Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
UltraViolet

Sed Non Satiata

A pounding heartbeat coalesced into scent: demonic passion and brutal sexuality manifested through myrrh, red patchouli, cognac, honey, and tuberose and geranium in a breathy, panting veil over the darkest body musk.

In the bottle: Honey, predominantly. But... complex honey. Honey as melody with high descant notes and lower alto notes. (In the bottle, this blend is very feminine to my nose.) There's something I'm reading as floral (the descant), but I can't pick out individual flowers. For the  lower alto notes, I cannot pick out individual notes but am getting impressions I associate with woods and maybe patchouli.

On my skin:

Immediately -- honey is still dominant, but the florals move more toward the forefront. I can pick out rose. What I interpreted as grounding notes in the beginning -- those have faded for the moment. 

A few minutes in, and the scent has deepened. It's still honey as the main note, and the rose is still detectable, but there is something more grounding that I can't quite name. That's often the case with me + musk: it's grounding and deepening and good, but I cannot call it any one thing. That's sort of what I'm getting here. 

The effect of the additional notes is nice. They keep the honey from being too cloying.

Several more minutes in, and this is what it's settling down toward: a honey blend graced by a rose floral top note and a more earthy, grounding bottom note. In that bottom note, I can get some very well blended musk and possibly some myrrh; patchouli never raises itself as an independent note for me, which is odd -- but I don't mind (I also don't mind patchouli, but I don't need it as the dominant note in every perfume that contains it listed). 

Ultimately, both the high and the low notes start to mute on me but never disappear. It's an exquisite BPAL honey perfume.

Honey, bright florals, a bundle of herbs, and fizzy cognac.

Mostly honey + cognac, which is a combo I am... definitely not a fan of. Not for me.