Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Goddess of Strife and Discord, constant companion and sometime consort to Ares. She is a fickle, chaotic Goddess of Bedlam whose greatest passion is the sowing of dissention and turmoil. A suitably disjointed scent, bursting with gleeful mayhem: wet fruits and sharp mimosa with Martial spices and a deceptive flash of floral.

In the imp:
Really strong fruit, like watermelon, but the fake kind you get in candy.

Wet:
The fruity smell is strong - almost too strong, but it calms down after a minute or so. The scent also starts to smell a bit more floral. Okay, now it's really pretty, sort of like pears and some sort of not-too-strong floral.

Dry:
Pears and light florals. Yum! This might end up being a big-bottle purchase at a later time.

This is very cheery, sticky wet fruit when Eris first goes on. It’s extremely sweet like preserves or some such—a condensed sticky fruit smell. This just stays extremely sticky sweet but goes down the path of smelling a tiny bit like sugar-substitute kind of sweet which is making me wrinkle my nose. Where’s the martial spices and everything? This is just saccharine-laced fruit filling to my nose, ick.

Rating: 1/5

Edited by Lunaratu

In the bottle it smells like melon...that fake, syrupy sweet melon that you find in candy.

Wet on the skin, still the same. Sticky sweet melon.

As it dries, the fruit disappears and leaves behind a spicy floral, which is just slightly sweet. Very strange to go from blatant fake fruit to floral in a matter of minutes.

I still haven't given a final verdict on this one. The floral is nice, but nothing that makes me say wow.

ETA: Ok, one hour after application, the spices have gone to the background and the sweetness has come back up. At this point, this is really nice. A lot less grandmotherly and more light summer floral.

Unfortunately, three hours later, it's gone powdery. Light floral with a strong baby powder scent. I think I'm going to have to give this one away.

Edited by dnagirl

in the bottle it's fruity, indeed, like peaches and orange, with just a hint of something hot.

wet on skin it smells pretty icky wet, like a peach that was left in the refrigerator until it went a bit soft and runny, then got dry and crusty and green. it also has a vaguely skunk-like phase that's not quite skunk and not quite wet dog, but reminiscent of both.

dry on skin this goes incredibly dry when dry (oddly, ha ha) and almost smells like singing moon, but without the sweetness that SM has. the rancid peach fades to something sweet and pleasant. it goes away pretty quickly, but with a wet phase like that, it's okay!

In the bottle: apples! How appropriate for Eris. :P

On me: um... Jolly Rancher green apple candies.

Drying down: the apple fades back and some floral comes out, but eventually it all melts into an amorphous, sweet, chalky marshmallow. Dangit.

At first it's a heady, almost cloyingly sweet floral that reminds me of Eve (maybe it was apple or apple blossom that I was smelling). Once on my skin a bit of spice turns up and cuts the sweetness somewhat. In the end I'm left with a nice floral that feels very sexy and womanly and wafts up from my skin now and then so that I keep catching whiffs of it. It's friendlier than I expected Eris to be!

Eris is a flashy scent, in the sense that it has a sort of apple-fruit bite to it with a sharp slash of mimosa. It is sort of heady and juicy, bold, floral. It's one that I keep on hand and reach for even if it's not my usual scent niche. I don't know what it is about this but it's worth trying especially if you like bold, fruity, floral scents.

imp: wet, ripe fruits and berries surrounded by flowers. this is almost too sweet.

wet: this reminds me of the super-sweet fruity scent that sits in the house while i'm making jam.

dry: the fruitiness dies down a little once it's dry, but this scent it still all playful and giggly sweet. added to the to-buy bottle list.

In Vial: Fruit with something that stinks

On Skin: Ok this is a little better. I smell more of the wet fruits. I think it is the mimosa that I find unpleasant.

Later: Smells like a strawberry scented candle. Smells waxy.

Mayhem is right.

My nose wasn't sure what to make of this one.

Slightly fruity with, perhaps, a hint of floral in the imp...and something which, honestly, struck me as stinky kitty litter..

On my skin it was more floral than fruit, but there is some strange scent lurking behind it all I just don't care for, so this one is for the swap pile.

In the Bottle

It smells very fruity and is a canteloupe sort of colour. Pretty.

On Me

Initially, I dunno what happens, but it smells like... how do I put this politely--- I can't-- dog poo. Wet grass and dog poo, and I'm hopiong it morphs, because, how the hell does fruit turn into dog poo?

It morphs, thankfully. I'm getting canteloupe and honeydew, a moist grassy outdoorsy softness, and something that reminds me of lilipilly berries (which probably isn't, because they're Australian and I doubt they're over in the States) and a splash of mimosa.

Eris isn't pretty, though. I wouldn't call this scent sweet candy-coated girly goodness in spite of the fruity notes, I wouldn't say it's sexy and mysterious, I wouldn't say it's at all a dark fragrance, either. But it's not a "hippy" like fragrance, either.

Instead, what I'm getting is more like an unashamedly real perfume: it's nondescript and down-to-earth and it just strikes me as very human. Weird, changing, with glistening pretty notes but also with this odd bluntness about it-- it doesn't stand out initially until you really pay attention.

In all honesty, I don't know if it was meant to work like that (or if my skin chemistry is just effing weird) but I think it is a very cool concept and I like it.

this one is really a morpher. my first thought was, strangely enough, violets! dark wild violets you find in the forest right after the rain, but only for a second!then the fruit struck and then it went back to the floral which was now clearly mimosa.

it's really.. weird. but in a good way. it's fruity, but almost powdery for a moment or two, then fruity again. this one is playing with my nose, really. the drydown brings out the musk which balances the whole thing. not my thing, but it's definitely interesting.

