Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
shriekingviolet

Dana O'Shee

… Offerings of milk, honey and sweet grains were made to placate these creatures, and it is that the basis of the scent created in their name.

Smells so similar to lush snowcake but way better! This is easily one of my top 5 bpal scents. I love it!

In the bottle: Straight up sweet almond essence.

Wet: Straight up sweet almond essence with a powdery amber undertone.

On the dry down: Sweet almond, warm powdery amber, and a general aura of soft creamy cuddly deliciousness. It's my go-to perfume when I'm feeling like snuggling up in bed or staying indoors on a rainy day, and one of the few scents I occasionally crave and just have to slather myself in. It's a bit too sweet and innocent to become my everyday go-to, though.

5/5

Edited by VagueInnuendo

In the imp: soft almond and sweet powder of some sort.

Wet: creamy wheat and almond

Dry: It smells quite a bit like Aveeno moisturiser, only stronger and thicker. Creamier and sweeter, the honey is blended so well that I can't really identify it outright as being honey. Gorgeous.

Definitely a "sweet grain" thing going on, but it's hard to describe. Honey on oatmeal? Cane sugar? Cream of wheat with sugar syrup? Almond/marzipan? It becomes powdery on the dry-down, but not in a bad way. Creamy and sweet. I like it more as it wears.

In the imp: Sweet and complex, with milky, amber-y notes. Wow!

Wet on me: Aw, shucks. It's almond extract and sugar with musk. This is NOT good on me.

Dry: The almond has faded, there's a little bit of amber, but mostly this smells like musk cookies.

Sigh. Another example of my chemistry wrecking a really interesting foody scent.

So much almond, but I still love it. After wearing it a few times, I can distinguish the milk and honey grounded by the oats as it wasn't readily apparent to me - very sweet and light. I have a difficult time deciding between this and Dorian.

Edited by shibagast

In the imp: Soft milk and honey notes (not the ones found in Alice), followed by what must be the grains.

Wet: The milk and honey notes are the first to emerge, and I'm getting more milk than honey at this point. The honey note begins to gain prominence as this sits on my skin. It's a light scent that isn't that sweet despite the presence of the honey note. It smells lovely, but I have to press my nose to my wrist to smell it because it is so light and stays close to the skin.

Dry: The scent stays very close to the skin now. It is still predominantly a milk and honey scent, with more milk than honey, but I think I'm smelling more of the grains now.

Verdict: I like this, and I plan on keeping my imp to wear on days in which I'm wanting a light scent. However, I don't think I need a bottle of it.

Immediately this reminds me of something, and it takes me a second to realize it's Sudha Segara without the ginger. Looking at the notes, that actually makes total sense. Also reminiscent of Alice without the carnation.

It's nice. I get the milk and honey in equal measure. Something does sort of trick my nose into thinking there is almond in there, maybe the grain? That eventually fades out though. I feel like this would be a lovely layering scent, but not sure about it on it's own. I feel like I would always reach for Sudha or Alice instead. The longer I wear it though, the more it grows on me.

It's quite lovely, a beautiful creamy honey scent. I'll keep the imp and see if I wear it often enough to warrant a bottle. Very office appropriate, I would think.

Milk, honey, grains...yes, oh, yes! As soon as I opened the imp, I knew I'd be ordering a bottle! It lasts a long time on me and I love it! I had breakfast on Grafton Street in Dublin. I ate Irish porridge and it was so delicious and comforting. This smell brings back that awesome memory of that morning.

Usually cream or milk notes are rancid on my skin, but this one gives me hope. The grains almost go 'perfumey' on me though. I'll wait a bit and retest it just to make sure.

In the imp: marzipan!

Wet: just applied, this smells of almond cream pastry filling. If you've ever tasted Basque country almond cream cake - it smells *exactly* like this! Sweet and almondy and creamy. Highly nostalgic scent. Yum.

Dry: The sugary sweetness dies down a bit as this dries, and this becomes fresh almonds, honey and milky oatmeal. It does smells very similar to Lush Snowcake, but more on the milky/honey side. It's lovely.

Throw: low.

Unfortunately my skin ate that one for breakfast - 30 minutes later it was nowhere to be smelt! A lovely scent for sure, if it lasts on your skin.

