Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Heavenlyrabbit

The Ecstasy of Passion

Bourbon vanilla, red musk, galbanum, ambergris, sweet clove, petitgrain, and golden amber.

Sweet wonderful and warm incense. The Clove is subdued at first but picks up as my skin brings it forward. Good news for those who like spicey. Since this is Passion, it makes sense it'd be a warm scent.

This is possibly the most beautiful scent I've got from BPAL yet.

It reminds one of Ahathoor and the like but sweeter.

I thought that red musk and I didn't get along, but this is orgasmic.

:P

Addendum: further comparisons would be a richer Three Witches or more incensey/less foody Gingerbread Poppet (original blend) with Clove swapped out for the Ginger. Edited by Shollin

In the bottle: This is in my olafactory blind spot. I can faintly smell ... something. A little funky.

On: Within seconds this blossoms on my skin, a rapid unfolding of spice and musk that quickly settles down to something inbetween my all time love of Storyville and Sed Non Satiata with a hint of Smut thrown in. I've put on the tiniest bit today, so it's not got the throw of those others (though Storyville seems to have less throw on me as time goes by, though it still LASTS) but boy oh boy am I thrilled to have this bottle!

A blend that mimics my unable-to-ever-have-more-of favorite, and two of my other favorite scents? All that = a very happy N.

Bourbon vanilla floats at the top, with the warmth of the red musk bouying it. Waaaay at the back is the amber. I can't yet identify the petitgrain, or the galbanum, but the clove does not stand out in the slightest. It's just a bit more warmth added into the mix, while the ambergris gives that salt sex twang it's so hot at, making sure that you know that is is passionate and *sexual* love, not just a passion of the heart. It's warm though, not coldly sexual in the slightest. This love wraps you in her arms and cunt, brings you to the heights of joy, looks deep into your eyes, and knows you. Knows your flaws and opens herself up totally, with trust, love, and the deep passion of the sea.

BRAVO, Lab! And BIG GINORMOUS THANKS to the imps & goblins of the Lab who so generously gave me my hearts desire! :P

Happy Lupercalia, dear ones!

N.

My review is relatively simple, if only to help those compair and hope for a possible substitution.

The clove in this is splended, unique and lovely. For that alone, I would recommend it to anyone. And though I have looked up the notes and try to see what they have in common... I can't find anything. Regardless, the most prominant note in this (both in the bottle and on the skin) is very very close to Kabuki.

Other than that, the notes disappear and mingle and simply become 'art'.

Brava.

in the bottle: O M G!!!!!sweet, spicey

vanilla, musk, clove...faints!

wet: this is unbearably gorgeous. i can't stop sniffing my arm. it is just what i wanted it to be. and it is stunning. soft clove, not biting, not burning just a nice soft clove. very reminicent of my clove cigarettes. which i LOVE!

as it dries this becomes absolutely soft, fluffy. vanilla, musky, hint of clove...perfect and beth i will gladly whore myself to you for more :P

I've already traded my bottle of Ecstasy of Infatuation for this one (thanks C!), lol. While I do like Passion more than Infatuation, neither of them are really me scents.

In the bottle this is a warm, powdery musk. It smells very womanly and bold. On my skin it turns into a sensual, powdery haze. Ecstasy of Passion is not a full out baby powder though (thankfully), the spice keeps it from going that way.

This is a warm fragrance, dominated by musk. The sweet clove and vanilla give it a kiss of sweetness. The red musk, amber, and ambergris keep it very warm and musky. It’s MUSK, but with a sweet edge and a touch of powder.

Something about musk fragrances like these are very adult to me. I imagine a beautiful and confident woman in her late 30’s+ wearing this scent. It’s sensual, bold, confident, and assertive. It’s just not the sort of thing that I could pull off… it doesn’t seem right on 19 year old me. I'd say it was for a more experienced seductress than myself; more for a woman who knows exactly what she wants and how to get it. I want to be this woman, but both of us know that I'm not really there yet.

I feel like a little girl who got into an amazing older someone’s perfume collection when I’m wearing this. It's not a passion that fits a young Tania, lol.

I was just glad that I didn't get the Agony scent with rose in it, but I was pleasantly surprised to get Passion, especially after sending in a story about one of my dogs.

I was a little turned off by the oil's smell from the bottle because it seemed a little more boozy and busy that my usual preferences. The oil is also a red-brown, probably from the musk, which made me worry. A lot of the darker coloured oils go bad on my skin.

However, by the time I was driving to work, the scent had dried and morphed into a beautiful spicy blend. It's a little more confident and sexy than I usually feel, and it's definitely not a work place scent for me. However, it will be lovely for dressing up, going out, and planning to turn heads!

I was so excited to receive this scent, as this was the one I was really hoping for. And I definitely was not disappointed!

