Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
grrrlennyl

Katharina

A strong, willful blend with a soft, utterly lovely soul: white musk with a trickle of bright, sharp apricot and orange blossom.

In the bottle it's all apricot/peach to me. Makes me crave a fresh peach right now.

On me, the apricot is still pretty strong but the musk comes out now, and gives it some depth. It fades really quickly, which hasn't happened with any of the scents I've tried yet. that's disappointing.

As a Shakespeare buff, I love Katharina, but I've always found her to be a less well-written version of Beatrice, who is my favorite female character of all. If the musk were stronger I could definitely see this scent fitting the feisty Kate the Curst. As is, it's almost too girly, too soft. The really fruity scents I like, but I don't love them. It's a lovely scent though, and I have friends who would love it.

How could I resist this scent? Musk? Fruit? Strong willed female from Shakespeare? :P

In the imp: Sweetened apricot! A lovely pale golden scent. The apricot here isn't quite as biting as apricot has been wont to be in other scents. I can't pick out the other notes. In this stage it's a little boring, but nice.

Wet: Musk instantly starts to amp. But I don't mind! White musk has been awesome in all of the blends I've snuffed with it so far. White musk, for me, is somewhere between the smell of skin and sexy pheromones and... marshmallows. But, don't let you think that makes this blend in any way foody. It's not. Musk is definitely there though.

Drydown: The orange blossom starts to come up, sweetening things perfectly. The musk acts as a solid base, with the apricot adding a biting brightness, and the orange blossom adding a controlled, gentle floral. This is a bit gentle for Kate as she appears at the first of Taming of the Shrew, but, it perfectly embodies what she is by the end for me. The musk is soft and sexy, the orange blossom is sweet and floral but not overly so, and the apricot contains a wicked, sharp bite.

This scent very badly wants me to get a bottle of it.

4.7 out of 5 sharp apricots.

This smells SO good in the imp! I love white musk, and it plays so well with the apricot. I have been longing for a good apricot scent-the clove was too strong in March Hare for me, so I am hoping this is the one!

Hmm...my skin is totally devouring the apricot! It almost disappears completely on my skin, leaving behind white musk, and the faintest whiff of sweet apricot! :P I guess my problem with March Hare wasn't that there was too much clove...it seems the problem is that my skin just sucks up apricot within seconds.

Apricot is GONE. Gonna have to pass this one along :D :D :D So disappointing!

Imp: Orange blossom! This reminds me of Florida.

Wet on Me: More Orange blossom with some hints

of green behind it.

Drying Down: Still lovely orange Blossom now with

the barest whiffs of apricot teasing me.

Dry: The orange blossom has the sharper note and the

apricot gives it a sweet whisper. I don't get any of the white musk

out of this in my nose. This is lovely. Keeping the imp!

This is quite elegant, sort of in the way that Dragon's Milk is elegant but a bit more so. very soft and feminine... flowery with a touch of fruit. Sort of springy, but like spring rolling into early summer. The color is a lovely clear pale yellow.

Conclusion: Not sure about on me, but for a feminine, almost perfumey but not quite scent I would definitely recommend this! I might try it on my mom and see what she thinks. :P

In the Imp: Wow! Apricot! Lush and soft and sweet.

On the Skin: Musky apricot. I think apricot is musky anyway. I'm not getting the orange blossom, and that's fine with me. This is, I suppose, delicately floral where March Hare is spicy and funky.

After a While: Delicate apricot. Mmmm! *lick*

Verdict: Very very nice!

In bottle/imp: Subtle apricot and cat litter. Not pleasant.

Immediately on skin: This is a cool, musky apricot scent with a bit of a smooth finish. The musk is more of a base to the scent with the apricot being the main note. The orange blossom has a nice smooth sweetness to it in this.

After a little while: The apricot in this settles nicely and blends with the other notes to create a cooler musky and smooth slightly fruity scent. It is very nicely blended and a seamless scent almost. It’s not overly sweet and has a subtle cool smooth feel to it.

Overall Impressions: This is a very pretty cool, smooth apricot scent but nothing about it really grabs me. It is very subtle and wearable with a clean, fruity type of feel. This is an exquisitely blended scent though; the notes blend so well that you can’t tell where one stops and the other begins.

Hm, I'm curious I suppose. Compared to other reviews, things were a little more different to me. :/

In the imp: Gross girl was all I thought. Just floral out the wazoo. No sweet apricot or anything. I was scared.

Wet on skin: Apricot bloomed instantly. With the musk it's just gorgeous. Sweet, full, well rounded, feminine. The orange blossom is freaking me out though.

Dry: I despise florals. I keep trying them despite knowing this though... weird. But the orange blossom is a very muted floral. Not horrible and overwhelming, but still beautiful. White musk is hardcore female, I can spot it from a mile away. But it's really beautiful. I'm a HUGE fan of apricot scents so far, and this is promising.

It's a freshly picked, floral-encased, innocent female in a field with a white gown sort of apricot. It's lovely, while not exactly my style. The throw is lovely, farther than most essential oils, and after a few hours it was still sticking around, though less amazing. It's perfumey, but only just barely. More soapy, but that after-shower smell of soap. When you washed, rinsed, got out, in a towel, and prance around the house half naked trying to find clothes, finally do and return to the bathroom.... that lingering after-shower scent. With apricot body scrub. hehe

So, I think in the end I'll keep it to wear it when I'm feeling shockingly feminine and don't feel like Dee. :P

Overall: Smells clean. Like this body wash I had when I was about 11, and as innocent as all possible. It's a really light, fun, easy, breezy, flower child dancing sort of scent. Yum.

imp: seriously sharp apricot.

wet: very floral apricot. this doesn't smell like orange blossom... maybe more like watered-down jasmine?

dry: this fades to something more tame but i doubt i could sit through the cloying wet phase again to get here. and i thought i was going to love this blend!

