Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

This season’s Ridiculous Scent! As creepy as Spooky was spooky, this is the scent of butterscotch-kissed, caramel-smothered red apples spiked with a blast of coconut rum.

yummmm.

Sweet caramel apple and coconut, easy as that. Usually caramel goes weird on me, but not this blend! Deliciously foody. I'll definitely use my decant.

and I'm also hungry now.

This is everything I ever wanted it to be and more! I never thought that I would get to try this, but thanks to the amazing generosity of my Switch Witch I received some today!

I get boozy coconutty caramel initially from the bottle. On skin the coconut blends with the butterscotch to create something that is purely amazing. Apples are bobbing in the background.

I can't believe how perfect this scent it. I need moar, I need to hoard.

:P

fresh: Apple, caramel, apple, coconut, apple and more apple.

on the dry down: caramel sugar with a hint of effervescent apple.

If sugar skull and Punkie Night had a baby, this is how it would smell.

:P

Edited by Ohmaude

When I first popped the imp cap open, it was APPLES! Sweet, juicy apples, with a little something floral(?) in the background. Once on my skin, though, no more flowers (yay!) and I get a hint of the caramel tossed in there. I don't get any coconut rum, which is all fine and good because this is quite nice without it. Besides, rum notes seem to go funky on me.

It's not as sweet as I feared it'd be, and the apples are delicious.. like a big ol' glass of apple juice, with just a hint of tartness; the caramel giving it a nice rounded feel. While it's not something I can wear, it's gorgeous.

Wet: APPLES. With a hint of caramel.

Dry: I love this! The caramel comes out a lot more, and the apple and caramel are very distinct, separate scents on my skin somehow. The caramel doesn't go "burnt" on me like a lot of sugars do, which is awesome. There is just a touch of coconut as well.

In conclusion: YUMMY. This is such a delicious scent!

In the bottle: Mmmmm, caramel, butterscotch, with a hint of apple..

On my skin it smells like butterscotch candies and apples, with a hint of something slightly floral floating around. It is a very light scent on my skin.. It eventually turns very floral and almost fades away.. (I'm thinking I may have to try this one again a bit later in the month.)

Yeah, this is exactly like the scent description says...to a t! Butterscotch tinged caramel apples with a splash o' coconut rum. Stays true on my skin. Awesome throw, lasts forever. What's not to love? :wub2:

This is nommilicious. This is such a sticky, sweet, nummy caramelized treat, with Macintosh apple warming up underneath the hot caramel. I can't stop inhaling at my skin. I can't type well with my nose at the back of my hand.

In bottle: Apple on top, a touch over ripe, with the coconut rum and butterscotch supporting it. It’s eerily realistic. Maybe too realistic. Wet: That’s clearly red delicious there. I think the rum is creating the hint of rot. The coconut is less noticeable on the skin, while the caramel comes out stronger here. This is so realistic that my sensory equipment finds it confusing and it has a lot of throw. Dry: Ah. There’s the coconut. It’s beautifully blended, with all the elements contributing to the overall effect. The caramel does go faintly plastic, but not enough to matter. It’s excellent as apple blend go.

bottle: this smells more boozy than the 2006 version. i can barely smell the apple or caramel, it's just a sweet rum scent.

wet: this smells more tart and green-apple than richly red apple like the 2006 version. i suspect this may be an aging issue though. the apple is more bright and vibrant, the rum and caramel are the backnotes on my skin.

dry: as this dries, it smells closer to sugar-slathered candied apple. my bottle of the 2006 version is far heavier on the butterscotch-caramel. this is a crisp, tart green apple covered in caramel.

I assume it's OK to put the 2009 version reviews up here.

Bottle - BUTTERSCOTCH!!! It's pure rich buttery butterscotch. Or maybe butterscotch schnapps, since it's quite boozeriffic. If I sniff carefully I can pick up a hint of apple. Delicious!

Wet - Oh, hello apple! I 'd been wondering about you. The butterscotch almost disappears in the wake of juicy, crunchy apple. I swear sometimes it's dark Red Delicious and others it's crisp Granny Smith. At this point it's more caramel than butterscotch.

Dry- This is lovely! The apple has faded back enough to let everything else blend in with it. It peeks out with a juicy crunch now and then, just to be sure you're paying attention, but is otherwise happy to mingle with the others. Over the apple is a scent that keeps shifting for me, sometimes butterscotch, sometimes pure caramel. Well, not pure. I swear this is a cream caramel. I am getting distinct wafts of smooth sweet cream, though the note isn't listed. The cream seems enhanced by the light coconut scent, so maybe it's more of a coconut cream? I think that's the note. Fresh young coconut cream, because this coconut smells nothing like suntan lotion, but is fresh and light. Every now and again there's a sense of a tiny whiff of something allllmost floral. Like maybe a breath of apple blossoms.

Overall - I really love this. It has staying power and it's fairly strong (It stood out over the other scents I dabbed last night, outlasting them all, and the full test today is showing that wasn't a fluke). It's not too appley, but just right. I can't help but be reminded of a stronger, more assertive, and sweeter Agrat-Bat-Mahalat. Something in this is giving me the sense of the same skin musk as in that one. Because caramel apples shouldn't be sexy, but somehow this is. I do NOT smell like a little girl in this. At all. It's womanly.

