Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Gemini noir

Pink Moon 2005

The name of this moon refers to the color of wild ground phlox, a primary component of this Lunacy Blend, which is one of the most widespread floral signposts of springtime in North America. This Lunar blend is soft with phlox, tulip, daffodil, dogwood and muscari, dusted with pink sugar, carnation and honey, and a touch of the first strawberries of the season.

In the bottle: Almost caramelly, but then, burnt sugar=caramel by definition, so I suppose it's not far off. It's not a painful make-you-gag sweet...not sure how beth managed to pull this off without it ending up as that...kudos, beth!

On me: Mmm..very yummy. Like someone rolled traditional scenty (i.e. lily of the valley kind of 'grown up' flowers) flowers in candy and mushed them up. Ha...this scent makes me kind of hungry for pudding or something. There's also a kind of dryer-sheet underscent for me - clean and fresh.

~Fox

First sniff: Whoever described this as “pink Sugar Skull” wasn’t kidding. Wow. It’s almost butterscotch in the vial.

Wearing: Sweeeeeeeeeeeeet! Pink Moon is more of a girly-sweet than a caramel-sweet. It’s a bubblegum lollipop pink-flower sort of sweet. And when it dries, it’s so very, very strawberry.

Bottle (Imp): Smells sweet and flowery. Not cloyingly flowery, just pleasant flowers. And the sweetness is nice.

Just On: More flowers than sweet, and hints of herbal scents. But the sweetness is there, and I like this so far. It's fairly mild, and I perceive it as quite feminine.

An hour or two later: These are mild and sweet flowers. I wish I was amping up the sweet part, but these flowers are livable, so this isn't all bad. No plastic or cloying scent to this, which is nice. I definitely feel this is a feminine scent.

Around 6 hours: The flowers have amped up more, so although the scent is faded, it's more flowers than it was before. I was so hoping this would work on me, since I did see people saying it was sweet, but apparently I'm drumming up the flowers out of this, and not liking it quite so much. I think I can smell the lunar oils, and those aren't too bad though.

12 hours: It's almost totally gone, but I can catch a hint of flowers if I try. It sounds good on paper, but on my skin it seems to come down to flowers.

Overall: Well, it was a good purchase, but I don't think I'll be keeping this imp. I'm glad I got to try it, and just as glad I didn't spend a lot of money on it.

After reading other reviews: I certainly didn't get any sweetness out of this one. If I had, the flowers might have been fine with me, but the flowers were so strong that anything else was drowned out, and I'm grieving that. This went off to the swaps, to somebody who can wear it.

In the bottle: Sugary strawberries! What's strange is that this smells like New Age stores to me. You know those little stores that sell Wicca supplies and astrology books and stuff - every single one of those stores that I've been to smells like this bottle.

Wearing: Strawberry is the predominant note for me. This is a real strawberry, not the sweet fake artificial smell. The florals in this are subdued, but nice.

After two hours: This smells like pure sugar to me, with a faint hint of flowers.

This wasn't as sweet as I thought it would be. And a little darker than I expected - Pink Moon is pink, but it's a deep, dark pink. It's beautiful, though, and I'm definitely impressed - it's my first bottle.

Edited by blueroses

Pink Moon was much less sweet than I'd anticipated. I'm not sure why, but I thought it would smell like spun sugar and honey and it didn't at all. It was actually much more true to its origin. Almost immediately on it hitting my skin, I could smell carpets of pink phlox. The sugar was there in the background, but it definitely wasn't the prominent scent. It was almost as if the sugar was there to help bring out the natural sweetness of the flowers, like an ingredient in a recipe.

Unfortunately for me, there was some ingredient in Pink Moon that was an allergy trigger for me. Every time I tried to really sniff it, my nose would itch or my eyes would water or I'd sneeze. I'm thinking that might have been the dogwood, since I know that's a common hay fever culprit. I don't think I would have loved the scent if I didn't have that reaction, but the allergy cinched it for me. I'm very glad I had only an imp of this.

Pink Moon is VERY bright when wet. It’s a powdery strawberry candy kind of scent to me. Pinker than pink for certain, in a fluffy, girlie way.

There’s something sharp behind it as well, though. Perhaps that’s the lunar oil(s) peeking through? It reminds me of a light floral bouquet (I’m sure that’s the carnation and phlox) amplified by the scent of fresh leaves.

I can understand the comparison to 80s toy smells as well. I had a prom Maxie doll that came with a scented heart necklace which closely resembles the smell of Pink Moon on drydown. In that way, it’s a very nostalgic blend for me that makes me enjoy it all the more.

As far as wearing it, I’m still unsure on the when or where. It’s a tad stronger than I had anticipated, or perhaps that’s just my chemistry causing the florals to override everything else. I’d have to be in a very specific mood to pull it out. That’s not to say that I want to part with it, though. I might just have to experiment with wearing it from time to time and seeing how it settles on me.

