Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Leopard403

The Kingdom of Sweets

THE KINGDOM OF SWEETS
An empire of jellybeans, rock candy, sours, lollipops, gumdrops, peppermint sticks, held together by taffy mortar.

Kingdom of Sweets is definitely sweet! :lol: In the bottle, it straddles the line between candy-ish fruity goodness and citrus-scented bathroom cleaner; but luckily on my skin it tips over to the candy side.

If Pixi Stix could somehow be carbonated, you'd get Kingdom of Sweets. Lovely and sweet and bright and fun, it's not a scent for every day but it definitely feels festive and somehow fizzy. I'm glad I took a chance on this!

edited to fix a misspelled word

So, this is definitely strong on the fruit sours, sugary, encrusted fruity things. The drydown is still fruity, and there's not as much mint as I thought there would be. This is all mashed up fruits and sugar with a strong orange jellybean vibe.

Not playing well on me, but still, I can imagine a gigantic castle made of tooth-aching, bright jellybeans, stretchy cherry taffy.

Mmmm, this reminds me of a citrusy soda pop. Fizzy, just like Leopard403 said. Dries down to a pretty sweet sugary light tangerine on me . My honey said it smells "kinda good." LOL. I like it!! It's a nice pick me up kind of scent!

And eta: Thanks goodness no mint to my nose!

Edited by violetblue

Bottle: I got a toothache just sniffin’ this bad boy!

Wet: it smells sugary and sweet, very much like the effervescent pixi stix description someone else posted. It has a sour-ness that makes my mouth water and surprisingly, there is a floral quality to this but I don’t think it will cause me any problems. I also smell that gumminess of jelly beans and gumdrops. I think this is what Honeydukes might smell like in Hogsmeade. LOL

Dry down: stays the same on me. Sugary but fruity too.. kinda sour and I can finally smell the taffy! I don’t get the mint. It’s also pretty strong.

In the imp this is SO SWEET OMG! It's a citrusy sweet- I'm trying to think of what candy this reminds me of...maybe an orange gumball. Orange Tic Tacs? Kool-Aid? Something orange. On the skin it's pretty much the same.. Sweet but yet slightly sour, definitely citrus. I get no mint really, but it has a slight cool feeling to it. Between this and Changing the Shadows, I'm thinking I amp teh orange! Whatever kind of candy this is, it's an orange one. It dries down kind of soft, and I don't mind it. It is just so candy-like that it feels less like perfume and more like I spilled something on myself. Dunno if I'd wear it.

This smells like grape candy, jelly beans and gum drops. Esp. the jelly beans and gum drops aspect, that's the main aspect of it. Sweet, fruity, bright.

Definitely appropriate for young children, and SPOT ON interpretation. Totally makes me crave candy though.

this reminds me of the land of sweets from the fairytale I used to read a lot when I was little ^_^

the one with the donkey and tree that had golden leaves!

TOTAL CANDYLAND :heart:

This is sugary, punchy, fizzy candy-bliss.

Wet in the bottle, it has me recall the scent of sherbert lemons when you first open the bag. Mouth-wateringly sweet. There's the lightest trace of the peppermint sticks as it settles on my wrists and then that lifts, making way for jellybeans and taffy. This is so gorgeous, just as I hoped it would be. Can't wait to experiment with layering. Delicious!

In the bottle: sweet, sugary candy pile! I'm definitely getting the orange candy factor others have mentioned. I thought this was going to be just another version of Sticky Pillowcase, but so far, nope. A totally different candy animal. :lol:

Wet on skin: The orange is coming out more. I can see what someone was saying about it being like Orange Creamsicle in it's own way. It's also promising to be a slightly more candy version of Orange, if you can believe it, and for all of us that will probably never have the good fortune of procuring even a tiny drop of that scent, this is shaping up to be a good consolation ;)

Dry down: Sweet orange candy, perhaps of the Pixie Stix variety, which is to say, sweet and candy-ish for sure, but actually not overpoweringly so.

In all: If you've been looking for a promising substitute for the uber-rare Orange, or else just trying to find a candy scent that isn't too childish, this is a total keeper. I long ago got rid of many of my back-up bottle, but this one might be worth hoarding.

Echoing CherryCherry's sentiments, I'm really looking forward to layering this scent!

