Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Shollin

Bewitched

Deep, luscious green and berry scents that evoke images of woodland witchcraft and the raw power of nature: blackberry, sage, green tea, wild berries and dark musk.

I really liked this at first, but then the green tea came out and took over the whole thing. I do hate green tea.

In the imp: Sage mostly.

Wet: A bit of green tea with musk and something sweeter. This blend kind of smells like heather to me overall.

Dry: The blackberry comes out more, but it has the musky overtone.

Overall: I thought I'd like this one more...

I've been on a blackberry kick lately, but I don't know that Bewitched will be added to my arsenal... Wet, there's a faint ammonia whiff - the blackberry & sage together. It faded immediately, thank heavens, and I'm left with a very mild scent that's oscillating between an oily herbiness & cool fruity tea. With some sniffs, the greet tea really comes out, chilly & clean. Then the sage kicks in, oily & almost unctuous. The blackberry lilts along, buoyed by what is actually a very light musk - not white musk, but in that same vein. A strange scent, not unpleasaant, but very hard to pin down...

After an hour or so, an odd artificial note pops out - Berry Breeze Glade, or some such, a very aerosol-like note that really wrecks things. :P

ETA: OK, the icky air freshener note has burned off, and we're back to a really lovely blackberry & green tea blend, sweet & fresh, with a trace of the herby green sage to ground the lot. Still not a keeper for me, but no longer a potential wash-off.

Edited by tartchef

Hmm...not sure how this blend is going to work on me. Blackberry, green tea and berries sound great, but I'm kind of skeptical about the sage and dark musk.

This is nice in the imp-sexy herbal musky berries. I can see this being a very sexy blend!

Yes, on my skin this is very similar to how it smelled in the imp-the tea is a wee bit srong, but the overall feel is of deep dark berries and mystical herbs. I am digging this way more than I expected. The musk and sage are here in just the perfect amounts! This is sexy, but not overtly sexual. Very nice! I am going to see how this dries down, but I am really digging it so far.

On full drydown, this blend does not disappoint. It's still a leeeetle strong in the tea department, but overall this is a gorgeous deep berry scent-not too sweet, not too herbal, but perfectly dark, sexy and mysterious. I would love to own a bottle of this one day.

Bewitched to me is quite a simple scent that morphs very quickly then fades...

It's a herbal green scent when it's wet..with a slight musk there. My imp is quite old so..I'm pretty sure I'm not getting the full effect of this.. *pouts*

It then dries very quickly to a sweet sweet soft berry smell, very similar to Lady Macbeth. I'm a huge huge fan of berry smells. But this one had absolutely zero throw on me. It's very close to the skin.

And I'd still like to try a fresh imp of this.

I've not reviewed scents before, so... here goes nothing

I was very excited about this one, but a little worried that the berry might be too strong, and sort of overwhelmingly sweet. When I opened up the imp however, I smelled almost nothing but the sage, with berries slightly in the background.

After putting it on my skin, the berries really came out more, but not in a bad way. It was a very nice, soft sort of berry scent with a slight herbal edge to it. When it dried, though, the sweetness seemed to die down quite a bit, and take more of a back seat to the sage and green tea smells.

I really loved it, this was my second favorite out of all the ones I got in my first order.

As I skim through all of the replies, I realize I probably couldn't add much more on a personal note as to how it smells, the different notes, what it reminds me of, etc. I love this scent - it's absolutely a perfect blend green, berry, and musk for my skin type and personality. However, what I didn't see much of, and something I think that's just slightly less important than your own personal reaction, was the reaction of everyone around you to the perfume.

When I got the imp, the boyfriend liked it in the indulgent way of a longtime significant other politely sniffing more "smelly stuff". When I put it on my skin for a trial day, however, that all changed. Suddenly he was starry eyed and snuggly because I smelled "like the Renaissance Faire!" He said the best thing about it, in comparison to Anne Bonny, or Bordello, was that it didn't really reach the general public - he had to be close to me for it to tempt his nose, and then it made him want to be even closer "to wallow in it". Bearing this in mind, several other men have been used as unwitting lab rats, all with spectacular results.