Wow. This is strong. This is quite possible the strongest and most overpowering BPAL scent that I've come across yet. I love the pink border around the label and the pink writing (I'm easily amused, lol).

I'm still not sure if I really like the scent, but I doubt that I'll ever love it. For the first fifteen minutes on my skin, this is just way too much for me. Like drowning in phlox and getting pelted in the face with strawberry bubble gum. Then it begins to soften a bit and becomes bearable. Less screaming and in my face. Delicate pink flowers and strawberry cotton candy.

The boy said that this was a bit too 'heavy' and sickeningly sweet for him. ...and I usually wear really intense foody scents... soo... he's used to serious sugar shock, and pink moon was still too much... lol.

Wow! This is probably the sweetest scent I've tried so far. It's also the first Lunar Oil I've tried. Pink Moon smells like a really sugary strawberry candy. Wearing it makes me feel really girly. I love it! :P

Pink's accurate. Sweet and girlish, with tinges of cotton candy, spun sugar and bubblegum. Tones down a little as it dries and goes more floral, combined with a hint of strawberry.

Hooray, Hooray, HOORAY!!! I finally get the chance to review Pink Moon!!! :P I have been wearing her for almost 2 weeks now....because of my hectic schedule these days AND my rule that I can't wear any new fragrances until I write a review for them..well...it has kind of messed up my rotation schedule..HAH :D

No worries though..will do my review(s) and then cheerfully decide which scent will be the one I showcase next week at work..hee hee!!!

Weekends I tend to review impies...just in case anybody was wondering... :D

OKAY...onto the review.

First whiff from the bottle: Sweet...not bubblegum sweet no,no,no..honey sweet with a tangle of sugary sweetness...definitely a *pink* feel to it. As much as I am not a *pink* gal..I do like it...

Applied wet on skin: I still get the sweetness..but now the florals are asserting themselves a bit more in the mix. All of this is really very pretty, soft and sweet.

Couple of minutes on skin: The party consists of the floral with the honey and sugar sweetness...I still think there is a tiny touch of *aquatic* which lends the fragrance a lightness that keeps it from being too heavy on the sweetness factor. The fragrance seems to stay close on my skin.

Funny...I am not sure if there is much throw on me with Pink Moon..then again when I opened the bottle I could smell it from 2 feet away...could be that I am just used to it.hmmmmm :D

Drydown:For me..it is all soft floral with sweetness...not too much on the strawberry..more so honey and sugar...lasting power is pretty good..for me Pink Moon lasts 4-5 hours before I need to re-apply. With the warmer weather we have been having in the Garden State it really seems to *bloom* especially when I am walking briskly to work...at least I know I smell pretty even if I am sweating!!! :D

Bottom Line: Ireally am very happy with Pink Moon. She is a great fragrance to wear for Spring and not bad in the pseudo-heat wave that we are having as well. Well done Beth!!!

I can't write a better review than metaldog's. It articulates everything I feel about Pink Moon (rather amazing, actually).

It does have an initial hit of Sugar Skull, but the burnt sugar doesn't last nearly as long. It then "blooms" and I smell the flowers and the strawberry. I've always loved the smell of fresh strawberries, but had no idea that there was a way to smell like them- aside from smearing them all over me, and that's just not practical. After trying this, I knew that I had to try the other blends with strawberry.

I only wish that I'd bought 2 bottles because I'm rationing it already.

I get a slightly sweet, hint of soft floral, a touch of powder & a bit of booziness (champagne-like) from my bottle of Pink Moon.

It lasted over 12 hours on me.

Great scent for summer! I am enjoying it very much.

In the bottle - Screams Pink Sugar maybe cotton candy or bubble gum

Wet - I can smell the florals more

Drydown - More carmalized now

This is lovely I wish I would have had to opportunity to buy a bottle when it was offered.

edited to add I got my wish and a bottle is on its way to me :P

I didn't order this Moon because the florals turned me off...seems like they never really work for me.

But after seeing all that was available in the swaps, I figured, sure grab and imp and check it out. So I did. :P

Okies, initial sniff is "hey, this is kinda spicy, wow, it's pink too!" It reminds me of this sugary sweet candy whose name (and description) eludes me currently.

Swipe: Wow...this is kinda nice. It's that sugary sweet candy with a spicy "aftertaste" and really is quite nice. Not at all the sickly floral bouqet I was expecting.

Drydown: Ok, this didn't morph too much, but it did get a little "perfumey." Poo.... cuz I was totally thinking about a bottle, but I'm not big on smelling "perfumey."

Overall: Although I enjoy sweet scents, for some reason I'm actually getting a little sore and raw in the back of my throat from all the sweetness. Pink Moon and a Pink Sugar sample from the other day are really doing a number on me. This new change had better not be permanent!

I've worn this one several times, it's a tough one to figure out.

