Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

LUNA
Touareg tea, Asian pear, carnation, lime sugar, green musk, armoise, and thyme.

It smells like that Fruit Stripe gum! :D

Ok, this is really well blended.. so I'm not going to pick out certain notes but rather describe the overall feeling. Green, juicy, fresh.. fruity but also herbal with a whisper of coolness. Seriously.. this smells just like a package of Fruit Stripe gum.

I loved that stuff as a kid so I may get a bottle just for that memory *sigh* Edited by MCS4096

MC was dead on the money of this. This smells like the cheap Fruit Stripe gum that only has 5 seconds of flavor to it. The green musk...it's there...but it is mixing with the tea the wrong way. My skin ate the lime sugar right up as I suspected it would. And now this has just dried down to green musk single note. Meh! :huh?:

This one smelled like gum when it was on wet. Lime sugar (mmm) and bubblegum (not something I want to smell like)

As it dries, the carnation becomes more prominent, as does the tea. At this point, Luna is no longer green and juicy, she is spicy yet creamy carnation and tea.

If you sniff real hard, that gum smell is still there. Mostly it smells like White Rabbit and Alice had a baby.

Nice, but not at ALL the juicy, green summer scent I was expecting.

I agree that it's very light, 10 minutes after application I have to press my nose to my wrist to get a whiff.

Verdict: It's okay, not bad at all. But somewhat of a disappointment because my hopes were high on this one.

ETA: After about half an hour of wear, this sort of morphs again. It goes to green musk/lime sugar/pear and is quite delicious. You can't smell it unless you huff your wrists though. If it had any kind of throw or wear length it would be great.

Edited by moosue

Another sweet, fruity scent. The lime is pretty strong early on but then it dies down a bit. And that's when I smell more tea. It's another delicate scent that would be great for the summer. I don't get any of the carnation -- it's not floral at all to me, just fruity. I also don't smell anything musky. Disappeared pretty quickly but I think the light scent it leaves behind is still pretty nice, if just close to the skin.

Just a quick edit since i've been wearing this all day -- yup, this is juicy fruit gum. delicious!

Edited by CitizenBree

Almost herbal and dusty on me. There's the faintest hint of lime, a little tea ... but overwhelmingly it smells like dust!

On the skin: Pear and lime. Not a combo I would normally go for, but it is interesting! The lime overwhelms after a bit. Sadly the lime in this blend is strange and candy-like on my skin. With a hint of bitterness?

Not for me.

Lots of tea in this for me..sweet and fruity as well. Very refreshing with a bit of musk rounding it out. Doesn't last very long though. Dries out to just sugar pretty quick. Not sure how often I'll reach for this one since the others like Gypsy are so spot on..I'll definitely give it another try though.

Starts off as pure lime sugar and fades really fast to musk, with a slight lime sweet tinge. It's a nice musk on me (I love musk), but it's also very faint, not really worth the price of admission.

This is allll pear! A very candy-like delicious pear. Yum! This is probably ht emost complex of the moth/butteryfly scents. I really can't pick out individual notes. As a whole this is a fruity pear with very light floral notes, sugar, and a gentle musk to ground everything.

Luna moth is definitley a unique scent! It feels dusty and green on the dry down. I really love this one.

A keeper for sure :wub2:

I liked this a lot more than I thought that I would, because I really dislike lime. Instead, this is a crisp, sweet green tea (that doesn't smell like lemons, yay!) loaded with pears. It's actually really, really beautiful -- simultaneously pretty and refreshing. Very very sweet, though, so if you don't like sugary scents, I suggest that you stay clear.

I so wanted to love this, it was such a sweet, lovely pear scent in the bottle and first applied. Of course the sugar note historically hates me, and this is no different. On the drydown I end up with a plasticky, white musk-y sweetness and that's all.

This smells juicy and green and fruity to me. Quite nice, and something I would have adored as a teenager. Then it dries and fades. It continues to fade until 2 hours later when there's pretty much nothing left to it. Sticking my wrist to my nose and huffing, I can get a very faint hint of it.

End result, its not for me. With the tweeniness of it and lack of staying power, I'll most likely pass it along.

