Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Imbrium

Ice Princess Bath Oil

Iced blackberries, blackcurrant honey, frozen white peach, and sweet vanilla cream.

Oh my god, you guys. You guys, oh my god. Oh my god. Ice Princess smells so very good.

For reference, I use the bath oils in the bath; I'm sure this will be a bit different on individual people's skin if you're a slatherer.

Ice Princess is funny, because in so many ways, she's the opposite of what I'd envision from her name (or, I suppose, from the colloquial use it takes on). Rather than being cold or harsh, she's warm and comforting. The cream and (I suspect) the blackcurrant honey take on a sweet edge, in the water, that reminds me a bit of the sort of warm fuzzy-feeling I get from white musk, with a definite fruity edge--mostly it's too well blended for me to pick out a particular fruit, but sometimes I got hints of the peach sort of popping up above all the others, just for a moment. I also smell a bit of something floral, though it's not listed in the notes, and I can't think what I would be smelling--it reminds me of just the lightest touch of rose. Perhaps my brain is tricking me, there, because Ice Princess feels a lot, to me, like Winter Maiden? I can't say, but whatever the reason, I really love Ice Princess.

I also did a little double-take when I smelled Ice Princess! She's very little like most of the lab's ice or snow scents. IP is very sweet, mouth-wateringly juicy, and has the most wearable honey on me to date. It's predominantly berry fruit, and like Imbrium I get an underlying pink rose -but it could be the blackcurrant I'm smelling, because this oil is seamlessly blended. It's also strongly scented, and will be great for those who use it as a in-shower moisturizer.

This is a very delicate scent - light peach and blackberry, with an icy note that I'm not quite able to place, and a vanilla cream that smells very similar to me to something in the Glowing Vulva bath oil. Don't know if I'll need a backup of this, but it's definitely going into rotation for the winter.

I was a little iffy about this when I first received my decant as it smelled very musty in the bottle. But once I poured it in the bath today, it really blooms! Its mostly peach and tart berries with a little cream and to sweeten it up. The throw in the bath is moderate.

ETA: Once I had this for a while, the mustiness completely disappeared and this became more creamy and fruity. Its become a favourite bath oil of mine, and I'd love a full-sized bottle. I also wouldn't mind seeing this as a perfume next Yuletide. :D

Edited by TheIceMaiden

Not at all "icy". Definitely a warm scent. Blackberries, honey, and cream are the major notes I pick up on my skin test. Though not what I was expecting, it's still a very lovely feminine scent.

omggggggggggggggggg this is the best TP oil I have smelled after Victorian Virgin with Cherubs :thud:

it is amazing!!! it is stunning, it makes me feel like Marie Antoinette herself,

being prepared to go to some kind of super sjiek party :yum:

a hell lot of berries in this one!!! also peach, yes, white and yes, frozen.. I love it!!!

also vanilla comes out later, especially when you Use it as a moisturizer, it also stays and stays

wafting around you, like a Queen!!! :wub2:

I didn't love this--it was mostly berries and a cream/milk note like in Phantom Cow, Glowing Vulva, etc. For some reason that milk note doesn't work on me and smells sort of like curdled cream. If you like those kind of scents, you may like this!

Mmm this is delicious. It doesn't really smell like any one particular thing either... Just well blended and soft and warm and a lil sweet. I could see this also being a gift to people you want to enable into BPAL as I think it would be a fairly well received scent. It smells a bit young (not sure if tis too young on me without layering) but has a distinctly soft perfume note to it.

Time to work a whole lot to get spending money to buy oogles of this before it goes down though. I think I could actually get my younger sister (who rarely wears perfumes OR moisturizer) to use this. This is the only BPAL bath oil other than Morrocco that strikes me as actually perfumery, and not more of a traditional bath product scent. Which really surprises me when I go back and read the ingredient list...

It is definitely a 'princess' scent rather than a 'queen' scent. Its very light and sweet and would be excellent on a teen or young adult. I am 24 and at least how it smells on my skin, I wonder if it is a little too young for me even. But I like it enough to wear it at the house, or when I am subbing with younger children (as I love smelling all sweet and foodie for them).

Err... I realize my description isn't quite doing it justice. Hmm, its not young because its a foodie or light floral... some of those can feel quite adult at times. Its very innocent smelling though. Like... its how I liked to smell with I was in my teens. A little musky, a little fresh, a little fruity... but not at all sexual.

Edited by tativa

While I have my nose working: This smells of blackcurrant honey, slightly sweet with other fruits that I can't identify b/c of my cold/infection. This is delicious and I foresee obtaining a little bit more of this one. :D

So many people just rave about this one but I just cant warm up to it.

Holding it up to my nose it is headacheintroducing sweet and perfumy. Honey floral perfume.

I tried it as after bath moisturizer: All i get is a strong generic sweet flowery perfume note.

Then I thought it is probably better in the bath since it is a bath oil: The same sweet perfumy flower note.

I ask myself where does this strong flower note comes from? There are no flowers listed :rantrave:

This is really not for me. I luckily only have a decant but I think about getting rid of that one because I really cant stand it.

