Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
oakmoss

When you need something comforting or cheering

Depends on the kind of day.

If it's cold outside, then something homey, like Shub Niggurath or Spooky.

If it's warm, something citrussy, like The Star.

A dab of Aunt Caroline's Joy Mojo also really helps.

If I know it's going to be an absolute hellacious day, then I call in the special forces-- a teeny dab of Helping Hand or Blue Moon.

I'm all about Nuclear Winter at the moment. Very stressful week at work and NW helps to calm me down. Phantasm is my "cheery" scent. :P

Recently I just went through a bad breakup and had a few deaths in my family. I really need a comforting scent. I am also considering a TAL order too, but I want something I can wear as a perfume. My favorite blends so far are: Nocturne, Gingerbread Poppet, Brisigaman, Perversion and Neo Tokyo. Any recs?

Recently I just went through a bad breakup and had a few deaths in my family. I really need a comforting scent. I am also considering a TAL order too, but I want something I can wear as a perfume. My favorite blends so far are: Nocturne, Gingerbread Poppet, Brisigaman, Perversion and Neo Tokyo. Any recs?

I find that White Rabbit is my 'comfort scent'. Mild and sweet and calming. But your mileage may vary.

If you like the warm spiciness of Gingerbread Poppet, you might like Bengal. Another scent I find really comforting is Alice, which smells like milky, sweet, spicy tea. I hope you find something you love!

My comfort scent has always been Snake Oil - when I am sick or down I have that on and it makes feel better.

Alice is gently cheering, my first choice for a bad time (other than TAL blends). Other blends I find very comforting include Penitence, Dragon's Milk, Black Opal, Blood Pearl, Obatala, and Chaste Moon, if you can find any. If you like Gingerbread Poppet, you will probably like all or most of the Pumpkin Patch, too.

Thanks everyone! What about the new LE's/ Springtime/Dracula scents? Has anyone found a comforting TAL blend that work well as a perfume?

I *love* Alice, Jezebel, and Sudha Segara as comfort scents. If you like GP, Sudha Segara may be another thing to try, since it's a lovely ginger-honey blend. Thaleia for me is happiness in a bottle.

Creamy, sweet, musky, or spicy are always comforting to me: Antique Lace, Snake Oil, Morocco, Chimera, Bordello, O, and Dragon's Milk are coming directly to mind.

:P just thought you needed that :D

Comfort scents.. hmm, mine are Snake Oil, Gluttony, Morocco, and Antique Lace.

Although today I wore Misk U and it was an instant comfort that lasted all day, you might want to try that now that it's GC :D

Miskatonic University, to me, is a comforting and warm smell. Of the new update stuff, I'd recommend Dia de Los Muertos, perhaps, and maybe Creepy if that sort of thing cheers you up like it sometimes does for me. :P

I also like Baku and Somnus for putting me in a relaxed, sleepy place. from the TAL, I have Peace and White Light, both of which I use sometimes when I need to feel calm and comforted. Both can be applied as perfume-with-intent, which is usually how I use them.

My favorite comfort scents include: Dove's Heart, Dragon's Milk, Mouse's Long and Sad Tale, Jacob's Ladder, The Coiled Serpent and Dragon's Musk.

I find that White Rabbit is my 'comfort scent'. Mild and sweet and calming. But your mileage may vary.

Ditto. I reapply 3x a day, but whenever I'm feeling like I need to find my happy place I put that on.

Thanks everyone! What about the new LE's/ Springtime/Dracula scents? Has anyone found a comforting TAL blend that work well as a perfume?

I like TAL Lionheart for both the intent and the scent. Take a look at the reviews - I think it might suit you.

My comfort scent is Embalming Fluid. It echoes tons of good memories of shopping for perfume with my mom, trying to find one she liked and that didn't bother my allergies. It also brings back memories of getting big hugs from her, helping her decide what to wear for a special occasion... Since I love my mom a lot, this is very comforting.

So if you have very good memories associated with a specific scent, you might find that comforting.

Kalli

I'm going to reccomend Baobahn Sith, Snake Oil, and Obatala. They're very different scents, but they're each comforting in their own way.

Baobahn Sith is grapefruity and doesn't go funky on me. It's a very refreshing scent if you're looking to steer clear of teas and florals. Snake Oil has more of a "warm foody" quality to it. Vanilla is a great base in comfort scents. It's also something you can wear on any occasion; work, a day out, or a night on the town. It's a sexy scent, and when you feel sexy, it's a great confidence booster. As for Obatala, I'm not a huge fan, but coconut and shea butter are very comforting and the oil reminds me of clean skin. There's just something soothing about that.

ANTHELION

Overcomes poverty, illness, and bad luck. Drives off despair and grief, and enables you to find hope and joy in life again.

BASTET'S LAUGHTER

Anoint red, orange and yellow candles with this blend and light throughout the home to banish ill-fortune, eliminate poverty and want, and infuse the atmosphere with hope and happiness.

BLOCK BUSTER

Used to open up options in your life, overcome obstacles, and create opportunities. This blend increases your potential for success, inspires creativity and quick thinking, and helps you to be more flexible, adaptable and open to change.

EUPHONY

Creates an atmosphere of trust, harmony, compassion and understanding.

LIONHEART

Grants you immense amounts of courage and drive. Useful to help you recover from intense depression and ennui. Brings on a positive outlook, renews hope, and replenishes positive energy. Fills your spirit with the courage and nobility of a lion, warmed by the life-giving joy of its solar aspects.

MANTLE OF VENUS

Brings immense success in love and money.

RADIANCE OF RA

Creates a nimbus of glittering solar energy. Aids in all healing work, unveils lies and deceptions, promotes vigor and vitality, and grants blessings of joy and contentment.

ROAD OPENER

Brings you new opportunities, shows you alternative paths and breaks down barriers.

:P <<<And lots of these.

Dana O'Shee is nice for comfort. I think O is really comforting, but a lot of people think it's too sexy to be comforting.

Dragon's Milk is a nice snuggly feeling too.

Has anyone found a comforting TAL blend that work well as a perfume?

White Light has a lovely scent.

I second the White Light and Lionheart recommendations! Lionheart helped me through a period of grief when I really got stuck and was having trouble moving on.

Many of the Halloween and all of the Dracula blends are new, so no one has tried them yet... If you find incense/church scents comforting, All Saints (LE), Cathedral or Kostnice might be nice.

Vanilla, lavender and patchouli all have calming qualities - so while Old Scratch might not sound like the name of a comfort scent, I find it very comforting! Almost any of my vanilla favorites seem to have that effect on me (The Mouse's Long Sad Tale, Black Opal, Antique Lace, Lyonesse).