Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Northernminx

White Rabbit

Strong black tea and milk with white pepper, ginger, honey and vanilla, spilled over the crisp scent of clean linen.

On wet, I get a heady black tea and a strong pepper spice. After the drydown more of the ginger comes rolling out. I also get that odd sour note I"ve come to expect from BPAL's honey notes. < sigh > I ws hoping it'd smell a lot better on me but the ginger and black tea just make this way too bitter for me. Off to the swap pile.

The White Rabbit and me, we do not like each other. Which makes me sad because the description sounds so utterly perfect! Alas, my skin immediately amps the honey to something cloying and unpleasanat and directly afterwards come the linen & ginger. Something about that combination, esp. with the milk, really doesn't like my skin.

The pepper and black tea have obviously decided to skip this particular party, as they never make an appearance at all. Cheeky buggers.

White Rabbit

In the vial: Fresh, light

On me: Sweet tea scent with linen in the background. I want to smell the pepper, ginger, honey and vanilla!!!! These are some of my favorites! But, the scent is so light on me I can barely review it. :P

edit: the honey emerged, making this sweeter, but I am missing the spice!

This is very strong honeyed tea on me. Eventually the linen comes through and the whole thing starts smelling very British to me. I like it quite a bit at first but after an hour the throw seems stronger than every and I'm over it. I think this will make a better room scent.

I guess it makes sense that I'd find oils I liked most in the Mad Tea Party...because I love the tea :P

White Rabbit has, for me, the strongest tea scent of anything I've sniffed so far. (I have some possibly stronger ones on the way so we'll see how well it stands up). I LOVE it. I can close my eyes and smell a cup of tea with some milk and a bit of sugar. I love the way it smells on my arm.

Like most things on me (I blame my dry skin) there's not much of a throw - but since I work in a scents sensitive office, it's ok that I'm the only one there who can smell me :D

If you like tea scents - this one is for you :D

*sigh* My first wash off perfume, I can't even do a proper full review. In the bottle this smelled lovely, tea and honey, but as soon as it hit my skin it went absolutely awful. There was a burnt corn scent that was clearly a result of an interaction with my skin. Darn!

In the Bottle: I really smell the ginger, and the linen scent. I don't really smell the tea, at all, or the milk.

Wet on skin: I smell the pepper! And the honey!

Drydown: Still no tea, mostly ginger-pepper (picked a pack of... gah) with maybe a trace of honey every other whiff. It's very light on me, after a minute or two, no matter how much I slather on.

Dry on skin: Ahh, there's the tea. Much, much better! Still very faint, and not really at all agressive, but it's there, and it's made the whole scent change to 'Oh! Yes!' from, well, not 'Oh! Yes!'

It isn't my favorite among all favorites, but I can see myself reaching for it with a certain regularity for daily occasions.

I was quite sure I wouldn't like white rabbit, but still I wanted to order an imp of this and I'm glad I did. White Rabbit is really interesting scent and I really like it! It´s spicy and sweet at the same time and I'm glad that vanilla stays in the background 'cause I can't stand it if vanilla is all I smell. I'm not sure yet if I buy a bigger bottle of this, but I will certainly use the imp.

Gosh, I've been slacking on my reviews. This was a most generous gift imp from a forumite (who had to mail it twice to get it to me; dratted international customs) and it has probably been months and months.

I tried it right away, loved it dearly, wore it a bunch in the warm days and just now put a bit on to retry and remember. It still seems to my mind a summertime fragrance.

Very tea and a spot of milk and a white tablecloth: at first it is clear tea and milk (the way I drink it, and something like strong black tea, Assam or Darjeeling, excellent) and a slight honey drizzle.

And then my nose gets carnations (which I would guess, from the scent notes, must be the ginger and pepper or what not--my nose is very very, um, strange.).

It is a fragrance that is really like nothing else I've experienced (Dorian, the other tea scent I've tried, is very different), and brings back summerdays in Kent, looking out my windows of that long ago time into the garden. Lovely.

