Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Damask Rose

Akuma

Devilish temptation, as sweet as sin: blood orange, neroli, and raspberry.

In The Bottle
Fruity neroli

On Application
As above

Dry Down
The raspberry comes through a couple of minutes into the drydown. Fruity but not sweet. Doesn't really do it for me.

Rating (0-5)

Ooh, I am excited to try this-there aren't enough blood orange or raspberry scents!!! Neroli and I don't always get along...we'll see how I do with this.

Damn...the neroli is a bit strong in the imp. Stronger than have liked. There is a orange/red candy scent under the neroli, which I'm hoping comes out more on my skin!

On my skin, this smells...kind of like sweet tarts O_o Like a mix of the pink and orange ones. I am a foody/candy scent lovin girl, but the neroli just really kind of throws this whole thing off for me...

Yeah, seriously, this dries down to sweet tarts o_O The neroli does fade a quite a bit on drydown, though it almost leaves a dusty undertone? This is an alright blend, but not an OMG I LOVE IT blend. Not bottleworthy for me, but if you are a fruity/candy scent lover, check this out and see if it works better for you!

In bottle/imp: Raspberry sweet tarts.

Immediately on skin: This really smells like raspberry pixie stix, or sweet tarts. It’s a strong, sweet raspberry scent with a very tart citrus twinge. It smells like candy.

After a little while: The raspberry has faded a little and the citrus has come out a little more. The scent still hits me as a tart and almost powdery raspberry candy. It’s sweet and really has a nice straightforwardness about it.

Overall Impressions: This one is a little too sweet for me, but I can imagine it appealing to some people. It’s odd how much it reminds me of pixie stix though! (or however you spell it) It’s fruity and tart with a lot of sweetness to it, but it’s balanced very nicely.

Another frimp from the Lab! I looked up the name of this one in hopes of learning more, but only got a gajillion pages about Street Fighter. The extent of what I could find about the actual legend was that Akuma carries a flaming sword, and you really don't wanna run into one.

In the imp: Bitter citrus with a hint of berry and something that's maybe a bit powdery. I see where people are getting the sweet tarts impression.

Wet on skin: The bitter aspect (neroli, I assume) really comes out. It's pretty much the main thing I smell right now.

Drydown: Freshly dry, it's still all neroli. After about an hour, it has shifted to a bitter and somewhat powdery raspberry. The blood orange has not reared its head.

Five hours later: Raspberry sweet tarts. Ayup. Perhaps vaguely evil sweet tarts, but any neroli that's left is extremely faint.

End of the day: Very very faint raspberry sweet tarts. I'm pretty impressed the raspberry has lasted so long, since the rest of the notes are long gone.

Overall: The bitter fruity smell at the beginning was interesting, but on the whole, I am not entirely keen on smelling like sweet tarts, even demonic ones. I have a candy fiend friend, though, who I suspect will enjoy Akuma precisely for the demonic sweet tarts factor. Enablement ahoy! I am also coming to realize that citrus doesn't tend to stick around for long on my skin (disappeared in Akuma and Schrödinger's Cat, couldn't even smell the orange in Fearful Pleasure), and will keep this in mind regarding future orders.

In the Imp I didn't like this at all, but wanted to try it out to see what, if anything it morphed.

On it smells sweeter, but I'm still not sure I like it much, it smells like candies my grandad used to eat.

I'm on the fence with this one, not sure I like it, but will try it again in a week or so.

This is a bright, cheerful, fruity scent. The neroli adds depth to the blood orange and raspberry, and I find it lends to taking most of the sweetness and doing away with it. It is fun and playful and very uplifting.

Wet - This smells like pez. Dark pez maybe, but pez nonetheless.

Drydown - Pez and grandma's soap.

Dry - Grandma's soap. Fruit (pez) has disappeared.

Even more dry - Not even soap anymore, just straight powder. I'm wondering now which of the notes my skin is morphing... my chemistry usually loves neroli. I have a feeling it's the blood orange, which makes me sad because I love the way they smell.

The verdict: swap.

This was a frimp from a dear friend. Akuma was her first BPAL. I was thrilled to get it and anxious to try it. I love neroli...but just as many reviewers, I get nothing but fruity Pez.

I'm will no doubt pass this along to someone else to try. Just one that doesn't agree with me.