As far as my own love of it, it makes me feel sexy and comforted at the same time. I have a skin type that holds smells very well, whether intended to or no, but this particular one does not cling well to my wrists. I've found it best applied behind my ears, hollow of the throat, between the breasts and inside of the elbows. It's the kind of scent I could wear in any season because it seems to go with everything. I love Anne Bonny as well, but where the patchouli in that one will offend others at times, not a single person has said a bad thing about Bewitched, and I've had several people catch it on the air and involuntarily start sniffing around me to figure it out. It lives up to its name in every way!

Definitely herbal berry tea. I was so prepared to love this! But the berry came out too sweet with my skin chemistry. (I was hoping for some tarter berries, but these are a little overripe to my taste.) It's something I can wear, but not spectacular on my skin. :P

Bewitched started out all blackberry in the bottle, and in its initial application phase. On my skin, though, it quickly developed a deeper, greener character while drying down.

Later on, the berry scent turned into berry candy. Sweet, fruity, but SWEET more than anything... I was actually reminded quite a bit of the scent that stands out most in Sticky Pillowcase... I like this, but it's really, really sweet. Makes my teeth ache, smelling it, almost.

...though, if I sniff closely at my wrist, there something woodsy, fuzzy-mossy, there in the background, lurking, grounding this otherwise pure candy scent...

6 hours in, the scent has lost its candy-sweetness and turned tart, musky, and green... more of an unsweetened berry herbal tea, at this point.

I like the final stage, but I think I'd rather smell like juicy blackberries than like hard candy for the first 4 hours or so... I'll have to try this one again and see if it does the same thing to me.

When I sniffed this in the imp, it smelled like old lady to me. Or rather, old lady house. I have no idea why.

Once on, I get mostly sage with a bit of berry tea. It's not a bad scent, it's rather light and pretty. As it dries it sweetens up a bit and actually reminds me of a blackberry lipbalm I used to have. Then it just about disappears.

It's nice, but not unique enough for my taste. I think I'll pass this along to my sister who might like it more.

In the imp: Fresh picked tart berry juice.

Wet on skin: Vine-ripened juicy berries with a rich deep background. Something slightly herbal and tart lurking there too. Kinda mystical and mysterious. Somehow reminds me of all the tales of King Arthur and Camelot. I keep sniffing my wrist. I'm addicted!

Drydown: The berries get softer and richer and darker. Like a sexy vixen eating juicy blackberries and she's smirking seductively while they stain her lips. It's got a musky sweetness to it. I can see this being one that a lot of people could enjoy. Very alluring.

Overall: This is the kind of fruity potion I can love. I'm not that into fruity scents, but this has an innocent/seductive quality that I want to just drown in! Deep and sexy. Love!

In the Bottle: Smells very fruity/flowery. Very nice and perfume-y. Strong. A bit surprising; I expected darker. It's only well-rounded in a sense of darkness, but it's pretty uplifting instead of being very bewitching.

On the Skin: Same. A lot lighter, a lot less perfumey, much more subtle and feminine.

I don't know if this is just me, but I experienced a heavy feeling of dizziness/fuzziness when sniffing this. Not uncomfortable, it's nice; but unexpected. [= Nice surprise.

In the bottle, I get delicious berries and grounded in herbs.

Wet: Mmmm....this is what I was hoping Glasgow would smell like. Lovely sweet berries and just the right amount of herbyness. I'm not getting any tea, but that's ok.

Dry: Uh-oh. This is what I was worried about. It seems bpal's berry notes just don't like my skin after the first 10 minutes or so -- there's something weirdly sharp and pungent coming out here. Kind of reminds me of old lady perfume mixed with potpourri.

