Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Em-

Crowley

Infernal musk, red patchouli, lilac cologne, mahogany, lemon rind, oakmoss, leather, and vanilla husk.

It starts out a little sharp, all musk and red patchouli, which is a little lighter and sharper than regular patchouli. Not quite the same deep earthy quality.

As it dries, the musk deepens and it's enriched by the other notes. I can smell a hint of leather, some light herbal notes, and just the faintest trace of vanilla. Little by little, it gets richer and creamier. The patchouli drops out from being the top note and all of the notes blend harmoniously. I tend to amp patchouli out of control, so I'm really glad it's tamed by the rest of the blend. It gets richer and creamier for the entire first hour, and in the second hour it seems to almost completely lose the patchouli, which is a great big :P for me.

It's light but rich, masculine but not too masculine to be appreciated by girls. It's creamy with light touches of leather, lilac cologne, and balancing cool lemon rind and oakmoss. The musk combined with the vanilla reminds me a bit of Dorian in character, although the scent is quite different. Like Crowley, it's cool and suave with a bit of a soft side.

The throw is moderate and then becomes light moderate. The wear life is pretty good, I think better than average. After two hours it hadn't gotten any softer, but I don't expect it would last all day.

I really disliked this one at first, so if it initially turns you off, stick with it for at least 30 minutes. It really changes for the better. I initially didn't think I'd keep the imp, but this turns into such a lovely, unexpectedly vanilla-y scent after an hour that I think I might wear it after all. Edited by quantum spice

I don't think I can say anything about Crowley that hasn't been said already. This scent is pure "OMG" in a bottle. It is smooth, rich, pleasantly musky and surprisingly light. The vanilla and musk stay in the forefront for me, and I keep catching whiffs of the other notes as I move. It has a good throw and lasts a nice long time. I can also say that it goes very nicely with my leather jacket.

My husband says it smells like a good used book store. I don't get that, but there you are.

This is a weird streak I'm on recently... the REALLY popular smellies with the forum peeps are REALLY bad on me. :D

Crowley wet: Smells like pink erasers.

After 30 minutes:My dad's cheap electric after shave solution (brut?)

Drydown: Pink erasers swimming in electric after shave solution, sprinkled with a dash of body odor peeking underneath deoderant. :P

I braved through an hour and had to wash this off. I really wish I had the cartwheel experiance that most of you've been having. Sigh... no Crowley for me!

In bottle: Slightly citrus men's cologne.

On me: Men's cologne, but softer than I would have expected - lots of lilac and vanilla. Leather and lemon are kind of muted. Moderately musky.

In the imp: Oh god. It's Spanked, the boy version!

On me, wet: leather and musk and warm creamy spiciness. Utterly devourable.

On me, dry: Mmmm. It's mellowed a little, but it's still very much like Spanked - that warm, dark, spicy leathery yumminess.

Verdict: I would have bought it for the name anyway, but this smells so good I go nonverbal from glee. And it's GC!

Imp: Sharp-ish, musky cologne.

Wet: Patchouli. Loooots of patchouli.

Drydown: Oh no! Sharp, alcoholic cologne, the kind that made you gag when it came in clouds out of the boys' locker room at High School.

Dry (First): Phew! Still cologne, but much creamier. Still very, very manly though.

Dry (10 mins): Crowley just screams manliness from every pore. Not something that warrants big bottle attention, but nice nonetheless.

Verdict: Don your sunglasses and drive your burning Bentley screaming through the black night.

Rating: 4/5. Would have gotten 5 if it was a little less testosterone-fuelled.

Edited by Jenesis

I bought a bottle of this unsniffed, 'cause I had to.

In the bottle: A dark, rich scent, round and sweet and almost chocolatey to my nose: musk and spice and vanilla and something herbal. It's not... bad, but it's not off-putting either. I think it's the leather that's doing it-- Beth's leather never, ever registers as leather to my nose, but rather a sweet, weirdly-slick sort of smell.

Wet: Yep. Vanilla-ed herbs and resins lying underneath a massive cloud of bizarre wrongness from t the leather. It's almost impossible to describe what that "leather" note smells like on me-- plasticy, but sugary, with hints of something burnt and a big old dose of fakery. Whoever said pink erasers was getting close. Oh, Gods, Crowley, don't do this to me, baby. You're one of my favorite characters ever.