Wet in bottle - White musk, orange blossom and apricot. Feminine and sweet.

Wet on skin - Apricot is very strong, with light orange blossom and very little white musk.

Dry on skin - A very pretty and feminine scent. On me there's a nice mix of apricot and orange blossom that is tempered by the white musk.

On me, this is peaches with a slight burnt plastic overtone. =\ Some heavier florals tend to do weird stuff like that on me, so I'm guessing that's the orange blossom. Unfortunately, all gets lost in the orange blossom burn. Will have to pass this on.

I got this as a frimp and it's something I never would have chosen.

When I first put it on it reminded me a lot of a lemon cologne I had as a kid. I could have sworn lemon verbena was a note. When I asked my husband to sniff me, he said I smelled like a hotel carpet. I had to admit that on the drydown it did smell a lot like this deodorizing powder my mom used to sprinkle on the carpet and then vacuum up about 15 minutes later.

After looking at the notes in this I could pick out the apricot. It's the same one that's in Depraved (one of my absolute favorites). But this has none of the sexiness on me that Depraved does.

This also contains orange blossom, which is the note of death on me. It always goes plastic.

I can't help but think this blend would be better with a hint of vanilla sweetness. It's definitely missing something.

I have a feeling none of the Illyria blends are going to agree with me.

I got this as a frimp and it was one of those scents that I was so very thankful made it's way to me. I love Bpal's apricot so much, and I always forget that until I put a blend with it on. This is very sexy in an innocent way. So pretty, yet subtle. Mostly I get a sexy, creamy apricot all the way through. It gets deeper and richer as time goes on, and the musk comes out more. Excellent throw, lasted my entire work day without fading. Sometimes fate introduces me to a blend that I absolutely love and NEED a bottle of. This is one of those. It's going to become a dear favorite to me.

5 out of 5. Heavenly!

Imp: Fresh apricot with something green.

Wet: Orange blossom joins the apricot. What a gorgeous fruity scent this is.

Dry: The musk takes this beyond just a run of the mill fruity scent. It really rounds out the apricot which remind very true.

At first this was deliciously fruity, full and round (the scent, not the fruit shape). I'm having trouble with peach and apricot scents where after ten minutes the fruit gets very musty smelling on me. This one is now brightening up a bit so I may be able to use the imp, no bottle though.

At first this didn't smell like much of ANYTHING on me - which I think was the white musk; it's a very kind of neutral scent on me. Then the other notes started to come out - the orange blossom does a lovely job of keeping the apricot from screaming JAM!!!! on me, and the apricot adds a nice non-floral sweetness. This is very nice!

imp: super sweet apricot, yuck!

wet: apricot with a hint of warmth from the musk

dry: slightly floral with a hint of musk and a dash of apricot

Normally I don't like florals or fruits on me, but use them as room or car scents. This one is subtle enough on me that I can see myself wearing this as a Spring scent.

Imp: Oooo. Apricot and musk. A little boozy

Wet: Still nice. Very apricot heavy, but the musk gives it almost a green edge

Drydown: A little apricot brandy-ish.

Overall: Pretty sophisticated for a fruit scent. The apricot's a little boozy and just ends up with a sort of sour effect on my skin. If you like fruit, though, it's worth the try!

smells a lot like orange bloossom to me out of the imp, more so than the apricot - that is barely detectable. wet, the musk is more pronounced and the orange blossom takes a backseat - the apricot is detectable but not overpowering, its sweet.

i'll likely stick to the imp on this one but it smells wonderful and i'll put some on occ.

This scent is sweet, soft apricot on my skin with a hint of orange blossom. A very light, delicate feminine scent. My skins just loves these kinds of blends. :wub2:

In Imp: Smells a little similar to Fae but with less florals, is not creamy, and is a bit more tart. It smells divine already.

On Skin: Apricot explosion! Actually, it sort of smells like an under ripe peach at first but turns into apricot right after the initial hit. There's a sort of flowery background to this that I'm presuming is coming from the orange blossom.

Dry: Predominantly apricot with a little zing in the background. On dry down, I got a hint of plastic but the plastic isn't strong and the apricot scent kind of soaks it up and masks it. I can only assume that plastic smell is what the orange blossom morphed into, which is strange since orange blossom has never turned to plastic on me before. However, it isn't strong enough in this scent to cause a distraction for me and Katharina remains beautiful five hours later when it starts to fade into a light fruity scent.

Interesting! I don't like foody scents, but this is pretty good! Apricot-y and warm. A lazy summer afternoon or a cozy sweater. I think the white musk gives the impression of softness and haziness and keeps it from smelling too foody.

Sweet and slightly sharp. There's something that smells like trees and grass in the spring (but, mercifully, without being woody) and the apricot really tops off the blend.

4/5 Yummy apricots. I might need a bottle eventually.

This is a really nice balance of apricot and orange blossom, with the white musk giving it a base that allows it to stay longer than it might otherwise. It's quite sweet from the apricot, but not overpoweringly so.

I've discovered from a few different tests that this blend is super-dependent on my hormones: if I'm nearing the red tent phase, the white musk goes really sharp on me. If I'm not, it's much quieter, and I can smell the other two notes a bit better.

I got this imp at the same time as I got an imp of the Zieba Tree. I find the two scents to be very similar. While I like them both, I think I'll go for a bottle of the Zieba Tree faster - I sort of prefer the apricot/clove combo in March Hare to the apricot/orange blossom combo here, and prefer the orange/lemon blossom combo in Zieba to this. This is nice, however, and I'm sure there are days I'll reach for it.