I used to see Luna moths all over when I lived in Missouri, and they're one of my favorite things ever <3. I wanted to love this scent, but it's not really Me. It's a very clean and citrussy scent that goes too sharp for my tastes. I get mostly zesty lime and clean tea, with a bit of smooth, green musk. The overall feel smells a little like lime scented dryer sheets on me in the drydown, as the citrus gets a little too sharp on my skin. It's the sort of scent that gives me a headache, so I had to scrub this one off after about an hour. I'll keep my empty bottle (love the label <3), but I think that I'll have to find a new home for my decant.

I get no lime from this, which makes me sad. It smelled like fruity bananas to me, esp. on wet. As it dries, it is slightly more citrusy. But yeah, I get a TON of something that smells like bananas on me.

Luna Moth

This is sweeter than Rosy Maple but has the same tartness, if that makes any sense. It's pretty tart in the bottle and on my skin for a while. After it fades, it reminds me very much of High-Strung Daisies + lime and pear. I like it.

Very sugary lime to start out with. After awhile it dries to carnation, and fades quickly. hmm. wonder where the musk went?

Sweet and candy like is the immediate impression I get from this. The scent is almost entirely citrus and sugar, with perhaps a touch of the pear. It also fades after about an hour on me. A good choice for someone looking for a sugary, candy or citrus scent!

Fresh, sweet and slightly green when wet with a touch of tea. Ends up being a sweet, slightly lime tea, and oddly enough a get a cream note here. After an hour or so, this reminds me of a toned down Agape, but all in all, this is much too sweet near the beginning, and I too, wish the lime came out more.

Urgh, this put me immediately in mind of an iced drink they make at a coffee shop near me--it sounds like it would be fantastic, with green tea and fruit, but in reality it is syrupy melon flavor that kills the tea dead. Likewise, Luna sounds like it should be delicate and lovely, but--at least on me--a syrupy pear note all but drowns the refreshing tea, herbs, and lime I was hoping for. Sad.

Luna moth smells like pear Jelly Bellies when in the decant vial. On my skin, it smells of lime candy, pear and a little like civit which is a bit odd considering the notes and slightly unpleasant. The vial leaked all over my bedclothes and is now smelling out my bedroom with a combination of lime sugar, pear Jelly Belly and something very unpleasant.

This one is not a hit....

In the bottle – Mostly pear and a haze of other green notes

Wet on me – The lime comes through more. This is a little reminiscent of Lush’s Avobath

Dry on me – A dry, clean, slightly sweet musk scent

Overall – Delicate and pretty

Well, before I read the Fruit Stripes comparison, I thought Luna smelled like sweet crisp pear, lime, and maybe a light tea in the imp. Now I just smell Fruit Stripe gum in there. Maybe with a little herbal kick.

On me the only things that show up are the pear and something fresh and green, almost pulpy. The lime vanishes before it dries. It's not a BAD scent, but I'm not a fan of pear on my skin, I think. Pass.

Edited by karen

Mmm.. lime! MMMM... pear AND lime! I wish Beth would use pear more often, it's such a lovely note when it plays nice with others.. as it does here in Luna. The combination of pear and lime is perfect - I'm kinda wondering now how well they would work together as a juice drink :)

There's a slight pepperiness here from the carnation, and the thyme adds an organic element to the blend - those two are doing a fine job of stopping this from becoming a fruity sugary mess. I'm not sure what Touareg tea smells like, so I can't comment on that.. but Luna does actually remind me of a 'tea' kind of smell - one of those exotic teas that you pay a lot of money for because it's supposed to contain natural ingredients and real fruits.

I might have to acquire a bottle of this one, it reminds me a bit of Perilous Parlor which also has a gorgeous pear note - but where PP is pink to me, this is definitely green. It wears beautifully on my skin, the notes all stay good and the musk comes out later to add a layer of softness to everything. Very very yummy, and it's so nice to have a new lime blend in my BPAL collection!

Oh my, this is Fruit Stripe gum. Even when it dries down it keeps that bubbley pink scent. Nice but not for me.

I really love this. Really really. It's lime and green and sweet, with a hint of cream musk. There's a touch of something that bites, and I'm guessing that's the tea. I'm so in love with this... but why oh why does it have to be so close to the skin??? I have to bury myself in my wrist to even detect it. I may try a bottle so I can slather, or mix with my body oil to layer. This scent is so me.