Dry: I didn't get there. From what I remember, the faux-leather backs off a little bit and allows other things to emerge, but I just couldn't take it a second time. Oh, baby, you broke my heart. And thusly did Widget become just that little bit more jaded about the world.

Swaps.

Right, now that I have my scents the right way around!

In the imp: Even with the list of notes, my nose refuses to think anything other than this is a floral aquatic.

Wet on skin: really quite masculine, if I think about it, some of the cues that made me think aquatic, would actually be woodsy and leathery.

Dry (really dry now!): sweet leathery wood, I smell something vaguely medicinal in the background (red patchouli?)

It's not really me, and it's not something DH would wear, unfortunately. Because on the right person ... mmm...!

Adfkjdlfmsdvidlammbbbblll.

:D

:D I'm not sure if it's possible to hump one's own wrist, but this is making want to have a good crack at it.

Whoa. The musk out of the imp and on the skin is enough to make me writhe around in smell-gasmy glee. SO good. SO sexy. Then as he dries, the cologne pops up with a masculine wave before the leather, citrus, woody notes all swirl about in a creamy warm haze.

The dry down is a spectacular, perfectly blended mix of everything. No show-ponies, it's all working in harmony, and as far as guy-blends go, this is knickers-off awesome.

Love. (*where's a "rutting smilie" when you need one?) :P Looooovvvveeee. Absolutely gonna get a bottle of this.

*waves dismissively* Leave me now.

I would be alone with this fellow.

This I previously posted on to the lower_tadfield lj:

Crowley and Aziraphale are a really great set... while Aziraphale is a lighter musk, Crowley is heavier, and they smell great together. I like to say thing about them Aziraphale is great for a day at the book shop and a night curled up with a good book, and Crowley is like a night on the town, doing devilishly good things... :)

I like heavy musks, and they smell good on me so I like it in the bottle, on, and I might see if it works as a heated potpourri oil... I love Crowley and Aziraphale and love switching them out... and mixing them together. :P :D :D

In the vial: Lemon, leather, and lilac. Not bad. Kinda sexy.

On the skin: I get honey. Where's that from?! Or is it the oakmoss and vanilla doing that? Anyway, it's very sickly sweet; I'm sure that's the leather and musk. I could imagine Crowley smelling like this. It's rather hot. :P Definetly a keeper.

I thought that I would hate Crowley because of the red patchouli. I normally love patchouli, but the lab's red patchouli smells so dirty and awful on me. I actually don't smell any patchouli in this at all though. It's a pleasant surprise, because my skin usually amps up and does awful things to the red patch. Unfortunately, my skin amps up my other problem note in this blend (leather).

First on this is a classic men's cologne feel (which I like) with hints of zesty citrus freshening everything up. In the drydown, I get more woods and then suddenly this morphs into a very heavy on the leather scent. Smoky, warm leather. There's a sweetness to this along with a warm muskiness, but Crowley is mostly smoky leather on my skin. Drat. My boy seems to have trouble pulling off strong leather scents as well, so I'll probably be swapping away my decant of this'n.

First of all I have to say that once the reviews started coming in I was dreadfully disapponted I hadn't ordered a decant through DenMother's Good Omens/Stardust decant group. But when I got my order she'd popped a full decant in! :P

Just as well too because I positively swooned when I opened up the imp. Musk! Patchouli (the good sort)! Leather!

Wet it immediately reminds me of Smut with all the musk. As it starts to drydown the leather emerges, along with some soft patchouli and just a little citrus, mahogany and cologne. But it's mainly musky leather and patchouli which pleases me very much!

Once completely dry it sweetens up a little, and the cologne becomes more apparent. It smells like a very sexy man this does. It's fairly soft on me, which isn't surprising since my skin softens patchouli and usually leather as well. But I'm still surprised at how subdued the leather is, and in that way it does resemble Dee. But it's sooooo much more sexier than Dee.

After half an hour or so it becomes quite difficult to describe, because all the notes are so well blended. Yes there's musk, and yes there's leather and some other notes, but they're all in perfect harmony. But it's soft and warm, a bit dry and sexy. And it still reminds me of Smut. Kind of Smut dons an old leather jacket and some cologne.

This is definitely gong to be tested on my partner (once he gets over his flu). He loves Dee and musk so I think this may just be a hit for him too.

This is one I was dying to try and I wasn't disappointed!

Wet: Okay, this has a hint of red musk (which I cannot wear, no way no how). But just a hint. It's deep and woody and the patchouli is apparent right away, too.

