Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
UltraViolet

Sed Non Satiata

A pounding heartbeat coalesced into scent: demonic passion and brutal sexuality manifested through myrrh, red patchouli, cognac, honey, and tuberose and geranium in a breathy, panting veil over the darkest body musk.

In the imp:

I think I’m getting the honey, the red patchouli, and a little bit of the cognac.

First time on:

Whoof, the flowers have really come out. They’re pulling back a little, though; now I’m mostly getting what’s probably the body musk. There’s also a lot of the geranium and a little of the honey.

After a while:

It’s very subtle. I’m getting more of the honey and the tuberose than anything else.

Overall review:

It’s…okay. It doesn’t have much throw on me, and it’s a little too flowery for my tastes. Plus, I’ve already got a friend who’s interested. :)

There is only one week out of the month when I can wear this, and that's during ovulation. Any other time and the scent smells "off", somehow.

But during that week, when my hormones alters my chemistry just right for Sed Non Satiata, it is a veritable feast for the senses!

On me, the tuberose, honey and cognac are most prevalent, though I can detect a hint of myrrh as well. The geranium is not a lead player, in fact it seems to act more as a counterbalance to the sweetness of the scent than as a note in its own right. I am not getting any patchouli.

The whole effect is massively vavoom! deeply sensual and lusty, and the lasting power goes on and on and on.

It's sweet, buttery, warm and overall caressing.

I really like it.

This is the most beautiful smell in the imp, and when it's wet, it's rather wonderful! But after a while, it dries down to something odd. I can see where the "peanut butter" remarks are coming from, but to me it's something powdery and almost clay-like. Booo.

Oh this is nice. I amp honey and this is very ,very honey on me. I also love tuberose.

Wet: It's very strong with the honey coming out in front. I am picking up on the patch and it's grounding this scent. No booze yet but I think I understand what the skin musk smell is now.

Dry: More of the same. All the notes are blended very well. I get whiffs of straight up honey sometimes but mainly it's like a honey, musky, patch sort of smell with a subtle floral backing. Very much like O only stronger with more depth.

This did last a while on me. I put this on when I came home from work and could still smell it as I went to sleep. That's pretty good for me.

Some people said they smelled peanut butter on this but I didn't pick up on that at all.

Big bottle list for sure.

Oh. My god. This is possibly the best scent I've ever tried out of BPAL. It's unbelievably sexy and well blended -- I get no obvious floral out of this, though I'm sure it's there, and I can see how some would interpret the patchouli as "nutty", although on me it's just rich and yummy, but it's the honey that really gets me. No BPAL honey has ever really worked on me. They go powdery and WAY too sweet and just, ick.

This had me in paroxysms of ecstasy for hours :P Seriously, I'm obsessed. It lasts and lasts, throw is amazing, and it's the most unabashedly seductive scent I think I've ever come across.

On the bottle list, immediately.

In the vial: Sweet, slightly powdery smelling. Reminds me of O.

Wet on skin: A warm, sweet floral. It seems there is a caramel scent lurking underneath everything, bringing a golden glow and somewhat saccharine feel to this blend.

Dry: A warm, sweet skin scent with a touch of powdery dryness. I find this blend doesn't have a lot of throw - instead it stays really close to my skin. When I do get up close and personal with my wrist, this scent seems quite strong for a lighter wearing scent. There does seem to be something a little too sweet that's catching the back of my throat when I inhale. Meh.

Honey - lots of honey, over a delicate layer of cognac. It smells delicious and I can't stop smelling my wrist. It's very intimate, a personal indulgence rather than something I'd wear going out. This scent really brings out my inner glutton.

This is one of those blends where I can't pick out the individual notes. I would never have guessed that there was patchouli or myrrh in here, for example. It's a sweet, sexy perfume that has a lot of warmth to it. The more I wear it, the more I like it!

This is very similar to Smut- but sweeter and less musky. If you layered this with a single note musk you might come quite close to Smut.

