Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Shollin

Bewitched

Deep, luscious green and berry scents that evoke images of woodland witchcraft and the raw power of nature: blackberry, sage, green tea, wild berries and dark musk.

In the imp- this is gorgeous, a beautiful and perfectly balanced blend of wild forest herbs and ripe berries. Very yummy.

On skin- it doesn't change very much. On the drydown the berries prevail and after one hour or so it becomes warmer, juicier. I find it a pretty perfume for the spring and early summer.

My aunt was the first person to compliment it, saying I smell as 'sweet stawberries or something similiar'.

Verdict - I am going to keep wearing it, definitely but I don't know if I am going to need a bottle. I agree it's a very dark green-brilliant purple kind of scent.

Rated: 4 of 5

In the imp: dark, herbal with and undertone of berries

Wet: A little bit of hard blackberry sweets, and sharp herbs. Smells a bit like a blackberry bush after the rain.

Dry: Sweetens up as it dries, smells a bit like blackberry tea. Just on the edge of too sweet, but the hint of sage just about manages to save it.

I like it, if I can find a scent to layer it with to cut the sweetness I may buy a bottle. Or else I'll try to find something similar, the berries and herbs are working for me

In the Bottle: :thud: I so want to be swimming in this!

Wet: Blackberry, musk, and a slight sage. Let's put some more of these babies! :yum: :yum: :yum:

Drdown: Do I really have to say it? This is so many different kinds of delicious! Sweet, but not numbingly so, and cramy. The sage and white tea- which is now coming through- give her a nice depth. Total date night scent! Lurve it! Medium/low throw.

5/5

In the bottle: Juicy blackberries, something green underneath.

Wet: Sweet, yummy blackberries. The sweetness is mellowed out a bit by sage. Nice combo.

Dry: This one morphs quite a bit on my skin. Musky, tart blackberries...then Arizona green tea...then blackberry tea...then soapy...finally the scent settles down to a slightly sweet, slightly tart berry mix with a smidge of greenery. Didn't think I'd like this scent but I do. I'll use up the imp. Not sure about a bottle. Have to test it out a bit more, maybe in a scent locket, to make a final decision.

In the imp: Smells like berries mixed with green herbs, freshly picked from the garden.

Wet on skin: Sweet berries enveloped in wisps of sage. Lovely :)

Dry on skin: Very similar to the wet stage, except the dark musk is starting to bloom and come forward, which lends a nice complexity to this blend.

While I really do love this scent, I find that the throw is minimal and very short lived. Within the span of two hours, I can't smell anything :cry2:
That being said, I really like this scent, I find it's perfectly balanced - sweet, but not cloying. Girly, but not juvenile. If you like musk and or berries, you should love this one.

Imp: definitely green.

Wet on Me: green almost aquatic, powdery from the musk

Drying Down: slowly the berry notes begin to peek out from behind the green

Dry: blackberry love. Sight tinges of the powdery musk if I sniff too deep. But a blackberry love! Fades after a few hours

Sadly, on me this was almost all herbs and nearly no berries or tea. It smelled very antiseptic on me, like some sort of cleaning solution. A pleasant smelling cleaning solution, true, but a cleaning solution nonetheless.

First Sniff: Medicinal raspberries.

Initial Wet Application: A forest with fresh berries. The berry scent is lovely and goes well with the underlying green scent. It’s cheery do far and pleasant.

Dry Down (first 15 minutes): As it dried down, this reminded me a lot of Glasgow with the blackberry. However, this differs in that I’m not getting any heather. Instead I’m getting ripe berries tamed by white musk.

My Reaction: I enjoy this, but it is very similar to Glasgow to my nose. Despite that, it’s a happy sort of scent which I enjoy.

Rating: 2.5

First try - I was initially disappointed because it didn't smell how I thought it would.

I also had no self control and had opened and sniffed every bottle/imp from the package I had just received from Bpal, so my palate was overloaded with scents.

Second try - After trying it months later - yeah, Bewitched smells pretty good like berries and sugar!

I love every single place this oil takes me.

Verdict - I'm so happy that I gave it another chance and didn't immediately swap it.

I've been wearing this scent for SIX YEARS now and it's one of my favorites.

It is a keeper for life. People compliment me when I wear this. I highly recommend you try this aged to get the best version of it.

Edited by icecreamcone

In the imp: Dark and sour, like an unripe blackberry

Wet on skin: This softens a bit on my skin. It's nice and complex, a little herbal. The sage and green tea, especially the sage, keep it from going too berry on me.

Dried down: Much berrier, but still softened by the sage and green tea.

Throw: Not much of one.