Dry: This is awesome. The musk actually smells good on me! This is all about musk, woods, patchouli, and lemon and lilac to stop it from being overbearing.

A wonderful companion scent to Aziraphale. Love it.

This scent is very unisex on me… lilac cologne with a slight amount of warm spices is how I would describe it, though the leather and mahogany were pretty strong notes in it as well. It’s a beautiful and well-blended scent, but I would definitely describe it as unisex to masculine.

In the imp: Musky patchouli

On Skin: Musky male perfume with a heavy dose of patchouli. I don't find this patchouli obnoxious... but this is a very warm scent. Caliente!

On Drydown: Musky male cologne, a hint of creaminess and a whiff of patchouli

Verdict: This is definitely a sexy male patchouli scent. The hubby wasn't so enthused about it though. Ah well....

Crowley

In the bottle: OH BABY! This is sexy, Smutty vanilla-patch-red musk, the kind that Beth does so well, but with leather! Rrraawww!!

Wet on skin: now it smells Smutty, I fear the rubbery smell but it seems to be replaced by leather.

Dry on skin: mmm, this is good. This is the lovechild of Bow and Crown and Smut, with a dash of lilac cologne to it. I smell the musky patchouli sweetened by dark vanilla adding it's sexy, feral deliciousness to a lilac and lemon cologne with a hint of moss, with a raunchy black leather undertone. I see the Dee comparisons, but this to me is more like the Bow and Crown of Conquest, with a red musk and patch base to make it darker and sexier.

After a while: ah, now this smells a bit less like Smut, and more like Dee. The deep musk and patch are still lurking around, but now the slick leather takes centre stage, backed by mahogany and moss. It now smells smoky-though less like Crowley's blazing Bentley, and more like occult incense. This smells very suave and rogue-ish, I can just picture this scent as one that wears a cheeky, devilish smirk. This also seems to be a manly take on Mme Moriarty.

The woodsy leather gets stronger and smokier, and merges beautifully into the musk. This reminds me of Loviatar now, that musky leather goodness but here there's vanilla sweetening it up. It still smells smoky, smouldering and sexy. I want to do very naughty things to my wrist right now. Interestingly, near the wrist I smell more of the masculine leather and moss, but further from the wrist, the patch, vanilla and red musk waft around me seductively.

The drydown is a wonderful sweetened leather, very much like Perversion or Count Dracula, with the vanilla taking on Snake Oil and tonka-like properties. It reminds me of Western Diamondback meets Tombstone. Mmmm!

Verdict: the total opposite of Aziraphale, when I first smelt it I though 'Smut for guys!' but it turns out that it smells very nice on me as well. I think Beth's leather scent is the height of sexiness, and this is like all my favourite leather blends mixed together with 'Beth's Special Shaggable Red Musk and Vanilla' (think along the lines of everything Snaky or Smutty). Talk about an incredible combination! And the scent perfectly fits the namesake…this scent is hotter than a burning Bentley speeding across the M25. Sleek, smart leather, rich patchouli, a feral and demonic yet sweet and approachable musk tempered with vanilla, a touch of cologne and a waft of hellish smoke! Perfect for this loveable rogue of a demon-I knew that Crowley was sexy but this scent surpasses expectations. I especially love the drydown when the musk tones down and the vanilla really comes out, and Crowley shows his softer side. That's when the scent becomes almost like Snake Oil meets Dee. Ohh. this is so good. And it's another example of Beth's finest musky-sexy perfumes, it makes me want to do naughty things to myself or anyone wearing this, preferably whilst listening to Best of Queen albums.

Emoticon rating: :D :P :D

Is it a keeper? HELL YEAH!

If you like this, try: Smut, Bow and Crown of Conquest, Dee, Mme Moriarty, Loviatar, Krampus, His Station and Four Aces, Western Diamondback

Ohhhh man. I don't know what to say that hasn't already been said about this one. It's such a perfect blend of all the notes. I can really detect the patchouli, leather and musk, but they are still well mixed so that one doesn't particularly stand out. The leather isn't the kind that gives me a headache, which makes me verry happy. This blend is so sexy, right along the lines of Smut and Mme Moriarty, but obviously more masculine. However I will definitely wear this myself, as it doesn't smell specifically "male" on my skin. Sexy. Sinful and very sexy. That's really all I have left to say. :D

:P

Hmm, as much as I want to love this one, I'm just not sure. It starts off nice and warm and red, but then the lemon rind starts trying to take over (as anything even remotely related to citrus has a tendency to do on me) though everything else seems to be doing fairly well at holding it at bay. Sadly, I don't think this one is going to work on me, either.