I can't really distinguish individual notes in the bottle, but on my skin it turns wonderfully musky and spicy. The cloves really stand out. I can't stop sniffing my wrist! I agree with shelldoo - It really does remind me of clove cigarettes, which I love.

I'm so glad I sunmitted to the Inquisition! I think this could easily become a favorite oil of mine. :P

In the bottle:

red musk and amber

On me:

I have to admit, I'm a little shocked that this blend has not been compared yet to two other BPAL blends - ones that are very sought after and loved to boot. I don't think it's just me, I think some other people MUST smell the similarity too, it's very distinct!

When I first put this on, I immediately though of Trick 1. It smells VERY similar, but there was just one thing that wasn't just like it but it made me think of something else. Smut. The musk in this is the one in Smut (and also Sed Non Satiata). So this blend smells like Smut and Trick 1 had a love child. And I'm not saying it's just similar really, it's actually very much JUST like those two blends. If Beth had mixed those two together, I imagine this is what it would smell like. The musk is very prominent but behind it is a lovely clove note - not as strong as in some blends like Three Witches, but it's there. I would call it a soft clove. All the other notes just kind of blend together to make a golden warm background to this scent. It's smooth, musky and a little husky from the clove and ambergris.

Final note:

If you love Smut and/or Trick 1 you should submit to the Inquisition and try to get a bottle of this. I find them to be very similar and I think anyone who liked those scents will enjoy this one too. It's very nice!

Edited by Brianne

A lot of people said they were surprised by what they got in this inquisition, but the Ecstasy of Passion fit my story perfectly :D By fragrance alone I was hoping for True Love, but now that I have this, I'm not disappointed.

In the bottle this kind of scares me -- the red musk is very prominent, and something about the red musk combined with the clove has an almost patchouli-like feel (I don't know, all right? my nose is weird.)

On my skin this is still very spicy red-musk-y, and the clove is definately picking up -- a smudgy, sweet clove, not agressive. This is very well-blended, and I'm having a lot of trouble picking out individual notes, but it's a warm spicy blend... unfortunately, warm spicy blends are rarely my cup of tea :S

The drydown, however, makes it all worthwhile. Curiously I get no vanilla until after about half an hour (vanilla usually amps like crazy on my skin) -- the rich dark bourbon vanilla isn't really present from close up, but from about half a foot away the scent of it begins to hover, mixing with the petitgrain and a hint of clove. Right up against my skin, it's still warm and spicy but the red musk is no longer eating everything else, and the amber is beginning to come out -- not as powdery as it usually is on me, more the creamy amber I've heard other people talk about :D

VERDICT: I like Passion a lot, particularly after it's had a while to settle down. However, I'm much more comfortable in light, cool, slightly silvery scents than warm spicy musky fragrances, and so I don't think I'll reach for this one often. When I do, though... :P

When I read the notes, I wanted Passion with a... passion. I was so happy when I received it!

In the bottle: Clove. No musk, no vanilla, no amber - no nothin' but clove. *shrug*

On my skin: Clove! Pure, unadulterated clove. Clove SN. What the heck has happened to my red musk?? My amber?? Did I get a weird bottle? Is my nose broken? What?!

Tried a second time.

Clove SN.

:D :P

Swapped to a more loving home. Gorram evil skin!! :D

THE ECSTASY OF PASSION

In Bottle: Spicy and musky

On Skin: Yum… reminds me of Smut right away. This wa the one blend I was hoping most for and couldn’t wait to review. I smell the red musk most, very dominant followed by clove which isn’t one of my favorite notes, but I like the spice it adds here. I also smell the gorgeous resins… some of my favorite notes in scent blends. The Bourbon vanilla is creamy and sweet but at first gives a slightly plastic scent, but luckily fades into pure sweetness that helps balance the spice. If you like Smut, you will love this scent. It’s a little more spicy and not as full on musk as Smut, but it’s in the same ballpark. Very sexy, very dark and very beautiful. I’d wear this for sure and hope that when my Inquisition arrives that I do indeed get Passion. It has a pretty heavy throw and long wearlength.

Passion smells like Red Lantern and Herr Drosselmeyer had sex and then he light a pipe and she lit a clove cigarette.

It's certainly smokey, in other words. =) I can see how it might be someone's Passion.

First off, I LOVE PASSION :P (thank you Judica!!)

WET:On me, It's remincent of a clove version of Snake Charmer. Which of course is alright by me :D

DRYDOWN: The drydown is so beautiful, and this perfume has great staying power. The vanilla starts to peek through, and the spicy aspect of the perfume reminds me of the spices in shub and Gingerbread Poppet 2004 (minus the ginger) It is simply TDF. I cannot wait to see how this bottle ages, but, I'm afraid it may not last that long! :D

Going to my top 10, and will now have to toss my tushie in too, for the hunt for more.

well, I was part of a decant circle for all 6 Inquisition scents (run by my Enabler, the wonderful HennaFairy), so I will review them all!

