Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
kikithepirate

Tiki Princess V3

SUPER fruity! Sweet, juicy pineapple and, to my nose, mango! I also pick up some grenadine and definitely a bit of alcohol -- a light rum, probably? When this dries down, I can actually pick up a very sweet flower. Maybe sweet pea, or some other heady, tropical flower? It's very feminine, but also very fun.

Edited by kikithepirate

Delicious, sweet, tropical fruit and berries, decent throw and longevity; definitely some tropical notes like gauva, papaya, maybe pineapple - and I think a raspberry note (almost boozy, like Chambord raspberry liqueur), and I agree with the grenadine assessment. The berries don't go artificial or plastic on me, amazingly! There could be a light, sweet, fruity-toned floral here, such as plumeria or pikaki, but it's definitely in the background with the fruits dominating. I think I get the same lemon blossom from Tiki King and The Zieba Tree. Definitely sweet-tart and totally Tiki/tropical in theme - just gorgeous. I also get a musky-creamy backdrop that strengthens this scent overall and adds a sweet, sexy richnesss - maybe amyris a musky mysore sandalwood and a little vanilla?

Edited by fairnymph

From the bottle, this was like a shot of pineapple juice, straight up I take that part back because I mixed it up with AGLAV1 - this one was fruity, I had in my notes 'licorice' too (not the black kind.. like one of those novelty fruity ones). I was pleasantly surprised it wasn't like Tiki Queen or King - definitely not a love child of the 2 :lol: But alas, it was one of the scents that sold out before my number came around.

Edited by Midnight Aeval

I was surprised by this one- I didn't expect to want to get it, but, well.... It's definitely in line with the Tiki Bar part of the Luau Lounge, rather than the Flotsam and Jetsam portion. With Tiki Queen being more on the floral side, I totally expected her li'l Princess to be likewise. But nope.

I totally get the grenadine reference above, but also a bit of cherry syrup, with the slightest hint of something green. Smells like it'd taste delicious and refreshing!

Opening the bottle and sniffing it, my immediate reaction was . . . Starburst! It smells like Starburst candies. XD On my skin, it doesn't morph much, but it starts out with a slightly fake/candy fruit smell before it soon calms down into a much more realistic, rich fruit smell. It starts off Starburst and then turns into the actual fruit. I'm really bad at picking out specific fruit notes, sadly. There is some green note in the back that comes more to the forefront as the blend dries, something that tempers the extreme sweetness it starts off with. Someone mentioned an alcohol note, and I wouldn't have thought "booze" smelling this one, but now that I see it mentioned, I can detect it. There is something more adult and sharp that emerges from this blend after it's on for a while.

I was worried my skin would eat it up, but it didn't, this actually has decent throw and longevity on me. In fact, it starts off strong enough to be slightly offputting until it settles.

This is very nice (better than I thought it'd be after sniffing the bottle), but I'm not sure it's for me.

Tiki Princess v3 - I totally agree with the Starburst assessment above. This smells like a big bowl of tropical Starburst candy chews. It's super tropical, sweet, and sticky, and there's nothing about it that I can pin down as a particular scent because it's all so syrupy-sweet and artificial-smelling. It also does something that fruit notes never do by themselves, which is take on a horrible dusty quality on my skin. The sweetness of it and the dustiness of it reminds me a lot of the blends that have a sweet fake cherry and/or bubblegum note in them. I really, really love the way tropical candy sweetness of this scent when it's wet and fresh. It's so bright and girly, but the way it turns on me is pretty bad. Even after it turns, I can still smell the fruitiness beneath the dust note of doom, so I know it's not the fruit that's turning, it's some other note that's sweetening up the whole thing. Bummer... but good thing I can still wear it in a scent locket! :D Edited by Edens Sixth Day

very bright, very fresh. i get a fake watermelon type note, and a blast of cherry. something in it verges on sour but stays just on this side of it. i don't normally associate color with scent but this is PINK.

Wow - gorgeous, lovely tropical fruits with a hint of tropical flowers but not to the point where it becomes a floral blend.

This one's full of sunshine and happiness - just like a big bowl of fresh fruit on a summer's day. So very very pretty, and the fruits are very natural smelling.. I get the Starburst reference, but for me Tiki Princess V3 never quite goes into candy territory - it is sweet, yes, but not artificially so. Delicious!

ETA - thanks to the lovely bookandbroom for sending me this tester! :wub2:

Edited by sunshinedaisybliss

I would drink this if I could. :yum: It smells like a rich, sweet, berry drink. I see where the starburst reference comes from. This is delicious however...I would prefer it in an alcoholic drink to actually wearing it.

Super-fruity. No coconut that I can smell (like the released version); instead, this seems like bright red fruits. Sweet with a bit tart edge to it. Beautiful!

