Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
UltraViolet

Sed Non Satiata

A pounding heartbeat coalesced into scent: demonic passion and brutal sexuality manifested through myrrh, red patchouli, cognac, honey, and tuberose and geranium in a breathy, panting veil over the darkest body musk.

I'm in love

On wet, the first thing to hit my nose is the Myrrh~ I haven't been able to decide about Myrrh yet...

Suddenly I am blindsided, and this becomes pure heaven. The note that is inspiring some to say "peanut butter" is actually very creamy to my nose. Thick, raw sweet cream splashed with cognac.

During drydown, this is completely evocative of a scent I wore when I was sixteen living in Europe...but I am certain I will never remember the name of it. The florals and musk are perfectly balanced, while the cognac and myrrh lie sweetly beside them. Mmmmm.

Delicious and sexy - and personal since there's not a ton of throw. That's okay...as long as I can smell it~

At least one 5ml bottle. :P

This is kind of a weird blend. I was expecting something thick, dark and decadent. What I got was something light, delicate, yet still fairly sexy. If I had to compare it to anything it would be Black Opal -- it doesn't smell like a rock, but it is just as powdery. I'm pretty sure I smell a light amber, more akin to Bastet or The Lion than something like Hymn to Proserpine. The amber with a touch of musk and honey is most of what I smell, like these amber/musk candles that my friend and I bought one time. Definitely a skin scent. I was hoping for a whole lot more patchouli -- or, indeed, something other than amber/honey/musk -- but whatever. It's gorgeous, but I'm not completely sure the powder smell is really "me." I'll keep it for a while and see if I actually wear it.

Initial thoughts: PATCHOULIIIIIII...

This one is a little *Ahem* adventurous for me, description/concept wise. I'm also skeptical that it's going to be too womanly. But, for science!

In the imp: Cognac, honey and the florals go ooomph! strait away. I can detect the 'baseline' underneath - the myrrh, musk and patchouli, which ISN'T being it's patchouli self in the imp, hallelueah! - which makes this quite a full-bodied, well rounded scent. It is mature and feminine, but it's also quite sweet.

On the wrist, wet: Hmm... I'd say that's the geranium and the cognac, backed up by the barest hint of patchouli, coming out to play. It's a bit sharp at the moment, but it's beginning to sweeten as it dries.

Fifteen minutes later: It's still floral, which isn't upleasant, but it has that perfume-sharpness to it that I associate with alcohol. It's also slightly... soapy, which I'm going to blame principally on the florals and the musk.

I'm not sure I dislike this, per se, but I don't think it's for me. It's a bit generic.

Verdict: Swap pile, but at least I have proved I can wear patchouli scents without getting choked by the thing - this bodes well for the future!

Tl;Dr: Honeyed, but not sweet, floral with a commercial perfume flair, probably due to the cognac and musk.

In the bottle: Honey coloured oil. Sweet, rich, languid with hidden, swarthier depths. Honey is in dominance, further sweetened by boozy cognac. A bit of soapy tuberose and dark spicy myrrh, with a bite of red patchouli. Something nutty.

Wet: Still very sweet, but fresher and more herbal from the geranium, and spicier and earthier from the myrrh and patchouli. Cognac is boozy but in a pleasant way that does merge nicely with the honey. Tuberose soapy, but bearably.

Dry: Reminds me a bit of Les Bijoux; that honeyed sweetness with a dark bite beneath, the cognac even has a fruity tone. The musk is emerging, same as in LB, and that myrrh has a bitterness likewise. Geranium brightens the mix. Nuttiness fades; tuberose holds.

Summary: Heavily sweet, somewhat fruity honey-cognac, picy-dark, bitter myrhh, and sexy deep musk, with a snap of harsh patchouli and soapy tuberose, and a faint breath of herbal geranium. Strong throw and probably lasting power.

I washed it off, as the combo of sweet and dark made me rather queasy. Not bad, but not my thing.

This is one of those scents that, on some days, I just can't smell it. I'm hoping that everyone else can.

When I can smell it, it's honey and loveliness. I pick up only hints of the patchouli and musk, which is fine by me. I do get the congac in the dry down. Out of the bottle for me is not so nice, but once it's on it's gorgeous.