The name certainly fits, it is above all else a very PINK scent. Sugary sweet without being too sweet. I can't really pick out any floral notes in it and only occassionally catch a hint of strawberry. Cotton candy and bubblegum come to mind when I wear it, but there is also a spiciness to it that I really love. I'm so glad this was my first "Moon" scent. I love it!

Wafted from the bottle: Bubble gummy cotton candy.

First on: Woah. Flowers. Lots and lots and lots of flowers. Not... icky flowers though. Not bad. The sweetness from the bubblegummy/cotton candy smell is still there, but it's almost completely lost in the flowers.

Few hours later: Still sweet, still flowery but becoming more vague.

Few more hours: It's become a light and delicate bouquet of tulips with... something. I'm not sure which flower or combination of flowers that is. It might be the daffodil. I'm also picking up traces of the bubble gum scent again. It's almost as if the florals and that sweetness can't decide which will burn off me first; one minute it's all floral, the next it's almost pure bubble gum.

Verdict: I like it. Little Miss likes it. The Mr. likes it ("That's nice."). I don't think I'd get into a bidding war for more, but I wouldn't mind having more of it. Especially with Little Miss around.

random notes: Tried this on an indoor AC day - temp approx 75F and not enough movement to rev up my body temp. Considering how it was almost pure sugar on the Little Miss (she runs hotter than I do), I think this one will explode into a bubble gummy cotton candy fest on me if I wear it in the heat.

Definitely pink. I really like this blend. When I tried it the first time, I almost dismissed it. I tried it again and it smells like cotton candy. This will be my girly scent, the one that I wear when I wear a summer dress and sandals.

Wet I get plox, muscari, sugar and a touch of carnation over a soft flowery and honeyed strawberries bottom.

It's like cotton candy with a floral bit, like Melting Marshmallow Moment from lush.

Girly, pink (very pink indeed) :P and comfy... but I don't think it's me.

In the bottle this smelt exactly like candy floss, I was so excited when I first sniffed it. On me for the first half an hour or so it was floral, sweet floral, but floral non the less, when that had faded, I kept getting wafts of candy floss and strawberries (a word on these strawberries - I am so impressed this is the exact scent of strawberries that have been picked from my Grans garden and are so sharp that they're practically sour so we have them with a liberal sprinkling of sugar and when you've eaten a bowl you end up with the excess juice of the strawberries and the sugar forming a sort of syrup :P ). It's strange because the scent fades on my skin quite quickly, but I'm still getting wafts of it. What is left on my skin is a warm vanilla scent.

I like this blend, I like it alot, but I think I would have liked it more it the hype hadn't made me anticipate it so much before I tried it (if that makes sense).

Edited by Ajila

I was afraid this one would be super floral but it's a soft pastel pink type of scent on me. I get a cotton candy and strawberry mostly and as it drys down there's a bit of vanilla mixed in with soft florals in addiction to the candy scent.

Mmm...never thought a berry or fruit would work on me, but this is stunning. Soft and sweet, with a little sugar. The fruitiness is real strong at first, then there's this very brief phase where--I know it sounds crazy--I get a slight smell like band-aids. I smell this in real life sometimes with strawberries and cherries. It dissipates pretty quickly in Pink Moon, and then I'm just left with a faintly floral-berry smell intertwined with those marvelous lunacy oils (which I can never fully identify).

All in all, it's a very--dare I say it--"pink" scent.

First wiff - strawberry bubble yum

First applied - strawberry bubble yum

An hour later - yep still bubble yum :P a tad sweeter, maybe it'll morph

Several hours later - no morph, damn I really wanted to love this one *pout* oh well, not for me at all

This is what I smelled like when I came home from a long summer night of working at the DQ. Smells Like marshmallow fluff mixed with strawberry syrup - thick, sticky and sweet. Not for me.

I had a hard time picking out the specific notes in this blend.

Wet, it was sugared flowers, like one would put on a wedding cake. Sweet, floral and very girly.

After the drydown there was just the lightest touch of strawberry mixed in with the florals. Very nice, still very girly and sweet.

Several hours later, this became sort of smokey and dark. I couldn't even figure out if it was a particular note, or just my body chemisty. The strawberry became more prominent, and the florals went smokey - like they were being burned on an alter or something.

Over all, the final scent was a little disconcerting, but it still smelled lovely. I'm going to give this one another try as soon as possible.

FRUIT CURSE!!!

A faint strawberry that's sometimes sweet, sometimes bitter. When it's sweet, it's pretty, when it's not it's not.

I have GOT to stop buying blends with fruit notes. It's always dissappointing. They HATE me.

EDIT: bizarrely, an hour later, this is actually richer & sweeter with the rich, round undertones that I so like. I think that's the honey. I think I'll have to find my imp of SN honey eventually and compare the two.

I now have no idea if I'm 'eh' on the blend 'cause I dislike the first hour so, or if I really like it because of the strawberry-honey.

Edited by Muppetk