Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
grrrlennyl

Katharina

A strong, willful blend with a soft, utterly lovely soul: white musk with a trickle of bright, sharp apricot and orange blossom.

I'm still searching for an orange/peach/apricot oil that likes me. Sadly the lab's notes on these all turn to 'air freshener' on my skin.

Katharina starts off with sweet fruit and flowers and wet I can smell the orange blossom with the white musk surfacing after the oil warms. It did seem to fade quite quickly and yes, air freshener pouts

Off to swaps so someone else can love her :P

Edit - to add lab description. Edited by Shollin

This is beautiful!! I lovely apricot blends, and this one is no exception. Katharina is an exquisitely soft, inviting, feminine scent. The top note is a gloriously creamy apricot, and it's undershadowed by a gorgeous white musk and the barest hint of orange blossom. Very fruity yet creamy at the same time; refreshingly citrusey yet soft and perfumey. This doesn't have a lot of throw, but it's worth sniffing up close.

This is very, very lovely and I really like it. :P

this is a WONDERFUL fragrance--both times i have worn it i have searched it on the site to find it's notes! it is a very bright musk..and the apricot adds a warmth. glad to own a 5 ml!

Edited by b94new

This is absolutely beautiful! It was on my wish list but wasn't at the top and I got it as a frimp from the Lab with my Halloween order. It's a beautiful soft flowery apricot and peach scent, very gentle yet not overly soft. I can definitely smell the white musk underneath the peach and apricot and I'm just amazed at how simply lovely this blend is. I think I might have to order a big bottle!

Katharina

I was beginning to think I didn't care for apricot blends, but the apricot in this is lovely paired with the orange blossom and white musk. It's warm with a delicate sweetness. It smells like freshly ripened fruit, just begging to be eaten.

[4 - Really Like] This feels young and fun. It's borderline foody.

Oh wow yet again. The apricot is soooo lovely!!! What a sweet, light scent. It seems to flit around me gracefully. After a little while it's hard to pick out just one note, they blend together so softly and sweetly... This is DEFINITELY a keeper, which is amazing to me since my favorite are all seriously Foody scents!

I stole a test of Katharina from my best friend's imp box - this one was already on my wish list not only because Taming of the Shrew is one of my favorite Shakespeare plays, but also because of the notes (I love fruit!).

It is incredibly light in the imp, and once I put it on, I actually couldn't tell that there was anything on my skin! But as it developed, it was a good solid apricot - it alternated between "eating a delicious, just-ripe apricot on a summer's day" and "hey, guys, I swiped some peach schnapps from my parents' liquor cabinet" - a real booze-y scent. But as it dried, that booziness went away, and it was just a lovely apricot over a very soft musk.

Definitely staying on the wishlist - I'll get it eventually!

In the vial: vaguely peachy, mostly a sort of undefinable floral sweetness.

On me: soft apricot/peach with some flowers. As it dries, I think I'm getting more of the musk and less of the flowers, but the apricot is still there.

This is really lovely. I love peachy scents, and this has enough apricot to keep me happy. The other notes don't overpower the apricot, but they give it a depth that keeps it from being little-girly. This is the grown-up version of the single-note peach I wore as a teenager.

EDIT: as it dries the apricot really fades and the musk comes out. And I think it won't last long overall.

Edited by Indefatigable

Katharina is a strongly fruit-forward scent, and certainly smells like apricot. People who are into fruity blends will like this one, but it's not my thing....

Honestly, it just reminds me of a tropical-scented Glade Plug-In air freshener. I don't really like it....Sorry!

1 out of 5 on me

Mmmmmm yummy fruity goodness! Apricot and me get on so well, and the white musk just rounds out the whole thing. Big bottle material! It's like a slightly more complicated March Hare.

I really love the apricot in Grand Guignol and Depraved, so I was very anxious to try my frimp of this. At first this smells very refined and lady like, and for some reason made me think of L'Occitane Orange Blossom more than anything apricot. The orange blossom is REALLY strong on my skin, I guess it's my body chemistry amping it up (this is not the first time this has happened with orange blossom...it drowned out all the other ntoes in Zarita as well). After a while the orange blossom starts to do something with the musk and turn things a little bit musty. Wah. I guess this one is not a keeper for me. :P

Eh, on me this is mostly fake peaches and musk. it's not necessarily bad, but I've had a big bottle of peach body mist for years I've barely made a dent in, this hardly seems worth it.

