Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
oakmoss

When you need something comforting or cheering

I would normally recommend Dorian as well, but... the first time I wore Dorian I had to be taken to the hospital.  No, not because of Dorian, but in any case, it's hard to shake it as a bad-luck scent for me.  The next time I wore it, I had a really bad day: the water for tea wasn't hot at work, I was cranky with my boyfriend, etc.  Maybe I somehow got some bizarre cursed imp or something. 

...looking down at my wrist where I just applied Dorian for the first time...

Uh-oh. :P

Sure smells good, though!

I second Moxie. That stuff works like a charm. I like to keep the bottle on my desk at work and sniff it when I start to get stressed out.

It is also the only thing I can stomach to wear when hungover :P

For me it's Titania in the warm weather and Spooky or Snake Oil in the cold. They are all scents that I love, and I like to use them on craptastic days because they're long lasting, and I know I'll be able to smell them all day.

Alice, something in that warm creamy tea scent is what I need when I am sorta pissy. :P

Aunt Carolyn's Jooooooooy Mojo. Or Titania.

Though I'm starting to get curious about Moxie. :P

Sudha Segara: Rich, creamy, and just a tad sweet. Lifts my mood immediately.

Edited by Aredhel

aunt caroline's joy mojo or high john the conqueror because they both work wonders! :P

i haven't tried has no hanna but here is the description and all of beth's voodoo oils that i have tried really do what they say.

brings a rush of good luck, lifts the spirit, and helps alleviate depression.

so, i'd say give it a try!

Edited by graycat

i haven't tried has no hanna but here is the description and all of beth's voodoo oils that i have tried really do what they say.

brings a rush of good luck, lifts the spirit, and helps alleviate depression.

That's the one I reach for when life feels overwhelming & anxiety attack-y. (I had many of those moments in the last month of school.) Not my favorite perfume, but it does pretty well for the stress issues (& the luck! Nifty things happened all over the place the first time I used it. Other times, somethign else just seemed to go unusually well). I suspect it'd do well for cranky shit-keeps-going-wrong days as well.

Mi Go Brain cheers me up right quick, along with the Apothocary. there is something so light and lovely about it. clears my head, it does.

n.

Embalming Fluid is my "chill out" scent if I'm stressed; Jolly Roger is what I use if I need to recover my sense of humour; and Block Buster helps me deal with obstacles, in addition to just smelling lovely.

Embalming Fluid for me, too (also works for hungover days, sick days, and days when I can't handle sweet scents).

Second pick would be The Apothecary or Cathode, because mossy scents always cheer me up. Yep, I'm odd.

When I'm feeling unsure and scared and in need of comfort, White Light layered with Lionheart works wonders. If I'm feeling too raw and sensitive to deal with the outside world right away, Dragon's Milk or Dragon's Tears or Bastet wrap me up in fierce protection and allow me to deal with the world. When I just want to feel a bit of cheer, Pink Moon, Chiroptera or Queen of Clubs usually does it for me.

If I'm feeling nasty, just dragging ass out of bed and feeling all churlish, Pele lifts me right up. Makes me want to dance barefoot around a bonfire or something. And I don't even like the whole tropical island scene! It's just a really lovely, smiling scent for me.

Yup, definitely Aunt Carolines Joy Mojo or Dorian.

I also find that Pink Moon makes me cheerfully anticipate the rest of my day (maybe cuz one of the first times I wore it was a first day a new exciting job).

And any time I come home and find hubby wearing Tombstone, it instantly transforms my day to magic.