I do love the musk in this blend. It smells very similar to the musk in Black Temple Burlesque Troupe, but not quite as lemony. It's not overpowering, but it's one of the stronger musks I've smelled in the GC. I also get a similar vibe to Bien Loin D'Ici, both scents are kind of unusual and indefinable. But where Bien Loin gets into weird, "What the heck kind of smell is that?" territory, Sed Non Satiata remains in "Mmmmm what a lovely scent" land! (Apologies to Bien Loin, I love you but you are pretty funky).

I love how this dries- its like sweet musky skin, and seems to have a velvety feel. I think this might be a fabulous blend to wear to bed! :twisted:

Aaaand of course there is my usual reaction to honey- turns to salty play-doh. But this one lasts for quite a long time before that happens. I won't get a bottle, due to the honey, but I'll keep an imp around.

Edited by Teaker

I wouldn't say this is a particularly sexual perfume. It is, however, all woman: no little girl stuff here. Sed Non Satiata opens up with honey, cognac and flowers but eventually becomes dominated by tuberose and geranium. This is a beautiful floral with a little darkness to ground it, and as someone who is not a fan of floral blends in general and has trouble with rose at times, I treasure the ones that work for me. Very natural. Keeping my bottle.

On this smells like patchouli, something smokey and musk. It's not bad, not great either imo. Reminds me of snake oil, something in it is similar but it's not nearly as good.

Bottle: Myrrh, tuberose and geranium.

Wet: This is mainly a myrrh floral for me, but I get the red patchouli -- it's the same as in Anne Bonny, I think. Though the note smells the same, the overall expression is different when it's treated florally.

Dry: I really don't get much more than a myrrh and red patch floral from this. It's pretty, but I'm a little bored.

A nice floriental that just doesn't excite me.

Wet: Mmmm. Sexy honey etc. Don't know what the etc. is that I am smelling - don't care. This is goooood so far.

Dry: It's good. But maybe not as good as I thought it was going to be when it was wet. It's sexy, for sure, but in a more primal way that I was expecting. I thought it was going to be more great dress and heels sexy. But instead it's messed up hair, smeared lipstick, shirt on backwards, where are my panties sexy. So still sexy, but less, umm, refined than I originally thought. I think this needs more testing before I decide if I want more.

I haven't been on this forum in probably YEARS. It's been so long since I placed a BPAL order...maybe eight years now. I finally decided to get a big bunch of imps to play with. This was one of them. My first whiff from the imp was powerfully smoky, in an incense-y way. I had been a little wary of the red patchouli (usually, when I smell patchouli, I just think "hippie"), but combined with the musk and myrrh, it formed this smoky, warm, dry scent that I adored. After a little while the honey became the most prominent note, and it started to remind me a bit of O, but more grown up and interesting. I have a bottle of O, but I think this is what I always wanted O to be. I am not getting the peanut butter notes some people are getting, or the orange notes. That might be a skin chemistry thing. Now, a couple hours later, I'm getting some of that smoke again. Gods, this is glorious. It reminds me of when I went to Vegas in the summer, and the way the desert air felt on my skin. I don't think of myself as a hot weather person (I'm from a more humid climate), but I just wanted to bathe in that hot golden breeze. The sexuality of this scent reminds me a bit of Vegas as well! I am almost certainly going to buy a bottle of this. I keep sniffing myself.

I am a huge fan of the poetry of Baudelaire, and I love the fact that Beth has named so many scents after his poems. He talks so much about scent in his work, and mingles it with sights and sounds and desire. The perfumes do the same--especially this!

Wet: honey, smokey cognac? For me, myrrh comes off as spice rather than balsam in this combination. I thought I was wearing one of cookie scents for a moment until I checked out notes and reviews. Maybe it's the patch - it did something similar on me in A Countenance Forboding Evil and The Wild Men of Jezirat Al Tennyn (paired with orange and cloves, respectively). No flowers.

Initial drydown: even sweeter honey with a side of cognac. Myrrh only if you sniff close. Still no flowers, but musk appears.

Late drydown: honey.

Floral notes are no-show, patchouli in the background, low throw, moderate wear length.