This was my pick for this afternoon. The weather must've heard my questioning it's logic and so it decided to throw us something resembling summer (: I'm a bit of a ginger fiend in both scent and in my random baking pursuits, so this was a no-brainer as a pick for me. I was hoping that nothing would go weird on my skin, cos that would probably make White Rabbit a heartbreaker!

In the imp, I smell milk and ginger and sweetened (not necessarily by honey) tea, overlaid on something that smells ... clean. The linen?

Wet on skin, I get something floral over the gingery strong sweet milky tea.

Once it's dry, everything mellows out, it's more gingery tea with something creamy holding everything together. I couldn't detect anything that made me think specifically peppery, I've tried a couple of things that mention something honey in them (La Petite Mort, and Dragon's Milk), this doesn't have that same thing that makes me think of honey.

I really really like this. It's petitioning to to be on the top of my must have a bottle of this right now ! list.

[edited - because I can't type]

Edited by Girl Android

To me, White Rabbit smells exactly like I would expect it to based upon the list of its components.

I might relate it to Milk Moon's spicy cousin, the overall essence of White Rabbit is a backdrop of light and airy white linen with a predominance of creamy, sweet milk - spiked with a healthy shot of ginger and mellowed by fresh steaming black tea. I don't specifically notice the honey or vanilla notes, but there is most definitely a sweetness which keeps the milk from going sour. Very nice. And the scent stays even as well is long lasting.

Because of the linen, this feels very much like a Summer fragrance, but here it is rolling up on Thanksgiving and today I'm bundled up in wool socks and an extra sweater as I look out the window and see the last of the Fall leaves flutter off the barren branches...and White Rabbit is a perfectly snuggly and comforting scent to me right now.

I'd rate it a 4/5 :P

I forgot how much the bpal ginger note amps on my skin. I wanted tea + honey from this with a little pepper, but I got ginger + linen only. And I swear I have roses in there somewhere. And it's a little milky, but no tea, or honey.

But... I don't hate it....

Getitoff getitoff getitoff! :D

I tried to love this one, had the highest hopes, but it wasn't meant to be. As awful as it sounds, this is the first oil that has ever triggered the gag reflex upon first sniff. I tried it on my skin anyway, and that wasn't the bestest idea. It smells like rancid milk and acrid ginger underscored with old mildewed blankets. :P I'm thinking the honey is a big contributer here, as I've had some fairly dramatic misses with it so far. *sigh*

This one is going away now, thank you.

On me, this scent is a very well blended, slightly spicy scent as it goes on. It's a bit on the sharp side, but this mellows quickly during the drydown. Knowing the notes, I can find the pepper specifically, but the others are just adding to the "slightly spicy blend" smell... I think I'll keep the imp, but I'll probbably not buy more of this one.

This was a gift from my best friend and enabler, Hillary. On her, the scent became pepper and baby powder, so she handed it off to me, hoping I'd fare better.

In the imp: nice! I smell tea and linen straight off, with perhaps a bit of the pepper. I'm enjoying this so far.

On, wet: Initially, I smell everything: ginger, honey, tea, milk, linen, pepper, everything! It's quite nice.

Drydown: The tea fades fairly quickly, as do the ginger and linen. I'm left with milk and honey with the occasional whiff of a peppery prickle. It's nice, complex and comforting.

Dry: I love it. I smell like milk and honey and the tea makes an occasional entrance, turning it alternately from bedtime to tea party. It's an inordinately comforting scent and I think the white rabbit and I are in love. I've already used half my imp. Often, I'll place a few drops in my locket to preserve the tea scent that I so love.

Overall: quite nice. Perhaps on my list of big bottles, though I'm such a n00b I hate to even make a big bottle list until I've sniffed far and above the very few I've experienced.

In the imp: Very fresh, clean smell. Lovely.

On my skin (wet): I smell mostly linen and tea with a touch of honey. A very pretty, fresh, clean fragrance. One of those nice all-occasion type smells.