Edenssixthscent was awesome enough to include a sniffie of this in my Tiki Lounge decant circle order. Thanks so much!

In imp: WHOA fruity, pineapple and maybe something else - I'm terrible at picking out fruit, and I'm not a pineapple fan, but here it's really nice. Juicy and strong, the opposite of the final version, which I just finished testing. My main issue with Tiki Princess is the weakness of the scent, but this is sweet and fruity - I just closed the imp to write my impressions down and I'm still smelling it!

Wet: Fruity to the point of being medicinal, but not in a bad way, in the way I like, that decadent opium sort of way.

Drying: Now it's reminding me of something - margaritas, I think, mostly. Fruity with a little bit of a punch, I'm tempted to say there's something boozy under all that fruit.

Dry: Pretty much the same. Fruity and punchy and very, very different from the finished product. I like it! While I never would have gone for it ordinarily, I certainly won't turn down a decant if it flies my way.

Edited by Whisperstilled

I got my sniffie from Edens Sixth Day, too! <3

I expected Tiki Princess v3 to be similar to the released version, because I've never read the reviews. [insert buzzer noise here.]

It's a bright, bright red smell, like maraschino cherry juice. I can't pick anything out, because it's so fruity, and I'm bad with anything beyond generalizations when it comes to stuff like this, but it's like a super-bright cherry or maybe strawberry on me. Sweet like fruit punch, with a lot of throw.

After roughly half an hour it gets the Strawberry Shortcake edge, though. Boo.

Fruity pineapple on wet, hint of light rum, and then it dries to an odd fruity floral. I think it has a shot of sweet pea in there and a dash of maraschino cherry.

I really like the released Tiki Princess; it's all spicy floral and frosty coconut love. I'm really glad that Tiki Princess v3 wasn't the released version, because this isn't as unique and just falls into a blah fruity-citrus scent on me. I don't get any coconut from it at all (booo).

In the bottle and on my skin, it smells like a mishmash of different fruity perfume scents, heavy on a sharp/clean citrus note. It dries down to something of a berry lemonade with a very tart citrus note. I think that there's grapefruit in this, because I'm getting a bitter/funky-sweaty smell that some grapefruit notes turn to on me.

I don't like these sort of vague fruity blends or the sharp citrus in this one.

Edited by Little Bird

Very juicy and fruity in the imp-sort of like candy/fruity gum. Red and EXTREMELY juicy. Definitely some candy cherry in there.

Ok, on my skin I definitely get some kind of tropical floral in there-the kind with big waxy leaves-that's the note i smell up close-from far away its sweet candy fruitsplosion, like a mash up of different starburts flavors. Ugh, I wish I could recognize the floral in this-its on, like, the tip of my tongue. I'm surprised others haven't mentioned it. This is not just fruit to me.

This was a fun blend, but the mix of candy fruity and whatever floral that was just didn't quite go together for me.

Smelling this is like biting into a juicy red Sour Patch Kid. It's tropical fruit candy drizzled with grenadine syrup and citric acid. Super tart and juicy. There is a strange "green" note that smells familiar but I can't place it. I'm glad I got to try this but since there is no coconut, I don't feel the need to hunt a bottle down.

First application, I get lotus and/or lotus blossom (the bubblegum), very pink feeling with a bit fo coconut. Instead of being like a cold drink like the released version, this is warm skin that has been sunning all day. Warm vanilla on me (or maybe tonka, it was a deeper vanilla, that is for sure) with maybe a hint of amber or really smooth, lush sandalwood. It ends up being on me like a lush, exotic coconuty floral lotion that is made in some exotic locale.

On me, this smells like sweet syrup, rum and a bright, fresh, tart tropical fruit salad (I get pineapple, starfruit, maraschino cherries, berries, maybe melon and a hint of coconut?). I love the fruits in here, but over time they start smelling artificial and too tart for my tastes. I wouldn't mind the fruits turning on me, but sadly the overall blend is too boozey for me. :(

Juicy, delicious fruit! It's sort of candy like, and there is a hint of booze. I'm pretty sure there is mango and pineapple in this, possibly also coconut. It gets a tiny bit more boozy as it dries down on my skin. This is a wonderful summer scent. Love it.

:wub2: A lot like Tiki Queen. I like this much more than the released version of Tiki Princess! Fruity and fun, with some sweet florals. I'm a fan. Glad I got a bottle!

I also agree with the Starburst assessment- but there is something green or floral in the background that I amped like crazy and this didn't work for me :(

Got a decant of this from a lovely forum member. :wub2:

It started off smelling like bubblegum to me when very wet but then I got more coconut and that cool mintness that is in bubblegum mixed with plumeria. A sweet floral to me. I love the coconut note in this it's definitely lighter, sweeter, and summery. It had low throw and when it dried down it was only floral and no more gum or coconut. Fun to try, wish the coconut stuck around longer. ;)