For me, it's a keeper but not necessarily a 'sought after'.

In The Bottle

Hmmm. Honey, cognac and a little bit of floral. Reminds me of the CD beeswax blends so far.

On Application

So much like Hand of Glory. Beeswax and amber and incense

Dry Down

This does become dry and resinous as it warms, becoming more spicey. I am really glad the tuberose and geranium don't surface and take over but they obviously have their part to play in this blend. Eventually, dry, musky but still rich. Very sexy, indeed!

Rating (0-5)

In bottle/imp: Very complex. It’s herbal, dry, a touch sweet, and a little gritty.

Immediately on skin: This is dark and musky with a nice smooth sweetness. The body musk is mainly what I get from this, touched with the honey, tuberose cognac. The patchouli and geranium linger in the background.

After a little while: This is dark, musky, and gritty, but it also now has a cloying sweetness to it that I don’t particularly like. The skin musk, myrrh, and patchouli are thick and slightly spiced and musky, while the cognac and honey poured over don’t quite mix in.

Overall Impressions: A very dark blend… but complex. The skin musk matches nicely with the patchouli and myrrh, while the sweeter notes offset the other darker ones well. The honey and cognac doesn’t seem to quite blend as well as I would have hoped, but I have issues with some of the lab’s honey notes. Overall I think this is a nice, deep skin musk blend except for the honey.

Mmm. Just got an imp of this yesterday, and am wearing it today. I got the florals while it was wet, but then they fade. Later on, the myrrh, musk and honey combine beautifully for a sweet, sensual, heady fragrance. For me, this is like waking up in the morning while my lover is still asleep in bed, after a night of passion, and going over to open a bottle of perfume on my dresser. The smell of the perfume mingles with the smell of pleasure, and with the laziness of the morning.

Fabulous. Keeper. Then again, at first sniff, ALL my imp choices seem to be keepers this time around! That's a first for me. I never got the "peanut butter" smell in this one, so I think that might be something that only happens to certain people when it interacts with their skin chemistry. I also never really pick up much of the geranium or cognac, but that's fine. I think their presence is felt mostly in how they affect the other smells in this one, making the tuberose a little punchier, and the myrrh a little brighter, than they'd normally be :P .

This is a dark honey with tiny touch of flowers. As it dries the honey starts to fade and the flowers come out more and more. The word that comes to my mind is “rich”! The throw is fantastic. While this isn’t something I can see myself wearing often, its nice enough to keep an imp around for those times I want something a little more dark :P

In the vial: Patchouli, myrrh, honey, and something almost fruity I think might be the cognac, in that order. Smells good!

Wet: Myrrh first, then honey-musk-patchouli all at once. There's a spike of slightly wet, bitter green bite like geranium leaves, but it subsides almost immediately and some rose-oid thing comes up. It smells like it's heading toward a really sexy men's cologne.

Twenty minutes: The cologne effect is still there. It reminds me of rosewood, only this smells better on me. But there's also myrrh, cognac, and patchouli in the mix. Why does this smell so familiar to me? It's not my father, grandfather, or stepfather. It's not a lover. But I know some man who habitually smells (or smelled) like this; who?

Two hours: Still men's sexy cologne, and I still like it, but it's fallen off more than I expected. Mostly it's the musk, myrrh, and some unidentified faint floral that's left.

Three hours: Musk and patchouli now, with hints of that faint floral. On the right man, I'd devour this, but I think it's more suited for a man than for me.

In the Bottle

Smells like teh sex with a little bit of a floral background. I can’t wait to give it a try!

On My Skin

Okay, this is wonderful! The myrrh, patchouli, musk and a bit of honey are the dominant notes right now. I thought this might be a bit overwhelming since it contains so many notes that seem ‘heavy’ or seem to amp on my skin, but it’s not. So far this is uber sexy.

After a Bit

This isn’t a very strong smell but it’s really sexy. It smells similar to the wet stage except it’s acquired a tiny bit of a powder scent. Despite that I still really like this one.

Rating 1-5 (5 being the best)

Scent – 4 Throw – 3 Longevity – 3

Over all (not an average) – 4

Final Thoughts

I’d love to pick up a bottle of this, every time I catch a sniff it makes me love this scent more and more.