If I sniff hard at the wrist I do get a hint of the waxy scent that bothers me sometimes in scents with vanilla, but there's no hint of that in the waft. And oh, how delightful, there is considerable waft here.

Creepy 2009

Inside the bottle, strong caramel.

On the skin, caramel apples. Definitely granny smith variety. More apple than I recall Creepy '06 being--I seem to recall that one being mostly caramel on my skin.

And, yes, quite reminiscent of Sugar-Slathered Candied Apple.

Creepy 2009

Ok, 2009 smells like they used a different kind of apple...maybe a red apple instead of a green one.

the booze is not no noticiable in this one either.If you have 2006 you should also get 2009 'cause they are slightly different.

Ok, in the bottle of 2009: carmel apples with just a hint of coconut rum.

On me: much the same as in the bottle though the carmel stands out more. Very yummy, go get yourself one!

Creepy 2009

In the bottle: WHOAH HEY CARAMEL HOW YOU'S DOIN'?

Wet on arm: Apples slathered in caramel. That pretty much covers it. VERY heavy on the caramel, light on the apple. We're talking triple-dipped here.

On the drydown: The apples appear sometimes, other times it's pure caramel. Having recently tried Sugar Slathered Candy Apple, I'd say this is slightly less sweet, but very similar.

In the bottle: A strong mix of butterscotch and coconut rum. It took me a minute to pick out the coconut rum listed on there, but once I knew it was there, it came up very strong.

Wet: Ooo now I smell apples! Actually, this smells exactly like these apple lollipops with a caramel center that I loved when I was a kid..

Dry: Everything softens to a nice warm butterscotch scent.

Well, it has an amazing throw, and has lasted all night. Each time I get a whiff of it, I start craving candy, which makes it an awesome Halloween scent :D

On me, this almost isn't foody. The caramel doesn't last(no surprise on me.), but, the butterscotch, apple, and coconut rum blend together so very thoroughly that they make a different, almost but not quite floral scent.

far drydown is butterscotch.

In the imp it's a smattering of scents. I can clearly pick out the caramel, the apples and the coconut swirling about.

Wet it's a like a sharp boozy apple. Like an appletini if you will. In the locket the caramel stays more true and its not near as boozy.

Well damn it, I was all set not to like this one but it's dried beautifully! A soft, sweet apple scent that is just perfect for fall! Barring some horrible transformation, this one will most likely be a keeper! In the locket, the caramel is running rampant and just isn't doing it for me at all.

I think this is the first time that I've had a scent that works on my skin but doesn't ring my bell in the locket! Thankfully the gorgeous sweet apple scent stays pretty true! :yum:

Creepy 2009

Bottle: delicious caramel-dipped green apples. Very sweet smelling but not overly so.

On me: still yummy smelling and the apple comes out a bit more as does the coconut rum. Unfortunately, I have to keep reapplying this one because my skin seem to eat it up.

Overall: I really like this one even if it does make me crave a caramel apple.

Creepy version 09

I put this on at work and my co-worker immediately noticed, what a throw! Just from the throw, he thought it smelled like biscotti.

In the vial: apples and more apples, and I get a slight whiff of the coconut.

Wet: juicy red apples with a hint of butterscotch.

Dry: reminds me of Yankee Candle’s MacIntosh scent because it kind of develops a slight waxy, plasticy like smell, might be from the coconut.

Overall this is a good ole fall apple scent. I am happy having a decant of it, but do not need a bottle.

In the imp: WHOA RUM. Smells exactly like a shot of Malibu.

Wet: Mmm, apples and butterscotch and caramel and coconut rum, just like the description. The apple note is sharp, crisp and fresh, with all that sugary boozy deliciousness on top.

Dry: ...aww, it's gotten really faint. Still delicious, but now it's just a light gooey trace of apple-y caramel on my wrist. But I didn't apply very much, so next time if I can get it to stick around longer it might have real potential to be a favorite.

Today is a Creepy '09 day. :)

Definitely getting the butterscotch caramel apple... that's pretty much it. My skin, I've found, doesn't like coconut too much, so I think that is making this tend the tiniest little bit toward the fake-y side.

The apple is fresh from the orchard; crisp and cold. The caramel is warm and buttery. Not a whole lot of throw on me; my skin must be eating it... well, it is pretty delicious smelling.

Overall, a nice fall apple orchard scent. I'm delighted to have a decant; a bottle isn't necessary.

Creepy 2006

This is one of those scents that just keeps getting better with age. Back in '06 when I first received Creepy, it was pretty much coconut apples with hints of butterscotch.

3 years later this is candy apples with coconut. The butterscotch is smooth, creamy and so delicious. The apple isn't as tart and the coconut rum adds a element to the butterscotch that is undescribible. I can't wait to get a fresh bottle of creepy, as I think will enjoy the apple goodness it initally started with, but will enjoy it as it ages.

Creepy 2009

Yup. Tart, crispy apples with hints of coconut! I adore it.

Edited by Schmoozy