Wow. Just wow. Initially, on my skin I get leather and a patchouli that reminds me of one of the notes in Schwarzer Mond. I also detect a hint of Czernobog - that elusive evocative note I can't identify that makes me keep wanting to wear that oil, even though I don't like the overall smell. I spent the evening sniffing myself with this.

I get the creamy notes too - this gets so much better as it ages. And it continues to have a nice throw. It also bears similarilty to Snake Oil. ALthough this is what I always hoped Snake Oil would be and it never quite made it.

I WILL be ordering a bottle. Yum!

In the bottle – The leather and cologne are very strong

Wet on me – Soft leather with a smooth creamy undertone and hints of lilac cologne and lemon rind

Dry on me – Warm sensual leather swirling with thick creamy vanilla and dark heady musks

Overall – This is a very masculine, very sexy blend, whilst I will probably wear it myself I yearn for a man to slather it on

once applied, the first whiff is Snake oil O_o

the second whiff is cologne, then it settles down a bit and a nice, complex slightly musky masculine scent emerges, it becomes hard to pick specific notes but it's really, really nice.

towards the end the patchouli becomes dominant and it becomes a bit to dry for me, but I need to test it on the boy, absolutely *grin*

mmmmm crowley you are a sexy devil!

I bought this for my man and haven't tried it on myself as i want it to keep its sexiness all to him..

the leather note in this is perfect, sometimes i find the leather notes to be a bit strong and plasticy but this one is so sexy!

I can definatley smell the comparison to snake oil here and the effect is the same i want to keep getting closer to smell it more.

The musk is gorgeous and sitting here sniffing the bottle is making em want to drool.

A fantastic blend and the one that knocked satyr down from its pedestal for my man.

In the bottle: I get two different scents when I smell this - I can open it up and smell "mm, lovely violets, sweetness and lemons!" Or I can open it up and get "uhm, evil, twisted leather and mahogany, VERY masculine in a gentlemanly way but definately not a scent that should be near a lady, beg y'pardon miss." It's strange, but usually closing and re-opening it will either mix the two together or get me the sweeter version, which I can then put on.

Wet: I get a quite male scent from this... And I've just realised how stupid that seems! I wear a lot of girly stuff so wearing something quite so masculine is a bit odd for me! There's something about the patchouli that makes it masculine, I think.

Also the lilac cologne is just making my brain scream "MAN! MEN!! IN A GENTLEMANS CLUB!" Setting off memories of my grandad and, even though I've never ever met him, my great grandad. I don't think my grandad has ever smelt like this either. Silly brain. Getting mahogany and a slight lemony sweetness, but it's not LEMON as in tangy at all, more a kind of suggestive lemon...

Drydown: Ha! Got it - curling up in our leather recliner many christmases ago with all the relatives gathered in our lounge. I KNEW this was setting off a memory! It has a very warm deepness about it. Nothing christmasy at all, but just that smell of being warm and together. The last thing to leave is the vanilla husk. It's not a sharp, sweet vanilla but a darker, deeper, thicker kind of sweetness.

For the last few days I've been slathering this all over my hands - it's lovely and perfect at relaxing me after a hard day but not to the point where I'm braindead and can't do anything. Even my parents like Crowley! I hope the Good Omens range never leaves or I'll be broke from trying to buy a lifetimes supply!

Also - Crowley is more than likely to be ra-ther sexy on a guy, but I have no boything to test on and on me it just goes to delishious and comforting. Probably a mindset thing! I'm too used to guys smelling of Lynx (ugh) and the like to think in terms other than "Old-fashioned gentleman" for any male scent from the Lab. Sucks, but more for me!

Wet: What the hell is that? Yes yes, apt word. Seriously, I can't tell. It smells.. interesting. A bit smokey.

About ten minutes later: *Blush.* Wow.

Later drydown: Not quite so heavily sex inducing, but still mildly so, and very nice. A little leather, a little musk, and I'm not certain what else.. but ooo, very good. Very faintly smokey.

Verdict: I so need a bottle of this. And I need to remember NOT to put it on to wear to family gatherings or to work! Erm, and I'm a girl. And I like it on me anyway! So there! :P