Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

A Cozy Sweater and an Apple Cider

I am in heaven...this is ssssoooo nice and cozy. :angel:

Sniffing from the bottle I get more of the notes that comprise sweater which I'm having a hard time placing but it is a very clean comforting sophisticated smell. Certainly a freshly washed sweater. Something about this sweater profile reminds me of Wax Cylinders, but a note that is not listed. :think:

Once on the skin the apple cider comes out more and adds warms to the blend. To me neither aspect dominates the other, it just becomes a very gorgeous autumnal blend. I will cherish this!!!! :heart:

This was faint at first, but the scent is stronger after a day or so of rest, so I'm sure it will only get better! It's that same cozy, fuzzy fabric note as in Cozy Pumpkin Sweater and Cafe Au Lait and a Wool Blanket, but paired with golden, delicately spiced apple cider. Low-ish throw, smells elegant, and probably wouldn't offend people in a work setting. If anyone asked, you could just pretend you have really fabulous detergent. :D

When I first put this on, it was all laundry detergent which, like... Isn't bad but definitely wasn't what I was going for. Thankfully, the strong detergent smell settles quickly on the skin into more a freshly cleaned fluffy sweater. The apple comes out more, too, although the sweater still dominates on me as it has in other blends. I'm getting the sliiiiggtest spice, but was kind of hoping this cider would have a bit more spice to it.

This sweater doesn't remind me too much of Cozy Pumpkin Sweater or Cafe au Lait and a Wool Blanket, but I remember not really liking either of those until they'd aged about a month so maybe they seem disimilar because this one is so new. I do like this one fresh, but hoping it gets even better as it ages like those other two did! 

All in all, a clean and fresh laundry scent with a splash of apple and low throw. 

Edit: the longer this sits on the skin, the more balanced it's becoming and the warmer and cozier it gets. Yep, this one's gonna be great!

Edited by deadlyves

Freshly applied and still wet: holy apple cider, Batman! A real, juicy apple with a hefty shot of cinnamon and spice. 

Five minutes later: it goes high end cider candle on me — ever so slightly waxy and very strong on the spice 

Fifteen minutes later: apple is nowhere to be seen, the spices are the barest whiff, and it’s a beautiful soft wooly musk. Very comforting, and very different from anything else in my collection. 

Edit: a couple of hours in and the cider came back, but faintly, like I spilled a bit on the cuff of my sweater and didn’t notice. Soft and beautiful but VERY close to the skin on me. 

My skin tends to amp sweet and eats perfume oils so it wears very close to the skin. I think I’m going to really love this, even though it shifts like crazy on me! 

Edited by Chanteuse87

I really wasn't sure I was going to like this, but the concept of it was lovely, so I gave it a shot and...

It's not working for me.  I get a very nice clean laundry smell (not laundry detergent or that fake "clean linen" scent you smell in candles and bathroom sprays) that slowly, slowly lets through more and more apple cider until it's probably 85% sweater / 15% apple cider.  The cider is really nice and would have made a nice single note.  Ultimately, though, this, as it stands, just isn't my style.

A Cozy Apple and an Apple Cider is very much the Weenie counterpart to You are Not Alone from the Lilith update. There's the freshly laundered sweater note (the hoodie note is the same from You are Not Alone), but instead of a dribble of lavender and paperback pages, you get just a touch of apple cider. 

The good news? If you have sensitive skin, there is so little spiced apple cider here that it shouldn't be an issue (the same cannot be said of Single Note: Apple Cider, which did burn my skin and ended up getting gifted to a friend that adores spice scents).

The bad news? I was really hoping for more apple cider than just a dribble! But maybe it will come out more with age, so I'm going to set it aside and find out. At the moment, it smells a lot cleaner than I expected it to be, though.