I am simply not a perfumy smelling scent person, if this makes any sense :unsure:

At first, this is icey cold honey, sweet with pears and vanilla. I am loving it at this stage. It's like a frozen, perfect pear with a touch of honey. Dry, the sweetness amps, and it's overly sweet plastic pear now, something a 3 year old would wear.

eta: After a long wear, 4 hours or so, the ice note does come back, and it's more snow note similar to one of the bath oils last year, not Ice Prince, but the other one, though not as snowy. I still don't like it though.

Edited by milo

So many people just rave about this one but I just cant warm up to it.

Holding it up to my nose it is headacheintroducing sweet and perfumy. Honey floral perfume.

I tried it as after bath moisturizer: All i get is a strong generic sweet flowery perfume note.

Then I thought it is probably better in the bath since it is a bath oil: The same sweet perfumy flower note.

I ask myself where does this strong flower note comes from? There are no flowers listed :rantrave:

This is really not for me. I luckily only have a decant but I think about getting rid of that one because I really cant stand it.

I am simply not a perfumy smelling scent person, if this makes any sense :unsure:

These are my exact feelings on this blend too. I get nothing but nauseating perfumey flowers too. It dries down quite powdery and generic on me too. This gave me such a headache that I wanted to go shower again to wash it off. I use my BO's like moisturizers as well. I don't understand why this was so florally on me? I thought maybe the blackcurrent? But I have liked previous current notes & they didn't smell like a nasty perfumey floral. I even thought I maybe got a mislabeled BO until I read the above review. So weird.

Edited by Fetish911

I don't have a stop-uppable bathtub, only a stand-up shower, so I always use these as moisturizers, and my experience is based on rubbing it into the back of my hand.

I was pretty excited for this one, because peach is a note I adore. I like Winter Maiden ok, so I figured with peach this one would be even better.

Alas. I smell ZERO peach in this. I don't smell vanilla cream, either. What I do smell is overwhelmingly strong floral perfume smell. I hate florals, and I hate things that smell like "perfume." I dunno... maybe the perfumey smell is whatever is supposed to be making it smell "icy," but it doesn't smell icy, it smells like stink. This is nothing at all like I was expecting, and it's total fail to the point where I had to go wash it off the back of my hand because it was giving me a headache. Foo.

Sniffing this in the bottle, I got scared because it comes off super powerful florals, with a syrupy cloying sweetness that made me back my nose the heck away.

But when it hit my bath - wow, what a transformation! It blooms into lush creamy vanilla and fruits glazed by a layer of glowing rich honey. The stinky florals dissolve away and the sweetness is tempered by an astringency, which might be the "icy" note. Overall it doesn't feel cold (although it's hard to feel cold soaking in a tub of hot water...) It reminds me of a ripe fruit orchard, with light snowflakes swirling around the branches.

The yummy fruit notes didn't last too long after the bath, but my skin did have a lingering trace of soft honey for a few hours. I definitely enjoyed this one and was glad I gave it a shot in the bath, despite my initial doubts.

This is gorgeous!

It definitely smells like a relative of Winter Maiden.

It is a less sweet and more creamy blackberry scent with a hint of honey.

I think I prefer Winter Maiden, but Winter Maiden is a strong scent that lasts and lasts long after you apply it. Ice Princess lasts too, but it isn't as strong. If you like to switch up scents day by day this would be a better go to. Plus it's a charming skin scent.

This is a beautiful scent! It's a winter-y peach with a hint of blackberry and slight floral. It's cool, but somehow comforting. Smells beautiful in the bath, and wonderful on my skin as well! Stays close to the skin, but lasts a while. When I walked into my bathroom 30 minutes after my bath, I could still smell it. I didn't want to leave the room! Absolutely love it!

I get mostly berries and cream from this and I am not at all complaining ;) It's so sweet and delicate and yet ripe and bursting with fruitiness. I would love to see this as a perfume oil and would definitely wear it *hinthint* ;)

Creamy berries and honey. Very sweet - light throw but so good! Doesn't smell chilly to me at all - would be perfect for Spring/Summer and even Autumn...wish I could have bought a bottle - this would layer so well under many perfumes!!!

I've never smelled Winter Maiden so I can't make that comparison, but to my nose this could be a bath oil version of Faith. Mmmmmmm.

Oh wow - just got to try Ice Princess bath oil, thanks to a very generous swapper who swapped me whole bottle :joy:

This is truly glorious. I would pass on it from sniffing the bottle as it smells a little strange, but once in the bath I can smell every wonderful individual note - truly beautiful.

Edit: I still smell gorgeous quite a bit later - this lasts really well :)

Edited by ReallyZeb

Berries, peach and a touch of icyness. It's like a fruit pop/slushee, coolness. There's a light honey component to it.

Tasty, but I think I like Butterfly Garden better.

I find this scent very evocative. It's not at all an icy scent, but it still manages to be bright and white in the way that I could see an Ice Princess being. The strongest note to my nose is a very perfumey peach, with blackberries and vanilla backing it up. It is a sophisticated teen scent, if that makes any sense. It's not my favorite, but I definitely enjoy using it now and again.

Review: This does have a chilly feel to it somehow. It is mildly berry dominant, with a kiss of peach, smeared across a creamy vanilla canvass, gentle, but pervasive. I’d swear there is a touch of mint to lend a chill.