Anyway, I think it's just like for now. I'll have to wear it a few more times to decide if it's Love.

The first time I sniffed Love, my eyes rolled back in my head a bit. Wow, this is good. Wet, it is all sweet rose, which is so lovely, and on the skin it is SO pretty. Like a delicate dessert with soft cream and fresh strawberries and edible rose petals dusted with sugar. It is youthful and sophisticated at the same time, not quite foody and not quite floral, so I would agree with "complicated" as a good descriptor. I really love Love and I might need a bottle, or two. :wub2:

edit to add: This is very similar to Sweet Vanilla Rose, one of my favorite D/Cd etailer scents. Mmmmm.

Edited by Leopard403

Love is my favourite from the Lilith exhibition scents. I can smell all the notes here the marshmallow, vanilla, rose and strawberry. It starts out with a lot of marshmallow and I think that it is the most dominant out of all the notes, the next main note for me is the strawberry, so it definitely smells like strawberry marshmallows, or pink jelly beans :wub2: I do get a hint of the rose and vanilla as it dries down. This is a really girly scent and it reminds me of being a kid so I am considering buying a bottle just for the nostalgia that Love evokes.

wet: strong rose and strawberry jam, they're about even strong and sweet. This smells very Girly, young and pink.

dry: wafts of rose (like that of whip, strawberry, vanilla and marshmallow. Dry the notes blend together nicely. it has decent throw.

I had forgotten the description when I put this on, and after a few minutes, I was thinking 'wasn't one of them sugared rose? This must be the sugared rose.

Because it is the perfect blend of white, billowy sweet and pink roses. I don't particularly like rose, not n my skin, but I love this blend.

I can detect all of the notes in the decant, but the vanilla-marshmallowy goodness is the most prominent.

Wet: Once it is on my skin, the vanilla marshmallowy goodness starts to go away really quickly, and the sugary rose and the strawberry are the dominant notes. I was wary of ordering a bottle unsniffed because of the strawberry (despite all of the other notes being pure win). I am happy to report that the strawberry compliments the rose, and it is not at all an artificial, cloying strawberry scent, either. If you are worried about this blend because of the 'hint of strawberry,' don't let it scare you away!

Dry: This remained as a sugary-rose with strawberry for a really long time, but the vanilla-marshmallowy goodness peeked out after wearing it for almost 10 hours. The vanilla/marshmallow phase stays rather close to the skin, though.

Verdict: As a huge fan of sugary-florals, I'll definitely be needing a bottle of this!

Edited by dementia_divine

This one is definitely a morpher on me! The first hour it was on the smell was different every time I sniffed my wrist.

In the vial: marshmallows galore!

Wet on skin: Kind of like roasted marshmallows, maybe almost popcorn, which is strange since that wasn't listed.

During dry down: This almost immediately starts turning into a sweet rose and strawberry scent with both competing to take the lead. At times this absolutely screamed strawberry and at other times all I could detect was a sweet rose.

Dry on skin: This is still very much a sweet, rosy, strawberry after the first hour. It has mellowed down from the bright, neon, hot pink that it was into more of a deep rosy pink.

After 6 hours this still has a very good throw and is easy to smell. It's now mostly a sweet powder but I can get a bit of strawberry from it if I really search for it.

This is a very pretty scent. It's girlish and sweet yet somehow a little sophisticated. I really like it, but that screaming strawberry in the middle and the powdery part at the end make me second-guess a bottle. I'll have to try it again another day and see how I feel then.

First on, Love is like a sugar dipped rose with a cakey vanilla and strawberry jam. I love the rose when first applied, but the rose fades into the background rather quickly. The drydown is fluffy, sugary vanilla/marshmallow with a hint of pink, candy strawberry and sugared rose. Very sweet, fun and girly. It might be a bit too sweet for me to wear a lot, but I think I'm going to order a full bottle of this one for when I'm in the mood for a sugary, fun, fruity rose. I think it's a really happy, fun, uplifting sort of scent.

ETA: I ordered a second bottle of this after deciding that it was my clear favorite of the Tremulous Song series and it's become one of my pick-me-up scents. And my new bottle smells nothing like the old (one month older) one. The new one is sour, watery rose and a hint of cinnamon. I made a rule that I wouldn't order multiple bottles of bpal anymore because there are always huge 'variations' when I do, and I broke it because this was becoming one of my cheer-me-up scents. So disappointing... My second bottle is not really sweet at all.

I don't understand how I get one bottle of Love that's strong marshmallow and strawberry with a hint of sweet rose and then the second bottle is watery, sour rose and no sweet notes. I've worn the two side by side on separate wrists and they're not the same scent.

I feel wrong even reviewing bpal fragrances anymore, because it seems like whatever I receive & review is not going to be the same fragrance that other people might get... I think that Love is going to be the last bottle that I purchase from this company. The 'variations' are just too huge for me to ignore anymore.

Edited by Little Bird

This was the scent I was planning on buying unsniffed. I am glad I didnt because now I am almost positive I won't need a bottle.

Right as I opened the imp I smelled the soft creamy rose. As soon as it hit my skin the rose came forward a bit more and I was stumbling over what the eff this reminded me of.

Then I realized. This smells almost IDENTICAL to Lush's Rose Jam scent. I have bottles of the LE perfume spray and I hardly ever wear that anyways. It is a lovely scent, a bit more rose compared to Lush's RJ scent and I do like it more as a perfume oil than alcohol based like the Lush scent. But alas I don't need more of it!

It is LOVELY. If anyone here loves Lush's Rose Jam scent you will love this.

Love is a beautiful creamy vanilla/strawberry. I'm not getting any rose yet, but that may come out if the strawberry fades a bit. I was afraid of the "creamy" part of the description, as cream and milk scents do not do well on me--but this may be the exception. It's just all yummy vanilla strawberry! Unless it goes really crazy on the drydown, this is a bottle purchase for sure.

I had my fingers crossed for this one, but it didn't end up working for me.

Rose is not a good note for me generally, as it can amp and take over a scent and turn it a bit soapy.

This goes on very heavily marshmallow, pink and chewy and sweet, but the marshmallow and rose combine to do something very dry and powdery. I never really detected any strawberry or vanilla or cream, just a sugary marshmallow rose that's very pink and girly and powdery.

The drydown was pure powder, but it fortunately didn't last too long on my skin (which seemed true of many of the scents I tried in this series, for me).

Huge :wub: to my friend Klepz for gifting me a decant of this!

So yeah.. it's all been said already - this is one of those BPALs that smells exactly as you expect it's going to :smile:

Because I amp rose like a boss, that's pretty much what Love ends up smelling like on me - at first it was all fluffy marshmallow, vanilla and strawberry deliciousness but then... dun dun dun... out comes the rose, and that was the beginning of the end. Over time, the rose just got stronger and stronger until it's all I can smell. BOO! As far as rose goes, it's pretty nice - quite soft, and sweet, but still ROSE. It reminds me of Pink Snowballs, but with strawberry added and less vanilla. If that whole rose situation wasn't happening, I could really enjoy this scent because the marshmallow + vanilla + strawberry combo is really gorgeous but.. yeah, rose :(