Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Gemini noir

Pink Moon 2005

The name of this moon refers to the color of wild ground phlox, a primary component of this Lunacy Blend, which is one of the most widespread floral signposts of springtime in North America. This Lunar blend is soft with phlox, tulip, daffodil, dogwood and muscari, dusted with pink sugar, carnation and honey, and a touch of the first strawberries of the season.

This is a weird one. In the bottle it smells like really bright and pink florals, and threatens to give me the usual floral-induced migraine. But once on my skin, the flowers close right up and hide away so there's just this very faint lingering scent with a sweetness that can only be from the strawberries. On the drydown, it gets even fainter but a very slight creamy note peeks out.

I suspect this smells beautiful on people who don't have my skin chemistry as it seems like my skin just devoured this one. Another one to decant so I can spread the love.

Pink Moon starts out smelling sickly sweet on me. If there are strawberries, it's strawberry syrup rather than fresh strawberries. The sweetness of the syrup mingles with the pink florals to form a dense, almost stifling fog of scent. After a while, the fog clears a bit and the syrup evaporates off to just leave honey and the pink florals. Actually, the pink florals basically smell like the lunar blend with a bit of pink sugar. This actually isn't a strong scent and doesn't waft that much.

Oh my god, do I love this lunacy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sadly, I think this could have been a signature scent - if I had enough of it to wear every day!!! As it is, I'm going to wear this when I'm really, really hankering for some pink, musky goodness!!!

When it first hits the skin, it's all strawberry, but not a bright shocking strawberry, but a soft-around-the-edges, mellowed by honey strawberry. It was sooo grown up and just sigh-worthy!!

Once it dried-down, it was a gorgeous combo of strawberry, honey and carnation. If it was a colour, it would have been a dusty pink.

This is an awesome blend!!!

In the imp: Now THIS is the sort of floral I've been looking for! Anyone who knows me knows how much I love California wildflowers. Despite containing no natives and only a couple non-natives in it, Pink Moon manages to remind me of those glorious days of early spring when everything is fresh and new in the valleys with wildflowers starting to dot the highways, waysides, roadsides, and railroad grades. It is reminiscent of the breezes with a bit of chill to them touseling the blades of emerald grass, of sunlight that is invigorating even though its warmth doesn't sink deeply into one's skin as it will later in the season. Unfortunately...

On my skin: It gets sucked into my skin and disappears. Like the wildflowers I hold close to my heart, its life is beautiful but brief.

:P This is a great strawberry scent. But I'm not really into fruit scents. My neice loves it though, it's great for a younger person, not heavy perfume, but light.

Pink Moon definitely smells pink. This is one of the more standard-perfume-like oils I've tried.

Florals, honey, and strawberry. In that order. It's nice, but it fades way too fast, and the florals aren't really the type I'd usually wear.

This is one of those scents that I went ahead and bought a big bottle off of Ebay just because I read the reviews and was THAT intrigued - and am I ever glad that I did!

In the bottle I got this beautiful sweet candy like smell...there's a little floral there and it's beautiful!!

When I first applied it to my skin - the strawberry seemed to come out the strongest, and there was a slight floral understone that tamed that sweetness..but my goodness! When you smell this - you want to giggle and just be cheery...it's delicious!

When it dried down - I almost got a spicey type of scent under the sweetness..no idea how this happened - but it reminded my mom of cinnamon?

Sadly this doesn't have a ton of lasting power on me and it faded pretty quick. But while it was on, I felt amazing and I really am debating going on a hunt for another bottle of this. :P :D

Pink Moon is very similar to the more recent addition to BPAL’s LE, Pink Phoenix. It’s softer and more floral than Pink Phoenix, but it has the same pink sugar and strawberry swirl that Pink Phoenix has. It’s a gorgeous scent, light and summary, and very sweet and pretty. I really love it. I’m sad that it doesn’t last for long on my skin, but it smells absolutely divine in a scent locket and lasts all day long (and longer!) that way. Great scent, will be keeping a tight reign on my one little imp!

Better than Pink Phoenix (that one goes on a little rough around the edges). Pink Moon reminds me of cotton candy, though it doesn't smell like it. It's very soft and girly without being Barbie-esque. If I could find more of it, I would buy it in a heartbeat.

Now who would have thought that I'd like a floral?? Certainly not I. But I got this in a lot with two other bottles, and it smelled nice, so I gave it a try.

In the bottle: Floral, but not excessively so. I can smell the strawberries, and what seems like a deeper fruit as well. Not too sweet.

Wet: The sweetness blooms, as do the florals, but they are soft, and not overpowering.

Dry: It's almost as if there is spice in there now, just a little. Is that the carnation? Lovely!

I'm so glad I have this. I know I'll be wearing it a lot this summer, alternating with Bordello!

Edited by Melantha

Ah, Pink Moon! This is a lovely blend. Strawberries and pink sugar, with a hint of florals in the background. I'm glad I was able to track down a bottle of this. It's tart and sweet and fruity at first, with a good bit of throw, mellowing down to a second-skin kind of scent. Really nice.