Verdict: *** I'm undecided on this one. I don't need a bottle right away, but I think it's something I'd like to wear every once in awhile. It's definitely different from anything else I have, I think.

This is a beautiful little explosion of dark berries over a faint undertone of musk. I can't stop sniffing my wrist!

It's very sweet and "purple". I'm not getting any green tea or sage underneath the berries, though.

In the imp, I get a lot of berry, a little tea, and something herbal...mostly berry sweetness. Little bit candy-like, but also just a lot like some flavored teas I've had.

On my skin, I get strong blackberry tea and sage, though the sage could just as easily be confused for something like spearmint...it's mostly just a crisp, slightly biting herbal note that cuts down on the berry sweetness. Not really noticing the musk, surprisingly; I usually notice musks, as they're one of my favorite scent notes. Not getting anything noteworthy here, though it might just be the very bottom of the scent. The berry and sage, in particular, seem to be very strong at the top, and might just be drowning it out a bit.

I'll keep the imp, might consider this for a bottle somewhere down the line. I really do like BPAL berry scents thus far; purple scents seem to agree with me, in general. Pretty, delicate, and light; it's a good spring scent, might work for summer as well.

My go-to scent is Burial but I was looking for something more summery; without being too light or too floral. After trying out several imps I decided that Bewitched fit the bill for summer quite nicely. Though not crisp, clean summer linen days but heady rich summer nights.

The berry scents come out on me but not quite as much as others have stated. It is less sticky sweet and more herbal and musk. I do have to be careful about how much I put on because the musk can be a bit overpowering on hot summer days. But I love the combination of sweet and musky. This scent has good staying power and lasts all day on me.

I bought a full size bottle and it has been my signature scent for the summer.

• ITI: Bewitched is dark, musky, and perfumy. It makes my nose twinge just a tad, but I persevere to find berries, although on the slightly soapy side, and faint, fresh sage. Interesting, but I'm not sure about whether or not I like it.

Wet: The scent stays oddly close to the skin. It's a combination of blackberries, sage, musk, and green tea, but it does evoke overall muddied, dark imagery, which seems to be fitting for its namesake.

Dry: I get musky berries and a touch of tea after 5 hours. It's okay, but not something I'd actively seek more of in the future.

Imp/Wet: Smells vaguely like a shop where you can get those small scented soaps and other frilly pretty things, then also smells like a minty berry tea of some sort.

Drying: This one is very intriguing. I can't quite decide if I love it or not - there is one note in there, not sure what, that is a little harsh on my nose and makes me wrinkle it a bit every time I sniff; but there are also things that make me want to sniff again. It is more musky and like some of the more commercial perfumes I've smelled, and yet also not. I may have to stay a judgement on this one for a while. I don't immediately love it, or hate it. It smells clean and dirty at the same time, can't figure out how quite else to explain it.

In the imp: Something light, airy, and sweet, yet still grown-up and dignified. It feels energizing and cleansing, but not a typical "clean" scent - much too wild for that! I'm really loving the fresh green undertones, which keep the berries from going too sweet.

Wet: ...And, to the surprise of none, I begin to amp the berries right out of the gate. Berries don't amp on me as badly as fruit (Tamora was like getting punched in the face with a fistful of peaches, srsly), but they do tend to dominate. I would almost call this a perfectly realistic blackberry note, but not quite. Maybe it's the fact that, for me, the smell of blackberries is inextricable from the scent of blackberry vines, sunlight, and hiking trail dust, or maybe its the other unnamed "wild berries" running interference, but it's not quiiiiiite there. The sage and maybe the green tea are still hiding under there somewhere, but it takes at least a semi-trained nose to distinguish them.

Dry: Musky sage. Very pleasant, but it's only there for a flash before it fades altogether - and surprisingly early, too! Doesn't last for more than four hours or so, alas.

Imp: Green and wet, all tea and woody sage, with barely a hint of berry.

Wet: Sweet, so very sweet. Where the imp was herbal, this is pure fruit (blackberry and plum and raspberry all rolled into one) and sugary musk.

Dry: The tea emerges through the berries first, about 15 minutes after the initial drydown; a couple of hours later, the sage and herbs start to appear. The whole thing is delicious to the point of being edible.

This is, for me, the height of English berry-picking season - fat, shiny blackberries under a stupidly blue sky, sweet clover and bumblebees, and purple stains all over your hands. The throw is medium to strong (stronger as it ages), and the lifespan is pretty decent - at my last wear, I could still smell this 14 hours after application. One of my all time favourites, and one which I will always keep a bottle (or two) of.