Wet: I'm getting apricot and orange, and it is sharp!

Dry down: the orange is coming out more. Blue Sad I wish I liked orange more then i do.

Dry: Ok, the apricot came back out. it's a toss up. I dunno...it smells alot like citrus cleaning supplies on me. My kitchen smelled much like this when I used the new citrus mr. clean eraser. pooness. Blue Sad

3 out of 10

in the imp: all peach. it reminds me of the fruity oils i used to get from The Body Shop about 18 years ago when they had a perfume bar testing area :D

wet on skin: still all peach. however, it's light enough that it actually doesn't come across as all that foody. it's really pleasant.

dry down: the peach stays.

in all: this may be one of the only times that a BPAL oil has stayed true from the bottle to dry down on me. what you get in the bottle is what it stays, which is nice for those that are inclines to just sniff from the bottle. i'm not big on peach, personally, but if you are, *run* to buy this one- you will have no regrets! :P

In the bottle: Fresh. clean, lightly-citrusy floral with hint of fruit. A nice sharpness, brightness - I think from the fruit, oddly enough. Delightful.

Wet: Oh wow, the apricot is really coming out - and it's not too sweet. The musk is nice too - light but present. I don't usually like things this fruity but this is pretty yummy - even if the apricot is a bit overpowering.

Dry: It's holding quite well, but has morphed into a sort of spicy-musky apricot scent. Still nice, but I miss the orange blossom and the lighter notes terribly. It's sexier now, on the up side. And the orange blossom never went soapy - disappearing is better than turning to soap.

Summary: In the bottle this is really wonderful, on my skin initially it's a bit too fruit-heavy for me, but settles into a sort of sexy scent. I don't usually go for sexy, so I'm not sure how much I love this - I'll have to try it again in a bit and re evaluate.

In the imp: Sweet and very orange. Apricot's probably right on the money.

Wet: Very sweet and apricot-y, a really sunshiney orange smell.

Drying: This is definitely a happy smell, like bottled sunshine. It's a little like a fruity shower gel, but that's not a turn-off. I'll probably give this one a second try later on.

There's something off here, I think it might be the peach. It smells like the air freshener of the former occupants of our home. It just smells...kinda harsh, like a cheap aerosol spray. Not good, and these notes should be amazing on me. Sigh.

The apricot is really fresh and bright in this blend. I can barely smell the orange blossom, and the musk acts as a grounding element. It's soooo delicous, the only complaint I have is that it has almost no throw. And I slathered. Fruit lovers should jump all over this, especially if you like Fae. I might get a bottle, if only it had more throw on me.

this is a gorgeous, deliciously sweet and fruity scent. the apricot smells exactly like a perfect, just *slightly* overripe fruit, warmed by the sun, pulled freshly off the tree, with the juice running down your chin and hands.

aaaannd it lasts all of about 45 minutes on my skin.

DRAT!

i'll probably give it another try at a different time of the month, but sadly, i feel like this one's going to end up in the swap pile. :-/

I really wanted the orange blossom, but all I'm getting is the apricot. This smells like March Hare without the spice. I like the spice- I find this too one-dimensional.

In Vial: White grape peach

Wet: This is so good. Light peach perfume. Doesn't smell fruity or foody just a light sweet perfume with the hint of peach

Edited by gchris

Oh wow, this one is SO GOOD! Bright, sunny, crisp. If this was a shade it would definitely be orange, like the fruit it contains. Ahhh wonderful and I am going to get more of this one!

In the vial: This smells delicious! Light and fruity, with just a hint of orange blossom.

Wet: Mostly a soft and warm and light musk, though the apricot is still detectable. The orange blossom is MIA.

Dry: The musk tones down and the apricot comes out. So it turns out to be a beautifully balanced blend of apricot and musk - it's a warm, round, fruity scent, with a teasing hint of sweetness.

Verdict: I like this a lot, and I think it's a perfect scent for spring and summer. However, it's just a bit too light, and it doesn't last very long on me, so I have to reapply fairly frequently. I'll definitely keep the imp, but I'm not sure about getting a bottle yet.

This is delicate, a young lady's scent. I'm more of a Grindhouse kind of girl.

I chose this one because I've had good luck with all the individual notes in this scent in the past. While I wouldn't go so far as to call it air freshener, the combination is sweet but fairly bland. It's pretty much just apricot juice on my wrist, and I was hoping for more of a kick, a little mystery, from the orange blossom.