I really wanted this one to work on me.

Oh poo.

:(

In the vial: light and fruity with maybe the slightest spice. A little powder.

On skin: a bright? note overlaying soft cool woody tones.

Dry: Is that berry? Pear? Is there bois du rose somewhere in this, something Endymion-like about it? It gets a bit warmer and spicier, but (not to sound like a snotty wine critic) never develops any character. It could be the scent of lotion from an overpriced bath set at the mall. :(

I can really only say one thing about this: Yum.

Not a foody yum, just a gorgeous yum.

On me, it doesn't really change over time. It starts out as a soft, rounded berry with something deeper underneath. And it just deepens over time.

There is just this tiniest hint of powder in the musk, lurking underneath, and it just serves to make it even more gorgeous.

I would like a bit more tea, but that's about it. I love this scent.

Edited by JenniNikki

Form: Bottle

In the Bottle: Sage. Deffinetly sage and a bit of blackberries in the middeground with a dark muskiness in the background.

On: More blackberries with a faintness of green tea. I wish there was more green tea to be smelled here but I do enjoy fruit blends. the sage is still present and is hiding in the background in just a way that makes me think that it'll pounce and overpower the blackberries :(

Later: The sage never pounced on my precious blackberries but the green tea is faintly in the background with a bit of the sage still there. I realy like this blend and I would recomend it to any fruit lovers and those who are wary of foodie blends I'd recomend this ;)

Edited by Dracoo9

At first, bright herbally blackberry sage tea, fresh and light. When wet on skin, Bewitched sweetens a bit with a peek of citrus out top. The magic begins with the dark musk steps in--the berry sweetness tempers, quite muted down by the cool, almost smoky musk. Sensuously skin-close when completely. Quite a little blackberry potion!!!

Imp: Non-alcoholic Jagermeister? :think:

Wet: Blackberry and sage. Very dark

Drydown: Smokey and green. Like a blackberry bush still in the ground, but burning sage next to it.

Overall: Very interesting, but I know I'd never wear it. It's a neat little blend, though. It's dark and mysterious with a really beautiful blackberry note. And the herbal component makes it really deep. Well worth trying!

This was nice. It was a freebie, so it wasn't something I'd pick out on my own. It's bright and fresh. I mainly smell green with blackberries and a hint of musk. It reminds me of going to pick blackberries with my grandpa when I was a little girl. It's probably not something I'd wear often. I'd have to be in the mood for it.

In the bottle - Very berry tea. The berry smells distinctly like cough medicine as it mixes with the sage. Ugh.

Wet - Less medicinal on.

Drying - This is an unusual beast. The dark musk is making it's play in the background and the berry is making it just a little bit sweet, which is nice. There is just the barest hint of sage, but no no cough syrup. On the whole, it is so incredibly faint. There is a slight scent halo, but that's it. Barely there at all on me.

Dry ( 2 hours) - This is barely here at all! It's a very, very faint sweet musk. If I press my nose to my wrist, that is.

Overall - Well, it could have been worse, I suppose?

Hrm. I really wanted to like this since I adore Bitter moon and I can't get enough Blackberry.

In the imp - Smells very green.

On my it smells like tobacco and Soap.

Oh Well! Will stick to Bitter moon to get my blackberry fix.

i smell berry but not enough for me to like it...but i think the green tea sort of saves the day. it makes it tolerable...

dunno, im mixed about this, it sort of works but doesnt.

im middle of the road here because now im starting to smell berry love...

erm, i say buying a partial wouldnt be bad.

The notes for this sound amazing, but on...it's an incredibly apathetic scent. It's kinda fruity, it's a little sweet like florals, it vaguely smells like tea...but it's so half-hearted about it, like it can't decide what to be, so it shrugs its shoulders and hibernates. It's not offensive and it smells okay. It's definitely a perfume, but it's so neutral...it's like wearing nothing. Very disappointing.