Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Belladonnastrap

Gingerbread Invisible Man

I got this because the notes are reminiscent of one of my favorite alcoholic drinks (Canton ginger, courvoisier, cointreau, candied ginger rim, lemon). It doesn't quite smell like the drink (in fact, the drink doesn't smell like much at all, but the ginger and then the alcohol sucker punches you after about three sips), but it's interesting!

In the bottle, I smell the gingerbread, and fizzy champagne that is very high-pitched and the scent hits way up in the top of my nose.

On my skin, there's no gingerbread - it's fizzy, doughy, lemon and sugar. Lemon cookies, but fresh from the champagne rather than gourmand or spiced from the ginger.

Edited by marared

This is exactly what I was hoping for! 

Bright lemony champagne, sweet crispy gingerbread.   It’s absolutely perfect, a combination of some of my favorite notes.    The lab’s champagne note always smells fizzy and just a tiny bit lemony to me, and this is emphasized and noticeable in the bottle.   On my skin, the gingerbread starts to come out, not fresh ginger, definitely gingerbread cookies.  The blend is really lovely, and as the champagne fades away over time, sweet gingerbread cookies are still noticeable for much longer.   

You're sitting outside on a sunny day, drinking ice cold Canada Dry ginger ale with half a lemon mashed in the glass. Between fizzy sips, you're snacking on iced lemon cookies. 

From the bottle, Gingerbread Invisible Man smells like sharp lemon and sugar syrup, with a somewhat yeasty edge. On the skin, it is crisp and bubbly with a tickle of ginger spice. It would smell clean were these sparkling qualities not grounded and warmed by the cookie scent. After a few hours, I catch wafting trails of warm ginger-lemon cookie. It doesn't necessarily read as food, but it does smell delicious.

Edited by wordortwo

When you have a note that you don't dislike, but you don't think it will ever do much for you -- and then one perfume changes your mind? That was me with champagne, until Champagne and Maraschino Cherries grew on me last year. Pair champagne with these cherries, and suddenly the moment is all sweet Happy Hour cocktails and off-work joy. 🥂

This looked like another playful champagne take, so I had to give it a try. I'm pleased that I did, because while it doesn't evoke the same feeling, it's still quirky, fresh, and joyful.

Invisible Man is a spring-time champagne frolic. It's sunny and bright alone, and transformed into a lemon-ginger creaminess next to Ghost Milk. This one will almost certainly join the bottle-hood.

Wow ginger ale fizz! Fascinating! Wish it lasted longer, but that first whiff is just delightful! Wet and spicy. Spot on and super festive.

Hoooooo!  That's some champagne!  Very tart, probably extra so from the lemon.  The gingerbread part of this smells kinda stale to me.  Still, I've not come across many BPAL blends that cause my mouth to pucker.  The gingerbread is kinda secondary for me here, and I'm not sure this one is loving my chemistry, but if you like tart notes, this one delivers.  

The gingerbread...  It's invisible!!

I don't get the bready, molasses-y, lasts-forever-y gingerbread that I experienced with Gingerbread Zombie here.  Instead, I get a fizzy lemon-ginger concoction.

It's a nice smell in its own right, but where the f*** is my gingerbread?

This smells like a delicious holiday champagne cocktail. Like a French 75 with a bit of Yule? Yum. I don’t typically enjoy citrus on my skin, but this is somehow a surprise hit for me. If you want that gingerbread note, I agree with the reviews above, it’s not as much as gingerbread leather or the gingerbread witch. This is just a bit and it’s in perfect balance with the other notes to frankly make a really nice overall scent! I did upgrade to a bottle,  it’s just so evocative of the festivities we all most likely missed out on this Yule season. 

In the bottle: Really nice champagne accord, with hints of fresh ginger ale. The lemon and sugar pop nicely also. On, wet: The actual gingerbread note starts to come out to play a little, along with a bit of that sharp candied ginger ping, but still more of a 'sweet cocktail" than a "sweet cookie." Drydown: Getting more of a fizzy lemon sugar cookie thing, with only a bit of ginger left. Fades fast alas but lots of fun. Seems to last a lot longer in my locket than on my skin--I'm wearing a locket with Ghost Milk and IGM in the locket as well as on my skin; interesting contrast! If you want a fresh gingerale smelly than this is for you.

I love the lab's champagne note, so this was one of the Yules I was most excited about!

On wet, the champagne is definitely the star, but it's also got that chewy dark ginger spice to it, like a really good ginger beer with lots of ginger in it. This smells like an amazing champagne cocktail made with ginger beer and lemonade, and I'd definitely drink it.

I'm actually pleased the gingerbread takes a back seat to the champagne, and I think I'd layer with Gingerbread Poppet if I felt like I wanted to amp the gingerbread here. This scent isn't overly gourmand or sweet, it's more fizzy and spicy and tart.

Super festive, although it didn't have a ton of throw or lasting power on me. I find the champagne scents in general stick pretty close to the skin and this one was no exception.

So I have a different take on this. This smells like a candy from a 90s/2000s Sanrio store candy. The ginger doesn't smell spicy to me. It's kind of just there in the back. This smells soapy on my skin probably the Champagne. Imagine a lemon loaf soap from Bath and Body Works and then a gingerbread cookie fell into the bottle haha.   

Complexity 2/5 

Nostalgia 5/5 

Uniqueness 2/5 

Lasting power 4/5 

Overall 3/5.  Soapy lemon candy that pulls my child nostalgia HARD. 

Edited by daddy420

I usually avoid the champagne note, but the 15 minutes of fume was so positive on this scent that I had to get samples of all the GB monsters, and sure enough, this is really fun.  It's sparkling and fizzy and struck me as very much like ginger beer.  Effervescent, kind of nose-tickling.  I'm not actually getting much lemon, but the overall effect is festive.  Bright gingery champagne. 

Wet, this smells just like ginger ale instead of champagne. I am not getting any of the other notes at all besides some of the sugar and candied ginger, this might as well be a ginger ale single note on my skin. But I'm not complaining, it's pretty good actually! 

A little disappointed about the lack of the gingerbread and other notes, but this is a fun scent. I've been wanting a ginger ale scent for a few months and this is the perfect one for me!

It's bright and effervescent and billowing! As other reviews have said, it's a fizzy twinkly ginger ale and champagne - I don't really get gingerbread, so much as happy excited ginger sparkles! The sugar adds sweetness, and it makes me think of New Year's Eve parties and drinks and celebrations. Huge throw on me, though it did fade quickly.

Fizzy ginger ale and a whiff of all spice. This smells like ginger ale to me. With baking spices. Medium throw and wear length.

Home run! I usually love the Gingerbread series but was hesitant about this for some reason. I don't really know why - but I just got a partial bottle and any fears I may have had are gone. The champagne, gingerbread, and lemon are all there and delightful. The sugar is light but giving it a slight (slight!) cookie undertone. I am obsessed. This is going to be a really nice spring/summer Gingerbread blend. 

Edited by frizzlechicken

Lemony ginger beer. This is shockingly perfect for a very hot day!

There's something here also that taps into a scent memory of scented stickers (in a fantastic, nostalgic way)... I found this in The Butterfly as well, and that makes me wonder if there's a common "effervescence" note in both. 

Welp, I had put this one into my swaps pile automatically, but I'm pulling it right back off; this one is mine, all mine mwah ha ha ha!

Not much to add, it's champagne, it's ginger ale, it's sweet gingerbread underneath (slightly). White sugar not cloying or plastic, lemon not cleaner or verbena/lemon balm. It's bright and festive.

A favorite champagne Lab blend, will use up my decant!