This is wonderful! When I first put it on, its all honey and musk goodness. It kind of reminds me of O but a little darker. Throughout the wear, the myrrh and patchouli come out. I don't get any florals. I can detect them slightly, but hardly at all. I love it!

Wow... this is lovely. The myrrh, musk and honey mix beautifully. It's husky voiced and sexy. It is spicy on initial application and it morphs to a stunning warm and purring sort of scent.

LOVE.

Alcholic honey first and them a lovely, golden, warm blend of musks and honeyed geranium. It`s a feminine and sophisticated, sweet and sexy. A little goes a long way, so a dab will embrace your neck for long long hours.

Lush, rich, soft musk and patchouli drying down to tuberose. Nary a hint of the myrrh, honey or geranium. Nice but not my thing.

Edited by odalisque

Oh wow, this is quite a fuck-me-with-my-heels-on scent, isn't it. It's all musky honey on me with a bit of the tuberose - I'm sure the patchouli must be coming into play too, even though I can't smell it (blended with the musk, no doubt), because patchouli invariably turns to sex on my skin. It just gets warmer and richer and *delicious* on me as the minutes pass.

The more I sniff this, the more I'm certain that it's going to be a bottle purchase. Good job, labbies! :P

Edit: oh man, it went sour. CURSE YOU BOOZE NOTE WE COULD HAVE DANCED SO BEAUTIFULLY AND YOU RUINED IT.

Edited by marared

Initial impression:

Myrrh, honey and a soft floral.

First on:

Florals, a light touch of honey, a tiny bit of cognac.

Dry:

After about 20 mins, this is mostly florals on me, but with myrrh and patchouli underneath.

About an hour later, it's much more warm and sexy – the florals have faded a bit, and the myrrh, honey, cognac and patchouli are getting down and dirty together.

Finally:

I really enjoyed it. A possible keeper.

Decant: myrrh and tuberose

Wet on Me: myrrh, tuberose, whiffs of patchouli and

the musk running a current underneath it all.

Drying Down: some sweetness over top..must be the

honey and some hints of the geranium coming forward to dance.

Dry: faint breaths of cognac dance thru the honey and musk

and patchouli. The tuberose and geranium took their bows and

receded and the myrrh just skips quietly in the background.

Such a lovely scent. I’m glad I got a decant of this.

:P Uh oh...sometimes musk is my best friend and sometimes it's my worst enemy, especially when honey is involved. This was pretty dirty, sweaty, and unwashed in a bad way. I'm going to try this later though because I'm willing this to work, damn it!

Such a wild description of this scent to what it actually smells like. To me, this is a very delicate, powdery, slightly floral scent, quite reminiscent of a couple of the Graveyard Book oils. Ghostly, ethereal, and whispy. I wonder if I got the wrong oil in the imp? BTW, I do like this, if it is actually SNS. Will read back a few more reviews.

In the bottle – Sweet and thick; the honey and the patchouli

Wet on me – a first hit of the honey then it gets swamped by the florals

Dry on me – The patchouli comes out, in a way, which to me is very reminiscent of the patchouli in Angel. As the patchouli disappears it settles back into the rich, sweet honey

Overall – I like this blend, but it doesn’t wow me

In the vial: Mmmm. This oozes sweetness and spicyness. Very sexy. Honey jumps out initially.

On my skin: Wet, this remains much the same as in the vial. As it dries, the spicey incense tones come out to play, but there's a sweet undertone of honey that retains the romance and playfulness. This is a fairly foody one, but it also has some spicy floral undertones that blend really beautifully. I also get the peanut butter note that others are getting from this. It isn't sickly or heavy on the nutty tones but it's definitely there.

The throw of this scent isn't hugely intense, but it's one of those warm scents that you keep close to you and enjoy personally- or for anyone else that you allow to get close enough to enjoy it with you!

Gorgeous, i'd love a bottle of this stuff.

Very smoky, and lots and lots of patchouli. There is also a sweet note behind it, but mostly it ends up smelling sort of burnt on me.

This starts as a warm, almost edible note that I've only ever found in BPAL. The honey is coming up nicely on me. It gets slightly salty at one point, but overall a lovely scent. Definitely a keeper!