Very sweet. Very, very, very sweet. Initially, it was so cloyingly sweet that I was wishing I hadn't put it on. After a little time it's not quite so bad, but still definitely not for me.

I don't generally dig "sexy" scents and i hate patchouli, but tuberose scents are rare so when I got this as a frimp I decided I'd try it on before writing it off. But I love this one! The tuberose is pretty faint - this actually reminds me of last year's The Bride from Fleurette's Purple Snails, in the white flower + honey dominance, but where that one was all those things, this has a bit of a darker, more mature edge to it. I'd say a sophistication. I can't quite detect any of the other notes, maybe yes on the cognac, but I know they're there tempering the honey and white florals.

I don't know how to better describe it but it's lovely.

This is lovely! Warm, resin-y floral. I do so love resins, and I love florals in theory, but struggle to get them to work on my skin. Whenever I find one that works, it's a red letter day. Smells warm, dry, spicy, with an undercurrent of white flowers. Low throw, have to sniff hard for it.

ETA where I'd wear this: Having a bath, hot water poured over me, Game of Thrones-style

Edited by gloame

Today's episode of "Liz has no clue how to gauge whether a BPAL will be good on her or not;" half of these notes just never showed up. I get a lot of honey and a lot of tuberose, plus probably some musk. It's candy-sweet powdery tuberose and even as a lover of both honey and tuberose it's a bit much for me. Where's that red patch I love so much? Where's the cognac? Where are my geraniums?? With those notes I expected it to reach my top five, but it's nowhere close. And I'm loving the super-masculine pine scent. Go figure.

The mrryh, cognac and red patch are amazing but the honey is kinda messing this up. The beautiful, get your freak on vibe is turning into sour baby powder.

Final dry down is stanky powdered honey.

For those this works for, buy it buy the gallon. It's gorgeous in the imp.

This is a very heavy fragrance with a lot of throw. It's been very overwhelming wearing this today, but not necessarily in a bad way.

Wet and right out of the bottle its all patchouli and myrrh.

On the dry down this became more of a powdery smell on me.

Final thoughts - the patchouli, myrrh and musk are definitely there. It's softer and earthier, not as powdery as it was a few hours ago. It is still very strong though. This has a great, long lasting wear.

So, this one was weird. I wasn't expecting a lot because myrrh almost never works for me, but I don't think it was the culprit this time. This one almost smells like spoiled milk or something that has gone off. It's really weird considering the notes. As far as I know, everything except the myrrh works pretty well with me. I wonder how much of a difference there is in dark body musk versus skin musk. It's the only thing I could really think of that might be causing this funk. I can tell there are notes underneath it, but my nose won't let me stay close to investigate. It just recoils. This is a scrubber for me.

I too had bad luck with this one. Strange since the notes all sound like win for me. This was mostly honey and an earthy sort of musk on me which I dont care for. There was also somthing that smells sort of plasticy or synthetic. Not for me, though I'm curious as to why not.

ETA:  And now I know.  The lab's skin/body musk does all kinds of ick with my chemistry.  C'est la vie.  

Edited by VetchVesper

In the imp: This reminds me of something, although I’m not sure exactly of what yet. I’m getting honeyed, soft, powdery myrrh, some red patchouli, and warm musk. I can smell the floral notes, but they’re not super heady in the vial (which surprises me, especially because there’s tuberose in this).

Wet: The honey, soft myrrh, and warm skin musk are the first notes that leap out at me. Then, I get a bit of patchouli and cognac. After a few minutes, the floral notes emerge. The geranium is sharp, and I think the tuberose is lending a creamy, floral quality to the scent.

Dry: The honey, soft myrrh, and warm skin musk continue to reign, and I am getting a little more cognac than I did before. The geranium and tuberose are present, but haven’t been permitted to stomp all over everything else. I only smell a hint of the red patchouli in the background.

Verdict: I really like this one! I just wish I could think of the scent it reminds me of! I’ll be holding on to my imp and seeing how much I reach for it before I decide if I need more. :)