Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Sweet brandy, dark rum, heavy cream, sugar, and a dash of nutmeg.

Egg Nog is one of my favourite oils so far, and not just from the Yule blends! It's sweet, creamy and unobtrusive. A very subtle and gorgeous vanilla with a hint of spiciness and warmth from the rum. I'm sooo happy I have another bottle of this coming to me soon. :P

oooooh lovely - I smell like a creamy sweet custard. smooth, slightly spiced. this is really warm and cosy. I think I'll try it after a bath with lush's sympathy for the skin, and I shall be a cosy, sweet, sweet thing.

I do wish the boozey scent had hung around longer though, maybe I should try it with my scent locket to see if that booziness will stay a while.

In the bottle: Finally got my hands on this little imp through a swap. Now let's see if it's everything I've hoped it would be. Yum. Oh, yes, that's brandy and rum with cream and sugar. I'm not getting the nutmeg as strongly as the others but it seems to waft in and out of the background. Goodness, that smells so good. I just want to drink it. I won't, but I want to. :D

Wet: Mostly boozey on my skin but the throw is just like eggnog. It is a thick and very creamy scent that lingers heavily around me. It is sweet and the cream seems to work better on me than the milk notes thankfully.

Dry down: Nutmeg very much on the skin now, and the throw has faded very quickly, which makes me sad. Of course I'm not sure how much I really want to smell like eggnog. I mostly wanted this imp so I could smell eggnog all year long. This will be a great room scent. It almost makes me want to buy some of those eggnog tarts I spotted the other day. Nutmeg and slight booze notes.

Dry: On me this turns into a very light nutmeg and booze scent on the skin. The throw is almost gone, but it's just perfect eggnog heaven when I do catch a whiff of it. I'm thinking that it will probably stay much truer if I use it as a room scent and burn it in my oil burner. Despite the fact that this is not a good perfume scent for me, I love it so much. I don't think I need to try and get my hands on a bottle, but I will love my imp. :P

i got an imp of this in swap and i'm very glad i did!

in the imp it smells, as others have said, *just* like egg nog. i don't get a ton of boozyness, but that's ok by me.

it goes on very, very creamy vanilla. my skin tends to amp up cinnamon, but there doesn't seem to be any here- yay! a hint of spice, but mostly sweet vanilla. after about 10 min i start getting tiny whiffs of play-doh- not good! after another 10 min, tho, egg nog and its evil play doh twin are mostly gone. if i put my nose near my wrist i get some sweet vanilla, but thats it.

overall: i like egg nog quite a bit- i think i'll mostly use it for layering, however, in the hopes that its effects will be more noticable.

In the bottle this smelled DEAD ON. I had a bottle of egg nog on hand and sniffed both--yeap! This was EGG NOG! But on my skin it turned to creamy Play Doh =( I suspect it was the rum that went nasty on me.

mmmm, this is what I wanted sugar cookie to be (to me sugar cookie smelled horrible, which is so weird as everyone else said it smelled just like a sugar cookie, and I LOVE those! oh well.)! creamy, vanilla-y, luscious, yummy baked goods with a teens of rum. a very very good holiday blend.

my boyfriend told me I smelled like a cake. and "vanilla cream soda". all good things (to my mind).

After a creamy-booze rush in the bottle, I get a creamy-vanilla on my skin. Unfortunately, it very quickly develops a very synthetic undertone on me, much the same way the original Jack did. Not a keeper for me, alas.

at first: i can really smell the rum. the brandy, nutmeg, cream, and sugar are underneath it. definitely smooth and creamy.

on: a bit sweet, but milky, too.

half an hour later: i'm mostly smelling nutmeg.

1.5 hours later: still sweet and nutmeg-y.

2 hours later: sweeter than before.

overall: this is ok, but i don't think i'd wear it.

Never tried real eggnog before. It's not in our cultural tradition. :D Eggnog smells JUST like Vanilla frosting. The kind that comes in a tin, with the white tennis tube cap, that people put out on tables for frost-your-own-cookie days at the university center. I am awaiting arrival of my 5mL from a swapper. Paired with Gingerbread Poppet, it gives me a gingerbread house :P

Note ~ From the wonderful Gin's sale!