On my skin (dry): this dries to a slightly sweeter smell, I definitely smell more of the honey and vanilla. Nothing is cloying or play-doughish, it is just soft and fabulous.

Verdict: This is a complex, pretty, wonderful scent that I really enjoyed. Must have big bottle!

Edited by talula_fairie

In the bottle:Fresh lemon juice spilled on just washed linens.

Wet:Strong,astringent lemon tea spilled on just washed linens.

Dry:The white pepper comes out to battle with the lemon.Still loads of fresh linen with a hint of a very proper tea smell.

I expected it to be more like creamy lemon tea but this is strong and citrusy.Might be better for a male.

I got this imp free with my last order.

The first time I opened up the imp I was hit hard with pepper and ginger. Strong enough to cause me to gag.

I went back to it a week later, opened it.. and smelled neither of those things. The imp might as well have been filled with strong tea, as that was the only scent coming through.

Wet it was the same, as if I'd spilled tea on myself.

It dried down to the same tea scent, but with a touch of honey and milk. Mostly still the tea scent. I loved it. It was very relaxing and nice smelling.

I didn't think I'd like this one at all, it's one I would never have thought to order on my own. I'm glad I got to try it, it's become one of my favorites.

In the imp: nothing? Maybe a faint bit of tea and pepper.

Wet: The pepper scared me for a second, because that was all I could smell. Then it went down to... citrus? Must be the tea and ginger. The vanilla and milk are MIA. This is a very fresh scent. Can definately smell the pepper in the throw, but I swear it smells like a citrus. Very bright.

Dry: Oh. There's the milk. Um... It smells... sour. Fortunately it's only there about one of every twenty or so sniffs. If it gets any more prominent, I might have to wash this one off. At the moment, it's peppery gingery tea and occasionally milk. Still no vanilla.

I ended up having to wash this one off because the milk smell was nauseating me. Pity. I'll probably have to add milk to my avoid list.

imp: tea and somethin' else...

skin: tea. i am a teapot. some ginger creeps up. (probably the 'somethin' else' i was smelling in the imp)

i don't really like it...but i'm going to save it.

First Impression: Sweet tea with grapefruit.

Dries down to: A nauseating, sour, plastic note emerges, almost immediately, and overtakes everything.

Additional Comments: I should have expected that honey would be a problem but sometimes I get lucky and I was hopeful that this combo of notes would keep it in check. This one could have gone either way on me and, unfortunately, it went very bad.

Lasted: Way too long.

Rating: 1 out of 5

Oh, White Rabbit... how have I neglected to review you for so long?

White Rabbit is what fresh laundry in Tea Lovers' Heaven would smell like. (Possibly that is the worst analogy I have ever made.)

In the vial: I smell a faint light floral accenting the milky sweet tea that is the base of this blend... and yes, clean linen.

On skin: Everything blends together, and if you know what notes are in it you can pick it apart... but why, when it's so gorgeous? The feel ofWhite Rabbit is somehow both translucent and milky at once.

It never ceases to amaze me how White Rabbit can be both slightly foody and yet clean. I mean... aren't you usually laundering things to get food out of your clothes? It just doesn't compute.... and yet it works. This is the majesty of Beth's genius, I suppose. :P

Definitely in my top 5; when I'm able I'll get a bottle.

Edited by dorothy humbird

I smell tea, honey, and ginger. I bet this would be nice and comforting when you're sick (provided your nose is working). I also smell something akin to Honey Nut Cheerios. Even though this is a honey scent, it's not fading to nothing! Miracles do happen.

I can't believe I hadn't reviewed this yet, since it was one of the first bottles I got when I first discovered BPAL, but then I traded it away and just re-ordered it for myself so I'd have a bottle of every blend with a honey note. :P

Anyway, this is a clean, light scent. I get ginger and vanilla, with the softest touch of tea and milk. The linen note is so soft and wispy that it only comes through occasionally.

This blend is very delicate and comforting, like curling up with your mother in a crocheted / knitted afghan.