Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Goddess of Strife and Discord, constant companion and sometime consort to Ares. She is a fickle, chaotic Goddess of Bedlam whose greatest passion is the sowing of dissention and turmoil. A suitably disjointed scent, bursting with gleeful mayhem: wet fruits and sharp mimosa with Martial spices and a deceptive flash of floral.

Slightly fruit--like mimosa--with a hint of spices. The spices warm up upon drydown and Eris gets slightly musky. It's hard to describe it. It's not white, dark, or red musk, but the muskiness (that's a word, right?) that comes from the spices sinking into your skin and becoming a skin scent. This ísn't a distinctive sort of scent (at least after the first hour). Edited by Shollin

In the bottle: FRUIT

On my skin: Fruit fruit fruit and more fruit. Bleh. This is like Fruit Moon, but not as strong.

Later on: Mostly gone except for a faint sweetness.

In the imp: Super-fruity, similar to Mi-Go Brain Canister, but without the gingery notes.

On, wet: Still fruity; the florals have now announced themselves. There's a note in there that reminds me of white musk. Also possibly some jasmine.

Drydown: The jasmine and florals grow more pronounced, and the fruitiness tapers off.

Very pretty, but maybe too similar to Mi-Go, which I like better. On the other hand, whenever my bottle of Mi-Go runs out, I know that Eris will be a perfectly good substitute.

Hmm, not really what I expected. We got this is a frimp in our most recent Lab order, and it wasn't something I'd had on my wish list, but looking up the description, it seemed like it might have potential. Fruits and spices are often good on me, though florals are very dicey.

But in this case, the fruit notes don't seem to be the kind that I like -- there's a distinct melony scent, and I don't really like melons even to eat, let alone to wear. Whatever spices are in this are fairly subdued, and the florals, while not being as overwhelmingly strong as they sometimes can be on me, add sweetness to an already sweet scent that really doesn't need them.

For a goddess of chaos, I'd really expect a little more darkness in this scent. This is way too sweet, and as others have said, verges on almost bubble-gum-ish. Definitely not for me.

Grade: D+/C-

This smelled like Jolly Rancher candy in the imp. On my skin it quickly turned to baby poweder Jolly Rancher candy. I'm just going to take a stab in the dark here, and say that Eris has my arch floral nemesis, violet, in it. I can only do violet in wee small doses, other wise it turns right into baby powder on my skin.

I could still smell the fruity candy, which was actually kind of nice, but I don't think I'll be keeping Eris around.

This definitely is a fruit scent on my skin.

Wet: Melons, backed up by a soft floral scent that I can't put my finger on.

Dry: A juicy orange melon cut open, but softened and faded by that floral.

This is probably the first fruity scent I don't care for all that much. I don't like to eat melons, so I don't really care for the smell of them either. I got no hint of the spices, which probably would have smelled great with the melon. Ah well, I still have my Mi-Go when I need an uberfroot scent.

The scent faded fairly quickly on me, so this would be a slatherer. :P

i adore the sweet and syrupy fruity scent i get from sniffing this imp....

once i apply it there is only the tiniest hint of fruit; much more of a floral

bouquet :D .... then it gets all "ralph lauren" (the original) on me.....

funny how this one did exactly what mi-go did to me....whatever florals

are components in this blend they do not play well with my chemistry :P

Edited by sookster

In the vial:

OH MY GOD WATERMELON!!!

On me:

If I had known this smelled like watermelon, I would have tried it way sooner than when the lab had been kind enough to send me a frimp of it. All this time I was wishing for a watermelon BPAL scent and it's been right here, go figure!

At first it goes on wet like juicy watermelon and honeydew! It's very lovely and fruity. Jasmine is behind it though, and goes a little wonky on my skin per usual, but I still like the melony scent on top of it :P

After this dries for quite some time it becomes less of a juicy melon scent and more of a subtle fruity floral - it's very soft now and mostly faded, and there is a general melon/fruit scent here backed by a general floral here that doesn't necessarily smell like jasmine anymore

Final note:

I REALLY wanted those melon notes to stick around longer and stronger but they don't. It is nice to have a faint melony smell though in BPAL. I don't like it enough to get a bottle because of the jasmine and the lack of staying power in this, but it is pretty nice.

I had high hopes for this one since directly out of the bottle it smelled like vomit. Arachne does the same thing, but turns into one of my top ten favorites. Yegad, that's counterintuitive.

My hopes are not dashed!! This is soft, not too sweet, yeah-kinda-melony, and no bad jasmine experiences. It's a hot, sticky day and this is wonderfully refreshing.

In the imp and wet on my skin all I can think about when I smell this is when I was in 7th grade and Bonne Belle had those huge Lip Smackers - I had the big watermelon one- Yep! this is watermelon Lip Smackers all right!

As this dries down, just a bare hint of soft, white florals emerge in the back -ground. It's definitely not an overpowering floral but just enought to temper the Wow! of the watermelon.

Completely dried down, Eris smells like a beautiful cool summer scent. Slightly melon, slightly floral and a hint of a note that I can't quite make out - it's just not strong enough- but it rounds out the scent.

I really like Eris. I imagine wearing it during a hot summer day. Very light, cool and just enough floral to take it from a kids watermelon scented lip gloss to a sophisticated perfume oil. Very nice...