When I first tried this I thought that it smelled identical to Tweedledee! I broke out my Tweedledee to the compare the two, sure enough they are very similar but have some slight differences. I get the same tangy, salty sweetness in both of them. They also both seem to have similar citrus like connotations but perhaps different types. I think the tart "citrus" I'm getting from Tweedledee is the green tea, mango combination. Kingdom of sweets isn't as strong in the "citrus" aspect as Tweedledee and as Kingdom begins to dry down it becomes a lot more sugar or candy sweet than its counterpart which happens to be more astringent tart sweet. Kingdom of Sweets is like tangy fruity candies a melange of grape, cherry, orange, lemon, lime strong and forefront dusted with sugar.

Yep - this one's pretty much exactly what I expected! It smells like a bowl full of different flavoured Jolly Ranchers, or one of those five-flavour packs of Life Savers.. just a mix of different coloured candy. I wouldn't have said jelly beans though - the smell is more like hard-boiled candy (like Jolly Ranchers) to me.

The mint seems to sit a bit uncomfortably on my skin - at first when I applied this it was just all the candy smells, but then the mint came out and is sort of interfering with the candy in a way that's turning the whole thing into a slightly soapy smell that reminds me of those shampoos that are labelled as 'fruit punch' or something similar.

So for me, this was fun to try, and it really is very sweet and pretty, but not something I would wear. I'll keep my decant just for fun though, because it is yummy :)

The Kingdom of Sweets - I love this!!! It's sugary in a sticky-fingers kind of way. It makes me think of a bowl of lollipops or Jolly Ranchers or Dum-Dums or other super sweet, fruity, sugar candy. The peppermint makes for a kind of weird addition to the sweet, fruity-sugar notes, but it's not bad, just strange. Fortunately, the peppermint doesn't overwhelm, and hours after I apply this, I still smell like sticky, sugary candy, and I absolutely love it. I can't help but wonder how awesome this would smell when blended with Bon Vivant. I'm not usually one for the ultra-sweet and foody scents, but I can't get past how much I adore this one.

I love this too. But I"m not getting "fizzy".

I'm getting sort of an ozone or aquatic feel... maybe to mimic the salt water taffy? I'm pretty sure this is accomplished by a musk and a floral. But this is in the best possible way. It's jelly bean perfume no a perfume that smells like jelly beans, if that makes sense.

There is a whole lot of hard candy going on here--very VERY sweet and childlike. Some of these candy blends do a thing on me where they start to smell a bit Sprite-like, though, and so is this one. The longer it dries the more muddled-sweet-stuff it gets...I'd love this if it stayed as crispy sugary as it does wet, but...

I didn't think I would like this (too sweet) but my friend gave me a decant and I was pleasantly surprised. This starts off slightly fizzy, very sweet orange - like Pixie Sticks or Fun Dip candy mixed with orange soda. It dries to a mix of jellybeans, sour candy, and just a hint of peppermint. This is a really cute scent that reminds me of the candy you'd find in a kid's Christmas stocking (minus chocolate) or Easter candy.

I feel like the description of notes is spot on in what this smells like in order. It is SUPER sweet and citrusy, almost even too much for Me, the resident candy smell queen in my neck of the woods. But it settles pretty fast and about 1 hour later has turned into a soft mint/taffy blend. I like the end more than the beginning.

The Kingdom of Sweets is orange pixie sticks candy on me. It's dry, powdery (not baby powdery, but definitely a dry candy powder), and candy-sweet orange. Nothing juicy about it at all. I don't get any of the mint or anything but powdery orange candy. I don't find this very wearable... too sweet, dry, and simple for me.

In the bottle: Tangy-sweet fruit candies. Very reminiscent of Treat #1, which I love.

On skin: A warm vanilla mellows the tangy fruit. It's just buttery enough to remind me of taffy, but not overwhelmingly so. Plenty of sugary sweetness, this one definitely lives up to its name.

Drydown: I get a hint of mint, but thankfully my skin doesn't amp this into MINT, as has happened with other blends. It rounds out the sugary taffy and fruity candies nicely, keeping the scent just this side of tooth-achingly sweet. Other than that, this one doesn't morph much, but stays at yummy candy deliciousness.

Verdict: OH YUM. This one is unabashedly foody, but more intricate than most foody blends I've tried. Kingdom of Sweets, you're a keeper! So glad I got a bottle.