Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

A Vision of the Courtesan

This is so so so yum.

The rice milk is the star here, and it reminds me really of a True Horchata. Not that fake extrait that smells like a cinnabomb. The real deal. OMG. I was so happy and kept sniffing and never ever did this go cinnabomb and spice isnt listed but i smelled spice, the nicest light spice. The tobacco isnt the star here, its a supporting player just adding a rich depth to the rice milk. Maybe the frank is the spice. I asked starbrow to sniff it cause it was so lovely and she immediately went and got the only bottle. 🤣It really is nice and sort of puts the NAVA rice milk blends out to pasture. Its not unisex but its not feminine or masculine. its defying category for me. Its yummy but not gourmand, its spicey but not oriental, its .... well, it is Magic.

Did you read that?

Once more for those in the back....

Magic.

Simple perfection. Three notes that braid together exquisitely into a gorgeous plait, one that was instant love for me. Imagine the softest, prettiest tobacco leaf picked when it was just budding, with just a hint of spiced smokiness, combined with the warm comfort of sweet rice milk and the calm tranquility of frankincense. It's so classically Shunga, and exactly what I hope for in a Shunga blend, yet somehow the sum of the parts is so much greater than the individual notes might belie. 

A Vision's throw is intimate, as you might expect, but up close it has beautiful presence and is incredibly soothing. Not quite foody, smoky, or incensey, but the perfect Venn diagram center of those three categories. I will wax more poetic about it as it ages, I'm sure, but fresh, it's the standout of all the Lupers I've tried so far. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous. 

I don't have anything to add except that I love this perfume.  As they said--this is gorgeous.  I blind-bottled this hoping it would have the same tobacco leaf as Ante Luciferum Genus, and if it isn't it, it's very similar.

Mmmm sweet, creamy, just a touch of spice and smoke. Like drinking a delicious warm, creamy beverage while burning incense. So calming and pretty, I love it!

This one is gonna be popular.  It's really gorgeous.  Smooth and gentle, but still manages to have depth and presence, which seems quite appropriate for a courtesan.  I get equal parts creamy rice milk and frankincense up front, with the frankincense having almost a lemony edge at first.  I don't get much tobacco, but after this has been on a while - going on 5 hours now - I'm starting to get a rich, but dry vanilla note. Perhaps part of the tobacco?  It reminds me of something in Edith Cushing and Pediophobia, though the overall fragrance is quite different.  Anyway, this is beautiful, and I will be needing moar.  :yum:

Ugh this is going to age so well!

At first sniff for this, I get deep, rich, reddishy tobacco - juicy, sweet, cherryish, and almond-like, and chewy. SO CHEWY.

As it dries, the rice milk starts to shine, adding a delicately pale note.

I think the frankincense comes out more too, with a hint of powder.

In final form, everything combines into a kind of different, but very lovely blend. Rich juicy tobacco and warm incense, with subdued smoky notes, and a creamy rice porridge-y quality. :)

Gotta get me a full bottle! :o