Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Nadirah

Red Devil

A sinfully playful lust blend. Inspires sexual spontaneity, a little bit of kinkiness, and new and inventive ways to get dirty.

In the vial:
teh stink

On me:
No wonder, there is jasmine here. So stinky on me. And overwhelming.

Final note:
Voodoo oils just have this general smell on me all the time, I don't know what it is but they usually just don't work for me. :/

The scent is nice. I'm trying it at work, so it's not the best place to get kinky and naughty. But it is a wearable scent, and I'll have to try it again later. :-)

Red Devil is one of my fave Voodoo Scents,, and the first I declared immediately--I will need a bottle. Its hard for my "nose" to distinguish particular notes, but it smells RED and looks red. I think there's some Dragon Blood Resin in there by the smell and color, and also some sweet orange or neroli. It is sexy and sweet in the extreme and immediately got my libido running in the red.

Good throw and wearlength. Sweet and sexy but not overly girly or slutty. I did not find it morphed a whole lot, but I didn;t care because I liked it from the get-go.

Fresh on, it's really floral. As it dries, I get something fizzy which is probably sandalwood. Basically, it dries to a light floral and sandalwood. Not bad, not stellar.

This is one of the first scents that I've absolutely adored in the imp; most I find too strong and complicated directly sniifed from the dipping stick.

A little goes a long way with this scent! It's sexy, but in a flirty kind of way, not trashy or anything. It smells a bit musky on me. I really like it though, in small amounts it's subtle and a nice suprise to smell periodically. It's a very warm scent, and it blends in with my natural smell, enhancing it rather than covering it which is something I like in a perfume.

It's one of my favorites so far. I'm not sure if I'd get a bottle, but I will be refreshing it a little before my party tonight! I do plan to use the whole imp; I'm thinking of making it into a solid perfume so that it will last longer!

imp: this smells like musk and rose with maybe a little bit of dragon's blood.

wet: i think there must be some sandalwood in here because that's what i get as soon as it hits my skin. sandalwood, light rose, a bit of musk.

dry: more musky with the rose on the verge of soapiness. there is still a faint sandalwood and dragon's blood touch but it is indistinct.

In the imp: Play-Doh, but quickly shifting to something powdery, yet assertive.

Wet: Roses? Something floral. And spices, but cold spices, if that makes sense -- not a full, warm smell, but a sort of hollow, chilly spicy smell.

Drying down: Play-Doh creeping in again ... but there's something sweet there, too, sweet and spicy and maybe a little smoky, almost like clove, but not quite. There's a fascinating scent in here, but it's fighting the Play-Doh, trying to come out.

The jury's still out on this one. Maybe I'll wear some to work today, so I have all day to smell it and make up my mind. It's a really interesting, shifty floral/smoky-spicy-sweet, and I'm hopeful that the Play-Doh part will dissipate.

The scent reminds me a little of dragon's tears. It definitely has dragon's blood, but it's light. It seems to be taking a back seat to jasmine.

I have no idea what else is in it, because all I really get are the dragon's blood and jasmine. It's pretty nice, if you like jasmine, but nothing that wows me. The longer it dries, the more it seems there's a very light wood note in the background.

It seems to have huge throw, but it's a gentle scent, so it doesn't knock you down. Can't say it's making me want to reach for the riding crop.

Hah. I had no idea what this was for before I put it on.

In the imp: hyacinth or jasmine? Certainly floral.

Wet: yeah, floral. Hyacinth and jasmine.

Drydown: still floral, tending towards a green quality. Hyacinth-jasmine-narcissus, maybe all three mixed.

I can't smell any cinnamon, although I was expecting it. We'll see if it makes the Czar frisky.

To my nose, Red Devil is a deep, bitter musk. It almost smells like a locker room. I cannot bear the smell of it on its own.

However- I actually wear it often, usually layered with something that's strong and sweet, because damn, does it ever work as advertised! It's so effective that it should almost be a TAL rather than a BPAL.

I use it so sparingly that I'll probably stick to imps rather than ever buying a big bottle, but I wouldn't want to be without it.

In the bottle – Ylang-ylang and jasmine, possibly rose

Wet on me – The high floral scent of the jasmine mixing with sandalwood and a little musk

Dry on me – The jasmine remains the dominate fixture although the musk peeks through from time to time

Overall – I don’t really have the opportunity to try out the practical side of this blend, but as a scent this is really not me

In the bottle it burns and smells like an ultra strong avon perfume I had at some point. On my skin, it turned into this weird smell that was like a cheap gardenia candle and that's how it's staying. Too bad. Not really my cup of tea.

It smells a lot like a subdued Inferno, lighter on the fruit and cinnamon, and with rose or something thrown in (maybe jasmine?). It fades fairly fast, but it's a nice, balanced sort of blend. I like it.

Red Devil is a floral blend to my nose. It's very sweet (like jasmine, lily, or honeysuckle) and has a high pitch to it. There's something in there that's playful and a bit spicy without being spicy, if that makes sense. It seems like this is full of aphrodesiac florals. It's lovely, but a bit to high and sweet for me.

When I first put Red Devil on it smells EXACTLY like Aunt Caroline's Joy Mojo.

That changes pretty quickly, but I can't pick out any particular notes except pepper. Not to say that pepper rules the blend, its barely there at all. Whatever is going on seems fruity and a little floral, and quite frankly, I'm lightheaded after sniffing it. Is there Dragon's Blood in here?

Fiance's comment: "You smell like nine things."

It smelled lovely on me. My mom compared it to Este's Cinnabar. Spicy, musky, incensey at times but not overly so. IDidn't have tremendous staying power on me, is very faint now about 7 hours later, but the throw was nice. I don't think I'll get a bottle but I'll probably keep the imps that come my way.

This is dragon blood and jasmine. And let me tell ya, jasmine definitely dominates this blend. I doubt this will inspire much sexual playfulness in my house, since my husband smelled this and went 'cat pee' and decidedly stayed away from me.

Yeah, not a winner for me.

On me, this was predominately jasmine. There was also a rose note. I think I could faintly detect the dragon's blood resin in there, but not enough to save the blend for me. :P

in the imp: i don't know how to say this, except to say it's like sniffing Dragon's Blood in the summertime- the sweetness of DB and the warm round scent of a summer night. it's lovely.

wet on skin: much the same. i get what people are saying about picking up a "dragon's tears" note happening, but it's not really an aqua- which is good, because i mostly dont like those.

dry down: the same as in the vial.

in all: i don't get the "magically potent" thing that i usually get from oils belonging to The Conjure Bag, but i definitely get a bit o' friskiness about me and it's a light, sweet, almost fae scent- i could see wearing this on summer date nights for sure!

;)

hmm... dragons blood and jasmine? It's very full bodied and the sharpness of the jasmine is cut down but the prominent note which I'm sure (because everyone else has noted it as well) is dragons blood. It is sexy and bold.

As it dries down I smell something sweet hangin around the edges but the prominent notes are still dragons blood and jasmine. Not bottle worthy but I'll treasure my imp!

Ew - not good! Sweet, sickly jasmine or gardenia - some kind of strong floral. Maybe some dragon's blood or something equally syrupy on my skin. Sorry little Red Devil, but you are not for me!

i'm not sure how this manages to smell innocent and dirty all at the same time, but it does. this oil sends very mixed signals! :P

good girl, bad girl, this oil doesn't care. it just wants you to get freaky. :shhh:

this isn't something i'd wear just for the fragrance of it - that seems to be asking for trouble - but i do like the scent, even if i can't identify it. it speaks to my "caveman brain" more than to my nose, i think.