This reminds me right away of the more traditional milk and honey scents you find at the drugstore, but of course better quality. There's no almond listed, but that is very prominent on me here with milk, honey, and grains in the background. I was hoping for something more akin to My Baby & a Baby Goat, but this is not as rich and buttery as that. It's a lighter honey and milk scent - with too much almond for me.

Straight from the imp: almond. Uhuu. :cry: Other than that I'm getting some realistic natural sweet notes like coconut and honey.
On my skin this first goes really sugary, then it quickly morphs into a very dimmed down sugar and watery coconut/milk and then it's just gone, eaten. And to be honest, I don't mind, it's not for me.

Edited by Cali

Wand: Almond oatmeal with honey and cream.

Wet: Almond, honey, oats and a little cream. This is utterly wholesome-smelling, like I've just secured at least the first two levels of Maslow's needy pyramid for years to come, and can sit all day, if I want to, hugging bowls of hot breakfast. This is the concept-odor of sweet old-school provision. It also reminds me of ancient Egyptians drinking their morning grainy beer. But this surely smells better.

Dry: Dana is layered but unchanging for a half day on me. Then it fades gradually.

Lovely. Tasty, but not too foody for me.

Mostly almond and honey wet, and honey worries me though not as much as it used to.Dry it is almond forward, with a little honey and oatmeal underneath. Was hoping for the milk note, but it is a nice and comforting scent. Not sure if I need to keep it though.

In the vial this smells like marzipan.

On the skin, marzipan.

After maybe half an hour, the marzipan single note has calmed a bit down, and I can maybe begin to smell a bit of the honey and the grains. I thought Dana O'Shee would smell a bit sweeter and calmer, but with the almond it definitely has a bite. It's a nice foodie scent though, and I can see myself using my imp.

In the imp I smell straight-up marzipan. It now smells of that Lush christmas soap, snowcake? I liked that soap so this isn't a bad smell. I imagine it would be nice to layer with my jasmine dusting powder (Silky underwear). Yep this is a keeper!

This is both my first review and my first time wearing anything from BPAL!

In the imp: It's like holding a lemon poppyseed muffin under my nose. No just kidding, that's marzipan, although for some reason I'm smelling something a little citrus-y. Other than that, it's very sweet, very creamy.

Wet: On my skin the faint citrus note completely disappears. Sweet almonds and a touch of oatmeal. The smell is very light, but I do catch a whiff of it on my clothes.

Dry: This smells like Italian wedding cookies, or marzipan with a little powdered sugar mixed in. What is this sudden powdery smell? I usually hate powdery scents, but somehow I love this. It's like walking into my grandmother's kitchen. It's gone in a flash, though- lasted maybe three hours before I couldn't even smell it with my wrist pressed to my face.

Verdict: Really nice, comforting scent. In a way I like the lightness of it, but I wish it didn't fade quite so quickly. I'm still learning about what scents do/don't work on my skin, and this one seemed to work well other than how quickly it disappeared.

This is initially delicious, goes on almondy, then milky and creamy oats. I think this is definitely a slather type scent, because in the imp it goes way too soft on my skin after only a few minutes! I'll use my whole imp because it's beautiful, and hopefully I find it to last a little longer!

I just got this as a decant from someone else. Wet, it smells exactly like the almond spritz butter cookies I bake for Christmas every year. Eventually it dries down to a honey-oatmeal scent. If you like foodie/cookie/bakery scents, you'll like this. :)

In the imp: Marzipan, so intense it smells like cherries

On skin, wet: Also marzipan, with some milk/honey sweet mellowness coming in. Very rich and warm, like some kind of amazing nut/honey dessert. Sadly this stage lasts about one minute on me.

On skin, dry: Where did that gorgeous warm sweetness go?! It's faded down to a barely-there skin scent, reminiscent of honey-scented soap. It's still sort of there if I really smush my nose into my arm, but most of that mouth-watering richness is gone. I'm so disappointed--if it had stayed in that second stage on my skin this could have easily broken my top five. :(

This is..... almond??? Not really what I was expecting, especially since I'd heard it was similar to Alice.

It smells nothing like Alice. What it smells like is almond extract from my kitchen. After a side by side comparison all I can say is the milk and honey make it somewhat softer and sweeter, but 90% like I might as well have dumped almond extract on my arm. It's light and foody, nice to smell, but not to wear.