The first blast of this is very sweet fruits, kind of like watermelon candy. Very yummy! But unfortunately, it has this weird undertone that ruins it for me. I'm not sure what note it is, but it smells like bad breath to me. On my skin it loses all of that yummy sweet fruitiness, and turns to a sour floral mess.

In the bottle: Extremely fruity, in a sort of bubble-gum way.

Wet: The mimosa and other floral notes have emerged. I can't smell any spice. Still strongly fruity.

Dry: Nicely balanced fruity floral. Lush comes to mind. An earthy spicy note has finally come out, though it's not strong.

Summary: This isn't the type of thing I thought I would like, and I still don't think it's something I'd wear, but it's surprisingly yummy. I'd recommend this to anyone who likes fruity scents.

Frimp from swap with Suu4LC :P

Oh, Eris, what havoc have ye wrought upon my skin!

Smelling from the imp (as in, w/o opening it and sniffing at the wafting smell on the label), it smelled lovely - fruity/floral-y. But alas, when I put it on, it was like Mi-Go Brain Canister gone horribly wrong. I didn't care so much for Mi-Go Brain Canister for a similar plasticky/fake fruity smell that Eris shares, but in addition to this, I get something that I can only describe as smelling of excrement and rot. It is actually making me feel physically ill to smell it. I'm afraid this one is off to swaps!

Initial Thoughts: I picked this one up from a swap pile based on imp-sniffing, and thus must kinda like it. Can't actually remember what I thought at the time, but I think the sharp fruitiness must have been what attracted me.

In the imp: Yep. Wet, fruity, sharp and yet not citrus. Actually, I think I get pineapple and maybe mango? I also get the floral undertone, making it a very cold, slightly odd scent.

On the wrist, wet: Wet, sharp, strong mimosa with a bit of... well, the fresh wet almost sweetness of tropical fruit without actually smelling like tropical fruit salad at all. That's most pleasant.

Fifteen minutes later: Still largely the mimosa, with a fresh fruit undertone, only less wet. This has hardly morphed at all, and although it's got a respectable throw, it's also very light and bright. Even though it's very definately a girly perfume that I don't know I'll want to wear often, I'm very pleased with it.

Verdict: Keeper, and a bottle if I find I go through it at a respectable rate.

Tl;Dr: Light and feminine, but persistent mimosa with a fresh fruity undertone, good throw.

Hmm, this is very nice, but I'm not sure if it's me. I love the mimosa and the wet fruits and the spices, so it must be the floral, which does tone down over time, but I'm not sure if it is worth the wait.

Maybe the florals won't be so sharp in the heat of summer. I'll have to keep this one and give it another shot.

Oh...oh yum. Sweet luscious fruity YUM.

Could be apple in there...could be pear...could also be some melon...definitely very moist, juicy scents, incredibly wet and tempting, with just a hint of florals -- is it sakura blossom that continues to make it so sweet? In any case, hot damn.

I don't get any spiciness from it at all...just lots of seductive sugary sweetness. I know now how hummingbirds feel.

Definitely pick this up if you like fruity, sweet scents.

The top notes are all spicy fruits, very nice. Unfortunately there's some sort of base note here that is screaming, "DO NOT WANT." An earlier reviewer compared it to civet and while I've never tried any of the civet blends that is something about the base note that reminds me of litter box (which is what many people say happens when Civet Goes Wrong).

The strange base note fades in and out however - sometimes its not there at all. Even without it, Eris isn't to my taste. I think I'll go wash it off - in case the Bad Note decides to reassert itself. (I'm at work, so waiting out the Bad is a disservice to my coworkers.)

I was very wary of this, as it was frimped to me in my last package and I have a notoriously rough time with florals and fruits. When I uncapped the imp - oh man - all fruit. I bit the bullet and applied it though and wow! I was shocked. This may be the first fruit BPAL I can wear! It smells delicious. The florals don't overpower and the fruit isn't cloying in the slightest. It almost smells a little like candy, but nothing super sugary. Unfortunately, it wore off in about 4 hours.

In The Bottle

Slightly aquatic with over-ripe fruit and spices

On Application

Dirty socks and rotten fruit but sweet. :P

Dry Down

The "off" scent dissapears to leave a fresh, sweetish and fruity aquatic. A little bit of saltiness in the background. Reminds me of a sweeter Manila. I like it but not something I will wear.

Rating (0-5)

Wet in imp - Definitely wet fruits and mimosa, plus a strange sour note that must be the floral and spices.

Wet on skin - This smells almost like watermelon bubble gum, but I’m still getting that funny sour foral/spice smell.

Dry on skin - I think this would smell good with just the wet fruits/mimosa notes, but that sour element is still there, and not in a Sour Patch Kids kind of way. Pass.

Imp: Bright fruity candy.

Wet: This starts to smell like the Grindhouse of all things. Thei Grindhouse without the red musk. It's sort of sweet and fruity and has a touch of "skin" to it.

Dry: I think there's a bit of lilac and definitely violet in here. It's predominantly floral on me with soft melon and tropical fruits in the background. Pretty and very unusual. If there isn't papaya in this there is something that smells like slicing a fresh papaya open.

Throw: Decent.

Overall: I've thought about trying this but the reviews always turned me off. I'm glad I did. The florals in this are wonderful and it's such a unique and offbeat scent. The fruit is lovely without being over the top and the entire thing is well blended but distinct enough to truly evoke Eris. A gorgeous scent.

In bottle: definitely fruit and mimosa on top. Wet: Mostly lush mimosa. It’s quite pleasant, the rich florals supported by the softer fruit and a hint of spice. If I wore florals, I would wear this one Dry: The scent goes dry, flatter and pleasantly spicy, moving away from the lush wet smelling florals.