Stars: ★★★★★

This was a frimp from the Lab.

At first sniff from the imp, this is all musk and blackberry. However, when I reopen the imp and sniff again a few minutes later, the green tea is much more prominent.

Wet: Musky blackberry.

After a few minutes on my skin, this becomes very…high-pitched is the only word I can think of to describe it. I don’t know if the sage is causing it, but Bewitched smells more like a cleaning product than a perfume.

This fades down to an inoffensive berry musk after a few hours.

I suspect that the time of the month may be to blame for that high-pitched dry phase. Bewitched is worth a retest during a different week, and in warmer weather, because none of its notes have been problematic on me in the past.

In the bottle, this is wet and green, but heavy almost amber-like from the musk. Dry on the skin, this is sweet berries--a very true berry scent, sweet and ripe but not foodie. The green notes are barely there for me, it's just sweet berries over a light musk background. Pretty but not outstanding for me. I cant get the sense out of my head that this scent is very similar to something else...it reminds me of lotion, maybe something I used to use? Final drydown is just a hint of sweetness on the wrist, slight musk background. Fades quick with little throw.

I have two imps from two different forumites, so I don't know the specific years. I'm going to call them version 1 and version 2.

They start out smelling very similar. Version 1 smelled a little more fruity. Version 2 smelled sweeter but lighter.

Then the differences really show up.

Version 1 has a deep berry note that takes over the other notes. It's a sweet, rich, mellow berry, not sickly sweet like berry syrup or anything. Very mellow, but at the same time very deep and almost... quiet? I find it soothing, it's like smelling almost over ripe, very mellow (no tartness) blackberries and blueberries sitting over a thin layer of sugar and musk. There is bit of green that smells like deep, green leaves. It's a very level, grounding scent.

Version 2 smells more like the description, I get green tea, berry, sugar, and musk. The green tea note is definitely the forerunner, so it almost has a faint whisper of astringency to it. It has a lighter, brighter, greener, airier feel to it and the sweetness smells like it comes from sugar crystals rather than being primarily from the berry note.

As time goes on Version 1 stays constant and continues to smell deep, while Version 2 starts getting even airier and lighter (hence, harder to smell).

Both have low sillage, this is definitely a skin scent.

Neither of them give me any sage, though maybe it's just so well blended it stands as an underlying accent.

Luckily I really find both versions super delicious. I definitely recommend if you aren't into foodie/sweet gourmand, but still want a scent that is primarily gourmand.

Wet: Preserved blackberries with a slight minty edge that keeps it from being too foody.

Drydown: The berries fade into the background and the herbs really come through now. It's very astringent, like cough drops. The faint sweetness does keep it from being too herby and it's very well balanced.

Imp: herbal berries and green tea - fresh and pretty! Wet: tea is definitely the dominant note, as it dries the berries take over. The herbal sage and green tea blend perfectly with the tart berries. I like it a lot, though the scent doesn't last long on my skin.

In the imp: Wow extremely green, sharp and strong. No berries at all. I'm a bit nervous about this one! This smells very dark.

Wet: The berries are starting to appear and it's becoming a little sweeter but it's still overwhelmed by that very sharp green scent (the sage maybe?).

Dry: This kind of reminds me of the smell of Lush bath bombs in general... Like if you smelt a whole bunch at once. The berries do smell sweet but they are almost completely drowned out by that sharp herbal scent which I'm not a fan of.

After 1 hour: Awfully, the longer I wear this the more it reminds me of toilet cleaner or air freshener or something :cry2: I even got my sister to smell my wrist and she said it smelt like toilets so it's not just me!

I really thought I would love this one but something in it absolutely doesn't work on me. I wanted delicious tart juicy berries but instead I got cleaning fluid and it makes me sad :(

In the imp: Smells like blackberry gummy candies, darkened with some greenery. There's also some lemon involved, which I suspect is the green tea.

On: Less fruity than I would suspect. It's very green and almost minty. The green tea is the strongest note, followed by a green mint. I wish the berries would come out a little stronger, those were the main reason why I wanted to try this!

10 minutes in and the gummy candies make a reappearance. It almost smells like this Blackberry & avocado hand soap I use sometimes. It's not bad, but not what I'm interested in smelling like. It's a very quiet scent that stays close to the skin.

The berries are in the background! It's primarily sage and green tea and maybe a touch of musk? If I look for berries I can find them, but I am pleasantly surprised at how well they are behaving, and not doing a fruit explosion on me.

This is weirdly pretty, and the first scent in a while that while I'm not sure if I'll wear it, I'm also not sure I want to pass it on.

I'll have to try it again in a week or two before deciding.