Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Soft, well-worn black leather, hemp, and rosin.

Frimp fresh from the Lab. Rogue is much nicer than I expected. I can't wear Fighter - it has that raw uncured leather smell that resembles red musk and takes over on my skin. This is a lovely soft leather backed up by rosin and hemp. The leather dominates on the inside of my wrist, the hemp and rosin are more apparent on the outside of my wrist, for what that's worth. I'm sure this would smell great on a guy if you had one who would consent to wear scent, but I think it smells pretty great on me. Average wear length and not much throw.

Lab imp!

In the imp: Leather and rosin! Straightforward. I can't pick out the hemp, but it's not really missed.

Worn and fairly fresh: Like Fighter, this sits on me in layers. At a distance, I primarily get the warm, resiny glow of the rosin. The closer I get to my arm, the more the leather comes out, and this definitely feels like black leather, although it's a worn, broken in, loved leather, not the showy, stiff sort.

Long term: The hemp never shows up particularly, or it's parceled into the rosin. The longer it's on, the more the leather fades and insinuates itself into the leather, like it's getting worked down into it, until it finally fades in a warm, golden glow, like you just missed someone's sleek form slipping by you in the dark. Very appropriate for a rogue, indeed.

Frimp: I just purchased a bottle of Ranger after falling in love with the frimp. We'll see how this goes. I amp leather, so that is automatically what I can smell first. Hmm, baby powder is coming out. Leather and baby powder is a bizarre combination! It smells nicer now, the balance seems better. But I already have 2 leather scents so am unsure what this has to offer me. I do like the softness of it though, so will keep the imp and see how often I use it.

Wet: reminds me of that pungentness of rosemary maybe hemp. Tobacco. I'm also getting what I think is rosin but it smells too minty to me, but not leathery or hempy. It honestly doesn't smell leather to me. 
On: musky, minty. A bit sweet. Does not remind me of leather, it's not as warm, maybe because of the rosin / mint element. I hoped rosin (pine) would be less minty on me than other mints, because mints tend to over power on me, and unfortunately I was wrong.)
Drydown: i think I would prefer this on me without the rosin. The leather appears to come out a bit, it's warmer, but the minty rosin doesn't work on me. It very lightly smells like hemp but rosin remains throughout the whole scent. Not for me. 

In the imp: A slight sweetness I wasn't expecting. Must be the rosin. 

On my skin:

The sweetness continues. Wet, it almost has a pine sap quality. As it dries, it neutralizes to more reminiscent of honey or beeswax. Once it has some time to get to know my skin, a soft, almost powdery worn leather note emerges. It's drier than the rosin but still tinged with a touch of sweetness. Given more time, a smoky note begins to emerge that might be how I'm reading the hemp. (I basing this on the idea that I also get a smoky note, that I otherwise cannot identify, in Banshee Beat.) 

This is actually really nice. Nice enough that I might be able to wear it on its own.

Mmmm, I loooove this. The resin reads like the beeswax from Lights of Men's Lives, and the leather note is incredibly soft, almost a smoke note instead. No hemp detected. It smells like Lights of Men's Lives got sexy.