Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
UltraViolet

Sed Non Satiata

A pounding heartbeat coalesced into scent: demonic passion and brutal sexuality manifested through myrrh, red patchouli, cognac, honey, and tuberose and geranium in a breathy, panting veil over the darkest body musk.

Imp: Honey, big and loud

Wet: It's herbal! Very clean. Scary close to Irish Spring soap

Dry: Okay now it's more like the reviews above. It's darker, but the florals are amping and giving me a less smokey experience. It's also creamy and sweet from the honey. You'd never know there was patchouli in there.

Overall: It's pretty nice, but I'm not really in love with it. Someone who digs on stuff like myrrh should give this a shot!

HONEY!!! and... sweetness.

Is that... ylang ylang? That isn't listed. Its reminding me of a more feminine version of the lupercalia room spray.

I can smell the tuberose now too... its like light ylang ylang and tuberose dancing ontop of honey and booze. It also has a small dose of the musk that ruined smut for me about an hour in, but its very fleeting

I love the honey and floral balance in here... its like what I wanted O and Smut and flower moon (tho that one worked one me) to be!

It makes me feel so sexy... I must plot an order for a bottle of this soon.

I'm really striking out tonight. Baby powder, cloying tuberose and sweaty flesh. It is conjuring some images I'd rather not explore.

Honey, patchouli, myrrh and musk are all notes that I adore and generally work well on me, so I had high hopes for this blend. What I wasn't counting on, however, was my skin amping the cognac beyond all reason. This scent is boozy, boozy, boozy on me, which I don't care for. If you liked Smut, I'm guessing you'll like this.

I got an imp of this because of the recommendations in the honey thread. It did NOT work on me. All I smelled was stale, stank-y sweat. I was a fool and put this on right before work. I hid in my office all day because I was afraid somebody might think I hadn't bathed in a week or so, lol

This has a lovely base, but the top notes (which happen to be the flowers on me) go plasticky and rather like hair spray on me quite quickly. It's a shame, because wet and just drying it's a very sexy incense on me. I tried the sample bottle from Whole Foods, though, which might have something to do with it. I'd be curious to get an imp of this and see how it does on me lab-fresh.

i used to think i loved this scent but i retried it last night and ended up being horrified with the end product after a couple hours on my skin, lol. on application, it's all honey-sweetened myrrh and muskiness and i keep huffing myself. yeah, definitely finding myself humpable there. but then...sniff sniff...what's this? ugh! sour filth! i had taken a shower recently so i knew it couldn't have been me stinking it up. it was SNS. sad! the culprit HAS to be the tuberose and/or the geranium...two things i love smelling in nature but generally NOT on my skin, because they most certainly = B.O. or maybe it was the liquor. that's a no-no, too. wow, i'm actually surprised i ever really thought this was a "me" scent, it has so many "baddies" in it, hahaha. sorry...i rarely give bad reviews for scents...but this was just rank.

Bottle: Kinda dusty, actually. Patchouli and honey and dust.

Wet: Dusty patchouli, honey, myrrh and more dust. I don't recall it being this... dry.

Dry: Right. That's because as Sed Non Satiata dries down, I lose all that initial dustiness. The honey comes to the forefront and makes this very lush. There's a faint undercurrent of patchouli and a hint of spicy myrrh. Almost no floral note. Primarily honey and very skin close and sexy. Sweet but not innocent.

Throw: Moderate.

Overall: I don't wear this often because it's very, very sexy and very overtly so. Definitely one to try if you're in the mood for seduction.

On first application, it's incense and honey! If I huff my arm, I can pick up the florals (which just registers as a "sharpness")

As it dries down, it keeps that musky honey incense note, and keeps it going strong! I really like this a lot. It's not too sweet, and not too myrrhish, which makes it just perfect for me!!

In imp: very, very rich, sexy, dark, a little boozy, almost dangerous!

Wet on skin: Ex Lux Fuit? Are you sure? *sniffs again* Yupp - it's a darker, sexier Et Lux Fuit! Slightly bitter, in fact. Myrrh, cognac and honey blend with the very dark musk to make this mysterious, sophisticated and very sexy! I think I smell opium too.

Dry on skin: honey is wafting up to my nose - not the sourish note that BPAL honey often turns to on my skin, but warm, rich, dark honey. Myrrh, cognac, honey and dark musk are still the main notes here. Next to the skin it is bitter, but the throw is beautiful honey and myrrh - a less foody version of Wezwanie/Hold. It's not quite me, but it's actually quite marvellous stuff!

Oh, this is lovely! I think the imp is fairly aged? The myrrh and tuberose create this amazing, full-bodied aura that swells out, rich and sweet, especially with the addition of the honey, carrying with it the sharper, restraining influence of the cognac, and the sweet-herbal geranium. The red patchouli and myrrh, as well as geranium are especially good choices to tone down what could have been an overwhelming fragrance with its lightly herbal notes. The warmth of this scent simply radiates. Other words that come to mind is, "a cloud" or "diffused" or. yeah. Nice.

Soft honey and myrrh hit my nose first on drydown, like sticky honey diffused to silk in warm water, with that rose-like, plant-like aura of geranium's presence only implied. The patchouli only gives body to the scent and is never noticeable.