Vial ~ Strawberry cream lip gloss.

Wet ~ Creamy mint that briefly brought back the strawberry note. Wow. This smells like cotton candy on me.

Drying ~ Still fluctuates between a light mint and a super-sticky cotton candy. Sine my main experience has been with Silk Nog, I'm starting to wonder if I remember what egg nog is actually supposed to smell like?

Drydown ~ Cotton candy with bakery spices. (I've gone mad, I tell you!)

Dry ~ Wow, this has faded a lot. It's beginning to smell a little more like I remember egg nog smelling, though.

Fade ~ Huh. This fades into a dusty marzipan. Weird.

Final thoughts ~ Highly okay, but I was expecting more creamy spice than candy. If I were a bigger fan of the Creamy Candy / Candy Fluff / Rockstar line of Lush products, I'd be all over this oil.

In the bottle this smells to me very creamy, with quite heavy butterscotch undertones, and yes, the booze notes beneath that. On my skin, the booze fades very quickly, and a stronger vanilla scent comes out.

After a while this does take on a "plasticy" synthetic smell, but it reminds me of playing with my plastic toys when I was younger, so its not a smell Ifind unpleasant at all.

It might just be me, but I didnt smell too huge a difference betwen this and my single note vanilla - I might just have amped up the vanilla in the egg nog I guess!

I like egg nog, its quite light, but also rich at the same time...I managed to aquire a bottle, so Im very happy!

EDIT: my bottle is much much creamier than my imp, and is truly gorgeous!! One of my very favourites!

Edited by purely_cosmetic

Preconceived notions - I love Egg Nog! I love Egg Nog lattes at Starbucks and I love Egg Nog candles. I bought a big bottle of this off of eBay, unsniffed, because I just knew I would love it.

In the bottle - mmmm….delicious! Creamy vanilla, rum, nutmeg...it's absolutely perfect!

Wet - rum, nutmeg and....play-doh!

Dry - even two hours later the scent of play-doh is overwhelming. I am so disappointed!

On the wickedgoddess scale of 1 to 5 (with 5 being best) this rates a 2.

Thanks to Eoywin for the decant!

First sniff: Oh. My. Gods. Butter, booze and spice. Nutmeg, especially. All wrapped up in warm cosiness.

Wearing: Warm and enveloping and comforting. This is a happy scent, and I needed a happy scent the day I wore it.

Eggnog was one of the few Yule LE's I did not get, thinking that it would be too similar to Hellcat. Plus, I had already fallen madly in love with Gingerbread Poppet and I thought that one holiday foody scent was enough. It is my lovely friend and fellow forumite Chin who gave me an imp of Eggnog.

All I can say is that in the first stages, Eggnog is dead on. It has everything: rum, spices, cream, sugar, ... mmmh! :D

Admittedly, it is really, really sweet, but what else can one expect? This is eggnog, not Perrier with a zest of lemon, right? :D

It is only after one or two hours that the rum note loses its edge and the powderiness others mentioned starts coming through. Now this smells more like the non alcoholic eggnog you can buy in the dairy section at the supermarket. It is still delicious and terribly fun.

I have not worn Eggnog a lot as it is a very playful and season-specific blend, but I sure did enjoy it a lot. If it comes back this year, I may well get a bottle: it would be terrific for holiday crafts.

Highly recommended to anyone who likes eggnog and sweet foody scents :P

It's a shame, something like this should be lickable, but because its perfume oil you don't want to do that so I didn't. I was tempted.

Preconceptions: I'm the type of person who's relationship with Eggnog is "one carton for me, one carton for everyone else."

Bottle sniff: YUM.

Wet: Sweet, foody. Delicious.

Drydown: I feel out of season but otherwise I like it.

Color associations: Golden creamy yummy eggnog color.

Verdict: Great for the room, a dab for me, but would pick a more holiday neutral scent for crafting - not everyone shares my eggnog love. :P Keep 'n store to use this holiday season, buy if it comes out again.

Bottle (Imp): It smells like it's name. Not a really sweet egg nog though. It's nice.

Just On: Stays true, egg nog, a hint of booziness.