Passion: Ok... I can see why this is a fan favorite... and also can tell even from a sniff that it won't work on me. Boohoo! Of course I still tried it (LOL)... In the imp... musky with a hint of sweet & vanilla. On me? rubber musk. :P What a shame!!

In the imp, this has a bit of a chemical smell to me -- I get the clove, but there's something in there that makes me think of ... well, a perfume counter! I think it's the top notes, there's a chemical sort of smell that comes off of galbanum and ambergris to my nose.

On my skin it instantly transforms. I'd swear there was honey in this, I get a lush, honeyed clove, not dissimilar from my beloved Masque, but lacking the carnation and gritty earth tones.

Every note in this is something that reacts very well on my skin -- it unfolds in a dozen different directions on my skin, sweet and resiny helped along by the musk, that lends some muscle to the blend. I'd swear there was a sweet, lilting honey-sweet floral in there but it all calms down to a simmering, sultry clove in the end.

I would have loved to get a bottle of this, but I am very happy with the one that I did end up with. I will have to just try to find ways to hoard this wherever I can find it, but ultimately I think Masque is my favorite clovey scent.

Edited by sarada

Glorious.

In the bottle, sweet creamy vanilla and clove. When first applied, it's STRONG clove (as others have said, clove cigarettes) but I like those, so I'm happy.

The sharpness quickly fades and it dries to a sweet clove smell. Then it starts to morph- amber and resin and all sorts of lovely notes come out to play as the clove slowly recedes. I just adore this and will treasure what I have. :P

The Ecstasy of Passion:

Imp: Mm, Red Phoenix on crack - no wonder people are going mad for this scent! - applied to back of left wrist

Wet: Less yummy, the bourbon vanilla comes out with the cloves :D

Dry: Cloves, musk, hint of amber.

Verdict: Oh gods. It's a keeper. I want more. Damnit. *whimpers* This is agony. :P

The Ecstasy of Passion is quite the scent. I've worn it a few times now, and finally feel like I have a good understanding of it. Beth's description listed a few components I am not familiar with so I am not really sure if I'm picking up all the notes or not. But what I do smell, I love.

It's strongly clove and musk, but it has a sexy, almost dirty component to it that I suspect is the ambergris (and I looked THAT up - zonks!). The amber is there too, mixed with the very subtle bourbon vanilla, and I'm so pleased that it doesn't get powdery - the clove, musk and ambergris perfectly balance it out.

Moderate to light throw, and average wearlength. I expect this to stick around longer than it actually does, but while it's here, it's a wow.

In the bottle I smell vanilla, musk and spices-yummy! :D

I really wanted this one-it was my first choice. Every bit of this reacts well with me-from the vanilla to the amber to the spices (especially the cloves). I have to say that this has to be my favorite scent so far. This is an elegant scent that wraps it's arms around you in an embrace and caressess you. I don't think that one bottle will be enough! :D

I remember a song that my parents used to play that I keep singing after wearing Passion:

"I'm in Heaven, I get carried away, I think of you and me, and how its going to be".

I think my husband will like this one! :P

mmm...clove and red musk. i have started to realize that if the imp is red or brown, most of the time i will *love* it. this is right up my alley, reminds me of the boozy, heady scent of formula 54.

i'm glad i at least got a decant of this, i only wish i'd gotten it in my inquisition pleas.

I so wanted to like this!

I've seen so many reviews comparing it to Smut, and I definitely get the sense that it wants to go in that direction, but it goes plasticky on me - smells almost like those clingy decorations for windows. Then the clove comes out VERY strongly and it's like I'm in the club, surrounded by smokers. It's even making my eyes water.

I'll take Smut over Passion any day.

Oh yeah, that's the stuff! Musky clove with the amber and vanilla lurking softly in the background - they're not noticeable as their own scents but rather round out the clove and musk. After a few hours the clove dies down a little more and the vanilla becomes more noticeable. I love this vanilla, too - it's the rich, warm scent I associated with vanilla pre-BPAL rather than the light, sweet vanilla I typically find with BPAL. The boy loved this on me, and I really wish it was going to be possible to get a second bottle for less than the cost of my firstborn and a few limbs.

Mmmm. My favorite of the Ecstasies for sure.

When it first went on it seemed to strong. Soon the clove and vanilla melded and became a lovely very warm scent. As it adjusts on my skin the amber and musk come out to play a bit too. This is a spicy, sultry, and warm blend, makes me think of lowered lashes and slow smiles in an old building in a place you have never been.