In Vial: Green

Wet: Fesh cut green grass. A bit powdery.

Dry: This is smelling softer and more floral.

ADDED Nov. 30:

in vial: strong berry candy

wet: stronger still. Smells of berry candy perfume. Equal scent strength of perfume and sugary berries.

dry: This belnd s very purple. The perfumey note has dissapated and now its ripe sugary berries.

Fruity but not overpowering or candy-sweet. A bit like bubble bath, maybe? Very soft and lovely. Keeping this one for now!

A lovely raspberry with a hint of blood orange that reminds me of those chocolate oranges we get at holiday time. I don't seem to be getting the candy sweetness that many reviewers got.

Pretty but I'm not a fruity gal. Since I'm the 4th to have this one, I think, I will pass it on:)

This is a very juicy fruit, though not very sweet. There is a certain greeness to it. Very nice and light, would be great for summer time. :P

In the imp - Oranges and sickly sweet bubble gum. Cough syrupy. I really don't want to put this one on, lol.

Wet - Smells like an orange popsicle.

Dry - Less strong, but still far too sweet.

Overall - Not at all for me, had to wash it off. Going to swap this one.

This will be quick....

In the bottle, on wet and after drydown it was ALL raspberry on me. No Neroli, no blood orange, nothing else. Just raspberry, but not the sickly sweet candy type, it smelled like a natural raspberry the whole time. I like it though it won't be my absolute fave.

Imp: very strong orange, but not in a sweet way...

Wet: the raspberry is coming through, but the neroli is giving it an off smell...kind of sour

Dry: smells soapy...not good

Smell alike: a citrusy *Maenad*

Color impression: Electric red

On me: Hum… my skin dislikes something in this blend and it yells it LOUD- let me wash it off XD

I think that me and the lab's strawberry and raspberry notes don't get along together very well ^^;

Wearing: I had nice expectations for this one but in the end the unnatural raspberry spoiled everything!

This is so beautiful, but I just don't think I can get past the neroli. The raspberries and blood orange are just gorgeous in this and if I concentrate really hard, I can totally smell them peaking through and rounding out the whole blend. But generally, all I get is neroli, with which I have a very interesting love-hate relationship.

Dry, this ends up a lovely lightly fruity (NEROLI!) floral on my skin.

Very very pretty, but not my cup of tea.

I had high hopes for this one going in, as the lab's berry notes usually work well on me, citrus usually works well, and neroli is about my favorite scent on the planet.

In the imp, it really is Fruity Pebbles. :ack:

Once I put it on and it settled a little, it turned into a super-juicy combo of blood orange and raspberry with a very distinct neroli note on top. Once it hit this stage about 5 minutes in, it stayed like this for hours. I *love* it, because for me the neroli keeps it from being too sticky sweet. My partner, on the other hand, thought it smelled rather like cough syrup.

The deciding factor on whether or not I get a bottle will be figuring out whether or not my partner ever notices the cough syrup scent without me making him sniff my wrists directly. For my part, I think it's lovely - very bright, cheery and uplifting.

At first it smells like the neroli show, and all I can get is a bit of orange with a peppery bitterness ("starring Neroli as..."). Once it dries, I smell like...Tang. Or Pez, or orange smarties...dry, powdered orange with sugar. Like a dehydrated non-floral version of Titania. I like it though! It's a bit like Fantasy Bath's Wake Up Sleepyhead.

Edited to remove the double post

Edited by savage_rose

Imp: Blood orange and something...weird. Not bad. That neroli?

Wet: Something weird and cut grass about this scent. I'm not sold

Drydown: It's kind of bitter on me, truth be told. I'm not getting anything fruity, I'm just getting...I don't even know what to call it. Yeah this is just not good at all.

Overall: Swap Pile. Can't win 'em all.

straight sniff from imp is raspberry neroli....zomG...

awesome...

once applied this gets super floral on me and makes me mad...

i think i should just use this in a scent locket...:cthulhu:

This isn't bad and I was looking forward to it as I'm generally a fruit fan but after trying it I realised I'm just not that into raspberry, which is mostly what I got here.

It's slightly more interesting than plain raspberry, but I found that note to be very dominant on me.

2.5/5 I might keep the imp for the summer and see if I change my mind though.