An hour or two later: It's pretty faded, but I can still smell egg nog, although it smells like it's in the plastic jug, and I can smell that just a little tiny bit as well.

Around 6 hours: Wow, this went away quickly for me, so I'll have to try it again.

12 hours: It's gone, gone, gone. I'd like to have this one stick around, as I rather liked it.

Overall: This is one to try again.

After reading other reviews: Apparently I'm not the only one who has the problem with it fading too quickly. Other than that, I like it, and will use it. I'm not one to wear scents based on the season it is, more like I pick out what I'm in the mood for at the time, and go with that. I can see wearing this to go out for the evening, maybe for dinner, as it fades fairly fast, and I don't have to worry about it staying too strong for later. I wonder if it would work layered. I'm glad I didn't get playdoh out of this, I might have cried.

Definitely one of the best yule scents. It smells like creamy, nutmeg richness on me and it makes me crave a cold glass of egg nog. The wet smell has a sharper, more sugary spicey hint to it, but on the drydown it comes out smooth and buttery. Like fresh baked....yumminess.

A+ for egg nog! :P

Next to Midwinter's Eve, this is my favorite LE. It smells so good that I want to drink it straight out of the bottle.

Confession: I have never tasted or smelled actual egg nog before :P.

That said, this is a wonderful creamy eggy vanilla scent with a dash of spicy nutmeg (thankfully I don't get any booziness - I hate booziness). It is a very warming fragrance and it's very light. It only smells strongly for about 2 hours before it fades into a light barely there scent. And even the 2 strong hours are pretty subtle.

This is my favorite scent to wear when I'm spending an afternoon cuddling with my significant other. It's subtle and sweet, perfect for when you have someone cuddling with you and nuzzling your neck :D

I was in love with this from the moment I sniffed the imp! :P

It's the perfect velvety, custardy sweet vanilla I've been looking for. I get a little rum in the background, not so much of the spices - mainly just sugary vanilla custard with that tiny 'kick'.

My only regret is that it wasn't super-long-lasting, but it was great while it stuck around!!

In the vial, It's perfect: I can smell the egg nog, and the separate nutmeg. On my skin, the dark rum turns into the heavy vanilla scent my mother used to use in our vacuum, with a dash of rum. Warms and softens as it dries--lighter vanilla by the end.

In Bottle: Egg nog… simple

On Skin: Sweet and creamy. I don’t like to drink egg nog, but this smells so delicious. The cream and sugar are most obvious, but the deep brandy and rum darken it and make it almost drinkable. The nutmeg stands out and gives a nice complementing spice. Very foody and sweet.

Wet/in the vial:

:D ooooooohhhh could this be what I've been waiting for all my life? It's creamy, warm, and sugary sweet. Oh how I love it.

After three minutes:

:P why why why??!!! PLAY DOH! My roommate confirmed this. I asked, "What does this smell like to you?" He said, "Oh it's play doh, exactly."

$#@^%$&%*^*&&%$##!

My Impression: Well it is true to its description with the exception of the play-doh. I believe after the drydown it disappears. I think the play-doh smell I got while it was still wet was almonds. I agree with previous reviews about its yummyiness, but I found that the scent fades rather quickly. I wish it had more staying power or umph. All in all great scent for candles or tarts, but it doesnt last long enough on me.

I was a touch worried about this as Spooky had similar components and went all wonky on me. Egg Nog definitely started out creamier on me, which also made me panic because Milk Moon didn't like me much either. The rum kept it from getting too weird for a while, but then it just kind of turned bitter and rubbery. :P

such a dissappointment....i so expected a wholehearted "hood egg nog" scent from this but it turned out to be so insanely faint..... :P

i barely get a touch of nutmeg and rum..... :D

disappears all too quickly.....

HOWEVER, i decided to do a dab of gluttony and eggnog as a combo scent,

if you will, and OMFG...i will be the belle of the ball when the cooler months set in....i have no idea what happened but everything is so well blended....the gluttony turns out much more mellow than if worn alone..... :D

i am a genius!! :D

'cept now i need a big ol' bottle o' gluttony to mix with my eggnog...

hey.....things could be worse

i'll be keeping eggnog and experimenting more with her :D