In the imp: Nauseatingly sweet. Cotton candy and strawberry bubble gum.

On me, wet: Sweet, but faded. Less with the cotton candy.

On me, dry: Perfectly pink. It smells like a toned-down version of Bubblicious strawberry bubble gum.

Verdict: Me likey. Not enough to want to hoard, though.

I haven't reviewed this yet? Pink Moon is a sugary heaven, the florals are uplifting and support the pure brightness of this scent. If I'm desperate for some joy I always wear this. It is uplifting in scent in a nearly tangible fashion. Of all the lunacies this might be my favorite.

Yes PINK indeed!

:D

Pink florals, pink candy, pink strawberries, pink.....everything! It's really lovely and girly and I'm glad I got to try an imp of it thanks to the wonderful Trish!

I'm going to save this one for special occasions :P

Well, it DOES smell pink, so the name is appropriate. Unfortunately, it's just a bit too floral for me, even turning a teeny bit powdery. It's a nice, girly scent, but just not the one for me.

Edit: It seems I jumped to hasty conclusion on this one. It settles down into something gorgeous on me! The powder disappears and leaves a sweet, subtle floral that stays close to the skin and keeps my nose glued to my wrist. Might have to hunt down a bottle of this. Silly me for almost writing it off!

Edited by maijasu

I never thought that I would like strawberry perfume. I thought, "too sweet, too cheap, too little girl". I was totally wrong here. I did not search this one down. It found me in a swap, but I assure you, it will NOT be leaving my possession!

First sniff: Fresh strawberries and insence. Very unusual.

On me:The carnations are spicy, the sugar is a little sweet, and the flowers make it just fresh enough. Oh, it is DIVINE.

Dried down: Light herbs, like a meadow, and the sweet, tart juice of real strawberries. No plastic. I can't believe it. It is not too pink, not too bright, not too fruity. It is like my new rose colored velvet bolero that my friend thought was vintage.

I love it. LOVE it. :P

Another great "pink" scent, like Pink Phoenix. I smell delicious strawberries, covered in sugar and milk, sitting on a table with a big beautiful bouquet of wild flowers. This is amazing

Pink Moon-

In Bottle: Strawberries and florals, as advertised!

Wet: Strawberry and floral and sweetly delicious.

Dry: This is such a lovely strawberry scent! If it were more easily available I'd get more, but at least there are other delicious strawberry BPALs like Bon Vivant.

Overall: I love.

Sweet, soft, and lovely. Honey isn't amping as much as it usually is on me - I'm mostly getting florals (particularly the phlox, I think) and the strawberries. Very delicate and very feminine.

I...I...I wanted to love this so much, but alas, it turns into SweeTarts on my skin. STALE SweeTarts. :P

Which is not to say it's unpleasant by any means, but I wanted the bright and PINK!!!! smell everyone else seemed to have gotten.

*shakes fist at skin chemistry* DARN YOU!!!

In bottle: Sugar, hint of strawberry, dusting of flowers.

On me: Candy-sweet. I like it. :P This is so very *pink* - how does she *do* that?

The first time I found a bottle of Pink Moon for sale on LJ I was shoplifted. :D I'm superstitious, so even though pink is one of my favorite colors I wondered if that was an omen. Then I thought, I'm a 4th gen Californian and it's reminiscent of my favorite season here, with native flowers - screw it! I want to try it! I'm so glad I took a chance on another bottle. Oooh, it's sooo pretty. :P

Wet in bottle: bubble gum and strawberry cough syrup. Those aren't unpleasant, but I'm a growed-up woman. :D At my age I feel it's kind of inappropriate to smell like a little girl's toy. I was apprehensive, but I know now that some fragrances that are strong in the bottle are changed by my skin, so I generously applied it. Mmmmmmmmm~!! The sweetness of the strawberries and flowers are nicely balanced by something rich and spicy - together, they're happy and feminine and sweet but not cloying or artificial. Pink Moon works wonderfully well with my skin chemistry. It stays close to the skin and it doesn't last a long time, but with a bottle, reapplication is no problem.

It reminds me so much of the TAL oil Yemayá! It shares the same sweet floral fruitiness. The scent calms and grounds me while also lifting my spirits.

I'm really glad I found another bottle! Whenever I need a pick-me-up or wear pink, I'll proudly wear it.

I tried this blend when it originally came out and, for whatever reason, decided I didn't like it enough to keep it and sold it.

I decided I wanted all the blends that have honey in them, so I found a bottle and bought it back.

This is very sweet, like sugared flowers. I can definitely smell the pink sugar and the strawberries now, which I don't remember getting before. I'm not sure which of the flowers I am smelling, but it's soft, not sharp, and very pretty.

I'm so glad I gave this another chance. I really look forward to wearing this in the spring.

I'm so glad I got an imp of this...now I can't wait for the new Lunacy :P

I agree, it's very pink. But in a good way--girly and sweet, with a hint of florals. I was struck by how I could detect each of the delicate layers of scents in this particular blend...maybe because my imp is so obviously aged, it smells lovely.

I'll be happy to pick up a bottle of this.