Really gorgeous, extremely sexy, and sweet--but not too sweet. This is what a woman smells like in fantasies.

I want a bottle that smells exactly like this.

Edited by cinderfallen

This smells delicious right in the bottle--very honey-and-musk, the sort of thing I know I'll love before it even hits my skin. For a minute I was afraid that it might beat out O or Snake Oil, but it turns out I didn't have to worry. The honey fades into drydown, and there's also a hint of something slightly but not overwhelmingly floral there as well. No idea if it's tuberose or geranium, though. Possibly the latter, since it doesn't smell very rose-like to me. It's good that it doesn't overpower the notes that I love, because I just don't really dig heavy floral. Very musky and warm and sexy, just as promised. Gorgeous, and right up my scent-alley.

Faded pretty fast and reduced me to severe wrist-huffing, although I barely applied any at all, so I'll have to do a better test. A keeper though, for sure.

This immediately smelled familiar and I think it reminds me of snake oil. Quite pretty in the imp and on application then soon turns plastic on me Yep I get Barbie doll feet off this. Bandaids and other various forms of flesh coloured plastic toys. Not for me.

Imp: Honey grahams. Actually not quite that foody, but a sweet, crumbly honey scent.

Wet: Sweet honey, but a bit dirty. Naughty naughty.

Drydown: Warm and slitheringly sensual. Honey still seems to predominate for me, but something beckons underneath. Honey doesn't play nice with me often, so I am definitely intrigued by that lurker on our playdate.

Dry: Myrrh! Oh, and some honey too. Suddenly, it's a warm, honey drenched, sexy floral. Oh my.

Overall: This is pretty fantastic. Not sure if it's office wear, but definitely good after hours. :twisted:

I can't recall being so overwhelmed by scent upon applying BPAL until now. My senses couldn't process anything at first, but I knew it was intriguing.

It settled down into a dark, deep scent with geraniums floating on top - the geraniums don't blend at all with the rest, and I'm not particularly fond of them.

2 hours later, I got into bed, not having smelled anything for a good while, when, suddenly a beautiful cloud of deep incense floated all around me. This last stage made me fall in love with SNS.

This comes out temptingly foody on me, probably because I amp honey (not that I have a problem with that!) and myrrh gives it more body. The patchouli isn't too strong but just enough to give it a dose of sexiness, and the cognac is there but not overwhelmingly boozy. The musk gives it that "come-hither" final touch. Thankfully I'm not getting any geranium; on skin like mine that amps sweet notes, they just overpower it. I love Baudelaire, and I think this blend definitely does that poem justice--sexy adn delicious! :yum:

In the imp: Honey and geraniums.

Wet: Myrrh. And booze. A slight bit of honey.

Dry: Rich and sexy. This is honey and myrrh and geranium. VERY nice. And almost foody - it reminds me of dark chocolate.

A while later: OMG! This is one sexy scent. This is HONEY. But HONEY and deep, dark sexyness. I get glimpses of incence. But mostly is is a dark and spicy honey. And hellava sexy.

In the imp this is sort of a weird, boozy floral. I was not excited to try it. Once applied, however, this has morphed into a gorgeous, sexy, honey and sweet patchouli skin musk blend. It is SO sexy. I love, love, love it! I will absolutely be picking up a bottle of this deliciousness.

Wet on my skin this is all honey. As it dries, the scent remains mostly honey, but a little spice & booze emerges as well. I'm not getting any florals out of this blend.

In the imp here, I'm getting honey and cognac, which hopefully won't be too bad. On my skin, I'm getting myrrh and red patchouli with the honey and dark skin musk underneath. And it's quite interesting. We'll see what happens. A really neat scent, because the honey mellows out the normally sharper myrrh and red patchouli, and I'm not entirely sure what's up with the dark skin musk. Either way, this one is in the qualifying rounds for a full skin test.

On the full skin test, I'm getting a really neat scent, honey, myrrh, red patchouli with the dark skin musk and cognac. We'll see how this goes, but I'm inclined to say this might be a bottle. Definitely a cousin to Smut, and bottle worthy.

Edited by Venneh

I am getting mostly honey and musk at first, but later I get some booziness that must be cognac. I am afraid that it turns quite icky on me. It just really hurts my nose.

-ETA- *sigh* I just keep thinking this one would be perfect for me, but it just isn't. A nice honey musk with something.... astringent that just makes my head ache.

Edited by Catseyes

Wow!! Honey, musky, spicy sexiness in a bottle.

I am in love :wub2:

I get a slightly astringent booziness on initial application but it soon mellows on drydown into something that is just wonderful, warm, naughty and as sexy as hell. I have had a multitude of complements whilst wearing Sed Non Satiata from both men and women.

Needless to say I bought a bottle and can envision myself buying many, many more!! I couldn't be without it!!

Most of what I get is the body musk and honey. This is sweet and sexy and amazing. The patchouli adds a bit of a "dirty" feel, which only makes me like it more.re. The other notes listed don't work well on me usually, especially tuberose and myrrh, but I don't get them from this.