In Bottle: Floral fruity pee

On Skin: Yes, you read that right. I smell flowers and sweet fruit and I smell… urine. Not bitter cat pee, but human pee. Scary, yes, but I’ve had a few other scents do this on me and I’ve yet to determine which note is going wonky on me. There is also a sweetness, almost like lotus or heliotrope… that bubblegummy note. The fruits I would guess are plum and maybe melon? I’m sad it’s not working, but I have Yemaya for my melon fix when I need it. It’s very light over all… minimal throw and staying power. I thought I’d love this, but the “pee” note is not going away. It’s off to the swaps.

Oh, oh ICK! I opened it and immediately recoiled away from it. Sickeningly sweet, like something rotten. Hated it, so traded it.

bottle:

fruity, some rose, sweet medium florals

wet:

a slightly spicy fruity scent, hint of vanilla, and some florals in the background.

dry:

stays pretty much the same - no more vanilla note, but soft spicy fruit/floral blend. I love this!

overall:

so far, so amazing! Must compare it with delerium when I get it, as it reminds me of that when I sampled someone elses.

rating: 8/10

Edited by HennaFairy

i agree, it's a bit like mi-go, and i get the same issues too; out of the much-appreciated frimp, i get: canned peaches, the barest hint of jasmine, and - like mi-go but not as strong - something a bit diaper-y, unfortunately. i sometimes wear mi-go anyway, and the initial diaper-thing seeems to go away, leaving a nice, summery, interesting fruit scent. so let's see how it goes with eris: yes, on the skin it is better. fresh melons and peaches, sprinkled with a little jasmine. it's nice, light and summery, but still a bit sickly sweet to wear it much.

Wet fruits!! OMG... J'adore!!

< blink blink > Holy #%@&... I just spoke French... I didn't know a perfume could do that to you. o_O

This is all about mimosa with a hint of florals and I'd swear, a little bit of musk. I would have never tried this on my own but I received a frimp and had to test it once. This is very rich and crisp.

in bottle: odd... fruit and what i'm considering is the mimosa.

on skin, wet: bursting wet fruit, just ripe enough.

on skin, dry: herbal fruit.

conclusion: mm! 5/5

I don't know if it's the mimosa doing this to me, but there is a disturbing undercurrent of... feces... to this oil, on me. Succubus doesn't do this to me, but Madrid goes really weird and unpleasant on me, too.

Washing it off. Now.

Smelled kinda fruity in the imp, & got a hint of the mimosa at the start, then it turned into floral floral floral soap soap.

Blah.

Eris

In the bottle: Fruity sweet with a hint of spice and woozy floral.

On me: Spicy fruit with an undertone of floral. The floral fades and the spicy fruit lingers. I am slightly reminded of Juicy Fruit Gum. Very lasting on me. By the end of the day I still have the Juicy Fruit similarity. Very unusual scent. This is one I think I will try again.

By coincidence I tried this on the same day that my Lotus Moon arrived and the scents seem similar to me. Perhaps Eris has a bit of Lotus in it?

In the imp: Mmm, fruity! Like little kid fruit, something very red and pink and orange.

In my hair: Holy crap! Literally, ho-lee-crap. There has GOT to be jasmine or something in this, because it immediately went almost fecal on my skin. Bleh! Off to the swaps it goes.

--the worst part of this scent experience was my unfortunate choice of putting it in my hair 10 minutes before work. I can't even wash it off....maybe I'll try and cover it up with something not so poopy smelling.

Edited by faifai

Source: Imp

Initial Impressions I tend to get anything that has fruits in it, and this was no exception!

Bottle: Definitely fruity,, but less citrus than I expected. A bit of a melon scent? And flowers? Fresh, lush fruit flowers? Really pretty, and something I didn’t quite expect from a scent labeled Eris.

Wet: Ooh, sweet, really sugary on my skin. Kinda of like I had juice from a fruit smorgasbord run down my hands. I love this and I wasn’t expecting to like it as much as I do. Maybe it’s the floral cutting down the sweetness because I’d expect something this sugary to be a bit much.

Drydown: There’s a bit of a war going on. The fruit and floral are fighting each other and one moment, I think it’s all flowers and the next, it’s all fruits. A bit odd. I like the scent of both, since they blend really well together and I’m still amazed that Eris smells this good considering the goddess it’s based off of. Is this what strife smells like?

Dry: They’ve settled the war amicably. Predominant is the flowers, but the fruits are sitting quite respectably by it and grinning. Still smell the melon! Though I can’t see there being melon in here, but it’s the first fruit I think of. Is there something citrus going on too?

Overall: Love it! Am not sure whether it’ll be worth getting a big bottle of, but it would make a wonderful, wonderful room scent or definitely a part of a sugar scrub due to the fruit scent. Mmm, sugar scrub. Will probably get a bottle eventually.

Eris - This is a very strange fruity-floral. The fruit provides a sweet aspect to the blend, but there is something sharp, sour, and bitter clashing with the sweet fruit juices. I don’t know what note in the blend is producing that bitter note, but it doesn’t appeal to me at all. I do have to say that this blend is definitely befitting the Goddess of Discord. It doesn’t have much staying power, and I think I’ll pass it on.